Who Are You? The Football Man...

By Slytherin_Princess13

She stepped in front of me and looked at me with hatred filled electric blue eyes and asked, "who do you thin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The First Time I Talked to Barcelona
Chapter 2: Retirement
Chapter 3: The Men in Black Suits
Chapter 4: The Contract
Chapter 5: Real Madrid vs Mรกlaga
Chapter 6: Leaving Madrid
Chapter 7: Dealing with Cristiano
Chapter 8: The Official Introduction
Chapter 9: Moving In
Chapter 10: A New Friend
Chapter 11: Feliz Cumpleaรฑos
Chapter 12: The Interview
Chapter 14: Meeting the WAGs
Chapter 15: Surpirse!
Chapter 16: Civilized People
Chapter 17: The Gala
Chapter 18: Welcome Back to the USA!
Chapter 19: Portland Thorns vs. Seattle Reign
Chapter 20: FIFA Night
Chapter 21: Will You Be My...
Chapter 22: Give Him a Chance
Chapter 23: Barcelona vs Levante
Chapter 24: Blindfolded Penalties
Author's Note 12.24.2016

Chapter 13: Barcelona vs Sevilla

6.1K 149 140
By Slytherin_Princess13

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HEYY! Have I learned Portuguese or Spanish yet? Nope! So you're going to have to correct me if my translations are wrong! You can hit me in the head with a football if I say something stupid like "Luis Suarez proves that vampires can be friends with humans" or anything else is like that.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE 500+ VOTES AND COMMENTS!! HUGS FOR ALL OF YOU!

*ARIANNA'S POV*

I had woken up two hours before Mia had woken up. Before anyone had woken up, really. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. I was too nervous. It was my first game with Barcelona; what happens if we lose? What will people say? What will they think? I can already see the headlines: Sabotage of FC Barcelona or Madridista poisons Barcelona. I cannot have that, at any cost. I want to make a good impression for Barcelona and this is going to be my only chance. We have to win.

Mia came out of the bathroom, breaking up my thoughts, "ready to go? The team is downstairs having breakfast." I nodded and we left.

I sat at a table and stared at the toast on my plate; I didn't feel like eating. I didn't want to risk throwing up. Instead, I went around making sure everyone else ate well. They were all laughing and eating like it was a normal day. Pep didn't look the slightest bit nervous either.

I don't know how I'm going to get through today...

***********

Standing on the sidelines next to Pep, I looked around the stadium. The seats were filled and I could feel the energy coming from the excited fans. The stands erupted as the home team, Sevilla stepped onto the field; seconds later, another explosion occurs as Barcelona entered the field. Our starting lineup for the night was Claudio Bravo in goal, Dani Alves, Gerard Piqué, Jérémy Mathieu, and Jordi Alba as defense, Xavi Hernández, our captain, Sergio Busquets, and Ivan Rakitic as the midfield, and Luis Suárez, Neymar Jr., and Lionel Messi as forwards. My stomach was like a pancake being flipped on a pan as Xavi went for the coin toss and the rest of the team went to warm up. The whistle blew for the game to begin and I felt the pit in my stomach grow.

Sevilla kicked off but Barcelona gained possession easily; Suarez was faced with a 2 v 1 situation in the first couple minutes but he managed to get past them. In the fifth minute, Jordi was at the edge of the box, looking for a pass, but he couldn't find anyone. I scanned the field for Neymar because it shouldn't Jordi playing his position; when I found him, I was about to march up to him and teach him a lesson. He was kneeling down, tying his cleats. "NEYMAR!" I yelled, he looked up at me, "YOU BETTER GET UP OR ELSE I'LL MAKE SURE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO AFTER PRACTICE!!" He nodded and finished tying his shoe quickly.

As soon as he got up, Jordi passed him the ball, since he was open; but, as soon as Neymar had the ball in his possession, he was pushed over by a player. "HEY YOU, DON'T TOUCH HIM! THE BALL IS INBETWEEN HIS FEET, NOT BONES!" I screamed at the Sevilla footballer.

"Arianna...it's ok, deep breaths," Pep said, looking at me concerned.

Minutes later, Mathieu goes for a header, but gets elbowed in the head instead, "REF! What was that! Card him!" Mathieu looked at me, smiled and signaled that he's ok. Once the game restarted, our first real chance of scoring came. Gerard had the ball and he passes up field to Xavi. Xavi finds Suárez, Suárez taps it back to Xavi as he makes a run, Xavi finds Suárez in the penalty area, Suárez shoots but the goalie catches the ball before it can get too far.

In the 20th minute, another chance came; Leo had the ball plays it off to Neymar, who passes it back. Leo was on the edge of the box when a Sevilla player fouls Leo. The referee blows the whistle and a free kick is given. Leo and Xavi line up to take the kick as I chew on the inside of my cheek. was an eight-man wall, but Neymar, Suárez and Rakitic split the wall up by standing in the middle, five Sevilla footballers on one side, three on the other. Leo takes the kick, curving it as Neymar, Suárez and Rakitic bend down, landing the ball in the upper left-hand corner of the goal. I screamed in joy as the team celebrated the first goal of the game.

For the rest of the half, there were many close chances, but all of them were stopped with fouls. At one point, Leo was about to shoot but he was tripped and he rolled out of bounds. He sat up and looked at the referee but no kick or card was awarded so he just laid back down in disbelief.

The half time whistle blew and the team returned to the bench; I ran around making sure they all had water and nobody was injured. Pep talked to them about increasing out lead in the game before the whistle blew to call the players back to the field.

The second half started out significantly different than the first half. A Sevilla player gained possession of the ball and managed to dribble around Dani and Gerard; at the edge of the box, he crosses the ball past Mathieu. Bravo hits it away from the goal, but the ball bounces off of Jordi and into the goal. First minute of the second half: 1-1.

Lionel and Neymar kick off again; playing around with the ball in midfield, Neymar gets fouled on. Xavi lines up to take the free kick as everyone else goes to the penalty box and tries to get open. Xavi's kick makes a high arc and Neymar jumps up to meet the ball, scoring a beautiful header. I laugh as Dani and Neymar dance on the field.

Ten minutes later, Leo is zipping past the midfielders and passes to Suárez; Suárez controls the ball and crosses it across the face of the goal. Rakitic comes in with a header and an amazing goal. 3-1 Barcelona and my nerves were starting to settle down.

Right now, we were playing in the defending half of the field and I saw Leo standing at midfield looking bored out of his mind. Suddenly he found the ball at his feet and started to run. The only things between him and the goal were two defenders and half a field of open space. He ran towards the defenders and as he ran, Neymar joined him on the left and Suarez on the right. When he got to the top of the penalty box, Leo gave Neymar a pass through the defenders and ran towards the goal; Neymar doesn't take more than a second to cross the into the box and Leo slides, following the ball into the goal.

There were fifteen minutes left in the game when Pep decided to substitute Xavi and Suarez. Xavi passed the captain's band to Leo before coming off. Seconds after the substitution, Neymar was at the top of the penalty box with the ball, passing it back and forth with Sergio, the pair found Leo running around the mass of defenders; he dribbles the ball to the far corner of penalty box and takes a shoot. "Hattrick for Lionel Messi!" I hear the commenters say as the team celebrates their fifth goal. After they restart, Adriano goes on for Jordi. With only ten minutes left in the game, there were a couple more attempts to score a goal; even Gerard had a great run up the field before the whistle was blow to signal the end of the game.

*LIONEL's POV* O.o

We were in the locker room changing as Pep talked about today's game. I wasn't really paying attention; I was still thinking about the game myself. I smiled to myself as I remembered Arianna's face when the final whistle blew. She was like a little girl on Christmas morning. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a yelling outside. "YESSSSS WE WONN!" We all looked at each other confused; there was a knocking on the door and we all made sure we had our pants on before Pep opened the door.

"Pep! We won! We won!" It was Arianna jumping up and down as she hugged Pep. She went around the room hugging everyone. Then she stood up on one of the benches and said, "Today team, we played fabulously! We played like football is meant to be played: with passion! Xavi, you had flawless passing; Claudio, amazing job; Neymar, Ivan, superb headers." She looked at me, "Leo, oh my gosh Leo, you incredibly marvelous, magical, beauteous unicorn, give me a hug!" I put my arms out for her; she hops off the bench and wraps her skinny arms around me and I couldn't help but smile as I returned the hug.

"Um, Arianna," Pep asked, "can I continue talking?" She looked up and nodded; Pep went on talking about the game. I was just glad that Arianna was still with me. I held her close to me as we listened to Pep. Once he was done, he said he would be waiting for us in the bus. When we get to the hotel, we could go where ever we wanted, but we would be leaving for Barcelona tomorrow.

Arianna sat on the bench waiting for us to finish changing. Everyone finished in about ten minutes and we were ready to leave. Arianna stood and immediately held onto my arm for support.

"Are you ok?" I asked her.

"Yeah," she replied steadying herself, "just a little light headed..."

I looked at her more closely and noticed she was definitely off-color, "Arianna? Are you sure? You're a little pale...What did you eat, maybe it upset your stomach," I asked her. She looked adorable biting her lip, but I could see the guilt in her eyes; I repeated my question, "What did you eat?"

"...Nothing..."

"Arianna, I'm not going to know how to help you unless you tell me what you ate."

"Leo...I ate nothing. I don't think I've eaten since last night..."

I looked at appalled, but before I could scold her, Gerard interrupted, "Are you crazy? Do you want to die? Do you want us to die?"

I looked at him confused, "Geri...I don't think you're going to die..."

He gave me a hard stare, "Ronaldo is going to kill us."

I felt sick thinking of what Cristiano Ronaldo could do if he found out, "ok Arianna, we are going to get something to eat, right now."

"But Leo, it's almost dinner time and everyone is waiting at the bus. We can just have dinner with them in an hour. I was just too nervous to eat before the game, that's it. It's nothing serious. Come on, let's get to the bus." she says.

"Haha no, Leo, why don't you and Arianna take a taxi to a café or diner and eat; I'll tell the others what happened."

I nodded at him, "ok." I wrap an arm around Arianna and we walk out of the locker room. Heading out of the, now empty, stadium, I call a taxi that was waiting on the curb, "could suggest a nice place to eat?" I asked the driver.

"Of course Señor Messi! I know a perfect place."

Arianna and I got into the car, "thank you." It took us about five minutes to get to a peaceful looking café. I got out of the taxi with Arianna and paid the man.

As I turned around to the café, the driver from behind me said, "I hope your girlfriend and you enjoy!"

Before I could turn around and correct him, he had already rolled up his window and driven away. I walked to Arianna, who was waiting for me at the entrance of the café. "How about you go pick a seat and I'll go get us something," I tell her. I go to the counter and ordered; I looked at Arianna as I waited. She had picked a window seat close to the back of the café and was scrolling through her phone. She was still in the Barça manager shirt and white shorts, but she looked great in Barcelona colors. Of course, she looked better in my jersey. But before I could ponder on that thought, I was interrupted.

"Sir, your order is ready." I thanked the cashier and took the order over to Arianna.

"Here we go, now eat!"

"Well, what did you get?" She asked me.

"A cup of coffee, a brownie, and a blueberry muffin."

Taking a sip of her coffee, she asked, "and what about you?"

"Um, aren't we here to feed you? Not me?"

"Lionel!" She said while putting down her coffee, "I refuse to eat unless you eat something too!"

"Arianna, don't be childish..."

"I'm not, I'm serious."

"You're acting like you're five."

"If that's what it takes then so be it."

"Ok, I'll eat something," I told her.

"Good!" She said; I watched her use a fork and knife to cut a piece of the muffin, "now open your mouth."

"Arianna..."

"Ahhh, here comes the plane!"

I smile and opened my mouth. "Yes! There we go" She cuts off another piece of the muffin and eats it.

"You're so stubborn..."

"I get it from Cristiano, don't blame me!"

We sat in the cafe for an hour, laughing and eating together; it wasn't until Gerard texted me that I remembered we needed to go back to the hotel.

Yay! Another chapter! Sooo how was it?? :) Haha I hoped you liked it. The game that I was describing in this chapter is the game that was played between Barcelona and Sevilla on 11-22-2014.

Once again, if you want me to read your stories, then tell me! I don't mind at all! I'll vote and comment if you want!

Now to the real news...THERE'S ANOTHER PIQUE IN THE WORLD! Welcome Sasha Pique! Speaking of Pique, there have been multiple birthdays in the past week...first off...

Gerard and Shakira! On Feb. 2nd! I find it so cute that they share the same birthday...

And of course we can't forget Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar on Feb 5th!

OH AND IN OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS:

I'm sure some of you have noticed my beautiful little hater in the last chapter...PLEASE DON'T KILL HER. esecret13 is just a friend of mine from school; she's a sweetheart, she asked for my permission before posting it. She just wanted to see what would happen if she posted that comment. Other friends of mine that you don't need to freak about in case they do something weird: Celine-E and Six_rrrrrr

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please leave me a comment telling me what you think of this chapter, and maybe click on the 'vote' button?

Love y'all,

Slytherin_Princess13 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 303 85
Sergio Ramos' sister and James Rodriguez had fallen in love with each other. Soon later, Cristiano Ronaldo had fallen head over heels for Ramos' sist...
1.4M 21.1K 200
Original soccer/football imagines I have reached the maximum of 200 chapters on this story. So, if you want to keep reading my works, go to Soccer/F...
5.6K 47 17
Y/n just wanted a well paying job, but little did she know she signed up for more than just fast cash.
37.3K 708 32
"๐‚๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐š๐ฅ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๏ฟฝ...