Rosabella Black | Daughter of...

By Alexandra_060203

Rosabella Black is going into her fourth year at Hogwarts, along with her three best friends Ron, Hermione an... More

The Blacks
The Interrogation Of Remus Lupin
Back To The Burrow
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
The Portkey
Bagman and Crouch
The Quiditch World Cup
The Dark Mark
Mayhem At The Ministry
Aboard The Hogwarts Express
The Triwizard Tournament
Mad-Eye Moody
The Unforgivable Curses
Beauxbatons and Durmstrang
The Goblet of Fire
The Four Champions
The Weighing of the Wands
The Hungarian Horntail
The First Task
The House-Elf Liberation Front
The Unexpected Task
The Yule Ball
Rita Skeeter's Scoop
The Second Task
Padfoot Returns
The Madness of Mr Crouch
The Third Task
The Parting Of Ways
The Beginning

The Dream

417 12 3
By Alexandra_060203

Rosabella's Point of View:

"It comes down to this. Either Mr Crouch attacked Viktor. . ." Hermione said, rubbing her forehead.

"Or somebody else attacked both of them when Viktor wasn't looking." I said, finishing her sentence.

"It must've been Crouch. That's why he was gone when Harry and Dumbledore got there. He'd done a runner." Ron said at once.

"I don't think so. He seemed really weak - I don't reckon he was up to Disapparating or anything." Harry said, shaking his head.

"How many times do Ro and I have to tell you? You can't Disapparate in the Hogwarts grounds!" Hermione said.

"OK . . . how's this for a theory. Krum attacked Crouch - no, wait for it - and then Stunned himself!" Ron said excitedly.

I laughed.

"And Mr Crouch evaporated, did he?" I pointed out.

"Oh, yeah. . ." Ron said.

The trio and I had talked late into the night about Crouch so we were all puffy eyed and pale. We got up early and snuck out of the dormitory to send a letter to Dad, telling him about last night. We were now staring out at the misty grounds through the Owlery window.

"Can you go through it again, Harry?" I asked.

"What did Mr Crouch actually say?" Hermione asked.

"I've told you, he wasn't making much sense. He said he wanted to warn Dumbledore about something. He definitely mentioned Bertha Jorkins, and he seemed to think she was dead. He kept saying stuff was his fault . . . he mentioned his son." Harry said

"Well, that was his fault." I said testily.

"He was out of his mind. Half the time he seemed to think his wife and son were still alive, and he kept talking to Percy about work and giving him instructions." Harry said.

"And . . . remind me what he said about You-Know-Who?" Ron asked tentatively.

"I told you. He said he's getting stronger." Harry said dully.

We all paused.

"But he was out of his mind, like you said, so half of it was probably just raving. . ." Ron said with false confidence.

"He was sanest when he was trying to talk about Voldemort. He was having real trouble stringing two words together, but that was when he seemed to know where he was, and know what he wanted to do. He just kept saying he had to see Dumbledore." Harry said, ignoring Ron's wince.

"If Snape hadn't held me up, we might've got there in time. 'The Headmaster is busy, Potter. . . what's this rubbish, Potter?' Why couldn't he have just got out the way?" Harry said, bitterly.

I gave Harry a sympathetic look and wrapped my arms around his waist. Harry responded by wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"Maybe he didn't want you to get there! Maybe - hang on - how fast d'you reckon he could've got down to the Forest? D'you reckon he could've beaten you and Dumbledore there?" Ron said quickly.

"Not unless he can turn himself into a bat or something." I said tiredly, resting my head on Harry's chest.

"Wouldn't put it past him." Ron muttered.

"We need to see Professor Moody. We need to find out whether he found Mr Crouch." Hermione said.

"If he had the Marauder's Map on him, it would've been easy." Harry said.

"Unless Crouch was already outside the grounds. Once you go past the boundaries you dont show u -" I said but stopped when we heard someone coming up the stairs.

We could hear two voices arguing coming closer and closer.

"- that's blackmail, that is, we could get into a lot of trouble for that-"

That sounded like George.

"-we've tried being polite, it's time to play dirty, like him. He wouldn't like the Ministry of Magic knowing what he did -"

That sounded like Fred.

"I'm telling you, if you put that in writing, it's blackmail!"

That sounded like George again.

"Yeah, and you won't be complaining if we get a nice fat payoff, will you?"

I believe Fred said and then the Owlery door banged open. Fred and George froze when they saw us.

"What're you doing here?" Ron and Fred said at the same time.

"Sending a letter." Harry and George said in unison.

"What, at this time?" Fred and I said.

I grinned and so did Fred. I looked behind them and was surprised I didn't see Jason or Jacob. The four of them were never apart while they were at Hogwarts.

"They're studying." George said, rolling his eyes.

I nodded in response.

"Well, don't let us hold you up." Fred said, mock bowing and pointing towards the door.

"Who're you blackmailing?" Ron said.

The grin vanished from Fred's face. George half glanced at Fred before smiling at Ron.

"Don't be stupid, I was only joking." George said, easily.

"Didn't sound like it." Ron said.

Fred and George looked at each other.

"I've told you before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like it the shape it is. Can't see why you would, but -" Fred said abruptly.

"It's my business if you're black mailing someone. George's right, you could end up in serious trouble for that." Ron said.

"Told you, I was joking. You're starting to sound like our dear older brother, you are Ron. Carry on like this and you'll be made a Prefect." George said, taking the letter from Fred and attaching it to the leg of the nearest barn owl.

"No, I won't!" Ron said hotly.

George carried the barn owl to the window and set it off.

"Well, stop telling people what to do then. See you later." George said and he and Fred left the Owlery.

"You don't think they know something about all this, do you?" Hermione whispered.

"About Crouch and everything?" I clarified.

I then shook my head determinedly.

"No. If it was something that serious, they'd tell someone." Harry said confidently.

"They'd tell Dumbledore." I agreed.

Ron, however, looked uncomfortable.

"What's the matter?" Hermione asked him.

"Well . . . I dunno if they would. They're . . . they're obsessed with making money lately. I noticed it when I was hanging around with them – when – you know –" Ron said slowly.

"We weren't talking." Harry said, finishing the sentence for him.

"Yeah, but blackmail. . ." I said in disbelief.

"It's this joke - shop idea they've got. I thought they were only saying it to annoy Mum, but they really mean it, they want to start one. They've only got a year left at Hogwarts, they keep going on about how it's time to think about their future, and Dad can't help them, and they need gold to get started." Ron said.

Hermione was looking uncomfortable now.

"Yes but they wouldn't do anything against the law to get gold. Would they?" Hermione said.

"Wouldn't they? I dunno . . . they don't exactly mind breaking rules, do they?" Ron said looking sceptical.

"They're not going to break the law. There's a big difference between a school rule and the law." I insisted.

"They'll get a lot more than detention for blackmail! Ron, maybe you should tell Percy." Hermione insisted.

"Are you mad? Tell Percy? He'd do a Crouch and turn them in." Ron said, looking out the window the owl had flown out off.

"Come on, I'm starving. Let's go get breakfast." I suggested.

"D'you think it's too early to go and see Professor Moody?" Hermione said, as we went down the spiral staircase.

"Yes. He'd probably blast us through the door if we wake him at the crack of dawn." Harry said.

I laughed.

"He'll think we're trying to attack him while he's asleep. Let's give it 'till break." I said.

History of Magic had never gone so slowly. Unlike the others who fought to keep their eyes open, I easily slept throughout the entire class. Professor Binns was too focused on his full lecture to actually make sure his students were paying attention. I jolted up when the bell rang and the trio laughed at my slightly terrified expression at the sudden noise that had woke me up. Harry and I held hands as we walked with Ron and Hermione to the Defence Against the Dark Arts class room, with Winter walking next to us as always.

We arrived at the class room just as Moody was leaving it. Professor Moody looked as tired as we felt.

"Professor Moody?" Harry called, as we made our way towards him through the crowd.

"Hello, Potter. Come in here." Moody said, as his magical eye survived the passing crowd.

He stood back to let us into his empty classroom and then limped in after us and closed the door.

"Did you find him? Mr Crouch?" Harry said, getting straight to the point.

"No." Moody said, moving to sit at his desk and stretching his wooden leg with a groan.

"Did you use the map?" Harry said.

"Of course. Took a leaf out of your book, Potter. Summoned it from my office into the Forest. He wasn't anywhere on there." Moody said, taking a swig from his flask.

"So he did Disapparate?" Ron said.

Now I was starting to get annoyed. If he don't want to read Hogwarts of History, fine. But could he at least remember you can't Disapparate on Hogwarts grounds. We literally told him that this morning.

"You can't Disapparate in the grounds, Ron! We already ruled that out. There are other ways he could have disappeared, aren't there, Professor?" I said.

Moody's magical eyerested on me.

"You're another one who might think about a career as an Auror. Mind works the right way, Black." Moody told me.

I nearly cried with happiness and it took a lot of self control not to cry but I couldn't keep the beaming smile off my face.

"Well, he wasn't Invisible." Harry stated.

I nodded thoughtfully in agreement.

"The map shows Invisible people." I muttered, mainly to my self as I tried to think of the most logical explanation.

"He must've left the grounds, then." Harry said.

"But under his own steam? Or because someone made him?" Hermione said eagerly.

"Yeah, someone could've – could've pulled him onto a broom and flown off with him, couldn't they?" Ron said quickly, looking hopefully at Moody.

He's probably hoping that he too will be told he has the makings of an Auror.

"We can't rule out kidnap." Moody growled.

"So, d'you reckon he's somewhere in Hogsmeade?" Ron said.

"Could be anywhere. Only thing we know for sure is that he's not here." Moody said, shaking his head and then he yawned.

"Now, Dumbledore's told me you four  yourselves as investigators, but there's nothing you can do for Crouch. The Ministry'll be looking for him now, Dumbledore's notified them. Potter, you just keep your mind on the third task." Moody said.

I completely forgot that the third tasks was now a month a way and that we need help Harry prepare. We've been so preoccupied with Crouch's disappearance that I completely forgot that Harry was giving the instructions for the next and finale task.

"What? Oh, yeah . . ." Harry said, clearly he had forgotten too.

"Should be right up your street, this one. From what Dumbledore's said, you've managed to get through stuff like this plenty of times. Broke your way through a series of obstacles guarding the Philosopher's Stone in your first year, didn't you?" Moody said, looking at Harry and scratching his chin.

"We helped. Ro, Hermione and I helped." Ron said quickly.

Moody grinned.

"Well, help him practice for this one, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't win. In the meantime . . . constant vigilance, Potter. Constant vigilance." Moody said, then drinking out of his hip flask.

"You three, you stick close to Potter, all right? I'm keeping an eye on things, but all the same . . . you can never have too many eyes out." Moody said.

Dad was not happy. He returned the owl we had sent the next morning. The letter said:

Harry,
What do you think you are playing at, walking off into the Forest with Viktor Krum? I want you to swear, by return owl, that you are not going to go walking with anyone else at night. There is somebody highly dangerous at Hogwarts. It is clear to me that they wanted to stop Crouch seeing Dumbledore and you were probably a feet away from them in the dark. You could have been killed. Your name didn't get into the Goblet of Fire by accident. If someone's trying to attack you, they're on their last chance. Stay close to Ron, Hermione and Ro, do not leave Gryffindor Tower after hours. Don't make me, make Ro enlist the help of her brothers because I will if I have to. Arm yourself for the third task. Practice Stunning and Disarming. A few hexes wouldn't go amiss either. There's nothing you can do about Crouch. Keep your head down and look after yourself. I'm waiting for your letter giving me your word you won't stray out of bounds again.
Sirius

I think Dad needs to have a chat with Uncle Remus on how easy it is to make me do something.

"Who's he, to lecture me about being out of bounds? After all the stuff he did at School!" Harry said with mild indignation.

"He's worried about you! Just like Moody and Hagrid! So listen to them." Hermione said.

"Dad's right. Moody is right. Hermione is right. You know the situation is serious when Sirius is serious." I said, grinning at the bad joke.

The trio laughed and shook their heads at the pun.

"No one's tried to attack me all year.  No one's done anything to me at all –" Harry said.

"Except put your name in the Goblet. They did it for a reason. Did you consider that they may have been bidding their time? Assessing you. Observing you. Your strengths. Maybe the other tasks was there way of seeing what your capable of. Maybe this is the task where they'll try to get you. We don't know who did this, Harry. We don't know how they think or their motive for doing it. You have to stay alert. Dont fall into a false sense of security." I said, reasonably.

Harry sighed and grabbed my hands and held them in his. Harry leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"Look, let's say Snuffles is right, and someone stunned Krum to kidnap Crouch. Well, they would've been in the trees near us, wouldn't they? But they waited 'til I was out of the way until they acted, didn't they? So it doesn't look like I'm their target, does it?" Harry said, impatient.

I knew the impatience was because Harry hated people underestimating and protecting him. Harry preferred to do the protecting rather then be protected.

"They couldn't have made it look like an accident if they'd murdered you in the Forest!" Hermione said.

I couldn't help but flinch, like Ron does when Voldemort's name gets said, when I thought about the idea of Harry being killed in the Forest.

"But if you die during a task –" Hermione continued but got interrupted by Harry.

"They didn't care about attacking Krum, did they? Why didn't they just polish me off at the same time? They could've made it look like Krum and I had a duel or something." Harry said, still holding onto my hands.

I gripped Harry's hands tighter.

"Harry, I don't understand it either. I just know there are a lot of odd things going on and I don't like it. I'm going to get my brothers to teach you any spells that maybe useful, we'll help to." I said, leaving no room for Harry to object.

"Make sure you write back to Snuffles and promise you won't go sneaking off alone again." Hermione insisted.

Harry sighed in defeat and nodded his head.
Harry and Ron went to Divination and Hermione and I went to Arithmancy. Winter settled herself under the table by our feet just like always and Hermione and I secretly discussed spells we thought would be useful to teach Harry and which library books we should get to help teach him. I would hunt my brother down at lunch to ask for their help. It shouldn't take much convincing, they cared about Harry too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

677K 18.9K 36
Frannie Black is the daughter of the infamous Sirius Black, who passed away two years ago in the Department of Mysteries. Now, she has been on the ru...
2.2K 74 11
Hey everyone, my name is Estelle Black. I am the daughter of Regulus Black and niece of Sirius Black. She is a sixth yea at Hogwarts School of Witchc...
126K 4.9K 21
Maia Black, daughter of mass murderer, Sirius Black, is entering Hogwarts for her first time. After being guarded from the real world by her 'Uncle M...
11.1K 273 35
Alone. That's how Rosabella felt. Harry was gone. Hunting Horcrux's along with Hermione and Ron. Rosabella was left as Hogwarts sole defender. Battli...