Second Chances - Stiles Stili...

By Jea72aae

Natalie, Scott and Stiles are used to getting into some sort of trouble since they were kids. This year, trou... More

Chapter 1: Not a Typical Walk through the Woods
Chapter 2: Puppy Love
Chapter 3: Friends With Benefits
Chapter 4: Royally Fucking it Up Again
Chapter 5: What's with These Two and Bathrooms
Chapter 6: No Control
Chapter 7: Eye Contact
Chapter 9: Group Date
Chapter 10: Holding Up Your End of the Bargain
Chapter 11: Just "Studying"
Chapter 12: No Wonder Blockbuster is out of Business
Chapter 13: Crushed
Chapter 14: Sorry Coach
Chapter 15: The Heart Rate Monitor Monitor
Chapter 16: Not the Best Plan
Chapter 17: Nowhere Left to Hide
Chapter 18: It's a Group Effort
Chapter 19: Never the Right Time
Chapter 20: Breakups 101
Chapter 21: 2 Drunk Idiots
Chapter 22: Full Moon Countdown
Chapter 23: Full Moon
Chapter 24: Back from the Dead
Chapter 25: Jackson Douchebag Whittlemore
Chapter 26: Derek 'The Interrupter' Hale
Chapter 27: Some Coma Patient
Chapter 28: A Second Hale to Worry About
Chapter 29: Melted Ice Cream
Chapter 30: Undressing Room
Chapter 31: Semi-Formalities
Chapter 32: At All Costs
Chapter 33: There's No "I" in Team

Chapter 8: Bad News Just Keeps Coming

509 1 2
By Jea72aae

Natalie

"McCall, if you side eye from the rearview mirror one more time, I will wet willie you," I say, crossing my arms in the backseat of the Jeep. Stiles smirks and taps on the wheel.

"I don't know, just admiring your outfit," Scott says, turning in his seat to look at me. "Was it just so good, you wore it two days in a row?" He laughs as I threateningly stick a finger in my mouth. I lean my head between the seats and sigh.

"Stiles, tell your dad to hurry the hell up. How long does it take to handcuff a werewolf?" The three of use are parked down the road from the Hale house. Two cop cars are parked outside, a couple deputies standing around as they wait for Derek to come out.

"I don't know Natalie," Stiles turns to me, hands outstretched to the scene unfolding in front of us. "Maybe if you didn't use your Christian Bale impression for the tip off call they may have come quicker?"

"I think I am pretty good," I say in a low growling voice.

"Was that it? Are you kidding?" Scott says. I attempt to stick my finger in his ear in retaliation.

"Guys, guys! It's happening!" We watch as Mr. Stilinski guides a handcuffed Derek off the porch of the Hale house. I watch Scott lean forward, obviously relieved.

"Awh, I was kind of starting to like him behind around. Literally all the time. Like in the shadows," I say in as serious voice as I can pull off. Derek is shoved into the back of a cop car, and Sheriff Stilinski turns to the other deputies to chat.

"I'm going in," Stiles says, jumping out of the car and running to the house.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Scott says, ducking down to avoid detection. It's a blue jeep in the middle of the woods. We're the opposite of invisible.

....................................................................................................................

Stiles

I run low to the ground and yank open the passenger door of the cop car. Derek looks as unamused as ever.

"I have to ask you something," I start as quickly as possible, "Just so you know, I am not afraid of you."

His sullen expression doesn't change as he cocks his head at me.

"Okay maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just want to know. That girl you killed? She was a werewolf. She was a different kind, wasn't she? I mean, she could turn into an actual wolf. Is that why you killed her?" His eyes bore into mine.

"Why are you so worries about me, when your friend Scott is the problem? When he shifts on the field, what do you think they are going to do, huh?" he asks. "Just cheer him on? I can't stop him from playing now but you can. Trust me, you'll want to." My heart is racing as he's leaning closer and closer to me.

My dad has me by the neck with his hand, dragging me out of the car.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow," I complain, as he drags me to the side of the yard.

"Help me understand how exactly you came across this body?" he yells in a hushed voice. His arms are crossed and his eyebrows are furrowed at me. He's pissed.

"We were looking for Scott's inhaler!"

"Which you dropped when?"

"The other night," I say easily.

"The other night when you were out looking for the other half of the body?"

"Yes," I say, obviously.

"The night you told me you were alone? And Scott and Natalie were home?" He uncrosses his arms and rest his hands on his hips.

"Ah, crap." He shoves me away toward the direction of my Jeep.

"Get the hell out of here. We'll talk about this later."

I jog over to the rest of the crew.

"That did not look good," Scott says as I hope back in the car. I shift into reverse and head back for the road.

"We've been holding down the research fort while you've been gone," Natalie says from the backseat, staring intently at her phone. "I can't find anything that says wolfsbane is used for burial."

"Keep looking. Maybe it's a ritual," Scott says, scrolling through his phone as well.

"Then why aren't you full on running on all fours?" Natalie asks.

"It might be a special skill," I add in, "Something you have to learn?"

"I'll add it to the list guys, alright?" he says, exasperated. His face starts to pale. "I need to figure out how I am playing this game tonight." Natalie touches his shoulder.

"Maybe it's different for girl werewolves," I ponder.

"Okay, stop Stiles," he groans.

"Stop what?" I look over at him, visibly uncomfortable.

"Stop saying werewolf! Stop, enjoying this so much?!"

"Are you okay man?"

"No!"

"You'll have to accept this sooner or later Scott," Natalie whispers to him, trying to comfort him.

"No?"

"You'll have to!" I yell at him. God, what doesn't he get? Was locking Derek up a mistake? I just keep thinking of what he said in the car.

"I can't breathe!" He slams his hand on the roof.

"Whoa Scott," Natalie says, eyes wide. Her small hand is covering her mouth.

"Pull over," Scott growls. I flash back to a few hours ago, when Natalie demanded the same thing. I shake my head to get rid of the memory, and then look over to Scott and he's rummaging through my bag.

"What? What- what's happening?" The wolfsbane is resting on top of my lacrosse stuff.

"You kept it?" Natalie gasps.

"What was I supposed to do with it?!" I shot at her, trying to keep the Jeep on the road. Scott is heavy breathing, holding his head in his hands.

"STOP...the CAR," Scott growls, his head shooting up and his golden eyes covering his normal brown ones. I slam on the brakes, Natalie falling forward on the center console.

"We're good, we're fi-" The passenger door is swinging open, Scott nowhere to be seen. Natalie looks up to me, her hair falling in her face comically.

"Maybe he's just on his way to the game? Wanted a headstart?" she says, climbing in the passenger seat.

"God, the game. I need to get going, I should probably beat Scott there. If I can," Natalie closes the car door then looks at me expectantly. "I mean, unless...you want to..." I motion to her, then me. She rolls her eyes.

"How about we use that spare time to drive me home? I need to change," she says, buckling her seatbelt. Pulling back on the road, I start laughing.

"Oh, I see. It's only the right moment when you are in the mood?" I question.

"That's how it works!" She looks out the window, uninterested. I pull up into her driveway in a few moments. She starts to get out of the car, then pauses. Turning to me, she leans forward, looking me right in the eyes. "Unless you decide to be a man, and just take me," she whispers, her eyes teasing. I swallow.

"Bye, Stiles! Good luck tonight!" she says, jumping out of the car.

......................................................................................................................

Natalie

I push through everyone on the bleachers, sprinting to meet Stiles in the middle of the field. Everyone around me is cheering, hugging the lacrosse players who just had their big win. "Stiles!" I yell, trying to reach him. He looks terrified. "Stiles!" I try to push past Lydia and Jackson kissing. He looks over at me at the sound of my voice. He literally shoves a freshman to the ground and grabs my hand.

"I can't find Scott. He ran off the field holding his head, I don't know where he is-" he is gasping, eyes searching all around.

"Stiles!" I grab his face in my hands. "The locker room, come on!" I take his hand and sprints toward the school.

The locker room is silent. Eerily silent. I poke my head around the corner, terrified of what I might see.

Scott is at the shower entrance. With Allison. I shove Stiles behind the lockers before he can see and put a finger to his lips. He waves his hands around, questioning me. I wrap my arms around my body and rub all over, puckering my lips.

They're kissing.

His eyes sparkle, poking his head to see for himself. I can't help but notice his hands resting on my hips as we face each other. He quickly whips back around. I head a laugh from Allison.

"Nat, Stiles," Allison smiles at us as she exits the locker room. I flash her a thumbs up secretly as Stiles awkwardly waves. I turn around to see Scott in a daze.

"You controlled it," Stiles says, approaching him.

"I pulled it back...maybe it's not so bad, I controlled it," he says dreamily.

"Well I have maybe some bad news to balance this great moment," Stiles says. I punch him in the shoulder, making a cut it out motion with my hand. "I just got a call from my dad. The medical examiner determined the killer of that girl as animal. Not human. Derek, human. Derek not killer. Derek, out of jail," he finishes.

"You're kidding," Scott says.

"It's worse. The girl, name is Laura Hale."

"Hale?" I question.

"Derek's sister".

...........................................................................................................................

That Monday, I swing my backpack around from off my shoulder, making sure not to get it caught on my oversize jean jacket. I take out my chemistry book, shoving the bag into my locker. I close it and turn to see Stiles and Scott hurriedly approaching.

"Natalie, Natalie!" Stiles yells to me. They both shove each other to get as close to me as possible. "Have you seen Allison?"

"No, but did you see that bus outside? The doors completely ripped off? And all that blood..." I say. Scott puts his head in his hands and rests his forehead against the lockers.

"Yeah, we've seen it. Scott's seen it – last night in his dream. A dream that was super realistic. With Allison there, him chasing her, and he thought it was fake, then we saw it, out in the parking lot!" Stiles says, his hushed yell growing louder. I can't believe it. Scott hurt Allison? That blood – it's Allison's? My heart drops.

"Hey guys!" A voice cuts through the conversation. Lydia and Allison approach, Allison smiling, Lydia...being Lydia. Scott moves at an impractical speed, hugging Allison. Stiles and I both let out a sigh of relief.

"Uh, hey?" Allison laughs, pulling away from Scott. "Nice to see you too." He grabs her hand and walks her down the hall, a smile plastered on her face. Lydia eyes Stiles and I up and down.

"So, how's this going?" She asks, pointing from me to him. Stiles stammers, blinking rather obnoxiously. His cheeks are flushed.

"Come on Lydia," I roll my eyes, linking her arm and dragging her away. "We'll be late for Chemistry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 480 29
"It's not a date!" Lydia protested for the fifth time as she drove herself, Diana and Allison over to the mall where she had managed to get each of t...
1.4M 42.7K 45
HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] โœง WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected it to. In fact, everything changed last...
2.5M 79.7K 54
BORDERLINE [BOOK ONE OF FIVE] โœง Harper Verum agreed to help her best friends find a dead body a little too willingly the night before their first day...
670K 14.9K 84
"A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other. Maybe temporary, maybe at the wrong time, maybe to...