The Last Hunt

By jirii_

When Scarlett and her friends moved to Tansville for college, they discovered something they should not have... More

The First Hunt
The Second Hunt
The Fourth Hunt
The Fifth Hunt

The Third Hunt

4 1 0
By jirii_

“.....Was that your sister?” I asked the man as he took the last furniture which was the coffee table. I only caught a glimpse of the girl.
"Uh, y-yeah." He answered.
"She was just tagging along."
"Why does she have red hair tho?"
"Oh that.... Yeah, people often ask us that kind of question. We came from different mothers." He said. He continued to go inside and placed the last piece of furniture.

"Ms. Hope, I just need your signature here and we're all set." He gave me a pen and a paper. I put my signature on it and gave it back to him.
"Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting you again." He said. I smiled at him before he went inside the truck and drove away.
Before I could enter the gate, a feeling rushed through me. I looked around but saw no one watching me. Just the sight of the truck turning left. Leaving my sight.

It went like that for months. Clark and I got pretty close. he would sometimes treat me to lunch and would sometimes offer me a ride home. And a school isn't really a school if there's no mean girls in it.

I think their names were Olivia, Stacy, and Mia. They didn't do anything to me except give me a talking about how I always hang out with Clark, Chris and his brother Eric and Sam, and Jackson. I hang out with them, yes. But its not like I'm hanging out with them for fame. And Jackson and I hang out rarely. If not rarely, not at all. I mean he's always at Chris' place that sometimes I mistake him living there.

It was Friday and lunch time. I was with Lexi since we haven't hung out for a while now. We're both busy with our own things that we couldn't really catch up with each other.

“I really find it weird that you're hanging out with Chris and Clark. They're literally the star of this school! How did you even manage to get both of them?” I glared at Lexi because of the question.

“I don't get both of them Lexi. How many times do I have to tell you that Clark is my seatmate in our first and last class?!” I told her. She's been going on and on about it for ages and she keeps bothering me about it in our apartment. We sat at our usual spot with our tray of food.

“Have you seen Violet?” I asked Lexi.

“I haven't seen her today. I'll probably pay her a visit to her apartment tomorrow or on Sunday.”

“I didn't saw her last week. or the week before."

“She's probably busy with some stuff. you should come with me.” She said as we ate.

“I can't. I need to visit mom and Tyler this weekend.” I explained and drank my orange juice.

“I heard your brother has a girlfriend.” I spat my drink as soon as I heard the word girlfriend.

“He does?!” Lexi nodded at me.

“They've been going out for a month now.”

“I can't believe what I just heard.” How come Tyler never told me?

“Because you'll freak out.” Lexi said as if she read my mind.

“I'm not gonna freak out.” I said.

“You're already freaking out.” I groaned. After a while, Clark suddenly showed up, sitting in our table.

“What are you two talking about?” He asked.

“Nothing. What are you doing here?” Lexi answered.

“What? Can't I sit here?” I looked around and saw so many vacant tables. I turn my gaze back to Clark who is now giving us an innocent smile.

“You want something don't you?” I guessed.

“Maybe...” He said as he played with the apple on his hand.

“What do you want?”

“Your help.... You see, I've been keeping an eye on this girl ever since the first day of class and—”

“You have girl problem... I get it. Scarlett is hard to get and—”

“Can you stop bringing that up?!” I said. Clark gave Lexi a confusing look before looking at me.

“She's been going on and on about it for months now. I already told her we see each other no more than friends.” I explained to Clark. He then laughed.

“I see. Well, we do look good with each other if we're ever couple.” He commented.

“But I really see her as my best friend.” He told Lexi.

“Now that we have cleared that up, I hope you stop bringing that topic up. Anyways, back to Clark's girl. What can we even do to help you?”

“You know her. More than anyone. That's why I'm asking for your help.”

“Who is she?” Lexi asked.

“It's none other than Violet.”

“You're crushing on Violet?” He nodded at us slowly.

“What do you want us to do then?” I asked.

“I just need you to tell me what does she like. How can I win her heart?” He asked sincerely.

“How to win her over.... First of all, don't be a coward and introduce yourself to her instead of going to us.” I laughed at Lexi.

“She does have a point.” Clark rolled his eyes on us and laughed.

“I will... Once you tell me.” He said. I chuckled.

“Well, all I can give you is that Violet doesn't like men who is a killjoy. She doesn't like men who are too good of a good boy. She likes men who know how to have fun.” I told Clark..

“And most importantly, she likes Mint Chocolate Ice Cream. That's the solution to everything. I think that's all you need to know.” Lexi added.

“Thanks guys.”

“In exchange...” Clark looked at Lexi. I chuckled. I knew she would say that.

“What?”

“Treat us lunch for a month.” She said. Clark's jaw dropped.

“A month?! What... I feel like I got cheated. The information you gave me isn't worth a month.” He said. Lexi and I laughed.

“Alright. A week then.” Lexi said.

“Deal.” Clark said. Right then, I couldn't help but wonder.

“Hey, Clark. Remember the first day of school?” I asked.

“Pretty much.” He answered, taking a bite of his apple.

“Well, I was wondering why your eyes turned icy blue all of a sudden...” I said. His eyes suddenly darkened.

“I don't know. I've been like that since summer. It's like a condition or something, I don't know. I'll catch you later.” He said and suddenly left. I've been having a bad feeling about today since this morning.

“Don't forget our deal!” Lexi yelled at Clark before he disappeared.

“What are you gonna do later? It's boring in the apartment.” Lexi told me. With that, I put my attention to her.

“Huh?”

“Aren't you gonna go to Chris' later?” She asked.

“Oh. Yeah. I am. I'll drop by at Mr. Hammock's Cafe first.” I said.

“Should I come? Maybe I will.” She then started to chat about everything but my mind wasn't paying attention to any of it. Something bad will happen today... I don't know what and why I feel that way, but I have to be careful today.

“Scarlett?” I looked at Lexi.

“You know, I've also been wondering. You and Chris.” She said.

“What is it this time?” I asked, obviously knowing what she's gonna ask next.

“You've been flirting with each other since day one yet you're still not together. I think you're giving Vernon false hope.”

“No. Vernon and I are done.”

“And you know, I've been wondering the same thing. Should I make the first move?” I asked. Lexi shrugged her shoulder.

“In my opinion, I think the guy should make the first move first. If he doesn't, then he isn't meant for you. But a lot of women do the first move nowadays, so It's really up to you." She said honestly.

"You're right." I sighed.

In chemistry class, the teacher asked us what Radioactivity is. I raised my hand when I saw no one was willing to answer Mr. Black's question.

“Anyone except Scarlett?” Mr. Black said.

“Just pick Scarlett, Prof. She's the only one raising her hand.” One of my classmates said. Some laughed at his response.

“Very well then. Ms. Scarlett?”

“Radioactivity is when a certain kind of atom disintegrates spontaneously and sends out little bursts of radiation from its nucleus.” I answered.

“Very well said.”

When it was dismissal, I went out and decided to spend the rest of the day at the book café.

“Good evening Mr. Hammo— You're not Mr. Hammock. What are you doing here?” I asked as I saw a different face.

“Dad's not feeling well today.” Clark said, boredom was obvious from his tone. My eyes widen to his response.

“You're his son?” He then laughed.

“No, I'm kidding, he's my uncle. I really don't know why but he gets sick frequently.” He said. He then gave me a Mocha Frappe.

“How did you know I was gonna get this?” I asked him.

“Uncle told me. He says you always go here.“ I smiled at him.

“Thank you.” I said and went to take a seat. I grabbed a few books for me to read and make myself busy with. I also took some books about the world history since in history class, we're talking about some famous people back in the day and some places, dates and other stuff.

When it was six in the evening, I packed my stuffs.

“Clark, I'm leaving. And I'm taking these books with me.” I told Clark. He then gave me the papers I'm supposed to fill with my name, date borrowed and contact number. I gave it back to him once im done. I put all the books inside my bag.

“I heard today's the Super moon." He said.

“Oh really?” He nodded at me.

“Yeah. big and beautiful.” Clark said. I smiled at him.

“I gotta go Clark. I'll see you at school.” I said before going out.

I'm not sure if I should visit Chris' residence. After that discussion with Lexi, no. And it's dark already. Chris' home is on the outskirts of the community. And by town's edge, I mean. Compared to Mr. Hammock's book cafe, it is farther. I also have to pass through a forest, which usually makes me uncomfortable. I never visit there at night or alone myself because of this.

You know what? Never mind. I won't go to Chris' house. I'll just go to the nearest bus stop which was five minutes away and then commute from there to the bus stop in my neighborhood.

I started to walk further away from the book cafe to the bus stop.

I looked up and saw how big and bright the moon is today. As I was walking, I heard a loud howl from behind. I looked at what it was and couldn't believe what I saw behind me. It was a fucking wolf. No. Werewolves. And they were growling at me.

I need to run. I told myself. I sprinted across the forest without knowing where I was going as long as they wouldn't bother me or try to eat me.

I looked behind to see where they are but then I tumbled on a rock and fell down on the ground.

“Aaahh!” I yelled in pain. My leg got a big wound that started to bleed non-stop. I looked at the wolves who just arrived. I cursed to myself. One wolf pranced at me but something hit the werewolf that sent it flying away to the tree. No. It was someone. A guy, and he was growling. He turned his head toward me, and my eyes widened again when I saw his face. His eyes was red...

"Chris?"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hi:) I hope you're loving the story so far. I still don't have a vision of how this story is gonna end(⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 389 35
He didn't know what he was walking into when he first saw her. If he could escape fate, he would. He tried many times, and everytime he does, it just...
13.4K 696 28
Shyanne Beeker has a hard time being the Omega in her pack. She's practically invisible now, but she has learned to deal with it. When she meets a tr...
43 0 2
After a vampire attacks his family and leaves him for dead, Ethan awakens to find himself changed. As he struggles to adapt to his new abilities as a...
127 5 14
Scarlett Smith is a woman in need of answers. Since her twenty first birthday strange things have been happening all around her. She has a feeling sh...