Lupus Heart | Wolf Duology Bo...

By AswanRush

Wolf Duology Book One I've been rejected, hated, and abused ever since I could remember; but never once loved... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - T W O

T W E N T Y - O N E

3.9K 150 10
By AswanRush

(Talon's P.O.V.)

I could hear the voices of my Father and Luca yelling, but they were heard by deaf ears.The only thing that I thought about was destroying Gregory, Connor, and the rogue Alpha. They hurt my family and now are threatening my pack too. Before I knew what was going on, I was pulled back by two of our Guardian Wolves who had been watching the door leading back outside.

"Alpha! Alpha Talon!" They gently gripped my arms until my breathing became calmer and my body relaxed entirely.

As the two stepped back from me, I took a moment to look at myself then down at Gregory. He was on his back, one arm curled around his ribs, and his other hand holding his bloody, broken nose. I hadn't even realized that I had touched Gregory, much less hurt him. Luca and my Father, Nicolai, hauled Gregory back up into the chair he had been sitting in before.

I felt both guilty and pleased with what I'd done to Gregory. Pleased for my chance at payback. But guilty because I didn't want to be like them in any way possible. If I could find a way to get the answers I wanted without killing or severely harming Gregory . . . then I'll do it.

The last thing I needed was having my mate fear me or backtracking on her healing process. Family and Pack were the most important things in my young life. They needed safety, love and protection.

"Alpha, there's something going on outside. I think the Patrol and some of the other Guardian Wolves found something that might be useful to you, Sir." Gabriel alerted me from his spot behind Adrian. Both wolves were seasonal Patrol and Guardian members in the pack.

Luca, Rose, and myself had grown up with Adrian and Gabriel. Even though they were about two years older. I followed Adrian outside and saw Patrol and Guardians standing around growling at something on the ground.

The air around me was thick and tense. The last thing I needed was more problems with rogue than I was already dealing with. My jaw ticked, the muscles in my neck, shoulders, back and arms flexed, my hands clenched by my sides as my wolf pushed through to the surface.

With what I did to Gregory, I don't need to lose control of my wolf completely. I know for sure that someone will most likely get seriously hurt or end up dead. I took a deep breath of the fresh air, letting the sunshine warm my body and make my wolf more comfortable. The woods were a wolf's natural home and brought out our most animalistic instincts.

"What's going on? How did this male wolf get past our boarders?" I protested angrily at my pack members.

"Patrol found him lurking in our boarders. They think he was looking for something or someone. He smells like an Alpha, we think." Adrian mentioned quickly as he roughly forced the man to his feet so I could look at him from head to toe.

As I stared him down, I noticed that his scent had a familiar undertone to it. "His scent is similar to when Brennan and Milo first each came here. Do you think they are all from the same previous pack? Or are they related family members?" Gabriel pointed out exactly what I was thinking.

There were many answers to that question. Many right and wrong ones. This man was either Milo's or Brennan's Father or old Alpha. From the older man's facial appearance, I could tell that he most likely was my pups former Alpha.

I really didn't want to bring them anywhere near this man, but I needed to know if they know who he is and how he got here. This could be a trap set up by Mason or that somehow something or someone brought the man to us.

"What's your name wolf?" Gabriel asked.

"Like I'm gonna tell you anything, fag!" The man sneered, spitting at Gabriel's feet.

Before Adrian could rip him into pieces, a small voice sounded off in the silence. "His name's Wyatt and he was our old Alpha. He was having a meeting with Alpha Mason and his Beta Connor, the day I escaped and got shot."

In the corner of my eye I noticed Milo standing by. He was nervously shifting his feet around while his hands toyed with the hem of his soft yellow shirt. Brennan appeared behind Milo and when his eyes locked on the trespasser, a low snarl formed from his chest and filled the air.

This is what I didn't want to happen. I discovered that my wolfs' instincts to protect our pups became much stronger as soon as we smelled the other Alpha.

I grabbed him by the throat and slammed him violently up against a tree behind us. "Where is Connor? He openly attacked my pups with the help from one of his pack members, Gregory. We have him locked up, and you will be too, if you don't give me the answers I want."

"Why don't we make some sort of trade . . . or agreement . . . if you will, on how we both will get what we want." Wyatt licked his lips as his eyes filled with a lust for power.

But I knew what he wanted. Wyatt wanted some half of my pack members, maybe all. If he thought that I was going to go along with this sick game of his, then he had another thing coming. This was my pack, my family, so if he wants to play a game then I'm gonna give him one.

0o0o0o0o0o0

The next day I met up with Adrian and Gabriel at our pack training grounds. They had Milo and Brennan standing with them as well as a few other pack members. Angel and Hanna were sitting under one of our large gazebos that was used for whoever wanted to watch the training or sparring that went on amongst the pack.

While Jamie played the with others pups in the pack, I noticed some of the other women bringing out food and drinks for a picnic with help from the men. This is what we needed. To spend an afternoon together as a family and pack before things got dangerous.

"We know it's not training day or anything, but Brennan came to us and asked if he and Milo could see us do some sparring. And maybe . . . with your permission Alpha . . . we could teach them some moves so they can better protect themselves." Adrian bows his head to me and then pushes my pups in front of me.

Milo looks sheepishly at me. "In our old pack, Wyatt never let any of the younger wolves train because he said that there was more important things to do. It was beneath him to do so."

Brennan gave Milo's hand a gentle squeeze and a soft smile before picking up where his mate paused. "He thought that it would be much easier for him and his family to get away during a rogue attack . . . the rest of the pack would be left to defend the territory. Since not very many of us knew how to fight, we wouldn't even stand a chance against them. It gave them an advantage to winning; leaving us to die alone without defences."

Looks like Wyatt knew a lot more than he was letting on about. What kind of an Alpha was he, that he would want to sacrifice his pack for? How could he just be willing to sit back and watch as innocent, defenseless young children, women and men are used as bait for rogue attacks.

"Then I'd be more than happy to prepare and train you, pups. Adrian and Gabriel can step in to help whenever I'm unable to attend. So, what do you say?" I grinned, winking at them.

"Can we start now? Maybe watch you guys first then Milo and I go next." Brennan's eyes lit up at the thought of them being included in a Pack event.

This was a good way to form pack bonds with one another. Just like being with your mate, it helps you and your wolf feel stronger and more alive. Always there for you when you need them the most.

"Okay. Who would like to begin with the first session of training or sparring?" I proposed with a challenging hint to my tone.

What is a wolf without a little friendly hand-to-hand fighting. "We'd like to accept your offer to the challenge, Alpha." Gabriel stepped forward, his eyes gleaming bright from the presence of his fox pushing to the surface.

"Then let the challenges begin!" I announced loudly to everyone in the area. I walked across the field and took my seat next to Angel and Hanna under the gazebo. Jamie looked our way, smiling as he skipped over to where Brennan and Milo sat on a blanket in the grass to be closer.

Adrian and Gabriel stepped out into the field that was outlined just as Luca, Rose, and our parents come out the house and headed towards us. My Father and Luca took stances at each end of the field to watch over the training in case Adrian or Gabriel's animals started taking control.

With most of the Pack hanging around the area to watch or just to simply enjoy a nice day outside, precautions were needed for things like this. Adrian took a relaxed stance, feet spread inches apart, his arms bent by his sides as he waited for Gabriel to make his move.

Gabriel slid closer to Adrian and smirked wickedly before he pushed up on his toes to whisper something in his ear. Adrian gasped and before he could regain his composure, Gabriel was on the move. He swept Adrian's feet out from under him, causing his body to land swiftly on the ground with a loud thump. Then Gabriel was straddling his hips and pinning Adrian's arms above his head by his wrists.

"You sly, sneaky, little fox. I'm gonna have to pay you back with your own medicine." Adraian said as he lent up, brushing his lips along Gabriel's neck, across his jaw line and to his ear.

A blush creeps upon Gabriel's cheeks as his entire body slackends just enough for Adrian to shift his hips. Gabriel looses his balance and grip causing him to become unfocused, giving Adrian the chance to switch their positions. I laughed out loud as Milo started clapping with a bright smile on upon his face. He seemed really excited to know he wasn't the only fox shifter in the pack.

"Go on." I encouraged Milo when Gabriel shifted into a black and grey fox, that he should go have fun with them.

Milo smiled at both Brennan and I before he shifted to a fox and headed towards the other pack members. Gabriel met Milo halfway to chatter and nuzzle at him. Milo nipped at Gabriel's left ear and pawed at his side, purring quietly. They continued this, going back and forth, playfully fighting each other.

But they were easily distracted when a colorful butterfly fluttered by them. Milo tipped his head to the right curiously as the little winged creature stopped to land on Gabriel's nose. And before it flew away, Gabriel shifted, gently catching the butterfly with his hands.

Milo creeps over and sniffs at the butterfly and then sneezes when the wings tickle his snout. We all laugh while Milo chatters excitedly as Gabriel moves the butterfly from his hands to Milo's ear. Adrian helps Gabriel up from the ground and hands him his clothes to put on. Gabriel blushes fire-truck red when pack members look our way and he quickly hides behind Adrian as his cover, to get dressed.

"Now, now, Adrian," I tiscked with a smile at his low growling. "You're caveman is showing."

Adrian looked at me sheepishly. "Oops, sorry," he said with grin almost too big for his cheeks.

"Gabriel . . . Milo . . . would you both like to come and see everything that is being picked for the pack get-together and ceremony for this weekend?" Angel's smaller form appeared next to me.

"Umm . . . sure." Gabriel hummed, stepping out from behind Adrian's bigger body.

"Fantastic! Let's go!" Angel waved excitedly for the two of them to follow her.

As the three left for the house with Hanna and Jamie, Brennan and Adrian took stances in the field. My Patrol and Guardian Wolves split up into two groups by my orders. Group one: protecting the children, women, and men who can't or aren't old enough to fight. Group two: helping to defend our Pack territory against rogues and other threats that come.

Although some packs didn't allow all members to train or fight, my pack is not like that. I allow any and all who are old enough the chance to train or fight, if they choose to do so. Two of my Patrol and Guardian Wolves brought out Gregory as I asked to the middle of our training field. He looked slightly better than he did yesterday.

"Where did all your fag wolves run off to?" Gregory spit out through clenched teeth.

This time I didn't stop Adrian from giving Gregory a nice hard right hook to his face. He hit the ground with a painful moan.

Gregory coughs, spitting up blood upon the ground, his smile sickening. "Before . . . we continue this, who would like to know what Alpha Mason is planning? Because I'm sure you're not as excited to hear it as I will be to tell it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35 0 8
Some things you just can't avoid, like falling in love. As much as you try to avoid, or search for it, it always seems to find you, or elude you. It...
7K 657 22
NOTE: This is completed but unedited. It will be going through major changes soon including with plot and character changes. Once it is all changed...
625 1 84
There are a lot of things you don't really think about until they happen to you. Take rape, for instance. I always thought, "That won't happen to me...
18.6K 355 26
In a bad fire at the age of ten Jane parents were killed leaving her to fid for herself. Before they died her father always told her stories about wo...