Love Is Hard

By eniola_writes

"why can't you just stop pushing me?" I asked him. I was damn fraustated , leading me on and then pushing me... More

Author's note
cast
💔1💔
💔2💔
💔3💔
💔4💔
💔5💔
💔6💔
💔7💔
💔8💔
💔9💔
💔10💔 (1st heartbreak.)
💔11💔
💔12💔
💔13💔
💔14💔
💔15💔
💔16💔
💔17💔
💔18💔
💔💔19
💔20💔
💔21💔
💔22💔
💔23💔
💔24💔
💔25💔
💔26💔
💔27💔
💔28💔
💔29💔
💔30💔
💔31💔
💔32💔
💔33💔
💔34💔
💔35💔
💔36💔
💔37💔
💔38💔
💔39💔
💔40💔
41
42
💔43💔
💔44💔
💔45💔
💔46💔
💔47💔
💔48💔
💔49💔
💔50💔
AUTHOR'S NOTE
💔51💔
💔52💔
💔53💔
💔54💔
💔55💔
💔56💔
💔57💔
💔58💔 {end of part I}
author's / appreciation's note
prologue 2
💔59💔
💔60💔
💔62💔
💔63💔
💔64💔
💔65💔
💔66💔
💔67💔
💔68💔
ANNOUNCEMENT

💔61💔

833 229 0
By eniola_writes

 it is a double update!

how is everyone doing?

this part ii chapters won't be too long, 

read on,

CHAPTER 61

MERCY'S POV

"bye mum, really stop crying."

I said with a grin, giving her another walk before finally walking away to the check in point. Mum, really, when you are there together they won't get all sentimental but when one is leaving they start becoming emotional.

I smiled and collected my passport from the beautiful lady who was stretching it out to me.

I walked to the airplane and took a seat in the business class. Not even more than five minutes later, someone took the seat beside me. I turned and met a very handsome boy of about my age or even younger sitting down there with earphones placed over his heads. He had long eyelashes and very smooth skin, his afro was also skillfully cut and was really long making his face look cute.

He turned to me only to meet me staring, I groaned inwardly before waving,

"hi."

I said with a smile, trying to change how the situation looked, the boy smiled back actually and removed the earphones from his ears,

"hey."

He said back,

"I thought since we were going to seat together for hours, we should at least greet one another."

"sure, I am Luke."

He said,

"Mercy."

I said back and shifted back hoping the awkward situations will end there but no, this guy had another plan.

"so why are you going?"

"school."

"me too, I am resuming next month. I can't believe it."

He said with a grin. I knew it, he was younger.

"what are you studying?"

I asked back since he was really easy to talk to. I kind of felt like he was hoping for someone to call him in the first place because he just talked so freely. I am not complaining though.

"medicine."

"really? My elder sister too is studying or more like studied that."

"wow."

"yeah, wow."

"Mercy, what are you studying?"

"photography."

I said back,

"that is cool."

"thanks."

I said back warmly.

"get ready, we are about to take off. Wear your seatbelts."

A voice said and we all followed the instructions; I could notice Luke becoming tense all of a sudden.

I placed my hands on his tapping it softly. That was something my mum used to do for me before because I also sed to be scared of takeoff but I guess now I am fine with it.

"thanks."

He said slowly opening his eyes and looking at our hands, once we were stable again I removed my hands and brought them back to my side.

"thanks again. My sister used to do that for me but she's not here."

"it is no problem."

"are you dating someone?"

Immediately I heard that question, I turned away from the movie and to him with a raised eyebrow.

"just asking really."

"yeah I am in one."

"wow, your boyfriend is really lucky then."

I grinned at him,

"what about you?"

"I broke up with mine, the distance and she wanted to be free when she enters so I just had to let her go."

He said his voice taking a 360 degree turn, from the excited one to a very sad one. I could tell he felt bad about it. I cannot even imagine how I would have felt if Hakeem decided to end it before he left because of distance.

"it is going to be fine."

"yeah, thanks, can I have your number?"

"sure Luke."

I said typing the digits but stopped realizing I can't use this phone number,

"I have not gotten my new sim or how should I say this, the one I would start using."

"true. Then what about a social media handle."

"okay check Facebook, Mer cee."

"thanks. I will add you up once we get down... do you like movies?"

Okay he likes talking.....

....*....

I walked, my suitcase behind me as I dragged it, everywhere felt different as usual, the air, the atmosphere everything. I looked left and right and the whole airport was filled with lots of foreigners. I sighed, how would I find Lim easily? And yeah, Lim not Hakeem, I want to surprise him. I cannot even picture his reaction, I am sure he would be so surprised. How the hell would I find Lim?

"I cannot believe we are here already."

Luke said from beside me, yeah we are still together. He is looking for his sister and I am looking for Halima so we just decided to stay together.

My eyes caught two ladies, one looked really familiar, what am I saying, it was Halima.

"Halima!"

I screamed chuckling, she turned to me and her expression was even worse than mine, she ran to my side, hugging me once she got closer.

"Anu!"

A familiar voice called out too and not just familiar, the voice I have been listening too for the last how many hours. I peeped and watched him run, hugging the girl who was standing beside Halima. Do they know each other? And that name was ringing in my head. I have heard it before.

Anu...Anu... Anu... yes! Hakeem's friend.

Halima pulled back and held my cheeks.

"I cannot believe you are here Mercy. Hakeem is going to be really happy."

I chuckled at was she said. I was actually getting nervous to see him, it was like I should be there now now.

"where are my manners? Mercy meet Anu Hakeem's and I friend, Anu meet Mercy Hakeem's babe that you never stop talking about."

I grinned and pulled a stand of braid back, the girl was smoking hot and beautiful. She had a tiny waist and broad hips but she still is not a fat person. She is a perfect example of figure eight.

"hey, I have been hearing nonstop about you."

She said giving me a hug which I returned of course.

"fate at work."

Luke chirped in making everyone turn to him,

"oh, I forgot, Halima meet Luke my brother, Mer..."

"no, we know each other."

Luke nodded in confirmation to what I said making the two ladies confused. Please did I add that Halima also looked smoking hot, well she does look smoking hot.

"we sat together in the plane."

I explained.

"oh.."

They both said, even though I was older than Luke he was taller, he even placed his hands across my shoulder as we walked, this boy is just too friendly or maybe it is just with me because his sister looked surprised.

Everyone talked and gisted as we drove home but my heart it was beating faster than normal and for some reasons, I was scared.

will something happen?

or

more like will she find something?

what do you think about Luke and Anu?

thanks for reading,

love y'all and stay safe

share to friends,

Eniola 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.7K 17.6K 50
"Didn't you just ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked. He flashed a smile and replied, "Yes, I did!" "Then, what are you doing with that paper and...
9.4K 1.9K 46
"Roses are dead, violets are dying; outside I'm smiling but inside I'm crying" "Conceal, don't feel, put on a show Make one wrong move and everyone w...
34.6K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
81K 12.4K 65
Her face disfigured with wounds, Monica look up at Daniel panting heavily! She knew she can't do this anymore and it has to stop "Monica look at me!"...