The other Barnes

By pheonixrose1313

Bucky is the oldest of 5 siblings. his younger sister, Emily is a year younger than him. She disappeared a mo... More

Crash landing.
May 1, 1941
The Barnes girl
June 12, 1941
wounds
October 13, 1945
Memories.
November 3rd, 1945
Reasoning
The brother
Burn
admittance
part 14
beg for me (smut)
noise complaints
River
November 6, 1945
the storm.
No air
sapphires and chains.
blessings
Blue.
Breathe
Perfect fit.
Rogers Wedding
Barnes residence.
beach house.
Dizzy
Refusal
apologize.
vibrations.
The perfect man.
mistake
heartbreak
reminicsing in grief.
Revenge and jealousy.
Picture frames.
Leaving.
rush.
heroes
The walk
Trigger
winter
reaction.
Bucky
Missing you.
Germany
clueless.
Surprise?
Love and War
Concerns and wings
Shock
Bad dreams
Outage.
Children
Baby Rogers
NOT A CHAPTER
Later
New story!
Read this!

December 31 1940

34.3K 607 167
By pheonixrose1313

6 months before the program

A short red head leaned against a wall outside the recruiting center. She wore a US army ribbon in her hair, a tribute to her brother James. A skinny blonde boy left the center with his head hung.

   "Why do you want to die so bad." She sighed, placing an arm around his.

He jumped.

   "Em, it's not that simple. I want to serve. Like Bucky." He said

Emily rolled her eyes.

"And if my brother jumped off the Brooklyn bridge, would you?" She asked, exasperated "Steve, you gotta use your head. Besides, what's so bad about staying here with me?"

She smiled sweetly. Her face was bare, not a trace of makeup in sight. So innocent. So pure looking. Steve shook his head. If anyone, especially Bucky knew the thoughts this girl made him have, he'd be a dead man.

"Emily Barnes. Are you flirting with me?" He teased.

She blushed before pulling him into a nearby alley.

"No. Steve Rogers." She teased back "If I wanted you in that way I'd just do this."

She stood on her toes, that's all she needed was a small lift seeing as she and Steve were of similar height, threw her arms around his neck and kissed him.

"Now wouldn't I?" She asked as she pulled away.

Steve stood there, stunned.

"You are the most forward woman I have ever met." He laughed awkwardly

She winked at him.

"Its a family trait." She joked.

They heard a voice. A familiar one.

"Steve? I heard you were down town. Where are you."

Emily gasped and took off her shoe, snapping the heel.

   "Here!" She called out from the alley, hopping on one foot.

"What are you two doing?" Bucky asked as he rounded the corner.

Steve caught on quickly.

"Her shoe broke so we got off the main street." He lied.

Bucky's face relaxed.

"Clumsy girl. Come here." He said, picking his little sister up. "You coming Steve? You're invited to dinner at ours."

Steve smiled, running after them.

A/N: The first few chapters are gonna bounce between modern day and the past.  I'll indicate which is which at the top of the page.

DO NOT  COMMENT TO TELL ME YOUVE CHANGED THE FMC'S NAME "IN YOUR HEAD" THIS ISNT A Y/N STORY...THERES THOUSANDS OF THSOE. WANT TO FANTASIZE? GO SEARCH FOR ONE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 172 31
Virginia "Ginny" Barnes is the little sister of James "Bucky" Barnes. She never really fit in anywhere so she spent most of her time with her older b...
89.6K 1.7K 37
Yn Rogers is the 27 year old daughter of Steve Rogers but has always hiden from the others. only Bucky knows about her. shes also a super soldier but...
24.8K 994 35
For a moment, just a moment, I thought my life would be normal. Though, when your older brother is an Avenger.. I guess that would never really be t...
108 13 10
ISOLOPHILIA (n.) strong affection for solitude/ being alone. ==•== After Tony Starks death, along with her close friend Natasha's death, she feels l...