Soldier // j.j.k

By _elin24_

'The way everything seems so wrong, but so right. Was it when you promised me you will be back? Or was it the... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42. (Final)

23.

577 24 3
By _elin24_

The sound of Jaeun crying woke up both Jungkook and Haewon, and they stirred in each other arm before opening their eyes. She let out a soft sigh and was about to left the bed when he stopped her making Haewon halted halfway.

"I'll check on her, sleep. You are tired"

She grinned and laid down herself back to the mattress while he stand up and covered himself with a dark blue robe. Jaeun crying was getting louder so he quickly went to her room, leaving Haewon who was about to drift away into a deep sleep. She sunk her face in the pillow, realize that their bed mostly smell like Jungkook and she blushed at what they were doing before.

"Why everything smells like you?"

"Is this necessary?"

"It looks pretty"

Haewon laughed when he said that and let the man tucked the flower at the ribbon of her hat. She never likes fancy looking hat,but Jungkook wanted to make the pale pink headwear looks lovely. The shop owner smiled at the couple before focusing back on counting his cash.

"Now this is enough"

She smiled at him and they bid their farewell at the owner before walking out from the shop. He pulled her closer to him , making the woman tilted her head to him with a puzzle look.

"You are being a gentleman, sir Jeon"

"I'm always a gentleman to the woman I love. Now look in front, you look like a lovestruck teenage girl"

"Oh darling, that wasn't what you said to me last night"

He shot her a look and she laughed before looking back to the front. He had bought her to a date, but she had no idea of where they are going. The long dress she was wearing perfectly covered her curves , along with the long coat she fold at her arms. Her heels clicked to the pavement, and she was lucky the heels were quite flat or she will be in pain after an hour walking. Jungkook on the other hand was fully suited, with his long coat hugging his body and his hat placed at his head.

It was a normal day for the city of London, shop starting their day and the streets were busy with cars and bicycle. Haewon had always imagined  riding the bicycle around the city, but she never learn to ride one. She doesn't know how to balance herself and ended up with a scrap whenever she tried to ride it.

Before she could go further into her memories, Jungkook voice stopped her. He was calling someone, a young mailman who was happily cycling while doing his job. The young boy seems to recognize him and cycled to them before jumping down from his bike and stood before them.  The man saluted at him, which Jungkook nodded slightly while Haewon smiled.

"Good morning, sir. And I believe you are Mrs. Jeon?"

She nodded with a small 'yes'. She was still puzzled at why he called the boy until she saw Jungkook fished out some dollars to the young man pocket making him surprised. Haewon looked at them both, the boy gasped at the bump of his chest pocket, meaning the money must be too much for it to be there.

"We are renting your bike for an hour, Vante. Go back to your mother for a while, she must be craving for some meat tonight. I'll leave your bike near the bakery"

The said Vante looked surprised and touched by the mention of his mother, so he pushed the bike to them happily while saying his thank you towards them. Haewon smiled seeing how happy he is, skipping away from them with the empty mail bag. He must have done his work or he won't lend his bike for them even if Jungkook stuffed money at every pocket. Jungkook pulled her closer to him and  he ride on it before making Haewon comfortable at the front seat.

She feared they might fall but he insisted they won't. Her legs were hanging from the road while her body rested on his chest. She put down her cloche hat and rested it at her lap before taking out a ribbon from her pocket to tied her hair. Her lavender shampoo invaded his nostrils, and he restrain himself from nuzzling closer for a better smell. After Haewon was comfortable enough, he started to cycled it making her shrieked a bit and scolded him from not warning her.

"Calm down, darling."

"Don't you dare call me that"

"Says the one who teased me before"

She mumbled some more but stopped once her eyes settle down the road. They were at normal speed, so Haewon could see everything and even waved at some familiar faces. It will be nice if Jaeun could be here, but Jungkook had wanted to spend the whole day with her, one that he failed to do because of his work before. Now that he got a leave because of his work at the post, it was easy enough for Haewon to plan when will the man come back home and cooked something for him. They had left Jaeun at Miss Anna and the woman was thrilled to take care of Jaeun for the whole day, she had miss the child for the past three days because Haewon still didn't went to her work yet.

She was contemplating whether she should serve the hospital or the chapel, but that can wait. She could ask Jungkook about that later.

"My father use to make me send mail like Vante. I was seven that time"

"That young?"

"We are short of money, and mailing is the best thing to work at my age. Vante had been doing this since he was ten"

"You know him well"

"He always send mails to the military office , so we often met. He had a talent to be an artist, but its hard for him to buy paints, so he stick with mailing"

"Vante, that doesn't sound english"

"His father was from Paris, his mother lives here. Now look at your front, two o clock. A woman is waving at you"

Haewon looked back to the direction he said and waved. She didn't quite catch who is it, but she just purposely do it to prevent the woman later to hold grudge. They were passing more and more shops, when one caught her attention and she looked up to Jungkook whose eyes focused on the road.

"Why don't we buy a new cologne for you? The one you are using have a strong scent"

"Why? You don't like it?"

"No. It just our bed smells like you too much, and even when you just hold me for a while,that scent was everywhere at my clothes"

He smiled before stopping the bike with his one leg. He bend down till his eyes were the same level as her,making her taken aback a bit. Their nose brushed slightly and if she moved a bit, they might have kissed.

"Isn't that supposed to be a good thing? Think about it as me claiming you mine. Or will you want another way?"

"You and your dirty mind is really something. What did they fed you at military camps?"

They parked their car at one spot, distancing themselves from other cars. After their small cycling activities, he had bought her to the outskirts of the city , which Haewon never went eversince she stepped in London. He had bought them some popcorn and drinks, and Haewon knew they are going for a drive in movie. She had always wanted to try it when she was at school, but her social life wasn't that good for her to have a lover.

Even the popcorn and the food they serve where pricey, but Jungkook bought it all. It was already dark when they get here, and it was good that Jungkook had asked Miss Anna to take care of Jaeun for the night. At first Haewon was worried the child will cause a tantrum,but then she heard from the other line of the payphone the giggles of her daughter meaning she was at her best behavior. She make a mental note for herself to  treat Miss Anna dinner later.

"It should start by now"

"How did you know about this place?"

"The boys at my post talk about it whenever they went to a date. So I thought it will be nice for us to come here"

"You sound like an old man right now"

He laughed before pulling her closer to him, head resting at the space between his neck and shoulder. The movie had started to play, with a scene of a girl running around a flower field, with a boy following him at the back. Her eyes softened at the sight, imagining Jaeun to grow that beautiful.  She then was bought back to Jungkook promise about quitting once he's done his service in the post, and she felt guilty for it.  She looked up to him, his eyes seem focused on the play in front of them, but she knew he was thinking of something else.

"Jungkook"

He hummed a response , making her smiled at his laziness to opened his mouth.

"Are you sure about your plan about us leaving this place?"

"Of course. Why?"

"But, you love you work"

"I promised your uncle"

He looked down at her, her face looked perplexed at his word but she didn't say anything. The movie in front of them was not having their attention anymore but they don't care about it. He brushed the strands of her hair to the back of her ear before resting his hand at her face. Their breathing mingled at each other, and his gaze was warm.

"I promise him to make you happy, to be by your side and to never leave you. Staying here, with the war never seems to end is making things hard for the both of us. I've think about it, Haewon. Not just you, it's for Jaeun sake too. It would be better to stay somewhere calm, where the war is never heard and no soldiers marching around. I promised you before about this, but I guess I would have make it happen as soon as I can"

"Won't you regret it? It's your life after all"

"Why would I? My life now consist of you and Jaeun, and it will never change"

She smiled with tears in her eyes before hiding her face at thr crook of his neck. The man smiled and planted small kisses on her hair before looking back at the movie in front of them. It was already halfway, and the children that were running before were no longer at the screen. It was now about some teenagers talking, but he had lost interest.

"Why don't we go home? I don't even know what is happening right now in the movie"

"Let's go to my uncle house, it's closer than ours from here"

She unlocked the door and the pair went in. It was quite clean, probably the maid her uncle paid came before to clean it. Or maybe his trusted worker did the work. Jungkook switch on the lights and hang his coat and his hat, alongside with hers. She was right after all, his scent lingers at the fabric of her coat but he still doesn't want to change it. He liked it that way, and make sure it stays that way.

"I think one of my uncle worker take care of this house. Most of his things were send to charity, while things such as pictures and his favourite things are with us"

"You know who?"

"Probably the blonde man"

He raised his eyebrow, and he got a sense of deja vu at the word 'blonde'. It was as if something trigerred his inner sense and before he could open any memories about a blonde man, the door swung open in surprise. She almost shrieked in shock but Jungkook was fast enough to push her to his back, blocking her view while his eyes glared at the intruder. He had a blonde hair, blue eyes and his fingers had some scars, as if he worked with something sharp before. Jungkook didn't deny about his looks though, he looks handsome, a feature he could never have at his face.

Wait, where did I heard that?

"Who are you? And how did you get in?"

"It's us who should be asking that question man. And put down that hammer from me, you don't want to hurt an officer"

"Wait, you are Jeon Jungkook?"

The man put down the hammer and realize a figure hiding behind him. Jungkook saw his eyes trailed behind him so he cleared his throat, already despise the man for eyeing his wife. The blonde look at him back before putting down the hammer at a table near the door and went for a handshake, even though he was sure that Jungkook won't even took his hand.

"Peter. Peter Harrison. I worked for Mr. Lee, and I believe the woman behind you must be Lee Haewon"

"Jeon. Jeon Haewon"

He smirked at the dark tone Jungkook used, and he was right about the soldier not responding to his handshake. He let down his hand and his eyes were still on the figure behind him. Haewon who have heard everything slowly peek and saw him, before she grinned widely at him and walked past Jungkook. The man was surprised at his wife bold move so he pulled her to his chest while his eyes glared sharply at the intruder.

"It's nice to meet you again, Mrs. Jeon"

"It's nice to -"

"Again?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 6.3K 35
Imagine being 5,000 miles away from home, and the entire world decides to shut down. No flights, no phone service, and no one to trust. In a world wi...
5.6K 199 14
โ€บ โœถ ๐—ง ๐—› ๐—˜ ๐—› ๐—œ ๐—— ๐—— ๐—˜ ๐—ก ๐—Ÿ ๐—ข ๐—ฉ ๐—˜ . ๐“ˆˆ ใ€ป โพฆ "Explain." Jungkook said, his voice holding nothing except anger. She...
5K 329 50
"Does your heart only beat for me?" "will you wait for me even when you know I am never yours?" "are you sure? because your eyes are saying somethin...
558K 39K 64
"๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ...๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง..." I was born to lead wars...But he was a battle that I could never...