60-second Stories

By allenlau

My collection of ultra short stories. Each takes 60 seconds or less to read. Entirely written on my mobile ph... More

Three Gold Coins
17 Gold Coins

A Wise Man and an Arrogant Man

15.8K 530 133
By allenlau

A wise man and an arrogant man met in a party.

They chatted for over an hour. The arrogant man did most of the talking. He bragged about his money, the corporate empire he built, his wealthy of knowledge and all his other achievements.

"It was very nice meeting you, " the wise man said at the end of the party. "It seems like the two of us combined possess everything known to mankind."

"Really?" the arrogant man smiled.

"Yes. You seem to possess all the wealth in the world. You also seem to know everything except for one thing," said the wise man. "You just don't know you are such an unpleasant person. And I happen to know this."

---

Notes on "A wise man and an arrogant man":

The idea of this story is based on a story I heard when I was a tiny kid. I have no idea where the original story came from. Please post a comment if you have heard of a similar story before. I would love to know!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 52 7
I don't give a fuck if I get canceled, haters be haters and I don't care!!
511K 27.3K 32
The Agnihotri family. A very rich and influential family in the city. Jaiveer Agnihotri, the head of the family, is a very respected man in the socia...
46K 845 22
Aurora Rossi no one ever carried about her growing up except her mother her father really never wanted to have a girl so he ignored her so does her b...
Mobster By Candy

Short Story

13.8K 897 22
What will happen when a out going party girl path meets with the Don, who is her complete opposite. Kalila Green - A 23 year old who is outgoing an...