Fixing the Broken

By loseurshit

Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in... More

A/N
01//population 1098
02//new car
03//hell
04//yearbook
05//bio
06//no fangirling
08//rides
09//partayyyy
10//body shots
11//hangover
12//stargazing
13//thoughts
14//shelly
15//shit
16//safe?
17//kate
18//20 questions
19//tattoos
20//back
21//noah
22//dodgeball
23//operation dena
24//finally
A/N
25//avengers
26//goodmorning
27//hickeys
28//the date
29//game day
30//sex
31//star
32//cheater
33//home
34//christmas
35//want
36//amends
epilogue
A/N
book 2?
extras?
extra#1
extra#2

07//practice

84.9K 2.3K 3.2K
By loseurshit

By Thursday, Coach Robert has sent me the email with the boys schedule and said that they've all agreed to be interviewed. He also might have mentioned that he liked me so he threatened to make them run laps if they said no.

I've also learned a lot about this school for example: the "queen" who has been trying to get with the bad boys for like years name is Michelle, or Shelly, for short. She has 2 little minions but I don't know their names because I try my very hardest to ignore them. Me and Seth fuck with all the teachers we have classes together with and Ollie and I help each other out when we get confused during class. Dylan DEFINITELY likes Kena but Kena doesn't believe it, and Noah seriously does not talk to anyone besides his friends. I've also learned more about Jake, Josh, Kena and Maddie. Jake and Josh are fraternal twins, Josh is bi but in the closet at school because people are assholes, Jake is loud and outspoken and extremely liberal for living in a small town, Maddie is the shyest in the group and shes more girly than me or Kena, Kena's the most like me, except she doesn't do too hot in school, she's quiet unless she wants to talk to you, but can also be very shy, especially around her boy toy.

Also i've noticed their looks go with their personalities. Josh wears crew necks with collared shirts layered under them and khakis, is about 6' and has a nose piercing, Jake wears jeans and hoodies most of the time and is like 6'1. Maddie likes to wear skirts a lot and tanks and stuff even though it gets cold as shit here in Montana, she's like 5'5 and the shortest of the group, Kena likes more comfy clothes style but occasionally dresses up, she also has a nose piercing (I guess they got them together), and she 5'10.

~

I don't know if I described Carter yet but if not she's 5'8, blonde wavy hair and she's skinny with curves in the right places. She has a tattoo on the back of her neck and behind her ear. The one on the back of her neck is a princess flower because her dad used to bring her those and call her his little princess when she was younger, the one behind her ear is a semi-colon because she attempted to take her own life after her dad died, but her mom said "this isn't the end baby, I know it feels like it's the end but it's not, it's like a semi-colon. You just have to continue the sentence" anyways that's her and her tattoos meanings.

~

Anyways, I'm now dragging Kena and Maddie to the field in the back of the school with my camera and their voice recorders and notebooks. I'm taking pictures because that's my specialty and because they suck at it, and they're doing the interviews.

We get there and Dylan waves at us, which then causes Coach to see us and smile and wave us down.

"Coach smiles?" asked Kena quietly from behind me.

"And he laughs, just be yourself, he'll love you." I add and she scoffs.

"Right."

We walk down the bleachers and onto the field.

"Alright boy," coach starts, "These are the girls doing your page, if I find out that any one of you has made any one of them uncomfortable in anyway you'll be running laps."

"Come on coach! the one on the right looks freaky." Says a voice from the back referring to me.

I scoff loudly enough for him to hear, "You'll never know." Kena stifles a laugh, while coach is just downright laughing.

"Go ahead and introduce yourselves girls since you'll be with us the whole season."

"Right, uhm- I'm Carter, I'll be taking pictures."

"Kena, I'll be interviewing." she says crossing her arms and looking at them skeptically.

"I'm Maddie, I'll be writing the pieces on your games and practices." She says with a small wave and a smile at the guys.

"So basically were coming to all of your games to take pictures and write about them and stuff, so just don't be dicks please." Kena says, then covers her mouth, "Sorry Coach," she says sheepishly.

"Carter I like your friends too. You girls can call me Robert." He says smiling at them. They smile back and I see Dylan staring at Kena in a sort of trance.

"Anyways well let you practice, but would you mind letting one of them help us get the camera stuff out of the car for the pictures and videos?" I ask Robert.

"Of course, Noah could you go help?"

"Yes Coach." he replies in his sexy ass voice. Oh my god literally fuck me.

"Think inside your head sweetheart," Kena whispers to me. I just laugh realizing I said that out loud.

"Nothing I said was invalid."

"Fair enough."

We get to the car with Noah in tow keeping quiet but listening to our conversation about who we should interview first.

"Noah?" I ask which surprises him a little. He looks up and nods his head a bit. "Who do you think we should interview for the front, you're one of them obviously, because you're the captain, but as the captain you probably know the best players and stuff so would you mind helping us out." I ask. God I always ramble around this guy what's wrong with me.

"Uh, yeah, Dylan, Seth and Ollie are all good, so is Henry, and Damon. Plus they're probably the only ones who will not try to impregnate you while you ask them about the sport they play." He says with a small smile at me. He's only looking at me, so I assume he doesn't really want to talk to Kena or Maddie.

"That's the longest sentence I've ever heard you say." Kena deadpans which earns her a smack from Maddie.

I just laugh and he chuckles a little, glancing over at the girls, who are now giggling.

"Im sorry about Kena, she's a little bit, how do I put this nicely? She's- a little bit of a blunt bitch." I say more towards Kena who glares at me.

"Hey! At least I'm not fake," she says and twirls her hair, "Oh my god Noah please talk to me, ahaha, I'm Shelly remember? your so funny even though you've never said anything to me before." She says in a high pitched annoying tone perfectly mimicking Michelle. I make eye contact with Maddie and we both burst out laughing while Noah looks at us with amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Come on guys we have to get me back to practice or Coach will throw a fit, he may like you guys, but he will make me run laps," Noah says quickly grabbing like 90% of the camera equipment from the back of my Bronco.

"Okay, okay Mr. Grumpy pants we're going, chill the fuck out." I say to him which earns me a glare from him but he has a small smile playing on his lips.

We get back to the field and I go down and take some shots of the guys while Kena and Maddie set up the stuff for interviews on the bleachers for after.

After their practice I go back up the bleachers to wait with Kena and Maddie while they all shower and change.

Robert comes up to us.

"Girls, who are you thinking about putting as the main guys? I just wanted to make sure that they know so they aren't freaked out."

"Noah told us our best bets would probably be him, obviously since he's captain, Dylan, Seth, Ollie, Hunter, and Damon, if that's alright with you. We only need 6 so that was perfect the others quotes might go into captions and the copies though so, we do still need to interview all of them."

"Of course there is 26 guys on the team so you might want to set up more times too than just after practices and you can ask any of them at any time, I already told you I threatened them so..." he trails off.

"Yeah thank you Robert it means a lot that your being so chill about this," Maddie says.

"Of course. You girls let me know if any of them both you alright?"

"Okay thank you Robert!" Kena says happily, knowing that she'll probably get some poor boys to run laps for the next 2 months.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 7.6K 31
I pull up outside of his house and I don't move, "Want me to stay here so you have a ride home?" She shakes her head, "No. I'll probably get a ride f...
133K 3.7K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...
401K 11.2K 40
Kierra Rogers is a shy, smart student who stays out of the spotlight. She also has a secret and a past that still effects her. Jordan Williams is the...
1.1M 23.7K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...