The Girl who Survived (Fred...

By Mystic_sins

"You forget, I notice everything too" "I love you tulip" "You know you can be very sweet sometimes, and then... More

Authors note
Ch. 1 A day at the park
Ch. 2 A Wand and a Friend
Ch 3. Last Day of Summer Holiday
Author's Note
Ch 4. And so, It Began
Ch 5. Start as Friendships
Ch 6. The other Suitor
Ch 7. A Confession
CH 8. Gift of Knowledge
CH 9. The First Truth
CH 10. Collection
CH 11. Secrets
CH 12. Rumors Hurt
CH 13. The Black Dog
CH 14. First Holiday Away
CH 15. Confrontations
Authors note
CH 16. Coming Alive
CH 17. Blinded Visions
CH 18. The Truth about Padfoot, Moony and Wormtail
CH 19. The Do Over Day
CH 20. Some Kind of Ending
CH 21. The First Time
CH 22. A Different Type of Feeling
CH. 23 The Sound of Water
CH 24. A Very Weasley Summer
CH 25. Feelings Return
CH 26. The World Cup
CH 27. Back to school
CH 28. A New Defense
CH 29. The Goblet Has Spoken
CH 30. Technically the Truth
CH 31. Well Done Dragon
CH 32. Dates and Ball Gowns
CH 33. The Yule Ball PT. 1
CH 34. The Yule Ball Pt. 2
CH 35. The Black Lake
CH. 36 Visions or Dreams
CH 37. Sweater Weather
CH 38. Floating
CH 39. Biscotti and The Hogwarts March
CH. 40 Blinding
CH 41. Aftermath
CH 42 The Quiet That Follow
CH 43. Reading
CH 44. Future mornings
CH 45. Guardian
CH 46. A New Year
CH 47. Cutting Deep
CH 48. Trust
CH 49. Leftfield Conversations
CH 50. Strict
CH 51. Psychic Bonding
CH 52. Good Days Turned Banned
CH 53. Cunning
CH 54. Letters
CH 55. Occlumency
CH 56. Truths and Burns
CH 57. Awkward Memories
CH 58. Rhapsody
CH 59. The Last Party
CH 60. Patronus
CH 61. Smashing
CH 62. The First Act
CH 63. Reactions
CH 64. Family Matters
CH 65. Planning
CH 66. Unexpected
CH 67. Lilies
CH 68. The Last Minute
CH 69. A Long Road
CH 69.2 Wedding Night Short
CH 70. Leaving the Bubble
CH 71. The Secret Keeper
CH 72. The Secret Keepers Secrets
CH 73. Reaching out
CH 74. What If's
CH 75. A New Marauder
CH 76. A Reunion
CH. 77 An Invasion of Trust
CH 78. Incoming Rain
Remus Bonus Short
CH 79. Smell of Home
CH 80. Joy and Grief
CH 81. Similar Actions
CH 81. Returning
CH 83. Decisions
CH 84. Fear
CH 85. The Second Act
CH 86. Rubies on the Pitch
CH 87. Inferno
CH 88. Dumbledore's Truth
CH 89. Sectumsempra
CH 90. Plotting
CH 91. Clean
CH 92. The Astronomy Tower
CH 93. Turmoil
CH 94. A Realization
CH 95. Farewell
CH 96. Fight or Flight
CH 97. A Wedding
CH 98. An Arrangement
CH 99. Surviving
CH 100. A Blending of Realities
CH 101. Consequence for Humanity
CH 102. Heart to Heart
CH 103. Avalanche

CH 58. A Very Giving Christmas

1.9K 47 98
By Mystic_sins

Christmas Eve and Day prove to bring happiness and closeness, regardless of what's going on in the world outside of Grimmauld Place. Though letting ones mind wander during an Order meeting after Christmas may not be the wisest idea.

Songs that helped when writing:

All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

Ice Dance - Danny Elfman

White Christmas - The Drifters

A Little Wicked - Valerie Broussard

~Elodie's POV~

For the next two days, nothing else would matter. There would be no world outside of the bubble. I'd taken the coin necklace I'd once worn and turned it into a collar for Cat. Cedric said it was to keep me safe. And now I'd passed it onto the creature meant to keep me safe. I wrapped it up and placed it with the other gifts. It wasn't much, but with Minerva's help I'd been able to do something to lighten the Christmas mood.

Ginny, Minerva, and I got to work in the kitchen to try to make a Christmas eve dinner. With help from Hermione we'd been able to get something that resembled a dinner close to what Molly would have prepared. Her and Mr. Weasley would arrive tomorrow morning, so we just had one more sleep to get through.

"There may or may not be an eggshell or two in the eggnog," Ginny said.

"Gin, all you had to do was open the carton and pour it into the pitcher," I said with a raised eyebrow and a slight laugh.

"I thought it was a mix," She said and placed it on the counter. "Just as well, someone will drink it."

"Heard you almost burned the rolls?" Fred said with an evil grin on his face as he arrived with Harry, Bill and Charlie in tow.

"Right well if you expect to have a lass that will have a perfect dinner waiting for you when you get home every night, as opposed to one that is comfortable with a takeout menu, I suggest you find yourself a different girlfriend Fred Weasley," I said sarcastically as I placed my hands on my hips.

He used it as an invitation and threaded his arms through mine to lift me up and twirl me once before kissing me and placing me back down. "Making plans for the future Potter? Take a bloke out on a date first," He said against my lips.

"I love takeout, just throwing it out there," Charlie said before earning a whack to the back of the head from Bill.

"Did you get everything on the list?" Hermione asked them.

"We have Whiskey, Gin, Brandy, and wine, both red and white. Too many varieties, how do muggles do this?" George said as he placed a bag on the counter.

"Funny, I recall sending you out for a carton of milk, peas and potatoes. Not enough drink for an entire cavalry," Minerva said, shooting them a look.

"You were supposed to watch them," I said wiggling a finger at Harry.

"I was supposed to take care of the currency," Harry said defensively as he hid a laugh.

"It's right here," Bill said as he walked to Minerva's side to take her the groceries. It was nice having Bill around more. He'd begun a new position at Gringotts so it kept him closer to home. What I'd once mistaken as flirting in the past turned into brotherly teasing. And it felt so natural. Like he'd become an older brother to me over night.

Aside from his slight joking manner, Fred seemed rather glum. They still hadn't heard from Percy, even though they sent him urgent owls informing him of what had happened to their father. They hadn't spoken since after the tournament when Percy suddenly moved out and estranged himself from the family in pursuit of elevating his career. I rubbed a hand on Fred's back, trying to pull him back to the present.

"Any word yet?" I asked him. He didn't say anything, he just shook his head. I moved to hug him from behind, resting my hands on the middle of his chest. "Tomorrow's Christmas, He's probably just trying to make a dramatic entrance," I said. His hand covered over mine and he gave them a gentle pat as he fiddled with something on the counter.

"Think someone needs to use a little less egg, and a little more nog," He said as he clicked his lips together to get the full taste before pinching his tongue. "A bit shelly too."

I moved to give him a quick side hug when I felt something long and hard in his pocket. I knew it wasn't my first instinct, because this was squared. "Is that my Christmas gift or are you happy to see me?" I whispered to him.

"Perhaps... Too bad Christmas isn't till tomorrow," He said as he turned on his heels. I leapt onto his back, which he seemed to be expecting as he turned and caught me instantly. I kept trying to make a go for his pocket, but every time I'd get near, he would poke my extremely ticklish side. "Come on Potter, it's for tomorrow!" He yelled. Around the room I heard giggling, but I focused my attention on Fred and his pocket.

"One sickle says Sirius see's and blames Fred," George said to someone.

"Oh, you're going to fight me now? That's just not fair," Fred said as I tried to hit his arm that was holding me up.

"Weasley!" Sirius said as he entered the kitchen. In his shock Fred quite literally dropped me, causing the air to be knocked out of my body before I began laughing so hard, I was nearly crying.

Fred quickly helped me to my feet as I dusted myself off and I kept laughing. "Oh bugger, this is why I love you," I said effortlessly in between my settling laughter as I glanced up at him. I wasn't really thinking about it. It just came out, like a habit. Like it was something I'd said every day. Like it was something I would say, every day. Fred's head looked back and forth between me and Sirius. "What?" I asked as I noticed there was a quiet in the room.

"To hell with it. Let him rip my throat out," Fred said as he placed his hands on my face and began covering it in kisses as he said "I love you too." I caught a glimpse of Sirius with Remus's hand on his shoulder, they didn't look bothered or like they were ready to yell at him. They both had smiles on their faces.

"Feels good doesn't it?" Minerva said to Sirius and Remus. I pulled away with a yelp and made my way to sit next to Sirius at the end of the table. "She's her own person, best to let her be."

"Yes please," I said.

The closest we had gotten to a Christmas dinner was the equivalent to a Sunday roast dinner. It wasn't a bother; the real celebration would be tomorrow once Mr. Weasley arrived. We'd dress in our holiday best and have a proper breakfast. Then we'd exchange gifts, have tea and biscuits in the sitting room. The works.

When everyone headed up to bed that night, I sat at my favorite window for a bit. The snow was falling once more, adding another layer to the earth. It was a different snow, it wasn't gentle, this one was more like small cotton swabs. Breaking into what was previously laid. I saw Cat outside, probably in need of a change of scenery. I would have been worried, but he had Crookshanks with him.

The Floo network wasn't as safe as it had been, so I couldn't leave that way. I did leave for about an hour last night after I'd cast a silencing charm on the room, though if anyone would have come into my room, it would have been a problem. I knew it wasn't necessarily fair that I wanted to leave, but if only for a few minutes it wouldn't cause any harm. As fast as the idea entered my head, it left, once I saw Cat come back inside. I went up to my room, I rolled my eyes and hopped in the middle of my bed when I saw wiggling underneath the fluffy sheets.

"You're not supposed to be in here, remember? Sirius won't like this" I said as I threw the blankets off of Fred as he caught a breath after the impact.

"Technically he said I'm not allowed to set a foot through your door. So, I apparated in," He said and got up to crack the curtain open a bit more than they already were. "I just want to wake up next to you on Christmas morning," He said and climbed back into bed. I bought a hand around and laced it into his hair, feeling how soft it was. His lips moved with mine until I pulled away and curled into his body. In those few moments just before I drifted, there was nowhere else I'd rather be.

***

"Morning," I heard faintly as my eyes fluttered.

I let out a little groan and sank further into my pillow. "Happy Christmas," I said. "What time is it?"

"Still early," He answered as he leaned in to press a kiss to my jaw. "I must say love, a bloke could get used to this," He said as he trailed kisses from my jaw, across my collar bone to my shoulder.

"Mmm, messy hair, and sleep still in my eyes?" I asked, as I raised a sleepy eyebrow to him.

"Absolutely," He said as he pressed a deeper kiss to my lips. "I just want to try one thing," he said and a moment later, moved lower and threw the covers over his head. Lower down I could feel him pull down my bottoms and my knickers as my body tensed.

I lifted the covers once I realized what he was up to down there and looked at him a bit in shock. "Freddie, I've never—" I said and looked him in his eyes.

"It's alright love, I think you'll like this part of your gift," He said as he gently nudged my knees apart holding eye contact. I gave him a nod and he began to pull the covers back over. "In case anyone should wander in, pretend I'm not here," He said, and I could feel the grin on his face as he placed a kiss on my knee.

I laid my head back in a feeble attempt to relax, with delicate precision, I felt his lips graze from my knees and work their way up my thigh where they planted another kiss. Already I felt the sensation building behind my belly button, and with the first stroke of his tongue against me I let out a tiny moan. I felt my hips twitch slightly, which he must have felt as well, because right after he placed a hand over my pelvis, right under my belly button, with his thumb resting at the base of my growing wet skin.

His thumb and tongue moved in tandem, my wetness grew more and more with his touch. I felt partly embarrassed but when he moaned quite literally into me, it sent chills up my spine. When he did it again, I knew it was exactly what he wanted. Trading places, his tongue started to lap all over my folds as he slid two fingers inside me, allowing them to curve and the other hand was used to send tingles up my thigh.

"You're so wet for me, love. You taste magnificent," I heard his muffled voice say as he pulled his lips away with a juicy smack before resuming. I let out a moan but tried my best to disguise it as a sigh as I gripped onto the covers at my chest tighter. When he began sucking on my skin, I had to physically bite down on my bottom lip to keep myself from letting him know what was about to happen. I felt the release of my orgasm begin as I let out another sighing breath.

"Good morning! Happy Christmas!" Ginny said as she burst through the bedroom door causing me to freeze. Sirius and Remus stayed at the doorway while she sat at the edge of my bed. "We're getting ready, then heading down for breakfast. The boys are cooking while the ladies watch and relax," She said, but I didn't know how to tell her I was perfectly relaxed a moment ago.

"Well a lady knocks. And you two, what if I was still asleep, or indisposed?" I said trying to mellow my voice as much as possible to not let the end of my orgasm be known.

"Alright, alright you grouch. We'll give you a moment," Ginny said as she climbed out of my bed and made her way out. Once Remus and Sirius had walked away, she turned to look back at me and pointed at the sheets. "Is this one of your gifts?" She asked, to which I nodded, and Fred let out an "Mhmm" against my skin. An awkward smile crept over her face but gave me a thumbs up "Gross. But proud of you!" She said quickly and shut the door.

Fred popped his head up out of the covers with a clueless grin on his face as he took in a breath of fresh air. "That was close, too close" I told him.

"I wouldn't call it close. From where I was, I'd call it the finish line," He said and whipped the moisture from his chin with his hand.

"You're impossible," I said with a shy grin on my face.

"I can assure you darling, I'm very possible," He said and moved closer to kiss me desperately.

***

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were in high spirits as was everyone else with his return. The only damper on the day was that Percy still had not visited. To make matters worse, he had sent back his Christmas jumper, without a note or a single word towards his family. Fred and George were livid to say the least.

I tried to put myself in Percy's position. One where I'd cast aside my family for my career. The same shoes that would be cold enough to send back a hand made with love and magic in every stitch gift to a family that was only trying to make amends for a choice I had made. A family like the Weasley's, that took so many in. But I couldn't, nor did I want to.

Mrs. Weasley had given Harry and I each a new scarf. I gave her a new set of knitting needles, Mr. Weasley received a clickable muggle pen, that he spent nearly fifteen minutes clicking, and a green rubber duck. New chess pieces for Ron, a first edition Alice in Wonderland for Hermione, and new quidditch padding for Ginny. For George, I gave him a copy of Macbeth and Taming the Shrew. For Fred, I gave him two records that I'd asked Harry to pick up for me when he went shopping with the boys. Fred and George loved the muggle rock music and jumped around like a fish out of water when they listened to it. A lot of the music lived up to Sirius and Remus's taste so that was a bonus. And for the pair, I gave them a photo album I'd asked Minerva for help to put together.

"So, you asked your cat for permission to put a collar on him?" Ron asked as we spread out in the sitting room.

"He may be a Familiar, but the choice is his," I opened up the box for him, and waited until he sat up straight with his neck exposed. An invitation that he was okay with it. I'd taken the coin off of Cedric's necklace and attached it to the buckle Sirius had given me. It was a perfect fit, and a perfect gift.

"The choice I understand. But why did you wrap it?" Charlie asked.

I looked at him a bit dumbfounded, not understanding why one would make sense but not the other. "Everyone deserves a present at Christmas," I said.

I felt Minerva, who was sitting behind me, place a hand on the back of my head. "I believe that's all of them," she said.

Everyone began chatting, playing games, telling stories. Hermione had put on a Christmas record that I recognized. The fire warmed the room, as the snow poured another layer onto the earth outside. Untouched by the sun shining on the children playing in the street.

I had a blanket draped around my shoulder and I was taking a sip of my hot coco when I felt a box slide onto my knee. I looked over to see Fred with a suspicious smile on his face.

"What's this?" I asked as I set my mug down and grabbed the box that was terribly wrapped.

"What you were so keen on fighting me over last night," He said.

"You didn't have to get me anything," I told him as I placed it on the coffee table and turned to look at him.

"Part of the job description. Besides, it technically didn't cost me anything," He said as he nudged it closer to me.

"Well I can certainly tell that the wrapping is yours," I said sarcastically.

"Just open it," He said, not appreciating my remarks.

I opened the little box and inside found a little piece of wood with a tiny hole in it and a charm hoop placed through. It looked like it might belong on a charm bracelet, or on a necklace. Only the actual bracelet or the necklace chain were both missing. Not to mention I didn't know what it really was. "You shouldn't have?" I asked him with a questioning look.

He reached behind my neck and unclasped the chain that used to have Cedric's coin on it then proceeded to loop his charm through. "It's one of the pine cone pieces from the handle of my wand. I had Mr. Ollivander do the modification for me. I know it's not shiny or flashy, but you've never really been the type for that. This way, some of my magic will always be with you," He said barely batting an eyelash.

I felt my heart stop beating. He'd been so upset that I was back to wearing it. So much so that I turned it into a necklace for my cat while I wore the concealable chain. But here he was. Okay with me carrying both of them with me. Here he was, giving me a little piece of his magic. I felt my insides warm in a way that I could only compare to the warming feeling of drinking whiskey, only without the burn. I felt like it was a moment like this where I knew, if I never had another vision of our future together, it would be okay. Because I knew that I loved him, and that was enough.

I looked up at him in bliss. "Thank you, It's perfect" I whispered and wrapped an arm around his neck as I pulled him in for a hug. "You get me," I whispered into his ear.

***

With Mr. Weasley in better health, Dumbledore asked for a meeting of The Order. Some of the members were a bit skeptical seeing as it had only been two days since his release from the hospital. Though Mr. Weasley insisted he agreed with Dumbledore that it was necessary. Dumbledore wasn't in attendance; he'd sent Minerva and Snape in his place.

I sat as far from Snape as possible, feeling the awkward tension as soon as he stepped in the room. Across from me, Sirius helped, occasionally rolling his eyes, or making a face whenever he would speak. I wondered if he knew the truth. If any of them had known the truth. If my parents had known the full truth.

I zoned out during most of the meeting, not being able to keep my mind on anything for too long. The image of Snape's memories playing over again in my head. The thought of how easy it had been for Voldemort to get to Harry. Why was I the one that had an easy time keeping others out of my head. I knew it was the dark magic, but why had I gotten it while Harry didn't. What did Voldemort want that Mr. Weasley had access to?

They're speaking to us...

"Are we boring you Ms.Potter?" I heard Snape's voice that pulled me out of my trance.

"Hmm what?" I asked quietly. I looked at Mad Eye's mechanical eye zooming into me, examining me.

He's still upset...

His whole life he's upset...

Snape let out a scoff and rolled his very human eyes. "Perhaps it's best you run along and let the grown-up's sort things out," He said sourly.

"Ease off Snivellus. Who wouldn't dose off with your going on and on," Sirius said defensively.

"I was actually thinking about what it was that only Mr. Weasley had access to? If everyone takes a turn doing watch, why did he wait for that night to send the snake in? And why broadcast it to Harry?" I said unphased by his banter.

"It's the Department of Mysteries, only those with proper classification are allowed in. Clearly, you're not paying enough attention," Snape said, turning the gears at my irritation.

"I never said that, you did," I said a bit more aggressively.

"Why anyone thinks you're fit to care for that brother of yours, is beyond me honestly," He said.

"You stay out of that," Sirius said. Remus placed a hand on his shoulder trying to calm him down and ease the tensions in the room.

"Let's just all take a break, and calm down," Remus said exhaustedly. The last full moon had taken a toll on him and the effects were still visible.

"I am here because first of all, clearly there's something I'm capable of doing at my young age that you aren't," I said as I placed both my hands flat on the table, raised to my feet and shifted my eyes to tap into the voices.

Outside the door...

"Second of all, I'm able to tell you there's about six ears pressed up against the other side of the door, that not one of you bothered placing a silencing charm over" I said and looked at the door, forcing it open to reveal everyone on the other side.

"And third, I'm here because whether you like it or not, you need me here. Just as you need me to put an end to all of this. Why else would this be happening!" I said and pointed to my eyes.

"That's enough!" Madeye said looking between the both of us.

"You're done here Ms. Potter," Snape said sternly.

"So, is that it then?" I asked with a laugh, feeling the familiar pushing sensation in my eyes of the voices wanting to take over as I kept pushing them back. I looked at Minerva who gave me a sympathetic look and tilted her head toward the now empty doorway, signaling it was indeed time for me to leave. I loudly pushed my chair in and turned for the door. I hesitated for a moment as I wondered what ground he had to stand on.

"You're the one that gave up on me," I whispered.

"What?" Snape snapped loudly.

"I said it was you who gave up on me! You knew what I could do. Wha-what was happening to me, and yet you waited so long to do something about it. Why?" I asked clearly and angrily.

"To make you strong. Look at yourself, You were weak, and emotional. And now, now you don't need anyone. That means It worked," He said still in the same voice which only irritated me further.

"That's a shit excuse. You're a coward, I mean, no wonder they- sh- couldn't stand you," I said softly as I began walking away.

"You will hold your tongue! Have you failed so much you couldn't teach this girl any manners Minerva?" Snape said. I turned around instantly, and all the chairs that seated attendees went back sliding to the walls where they were nearest.

"No, you don't speak to her that way!" I shouted and made my way to him as everyone remained unmoved. "You could have done something sooner! Instead of letting them get hurt! I could've helped them! You didn't help! And then you gave up on me, you never even told me why," I said about a foot away from him no longer caring that there was anyone else in the room.

"I can't move," Tonks said from her position in the room.

"What's happening?" Bill asked.

"That's why," Snape said calmly and gestured to the room. I looked around and saw that everyone was just about in a full body bind, unable to move from the neck down. Even MadEye, the most experienced Auror of the lot. "Congratulations," Snape said, pulling my attention back as I stepped away from him. "You've finally found control."

I let out a sigh and focused on releasing everyone with the counter jinx, which seemed to do the trick. I looked to snape once more seeing the coward he must have been to be so fixated on my mother, it was all he saw when he looked at me. It was all he had ever seen, since he left me in Godric's Hollow that night, fourteen years ago. To know the fate that was planned out for us.

"Not to sound ungrateful, but I hope this," I said gesturing a hand in front of me, stopping at my face for a fraction of a second. "Haunts you, for the rest of your life," I said in a shaking voice.

"It already does," He answered softly.

I looked up at his face once more hoping this would be the last time I spoke with him outside of school. "You disgust me," I said, taking another step away from him, as I conjured in everyone's chair back to their previous locations. Then I disapparated away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 3.9K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
1.3M 38.9K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
11.5K 336 21
Book Three ---------------- Power Prophecy Series ---------------- Rose's life has been turned upside down. Whatever had happened to her and Harry in...
789K 14.2K 67
Y/N Lupin had been friends with the Weasleys since first year, they were inseparable. Ever since her parents and older brother, Carter, died in a tra...