Surging Love (Nejire Hado X M...

By atlas-stonewall

Merry Christmas, enjoy this month's oneshot. More

Surging Love

4K 65 38
By atlas-stonewall

Name: (Y/n) (L/n)

Age: 17

Quirk: (Auto-counter) his quirk makes it so his body automatically avoid and retaliates against incoming attacks and projectiles even if he doesn't see them coming.

(Y/n)'s POV

UA high, the most prestigious school in the world for anyone who dreams of becoming hero. I was a 3rd year so my time at UA was almost up. I had a bit of a rep at UA due to my quirk, but that's kinda where it ends. I was doing work studies like most of the 3rd years, but I wasn't even close to the skill level of UA's Big Three.

The Big Three were the 3 most capable students at UA. Mirio Togata, Tamaki Amajiki, and of course...Nejire Hado.

Since the day she found out what my quirk was Nejire has been asking me questions about certain details of how it works, often asking questions she already asked.

"Can you dodge multiple attacks at once"

"How fast is your body able to react"

"How good are you at dodgeball"

That kind of stuff.

Though it could be a little annoying at times, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a bit of a crush on her. I mean how could I not? She's beautiful, she's quirky, and she's a damn good hero.

Anyway, I was in the 3rd year's dorm, just looking at my phone, when a familiar voice chimed from behind me.

???: hey (y/n)...

I turned around and saw Nejire standing there.

(Y/n): hey Nejire.

Nejire: can I ask you something?

I knew this would lead to an entire jumble of questions, but I just said...

(Y/n): sure.

Nejire: ok, so you're quirk makes it so you can't be hit by an attack, right?

(Y/n): pretty much

Nejire: well, what if you were in a situation where you had to be a human shield?

(Y/n): ha, I'm sure if that were to happen there'd be a hero there whose quirk would be more a effective as a human shield. Like that 1st year, Kirishima.

Nejire: yeah, but what if you had to take a hit to protect someone, could you?

(Y/n): not sure, I doubt it though. My quirk is more of a personal defense power.

Nejire: well, what if-

She was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing.

(Y/n): hold that thought.

Nejire made a pouty face before I stood up from the couch and walked outside. I answered my phone.

(Y/n): hello?

The voice on the other line sounded both shrill and low at the same time. it sent chills down my spine as it pierced my eardrums like the sound of a piano in a dead silent manor.

???: hello (y/n)...

(Y/n): hey boss.

It was my work study mentor, the spine chilling hero, Nightcloak.

Nightcloak's quirk is called "Night Terror" it allows him to look into the minds of his opponents and find out what they're most afraid of. Not only that, but his quirk also lets him shapeshift into a much more monstrous form of that fear. Of course, it only workings if the target is afraid of something you can physically see, such as spiders, snakes, or even birds.

Given his quirk, he's adopted a sort of "terror of the night" kind of persona.

(A/n) if you have a better hero name tell me)

Anyway, he continued.

Nightcloak: I need you to come by the agency, we need to talk about something.

(Y/n): alright, I'm on my way now.

Nightcloak: I'll see you then.

We both hung up.

I immediately put on my UA uniform, grabbed my hero costume, and left campus.

After a while I arrived at the Nightcloak hero agency. I went in and entered his office. The moment I walked in he stood up from his desk. His purplish black, hooded cloak draped over his back as a pair of purple eyes looked at me through the darkness under the hood.

Nightcloak: good, you're here. Now we can talk.

I shut the door and walked closer to his desk. On his desk was a map of a city block with a red circle drawn around 1 building.

(Y/n): what's this for?

Nightcloak: alright, lately there have been a spike in assault and battery reports in this area. The victims claimed that they were attacked while passing through alleyways that pasted by this building

He pointed at the red circle.

Nightcloak: I decided to do some snopping around and found out that the place was an underground fight club. Our goal is to secure the area and arrest everyone involved, and I want you to come along.

(Y/n): and you're briefing me on this and not your sidekicks because...?

Nightcloak: I already briefed them, they're out patrolling the area for any escape points or external hideouts. We'll also be teaming up with another hero agency for some more muscle. I'll be getting in contact with the police to get a warrant.

(Y/n): when are we gonna strike?

Nightcloak: tommorow morning, make sure to get plenty of sleep tonight.

(Y/n): alright, see ya tommorow.

I walked out of his office and left.

The next day

The day after my briefing I was stood in front of the police station with a bunch of sidekicks. The mission had already been recapped to us so we were just standing around waiting.

???: Oh, hey (y/n). I didn't expect to see you here.

I turned.

(Y/n): Nejire, what're you doing here?

Nejire: Ryukyu said we were teaming up with Nightcloak agency for a case. Didn't know you'd be here though.

(Y/n): neither did I.

After another hour we were at the meeting point which was just outside the building being used as a fight club.

Nightcloak: you ready, (y/n)?

(Y/n): yeah, these guys won't know what hit the-

I was suddenly cut off by the sound of a loud BOOM! I automatically thrusted my hand forward and caught a bullet mere inch's from Nightcloak's head.

We all looked up and saw a villain on the roof with a a snipe rifle. He looked down at me in shock. A couple of sidekicks hopped up to the roof and quickly took him down before a large amount of villains burst through the front door with various weapons

One of them charged at me with a bat. He swung, but I quickly caught it before karate chopping him in the neck, taking him down. More thugs came at me and I swiftly got the better of them with kicks to the face, punches to the gut, and strikes to softer body parts.

With every villain taken out 3 more came out of the building, quickly overwhelming us. Nejire landed next to me and Nightcloak ran over.

Nightcloak: you 2, get inside and find the bastards running this place, we'll handle the rest!

He turned, looked at one of the villains, and squinted. His eyes began to glow before he began speaking to himself.

Nightcloak: hm, pyrophobia.

Suddenly, flames erupted from his body and surrounded the area. Nightcloak began to grow until he was about the size of a house.

He looked at me and Nejire one more time.

Nightcloak: GO!

We didn't hesitate running through the door and into the building. After about 20 minute of wondering around the building and beating any villains we saw, we were kind of...lost.

Nejire: wow, this place is like a maze.

(Y/n): the guys in charge probably made a run for it already.

We opened one door which lead to a bunch of rafters. I looked down and saw 3 guys standing in the middle of the rather large room, one of them being must bigger than the other 2

???: the heros are right at our doorstep! We've gotta get outta here!

???: I'm telling ya, they're out numbered. They're good as dead.

I turned to Nejire.

(Y/n): alright, I've got a plan. I drop down there and distract them and when I've got their attention you take out the big guy.

She nodded.

(Y/n): well, here we go.

I leaped down and got the villains' attention.

???: damnit, looks like one of them got in.

One of them grinned at me, a gold tooth shining in the light. He pulled out a pistol and fired. I dodged it and so he fired again and he missed and then he missed again.

When the magazine was empty he grabbed a knife from his side and charged at me. I grabbed him by the wrist and beat him with a swift kick to the face, knocking out his gold tooth.

Just then I felt something against my temple I shifted my eyes and saw the other guy with a gun to my head. I watched as he moved his finger down to squeeze the trigger. I quickly grabbed the barrel and punched him right in the jaw. He fell to the ground.

I then looked at the massive brute of a man before he began charging at me.

Suddenly, Nejire blasted him with her quirk and slammed him into the ground.

She landed next to me.

Nejire: well, that was quick.

(Y/n): I'll say, I was barley even trying.

Suddenly, the big guy got back up and charged at Nejire, I quickly pushed her out of the way...and the villain backhanded me into the wall.

He marched over, preparing to finish me off until Nejire blasted him through a wall, finally knocking him out.

She ran over to me.

Nejire: are you ok?!

(Y/n): y-yeah...kinda.

(A/n) for those of you wondering why his quirk didn't stop him for being hit, I've decided to make it 2 possibilities. Either he needs to make the conscious choice to take a hit, or the attack came so fast that his body didn't have time to react. You decide.

She helped me up and gave me her shoulder for support as she helped me outside. All the villains outside had been cuffed and were being put in the backs of cars.

Nightcloak came over to us.

Nightcloak: what the hell happened?

I looked up at him.

(Y/n): ...I took a hit.

He looked at me in surprise.

Nightcloak: *sigh* there's an ambulance over there, get him patched up.

Nejire helped me over to the ambulance. I got my injuries patched up. She sat down next to me.

Nejire: you doing ok?

(Y/n): yeah, little bit.

I heard her laugh a bit.

(Y/n): what?

Nejire: you took a hit for me.

(Y/n): ha, yeah...guess I did.

Nejire then grabbed my chin, turned my head towards her...and kissed me.

She pulled away, leaving me in shock.

(Y/n): uh, w-why did you do that?

Nejire: what, did you like it?

(Y/n): ...yeah, but that doesn't answer my question.

Nejire: well, I thought you earned it for saving me, mr. human shield

(Y/n): please don't start calling me that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 134 21
Ukai Y/n in Which a boy who Does not have many Friends or Any at all . His dad Ukai Keishin wanted him to get friends and Socialize so he made him be...
4.5K 91 12
isang gobernador na nagampon ng batang babae ngunit paglipas ng paanahon ay papangasawahin at aanakan niya lang pala ito.
27.1K 805 16
Top's : Soobin and Bemogyu Bottom's : Yeonjun and Taehyun Don't like it, don't read it ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ โ— โ—‹ โ— โ—‹ โ— โ—‹ โ— โ—‹ โ— What happens when a group of collage...
1M 39K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...