Why me? (Steve Rogers Love St...

By Abbigail1997

What happens when Tony Stark's little sister is finally shown to the Avengers after being kept secret for so... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 1

531 9 0
By Abbigail1997

*Chapter song is You Need To Calm Down by Taylor Swift*

"Vi? Violet, come on wake up." I hear my brother's voice, I groan lightly. "Violet."

"Don't call me 'Vi'." I open my eyes to see him stood over me smirking. "Let me sleep."

"No, we have places to be."

"No I don't." I yawn and sit up, he's lucky that I'm in my pyjamas this time.

"You're coming with me, right now."

"I'm not dressed." He shrugs. "I'm not going anywhere while I'm in my pyjamas."

"Yes you are."

"Tony, I'm getting dressed so get out." I order.

"I have your stuff in the ride to where we're going." I know full well there was no way he'd leave to let me get dressed, he's too impatient for that. And knowing him he's probably late to something.

"I swear if anybody I know sees me then I'll kick your ass." He smirks, I follow him out and get in the car that was being driven by a man I'd not seen before. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, why don't you get some sleep? It's a long drive."

"Brothers." I roll my eyes before trying to get comfy so I could sleep again. I don't really sleep much after being frozen for 10 years, each time I get scared that I won't wake up again.

              "Wake up shortstuff." Tony nudges me awake. "You must have needed that cause you didn't even notice when I carried you to the plane." I look at him confused before realising we were no longer in the car and in fact we were on a jet that I knew too well, I stand up and look out of the window to see we've already landed. God dammit, I fling by bag onto my back.

"Tony." I snap at him, he quickly presses a button which opens the door. That son of a bitch, I see a few people gathered round. I cross my arms beginning to feel really insecure especially since I'm not dressed. "What the hell are we doing here Tony, you promised I don't need to come here no more." I glare at him as he just stands talking to Fury.

"Nice pyjamas." I look and see Natasha trying not to laugh at me.

"Tony wouldn't let me get changed." I inform her before giving her a quick hug.

"I'll show you to your room so you can get changed."

"I really hope it's not far because people are staring, especially him." I nod at the guy Tony likes to call 'Cap'. I know of the Avengers, I've just never met any other than Tony and Nat. This 'Cap' guy quickly looks away when he sees us looking back.

"Funny, he never stares at anyone especially women." Nat comments, I roll my eyes knowing exactly what she's trying to get at.

"Can we go now? I really want to get dressed." She nods and leads the way to a room.

"We'll be having a meeting in the usual room, so just join when you're ready." She leaves, I quickly get changed into the clothes Tony had packed for me. I'm curious to why he's packed so much clothes for me, I hope he's not wanting me to stay here for a night. Shaking the thought out of my head I make my way to the meeting room after asking a few agents to where it was, it's been a few months since I was last here and I've been doing what I can to forget about it. I walk in.

"So, why am I here?" I ask not really caring if I interrupted them, I learnt to do that because of Tony. It's the only way to be heard, well that's what he always said to me when we grew up.

"We were in the middle of a conversation ma'am." 'Cap' says to me, I don't know their names. Well their real names anyway.

"One, don't call me ma'am. Two it certainly didn't look like it and three Tony you know I don't like this." I look at him, he puts his hands up in defence.

"Hey don't bring me into this Vi. You and Cap carry on, I want to see who wins." Tony grins.

"Obviously me." I smirk, I also learned the cockiness from Tony too.

"You really think so?" Cap questions me.

"Definitely." I wink, I see his face turn the slightest bit pink from embarrassment. "Seriously though, why am I here when I hate this place." I look at Fury. "All the offence is meant."

"You haven't told her?" Hawkeye speaks up, I should probably learn their names.

"Told me what?"

"You're now working for S.H.I.E.L.D." Fury comments, I glare at him. There is no way Tony would agree to this, he knows how much I hate this place. And he promised that I'd never have to be here again.

"I'm not, I would never work for you."

"Well you do. Mr Stark agreed to it."

"Tony isn't in charge of me, I'm an adult. Not some kid you can control." I start to feel angry, I try my best to keep it hidden because of what happened last time I was angry. Sadly it's not something I remember and Tony lied about what happened.

"I think you'll find that he is in control of you seem as you're medically deemed unstable."

"Excuse me?" I practically yell at him." I am perfectly stable."

"Physically maybe. Mentally no, not according to our records."

"You can take your records and shove them up your as-"

"Okay. That's enough of that." Tony quickly interrupts. "Look, Vi. What you have, none of us do. We need you."

"Don't call me Vi. And I don't care Tony, you're the Avengers. You don't need me, I'm a failed experiment that he did. You said so yourself."

"We're trying to find him." Fury admits. "You're the only way we know how."

"No. You have Thor, his brother. You don't need me." I complain, I don't ever want to see that monster again.

"I've been unable to find him, you were the last person to speak to him." Thor tells me, I groan.

"I haven't seen him for a year, not since Tony and S.H.I.E.L.D found me."

"Well until we find him, Mr Stark has agreed for you to stay here." Fury speaks, Tony backs up a little.

"Tony did what?" I snap while making my way to him.

"Tony did nothing." Tony tries. "Vi, calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down. All my life I've always looked up to you, did what you said. And now you're wanting to keep me here like a prisoner, control me. Like he did!" I yell. "You're the one who wanted me gone! You didn't care."

"Vi, you know I did." He tried again.

"You promised! You promised that you'd look after me. But look what happened." I throw a fireball at him which misses. "This happened." Another fireball, by now the anger was taking over my body.

"You want to play? Let's play." His Iron Man suit soon finds its way to him, I charge at him which makes us crash through a window leading to outside on the flight deck. People quickly rush away as we fight each other. "This isn't you Violet." I ignore him and kick him away. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You already have." I raise my arm, ready to throw another fireball. Just as I go to throw it a shield skims past me, I turn to see the others ready to fight if need be.

"Cap. That was a big mistake." Tony calls out, I make my way to Cap. Each fireball I threw he would hit away with his shield, eventually we got close enough for hand to hand combat. He's a skilled fighter I'll give him that. But while I'm angry, I know that I have an advantage. I throw a right hook into his face, with a small smirk I go for another punch but as I do I feel a sharp pain in my back. I hiss in pain before turning around to see Tony stood with his arm raised.

"Uh oh." I hear him mumble, I fly into him pinning him against part of a building. "Violet, this isn't you." Tony speaks.

"This is your fault, you never protected me." I growl.

"Violet, if you don't stop I will shoot." Nat tells me, I chuckle lightly.

"Shoot and he dies." I tighten my grip.

"Yeah, she's not kidding." Tony struggles.

"Do it." A male voice speaks. "Kill him. Do it now." I know that voice, it can't be.

"Get out of my head! You promised." I scream out, the anger was slowly fading and now being replaced with fear.

"I promised a year, guess what? Times up." I hear the evil in his voice.

"No. I won't let you.

"You will, you're weak."

"Vi?" Tony attempts to get my attention.

"Remember who's fault it is Violet?" I could hear his laugh.

"No! Tony didn't know, it's not his fault." I cry out.

"You know it is, he deserves to die."

"No! Please, no." My grip around Tony tightens and flames soon start to appear.

"Loki!" Thor calls out, I turn to look at him after dropping Tony. "You leave her body, now!"

"Oh brother." Even though it was my voice it wasn't me. "The funs only just beginning, I'll be back. This one is weak." I collapse to the ground, I look for my brother.

"Tony." I whisper before blacking out.

            I slowly open my eyes and look at my surroundings, I'm in my room. One hand handcuffed to my bed frame.

"Oh no, what have I done?" I mumble slightly.

"Not much damage, broken window, probably part of a building too. Oh a few fires and damaged Tony's suit." I look to see Cap sat on a chair in my room.

"Did I hurt anybody?"

"No. Well, just Tony."

"And you?" I notice a small bruise on his face.

"I've had worse." He shrugs before unlocking the handcuff.

"I'm sorry Uh what's your name again."

"Steve. Steve Rogers."

"Violet." He smiles as I stand up. "Where is he?"

"In a lab, maybe it's best to leave him. He wasn't in a good mood when he left here."

"He was here?"

"Who do you think handcuffed you?" I roll my eyes, of course he did. "He also left me in charge of watching you, told me to tell him when you wake up."

"I also told you not to un handcuff her." We both look to see Tony stood at the door, I look away from him.

"I asked him to, my wrist was hurting." I lie, he looks to Steve for confirmation. Steve nods which makes Tony look back at me.

"We need to talk. Privately."

"I'll see you later ma'am." Steve walks away, Tony closes the door.

"Ma'am?" I shrug. "Right. Anyway, what was that back there?"

"What?"

"The anger. I thought we got past that."

"No, you thought we got past that. I never did."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I did. But you never listened."

"No, you're wrong. I always listen."

"Tony, no. You listened to yourself, you stopped listening when you decided that you didn't want to hear it anymore. 11 months I've had to act like everything was okay, like I wasn't angry." He sighs and looks away from me.

"When you ran away I did everything I could to get you back, I tried convincing everyone you were fine." He starts. "They were all bothered about you, none of them cared about me."

"So you stopped caring about me cause you was jealous?"

"I didn't stop caring. I just stopped looking."

"If you're trying to make me feel better it's not working, you're just adding to the anger."

"I'm trying to connect with my sister, which doesn't seem to be working."

"We've never connected Tony not after they died. You never cared, but I did. Dammit I admired you growing up and look where that got me, no where." I stand in front of him. "When they died, you promised you'd always protect me. Then the grief kicked in for us both, you slept around while I stayed hidden. We argued and you told me to leave and not to come back."

"And I regret that, I regret all the bad things I said to you."

"What?" I ask shocked, he's never told me that.

"I shouldn't have said what I said, I shouldn't have stopped looking for you for years. When I started growing up I realised I needed my sister, I did everything I could to keep tabs on you. I'm sorry that I didn't get you back sooner."

"I'm still mad at you."

"I know and I'm okay with that."

"Still don't trust you."

"Don't blame you." I give him a weird look. "Can we try to get along?"

"Fine. But if you cross the line I'm leaving."

"Deal." I bring him into a hug, surprisingly he hugged me back. "I should probably introduce you to everyone properly." He suggests as he pulls back from the hug.

"That'd help." Tony leads me to another room that had everyone in from before, I avoid peoples gazes and quickly sit down.

"Vi this is Bruce and Clint. The others you know." Tony points them both out.

"Why are you introducing us?" Clint questions.

"Cause I didn't know your actual names other than Natasha and Thor." I reply, Tony explained on the way about Thor being his actual name. That and Loki talked about him a lot.

"Now that introductions are done are there any questions on the file you all read?" Tony asks them all.

"What file?" I look at him.

"Your file."

"My file? Since when do you have a file on me?"

"Since the second time we found you." Fury tells me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 13.9K 45
Bucky Barnes had found refuge on a small farm in Montana two years ago. It was there that the Winter Soldier seemed to disappear from his mind and B...
1.7K 78 11
[Complete] Katherine Barton is Clint Barton's younger sister. She is a spy and an Agent at S.H.I.E.L.D. alongside her brother. She is trained marksma...
1.8K 37 20
What if Steve gave sperm back before he froze? What if by accident in 1999 they used his sperm and then once the woman finds out who the dad is, send...
14.4K 436 38
Y/N was never meant to be royalty. She always knew that. But when her village was destroyed one night when she was young, King Anthony Stark took her...