Tragedy ✧ John Murphy

By SuperWalkingThrones

Julia Blake wasn't supposed to be born. Ninety-seven years ago there was a nuclear apocalypse on Earth. All... More

• Act 1 •
• Prologue •
• Chapter 1 •
• Chapter 2 •
• Chapter 3 •
• Chapter 4 •
• Chapter 5 •
• Chapter 6 •
• Chapter 7 •
• Chapter 9 •
• Chapter 10 •
• Chapter 11 •
• Chapter 12 •
• Chapter 13 •
• Chapter 14 •
• Chapter 15 •
• Chapter 16 •
• Chapter 17 •
• Chapter 18 •
• Chapter 19 •
• Chapter 20 •
• Chapter 21 •
• Chapter 22 •
• Chapter 23 •
• Chapter 24 •
• Chapter 25 •
• Chapter 26 •
• Act 2 •
• Chapter 27 •
• Chapter 28 •
• Chapter 29 •
• Chapter 30 •
• Chapter 31 •
• Chapter 32 •
• Chapter 33 •

• Chapter 8 •

3.2K 91 11
By SuperWalkingThrones

Third Person's POV

Murphy was angry. He was in the front of the crowd gathered in front of the main tent, where Clarke, Finn, Bellamy, and Charlotte were all talking.

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!" Murphy shouted, pacing in front of the group. Julia stood in front of the crowd, but behind where Murphy was standing. She chewed her lip nervously as she watched her fuming friend.

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy shouted louder, but nothing happened. "You want to build a society, Princess? Let's build a society. Bring her out."

It was another few moments before Bellamy exited the tent alone. "Well, well, well. Look who decided to join us." Murphy spoke, walking up to meet him halfway.

"Dial it down and back off." Bellamy ordered, but Murphy didn't back down. "Or what? What are you gonna do about me? Hang me?"

"I was just giving the people what they wanted." Bellamy explained and Murphy nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, that's a good idea. Why don't we do that right now?"

Murphy turned to the crowd. "So, who here wants to see the real murderer hung up? All in favour?" Murphy raised his hand and waited to see what the crowd would do.

Only his group of friends and followers raised their hands. Murphy looked around before locking eyes with Julia, whose hands were most definitely not in the air.

"I see. So, it's okay to string me up for nothing, but when this little bitch confesses, you all let her walk? Cowards! All of you are cowards!" Murphy shouted at the crowd.

"Hey, Murphy! Murphy!" Bellamy exclaimed, grabbing his attention again. "It's over." He told him. "Whatever you say, boss." Murphy seemed to back off.

Bellamy turned to walk back to his tent and when he did so, Murphy quickly grabbed a log off the ground before whacking Bellamy over the head with it.

Bellamy crumpled to the ground as Julia flinched. She felt absolutely betrayed and infuriated at her brother's actions, but she still never wanted to see him hurt.

"Son of a bitch! Hey!" Octavia tried to lunge towards Murphy, but Jasper held her back. Then, Murphy turned and punched Jasper, knocking him to the floor.

"Come on. Let's get the girl." Murphy spoke to his followers that raised their hands. He walked over to the tent and looked inside to find it empty.

"Charlotte! Charlotte, I know you can hear me! And when I find you, you are gonna pay!" Murphy shouted loudly.

"First, you're coming with me." Julia spoke up as she walked over and grabbed Murphy's arm, pulling him a little bit away from the group for a little privacy.

When they stopped, Julia spoke up. "Murphy, I didn't agree with them hanging you. And if going after Charlotte is what you feel you have to do, I can't stop you. But I don't agree with hurting anyone – let alone a child –, so I can't be part of this."

She knew, chances were, that this would anger Murphy. That it might make him feel betrayed. But Julia knew that hurting a child was a line she could never cross.

To her surprise, instead of getting angry, Murphy pulled her into a hug. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders tightly and buried his face in her hair.

After a moment, Julia wrapped her arms around his back and laid her head against his chest. He was dirty and bloody, but it didn't bother Julia at all.

"When Clarke accused me, everyone else turned on me. But not you. You were the only one who believed me. Thank you, Jules." Murphy murmured after a few moments of just being in each other's arms.

Julia loosened her grip on him slightly so she could pull back to be able to look up at him.

"You were there for me at a time when no one else was, Murphy. I was new in the Sky Box and I was scared and you stood up for me. You were there for me, I'm always going to be there for you." Julia spoke seriously, looking up in his eyes. Then she cracked a smile.

"Whether you like it or not, you're stuck with me." Julia joked and expected Murphy to crack a smile too.

What she didn't expect was the level of intensity Murphy was gazing in her eyes with. It made her breath catch in her throat. 

"I'm okay with that." Murphy responded and Julia didn't know what to do. No one had ever looked at her like that before. She just kind of froze.

Then his gaze flicked down to her lips. Murphy moved one of his hands to her cheek and moved the other one to her waist. Then he started leaning in. Julia was still frozen, unsure of how to react as this had never happened to her before.

After what seemed like an eternity, Murphy's lips reached hers and they melted together. Julia's eyes closed as she leaned into the kiss. She expected her first kiss to be clumsy or awkward, but somehow it wasn't.

The kiss wasn't the kind she would've expected from someone like Murphy, especially at a time when he was so fired up and angry. It was soft and gentle. And although it didn't last very long, it was perfect.

When Murphy pulled away a few moments later, Julia just stared at him. She couldn't believe that had just happened.

"I'll see you later." Murphy said before walking away to go join his mob again, leaving Julia just standing there in shock. She just stared at his retreating figure.

"What the hell just happened?" Julia muttered to herself a few seconds later before awkwardly walking away, back to her tent.

~~~

It was late at night when everyone returned to camp. Julia had been worrying ever since the mob left. She really hoped Murphy didn't find Charlotte. She didn't know what she'd do if she found out Murphy had actually killed or even hurt a young girl, regardless of the crime she committed.

She searched the returning people, but didn't see Murphy. Her worry quickly increased as her gaze landed on her brother. The look on his face spoke volumes. It was a mixture of grief and rage.

Julia ran over to him. "Bellamy, what happened? Where's Murphy?" She questioned. Pissed was an understatement for how she felt towards her brother at the moment, but she needed to find out what happened.

"Charlotte's dead." Bellamy answered darkly and Julia stepped back in shock. "Oh, god." She muttered. She felt sick.

"Was it Murphy? Where is he?" Julia looked back up at her brother. "Charlotte jumped off a cliff to appease Murphy's vengeance. So he might not have killed her directly, but it is his fault that she is dead." Bellamy answered and she could hear the hatred and rage in his voice.

Julia ran her hand over her face as she tried to stop the tears that were threatening to run down her cheeks. "Di-Did you kill him? Is M-Murphy dead?" Julia stuttered. She knew her brother and knew his rage would've made him likely to kill Murphy for what he did.

"I wanted to. And believe me, I was going to. But Clarke decided that banishing him was a better option. Better than that son-of-a-bitch deserved." Bellamy told her and Julia took in this new information with both relief and horror.

"You mean he's out there by himself?" Julia spoke before trying to rush past Bellamy towards the camp entrance. She couldn't let him be out there by himself. He was her best friend and she promised that she would always be there for him.

Julia hardly made it three steps before Bellamy grabbed her wrist. Julia looked down at her wrist in shock as his grip was actually hurting her a little bit.

Bellamy had never hurt her before and Julia wasn't sure he even meant to now, but he was probably just about as angry at her as she was at him.

He couldn't believe that even after everything he just told her, she still was on Murphy's side, that she was still trying to protect him.

"You are not going anywhere. I will not let you leave this camp to go after Murphy. In fact, from here on out, you are not leaving the camp at all." Bellamy ordered her and Julia knew better than disobey him right now with everyone around. If she wanted to leave then she'd have to do it without his knowledge.

So she just roughly pulled her wrist away from his grip and walked past him back towards the main area of the camp. She made sure to hit him with her shoulder as she passed him.

"Yes, sir." She said sarcastically as she hit him. Bellamy took a deep breath, trying to calm his anger, before turning and following her back to the camp.

~~~

Soon, Bellamy and Clarke gathered all of the people at the camp. They explained what had happened.

"That's why we've decided to banish him." Clarke finished off the explanation. "Anybody got a problem with that?" Bellamy challenged and looked around the group before looking over at his youngest sister.

Julia was standing with her arms crossed as she glowered at him. But she didn't speak up as Bellamy already knew she had a problem with it.

The crowd dispersed soon after, but Julia didn't move as she continued glowering at her brother. She told Murphy that she would always be there for him and she didn't plan to break that promise anytime soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 6K 55
"You say that you have a whole hell of problems, but you underestimate the hell I've been through," I murmur, as he tilts his head downwards towards...
7.8K 312 11
❝𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞? 𝐎𝐡, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧.❞ __________________ ׂׂૢ...
95.2K 1.6K 17
Aaliyah Stark. She was the youngest kid who got locked up on the ark at the age of 10. But she was innocent. All she did was wait for her death. Now...
131K 2.4K 49
Katherine Kane was born on the Ark, a space station that was home to the last surviving members of the human race. Being the trouble-making kid of Ma...