Night Disease

Da kipekipe

UNDERGOING EDITS/COMPLETED A day can change your life in an instant, just like one decision can change the pa... Altro

Author note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 59

113 8 1
Da kipekipe

People are staring, why are they staring? It doesn't matter I can't stop them from staring I can just walk, Enya is waiting. Yeah, that sounds like a plan. Continuing on my mindless walking to Enya's classroom people move out of my way never once does someone step in my path.

Why are they moving out of my path?

Is that fear in their eyes?

Why do I care? I don't my mind is quiet that's all that matters.

The tension leaves my muscles when I spot Enya, Diana and her sitting on a couch with a book. Enya's head tilts up catching me at the door. She jumps off the couch shocking Diana before she sees me. I bend down catching Enya in a hug she shakes in my arms her head hidden in my shoulder.

Tilting my head down to hers I whisper in her ear "Enya what's wrong?"

She pulls away keeping her arms around my neck "people are talking about you. Someone found out you are a vampire and now everyone knows. They are threatening to hurt you." She cries hiding her head on my shoulder again.

I hold her tighter to my chest as I stand. Diana watches me as I walk with Enya to the couch. Gently sitting down I place Enya in my lap keeping her close. "What have they been saying?" I ask Diana brushing Enya's hair with my fingers.

Diana sighs moving to a more comfortable position. "Some are skeptical believing people are saying that to cause a disturbance now that the killers are gone. Most of the humans believe it though especially after your change." 

Tilting my head to her I raise an eyebrow "change?"

"You look different, older."

Pretending to be surprised I shift in my seat. "Ohh that, yeah we don't know when it is going to stop or why it happens. I grow older looking sometimes when I die only by a few years that's why some people thought I was 19, not 17. How old do I look now?"

Diana's eyes squint as she looks me over "no older than 21."

I nod looking at Enya "we should probably go the weather outside is nice today."

Diana nods waving as I get up Enya is still in my arms. I feel much more relaxed now that Enya is with me, the killers may be gone but we never know what will happen. People watch me as I walk by moving out of my way. Their eyes locked on Enya's relaxed form sitting comfortably in my arms. Worry and fear, defiantly fear all over their faces as they watch me.

Enya wiggles when we get close to the door leading outside. Gently I place her feet onto the floor worry shooting down my spine as she shoots off outside. Chasing after her my hands fisted in tense fists. I relax once I am outside Enya in my sights.

She squeals as the wet grass soaks her knees when she trips. I sigh remembering to smile. The adults watch as the two of us make our way to our normal playground. When we step foot onto the wet sand the parents and guardians call their kids over leaving us alone. Enya pouts playfully but I spot the sadness in her eyes.

"What game do you want to play?" I ask bumping my arm with hers.

She grins dropping down onto her knees. "Let's build a sculpture," she giggles clapping her hands excitedly as I sit beside her.

Minutes turn to hours as we work attempting to perfect our sculpture. "Kaindra come on just one little bit of magic, please," Enya begs to rub her hands together to clear off some sand.

"No Enya we can not use our abilities here remember." I scold "use your hands it's good to practise, we can't use magic to solve everything."

She grumbles but listens anyway. Soon a sand sculpture emerges looking like a model of the base. Dragging Enya to her feet I dust off the sand on my pants "come on let's go clean up before dinner." Enya cheers running ahead of me.

I stand in front of a mirror as Enya finishes up her shower. I do look older, don't I? My body is more filled-out matured, and my face is not as soft looking but now more defined reminding me of my mother. My mother, shaking my head clear it of those thoughts. Quite just how I like it.

A woman walks in with her daughter at her arm. I smile at the two, the girl smiles back waving. The mother pulls on her arm dragging her farther away from me "no honey that girl is not natural." My smile drops at the woman's whispered words turning away from them.

Enya hops out of her shower fully dressed her dirty clothes hanging on her arm. "Can you dry my air Kaindra?" I look from her to the woman as she watches me well she puts her stuff in a dry bag.

Leading Enya to one of the hairdryers I nod "of course Enya." I keep half an eye on the woman well I dry Enya's hair.

She bounces in place grinning widely and waving once she spots the other little girl. She jumps saying a quick thank you as she goes over to the little girl. The woman makes an annoying sound in the back of her throat as Enya begins a wild conversation with the girl. Must be another girl she meets during school when the classes are mixed on fun days.

The woman scowls stomping over to me. "Stay away from us you monster we don't need your corrupt being infecting us." She hisses keeping her voice low so the kids don't hear.

Her words fly over me as the dark quiet in my mind doesn't stir. "Me a monster? I got rid of the murders a thank you would be appreciated."

The woman's scowl deepens "you don't deserve a thank you you are a monster a disease that needs to leave this place before more people die."

That hit a nerve, I have been called many things monster, menace, unnatural, evil, the demon I laughed at that one, beast, freak, monstrosity, night devil, and many more but never have I been called a disease something infected that needs to be cured and killed.

My eyes darken switching to my deep red "I need to leave." I laugh slowly walking towards her. "If I was not here you all would be dead from the murderers that once walked these halls. I don't think you would like that, would you? To be dead, I know I don't it's not a nice feeling. It's especially not nice knowing that I will outlive my family, but I don't need to worry about that now do I because my family is dead because of the murderers I had left. So if that is how you think that I am some kind of disease fine by me but remember that I have a family too and that I was once just like you but that all got taken away from me now I protect you. Let's go, Enya."

The two kids stand watching my interaction with the woman. The girl's eyes are wide locked on my red ones. Enya looks sadly at her friend before walking over to me. Taking a deep breath I push my vampire back into the dark recesses of my mind. The loud snarls and scratching are gone, and my mind is now quiet.

Enya and I open the door one step in the hall before the woman's voice screeches once again. "I don't care what you once were or that you lost your family we don't want a disease like you running around our halls."

I stop as the doors close behind me taking deep calming breaths. They don't need to appreciate what I do for them they just need to be safe. Why does that sound like a lie, am I lying to myself? No just reassuring myself that's all.

Words, words hurt more than any physical pain ever will. Jordan told me that so many times, I listened but words never hurt me no matter how many times I heard those words. I heard it in books and on TV more times than I could count always telling you 'words hurt more than any physical pain you could feel from someone else'. And yes words do hurt they hurt more than any cut or bruise ever will even when they scar as scars leave the memory of pain behind but words you carry with you forever. And that's all I have, forever, and forever is a very long time with words when you have no one to share these words with, no one to feel safe with.

But these words should not hurt they do not hurt. Why does it feel like I am still lying to myself? My mind once used to be quiet but now is so loud repeating the same words over and over again. Disease, this place is not safe with you here, why didn't you leave with the other monsters, why are you not dead, leave before you kill us all, disease, disease, disease. The words these people have been telling me for days. Has it been days or has it been weeks why can't I remember?

I do remember going to the Commander's office with Enya. Damon and Eric weren't with me this time. The Commander and I talked. Did I talk or did I just listen? I don't know my mind is not quiet anymore. The Commander told me something I know he did but I can't remember what only that it was important. I do remember he told me he was sorry and to be safe.

All I know now is that Enya and I left after saying goodbye to our friends. We are on the road and I don't know where to go.

Comment, vote, and share

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

727 93 29
In a world of supernaturals, I am something else. Ascension Day turned Average Joes into spell-casting savants, Plain Janes into glamorous vampires...
1.9K 683 62
(This story may be uncomfortable for people. Sorry :/) After an unknown virus started spreading worldwide and the dead began to not stay dead. People...
1K 120 38
The government has a secret, they are the cause of the apocalypse of the dead. They wanted a weapon, something that no one would be able to beat. The...
10.7K 812 23
Winter and her two sisters, Alyssa and Nalla, finally accept the true nature of the apocalypse. but only when a zombie attacks, and bites one of thei...