A Life I Could Never Dreamed...

himani1411

Mahabharata. A tale of victory of Justice over injustice. A tale of sacrifices. A tale of diplomacy. The tale... Еще

something about me
Surprise gift. but for whom?
meddling with time?
A special chapter
An official meeting
meetings the pandavas
expecting the unexpected
what's right thing to do?
A little talk
its been days...
Gouri pujan
the ratings
the incrwonation
leaving Hastinapur...
hell broke loose..
the ratings
journey to Dwarka..
Reunion with Kahna
Journey continues
who am i?
Truths
different direction
ranking
where is Adrika?
New Avatar
New place dynamics
author's note...
Adrika
The Strategist Role
the talk
A Chalenge
Here It Is..
Return to the time line...
some confusion
Major heart break
Fall out
It's becoming complicated.
Big Dissions
Journey to Hasthinapur once again
A Time Changing Friendship
Business deal
Truth
His for ever
Khandavprasth
Indraprastha
Changes
Parth
Parth 2
A problem
A marriage or a conflict
Marriage of the century
The happy days
Time takes turns
World fall apart
The next generation
The city of Seasons
Days in Island
The meet alash
Father
Family and moments
The things needed to sort
War of words
Alliances
War
The Falen Warriors
Vishma vadh
Chakravyuh
let's have some fun
Beginning of the end
Thank you
Letters
the sequel
Announcement
Announcement 2

The Ultimate Sacrifice

4.1K 146 237
himani1411

Adrika's POV

          The last day of the epic. I woke up very very early. My husband's innocent sleeping face was right besides my hands. Seemed like he was holding my hand to his face while sleeping. I carefully moved out of the bed, got ready and went out. First I visited my force. They were all awake and preparing. My force didn't face much casualties like others. We lost three werewolves and one elves till now. Which was a good result for war like this. I spent the early morning with them. Then I went to see my healers. They all worked really hard during these days. They all look exhausted yet energetic at the same time. They greeted me and told me about the preparation they were doing. I spent a long while with them as well. It was almost time for war when I reached my camp. They were ready.

"There you are. Adrika. They all are waiting for you." Droupadi said.

"I was just... " I was saying when I saw the brothers. "Tilak to kia nai abtak tumne Droupadi."
(You haven't perform tilak till now.)

"That's why they are waiting. Pratibandhya's request actually. His theory that his Maa has so much power that if she starts the day it will beneficial. "

        She said and everyone laughed. I didn't argue. What ever suits her. I took the thali she was passing me and went to Jyesth. Whenever I look at him I could see respect, admiration for me. But this time, I only saw love in his eyes. Nothing else. When I went to apply the vermilion, as a small woman I need to stand on tip toes. But he hold my hand to stop me. I looked at him confused. Then he bend down to my level. This was a small gesture, but was too powerful. I put the vermilion on his forehead.

"Do you recall our first meeting Adrika? You didn't let me bow for you to put the circlet on me. But you earned it. You are and always will be the only lady I will bow down to." He said holding his hands out to hug me. I had no problem giving into that.

             All the brothers followed their eldest and bowed down to me when it was there turn. The chain broke at Sutosom who had quite a hight on me decided he would do anything to not let me touch him. Everyone laughed at his practical joke at the end Prithvi who was standing next to him hold the back of his neck and forced him to bow, while showing no emotions.

"It's not fair." Som yelled after I was successful.

"Thank you son." I said to Prithvi. He smiled playfully before saying

"Anything for you Adrika!" In a heavy tone.

"Did he just imitate me? Did you just imitate me? Oh.. You are in big trouble young man." Dristadyumn yelled from one corner. This cracked me off. I laughed.

"There it is. You idiots owe me now." Prithvi said to his brothers and I looked at everyone with confusion.

"We didn't get a chance." Shree protested.

"Your problem. Not mine." Prithvi said.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Your sons are playing a game, who will cheer you up first. After.." Nakul stopped.

"Angraj Karn was a dear friend, brother and one of the most amazing person I am lucky to have a chance of meeting. I adored him dearly and his passing will affect me for rest of my life. But I have his happy memories with me and I know for certain that he won't want me to be pining over him." I said to myself.

"That's right.. Ang.. Jyesth loved you so much. When it came to you he was ready to give up anything. So yah.. He won't want you to suffer." Parth said.

"And you have these idiots and me to cheer you up." Prithvi said putting his arm around a still frowning Som. I chuckled again. What would I do without you my babies? "See.. You guys didn't had a chance." He sassed.

"You are the eldest right.. So you are also the biggest idiot among them. Now be serious. You are heading to war." I said before going to Aadi.

"Nothing will happen to them Maa. And today we will win the war. You will see." Abhi said. He was still recovering so no way I was going to allow him to go to war.

"Who said you are going to win the war? Nothing you can do to win the war. Remember it.. Carve it in your brain as deep as you possibly can. No one wins the war. You survive it." I said in a heavy tone.

"Does not matter what the results are! In your favours or your opponent's! None of you will win. Because it's the war that wins. War always wins. The thing that you call winning is just the survival." I continued

"You talk like war is a living things." Shrutasen said.

"Yes young prince. Your mother been to enough war to see the true form of it. Lost enough to fear it." Legolas said. I smiled at him. He was there in several of them. I moved to Dristadyumn.

"War is powerful. We face it. We try to survive. But when we do, we left scared for life. Scares on body and soul."

       I said tracing my fingers on a nasty scar on his arm. He looked at me and stopped my fingers by holding my hand. I looked up as he was giving me a sympathetic look. I turned to my kids.

"Respect the war. Then the sacrifice of them who it took. Maybe then maybe there is a chance you would find some peace surviving it." I said. "Understood?"

"Yes Maa." They all said.

"Now go. Prepare your rides yourself. No helps. This is your punishment for being reckless." I said. They all gave submissive bows and left.

"It's astonishing how easily arrogance can be gained." Bhrata krishn said.

"Ability in such young age as them. Arrogance isn't avoidable. But we need to know when to pull the lace." I said.

"Good God you are here. No one can approach them like you did." Jyesth said. I smiled at him.

         That day we didn't get much casualties. So Helisha took over instead of me, it gave me time to spend some time with my daughter, Uttara and Subhadra. I felt like I was in indraprastha before everything went down. When we had a beautiful and peaceful life. My days with Droupadi and Subhadra. She also joined us after a while. And in a long while I was happy. Truly happy. Towards mid day we started getting news of battle field. We heard that Bhrata Duryodhan gone into hiding and the war officially over. But as per his promise bhrata bhim had to kill him. Then there was a news that made my heart cheery like a toddler. Dau was here. He came down to meet us. One look at him and all these years of pain vanished. He always fill me up with a sense of security. I was always safe with him.

"My fire flower. " He said holding his arm out. I ran into it. And broke down crying.

"You did great my baby.. Why are you crying? You did better than mine and Kahna's imagination. I'm so proud of you. So proud." He said while stroking my head.

"I thought.. I thought I would..." I chocked

"Shhhh... I know. I know. But see. I'm here. aren't I?" He said. "We don't have much time dearie. I need to go to them. I will see you soon." I left him finally.

"Yah.. I will be waiting. Here." I said wiping my face.

"Subhadra.. Take care of your jiji for me ok?" He said to her softly.

      She just beamed up as Baldau asked her to take care of me. It was always the other way around. I smiled at him. We waited anxiously for any news. But they all came back with the news of Bhrata Duryodhan fatally wounded in fight with no chance of survival. It's ended. I sighed. The bad blood was purified. It's all came down to this moment. I hugged my husband. I didn't care where I was. I felt him chuckled. I never showed but it didn't mean I wasn't scared for him. He was and will be my everything. I didn't even wanted to think what would happen if I had to live without him. I was not in favour of 'Sati' but now I could see why some women did it willingly. Maybe at that state of mind, death seem to be better option than living without the man you love the most.

"I'm alright." He said softly. I didn't let him go.

"Shut up." I said. To which he chuckled.

"Adrika we all are here." I heard Parth.

"I can see you." I said not moving.

"So do we. We can see you Adrika." He said.

"Good to know your tremendous eyesight parth." I said again. God this man.

"Parth. Take a hint. She is saying she doesn't care." My brother said. I sighed.

"My heart was in my mouth all these year. Over.. Finally." I said and left my husband.

"I was going to complain you love your kids more. Now I won't." He said.

"How's he?" I asked my brother. No need to mention who I was talking about.

"Fatal. Won't last long." He said. I nodded, I could feel my tears. I don't know why... After all this I lost my ability to hate or anger. I was just at peace. Hurt. Sure. But peaceful.

"well... I.. Um.. You all take rest.. I'll be with you in some time." I said.

"Where to.... Maa... Maa..." I heard prithvi yelled. But I didn't answer him.

         I took the horse from a soldier and rode to their camp. I met gurudev Kripacharya outside who just bowed in respect and asked me the cause of my presence. I looked up to him. Maybe my tear stained face gave him his answers. He smiled.

"Came to see your brother dear? Ah.. I miss time when we could distinguish between good and bad. Right and wrong. Gray wasn't a shade back then. Well. What can I say? We didn't had complexities of personalities like you. I can take you to him girl. But what for?" He asked.

"Maybe when you can see gray, you will understand gurudev." I said.

        He nodded and lead me to a camp. When I reached there I saw blood everywhere. A white cloth that covering bhrata Duryodhan's lower half of the body was covered in blood. I gasped to which he looked up and smiled.

""As much as I know she can defend herself.. I forbid anyone from touching her." He said to everyone present in the room. They all stand down. I didn't know if they intended to attack me or not. I just didn't care.

"Jyesth.. " A sob escaped from my lips. He gave a faint smile.

"Walking away from you that day didn't work right? You are here with tears for me. I'm here breaking from those tears. But that doesn't mean the enmity is over." He said. I didn't want him to suffer like this.

"For us it is. And I don't want to hear what ever you are planning.. I just.." I said desperately for him to calm down.

"Come here sweetie.." He called. I went to him and sat. I touched his legs and he winced in pain. I jerked my hands back. I could not understand what I was feeling.

"Maybe... I ca.. Can heal.." I was saying but he didn't let me finish

"No my sister.. It's not worth trying. I'm ready to go. Maybe if I could make it up for my sins in some birth and then I would have you. We would have a relation like you and bhim."

         He said and made me smile. He did smile too. I took out a potion from my dress and gave it to the healer.

" Mix it with turmeric, pinza phul and ghee. Make a paste to apply. It will reduce the pain." I instructed. I turned to him. He was holding my one hand.

"Take care of everyone. Mata, pitashri... Kalashri vidur. Can you do that for me?" He asked.

"I will. They will be fine. Try to sleep now." I said.

"Will you be staying with me?" He asked. "Will they let you?" I smiled.

"Sure." I said softly.

      He griped me hand little tighter and slowly fall asleep. I slipped my hand out of his iron grip and kissed his forehead. I needed to leave otherwise I would try to heal him. I walked away. When I reached my horse I heard my name being called. I saw a figure running towards me. Ashwatthama. He stopped in front of me. He just stood there looking at me. But his eyes. It shows a man who has been in war with himself. And he was badly loosing. I was looking into my eyes for answers. I gave him a kind smile. Which maybe broke him even more. I could see pain in his face. Internal pain. Spiritual.

"The answers you have been looking kumar, I don't have them." I said smiling. He looked panicked and hurtful.

"Please.. Adrika.." He pleaded.

"You know my answers." I said. He looked even more in pain. I close the gap of two step between us to hold his hand and put his thumb on my pulse point.

"These are my children." I said. He looked up to my eyes. I cupped his face with my both hand.

"I don't know what you are to me. Never wonder. Never cared. Just have a greater respect for you. Always had. I saw you being protective over me. Rise weapon for me. Hurt in my sorrow." I said looking into his eyes. Then  I cupped his face with my both hand. He leaned into the touch.

"May be it's time for me to say goodbye to you. Kumar Ashwatthama. My most uncertain relationship. My friend."

        I stepped back and left him standing there. Froze. I didn't look back. I knew what I left there. There was no turning back. I let out a sigh and went to my family.

Third person POV

          No one asked her where she was. She didn't said anything either. They all took their dinner and sat around fire. Telling tales. Singing songs. A big happy family. Things got to how they met Adrika.

"He froze?" Aadi asked astonishingly to Arjun who was telling them Nakul and Adrika's first meeting.

"Oh.. Absolutely. Adrika was looking at me for answers. But your father he was just stopped." He said earning laughs.

"You are seriously telling these to our children, Parth?" Adrika asked not looking up from a book she was reading.

"We are adults. At least I am. So go on." Prativindhya said. Adrika just shook her head smiling.

"You remember the temper tantrum when Adrika didn't said anything about the epic Anklets?" Bhrata bhim said.

"That wasn't.." Nakul defended but no one heard him.

"Epic Anklets?" Abhi asked.

"This one." Adrika said pulling her dress higher to show the anklets she was wearing.

"Wow..." Uttara said.

"You are still wearing it?" Droupadi said.

"It was his first gift. The most charming prince of his age sat on his knees put it on my feet. What better way of knowing that he was the one than this?" She replied.

"That Aadi and Vriti are your parents. You just can't understand them." Sahadev said.

"That's why the tantrum! He expected appreciation for his gesture not the anklet." Bhim said

"I remember he did was upset when I didn't said anything." Adrika said closing her book.

"Like you don't have any stories." Nakul said.

"Because I don't." Adrika said reopening the book.

"Sure you do." Subhadra said. "Somnath. 4years after Aarya's exile."

"That doesn't count." Adrika said.

"Masi don't hear her. Tell us what happened?" Vriti said.

"Well Jiji was home after 4 years with my two devars. So bhrata Krishn took us to festival at Somnath. There was this beautiful princess from chola. She took a real interest in my devar ji here. After all he was the most handsome prince of his time. Still is. And wasn't married. So it was obvious. Jiji didn't liked it. So she cornered the girl and threatened her that if she ever found her around HER prince again, she would personally kill her." Subhadra said and everyone looked at Adrika.

"You did that?" Droupadi asked. Adrika rolled her eyes.

"You were actually jealous? Wow! That's the best compliment I got." Nakul said.

"I wasn't jealous and this story doesn't count." Adrika said calmly.

"Why not?" Abhi asked.

"Because Chola dynasty don't have a girl in 3 generations now. She wasn't a princess. She was an assassin. Came to kill us." Adrika said placing the book down and looking at everyone. They all looked at each other.

"How did you know?" Arjun asked.

"There were three men. Bhrata Krishn was with Rukmini bhavi. Aarya was with me. Even we introduced ourselves to her as a couple. Chhote kumar was alone that time. In a normal circumstances a girl will choose him. But he was just too smart for her. And she had a secret. So she went for Aarya instead to get close to us." Adrika said.

"I wasn't stupid either." Nakul said in a defensive voice.

"In case of women.. You are. You were stupid enough to think I choose Parth." Adrika said. Then looked at Arjun "No offence parth. Warriors aren't very appealing to me."

"You made it loud and clear." Dritadyumn said. Adrika gave him a look. And he smirked. Everyone laughed at both.

"Guilty." Nakul said.

"Uufff.. Wow.. What happened to her after that?" Uttara asked.

"I don't know. I never saw her after that." Subhadra said.

"Maa... What happened to her?" Abhi asked suspiciously.

"I killed her." Adrika said normally before going back to her book. Everyone looked at each other

"That was dark." Arjun said. "It was great. We should do this more often."

"Yah.. Whole family together." Bhim said.

"This won't be happening regularly though." Srutasena said. That caught Adtika's attention. "We will join higher education in Island."

"Right.. They have been talking about it for a long time now." Jyesth said.

"They have done enough for the family. Now its time for us to do something for them. Let's make a promise, we will let them take their own decision." Adrika said. Everyone agreed.

           The camp fall silent with night getting deeper. Everyone fall asleep except for Adrika. She was standing by the door. Anxious eyes waiting for something. Steady finger running along the edge of the sword. Then she heard it. The sound of attack. She looked back to her sleeping husband and said

"I'm sorry my love."

         And went out. Fighting with the army she saw a force apart from her was also resisting them. Her shadows. They were assassins. And this was a assassination attack. That meant they could fight. So they did. Adrika saw a glimpse of Ashwatthama and ran but he just vanished and in front of her was the most horrific scene she ever seen. The sword fell from her hand and a heartbreaking sob escaped. Dritadyumn laying in the pieces of own flesh and blood looked up to the woman of his heart. Adrika fall near him. His eyes were following her every move. She carefully pick him up into her lap. She didn't know what to do. First time in ever. She didn't know.

"Finally in your arms..." Dritadyumn said in a soft voice. Adrika was crying her eyes out.

"Don't speak.. You are.. Oh my god... What.. What I'm gonna do.." She said panicking. It hit her unexpectedly. She maybe forgot what else was going to happen that night.

"Adrika.. We both know it's my end. Let me spend it peacefully with you. I want to look at those beautiful blue eyes of yours as last thing in this world" He said. Adrika cried harder. She wasn't ready to loose him.

"Don't say it Dristadyumna.. Please. I can heal you. I can.. Just like last time." She more like consoled herself. He smiled.

"I am broken beyond repair Adrika. And I guess I don't want to be repaired now. I don't have anything to live for. Sons are no more. Father and sister too. Wife won't last long once she get the news about the kids. Now I am ready. See.. You are holding me like the most precious thing of your life. Crying for me. I can expect this much from this life." He said.

"You are precious to me. I have only one of you. No one can have the relation that you have with me." She said. Her tears were washing the blood from his face. Calming him.

"Right. It's better than being your husband. Where love is paired with responsibility and expectations. Mine is pure. I just love you. No expectations for anything." It made her smile.

"I wouldn't put it that way but sure." She said stroking his hair. They were two people at the gate of death. Just hanging and hackling for some moment more to spend.

"We will be same in all other births if I have you in my life in those. I promise. I will be always with you... Look at me Adrika.. I want to see those eyes.. They look like nebula." He said.

       He couldn't hackle anymore and got his dream death in the arms of his beloved and most importantly the forbidden love. She didn't realize for some time. She just sat there stroking his head. The shock had gained her a temporary insanity. But it didn't last long. She placed his body on floor, kissed his forehead and said

"I grant you your last wish, you will be my companion for eternity. Don't worry dear. You don't have to wait. I won't be long. I'm coming too. Untill then, sleep well. I love you my friend."

           Ashwatthama was burning with rage while he attacked Dritadyumn. He was taking revenge of his father but there was another reason to that. He was trying to destroy everything Adrika loved to get that anger from her. But he knew he failed when he saw her holding Dritadyumn's dead body close to hers and going through insanity. It wasn't anger, it was pain. Maybe for a little while but the pain was too much to send the learned Adrika Idivita to insanity. He ran to the camp of her sons. He wanted to reach there before Adrika comes out of that state. But a girl stopped him. She was defending the camp like her life depending on it. He didn't wanted to kill her. But she was stubborn. So he had to knock her up. By the time he reached there, it was late. She was there. Waiting for him. Sword in hand. Determination in eyes. No rage. Hate. Only determination to not let him pass.

"Step aside Adrika.. I don't wanna hurt you." He tried again. He didn't. He really didn't.

"You have to cross me if you wish to go to my children." She said calmly. The Adrika he saw at war was nothing like this one.

"Don't make me do this Adrika. You don't know the consequences." He pleaded. He wanted her to see from his eyes. The truth of the universe she didn't know. Dark truth.

"I don't care for consequences if it is a question of my children's lives. I'm just their mother right now Ashwatthama." She said. He was expecting that. She had lost her ability to see the larger picture. And in her short sight she was punishing him.

"You don't understand. I've part of Rudra in me.. And you are a part of Aadishakti. I can't hurt you. If I do everything positive inside me will die. With your every wound an evil will born inside me. I won't be me anymore. Please Adrika don't make me do this." He did the last attempt.

"My sons will live." She said and hold up her sword.

        And he attacked. The powers of devine were clashing. Maybe the this was the feel of apocalypse everyone imagine. This was the battle that ends the worlds. A mother protecting her children. For Adrika world was already been in second place. Reasoning was pointless. She had a motive. And it was impossible to stop her. But very much possible to hurt her. Ashwatthama's blade was killing her sons inside her. So that her sons would live outside of it. He slashed her right wrist and said

"For Prativindhya..." But he didn't stop
Next was the left wrist.

"For Adhrith.. " Then the right vein of neck.

"For Sutosom.. " Left vein.

"For Srutakarma.." At last the levers.

"For Srutasen... "

       That was good enough for her to fall. But he didn't let her. He hold her by her waist. He was desperate to see pain in her eyes but all he saw was peace. The smile on her rose petal lips were taunting him. Breaking him. He wanted her to feel the same pain he was feeling from hurting her. He shook her to make her stay conscious.

"See.. See Adrika.. What you did.. You created a monster." He said in attempt to see hate in her eyes for him. Maybe that would give him a reason to hate her. But it didn't. She didn't give him the satisfaction of hate. But she gave him the burden of her kindness, love and smile.

"My sons will live now..." She said as he put the dagger slowly into her heart. Tears flooded his face. It looked like the dagger was going through his heart instead of her.

"Jiji..... ..... " He heard a cry. He looked at the woman in his arms. Still beautiful. Still serene. He kissed her forehead out of love or hate even he didn't know. He lost that thin line a long time ago. He released her body from his embrace and left.

          Her body fall on now a flowerbed. Nature could not see her daughter's agony. She spread flower for her brave daughters death bed. The hard soil of Kurukshetra soften like butter.

Subhadra was standing there. Numb. Emotionless. And broken. Her jiji was spread in front of her in the pool of her own blood. Subhadra was horrified at the scene. She was screaming but sound wasn't coming out of her. Finally a gut crunching scream went out that had the effect of an earthquake. Devi Yogmaya was loosing a part of her. Everyone came to her but the horror on their face was melted immediately at the sight. Their most beloved was there. Except for blood Adrika looked like she was sleeping like a baby. No one has the strength or courage to go to her. The nature was stopped. So did everyone. It seemed like every creation of God was mourning.

"Adrika..." Vasudev Krishn's airy voice said and Adrika took a breath. Everyone rushed to her but when they reached Adrika was sleeping in Subhadra's lap. Subhadra was no longer able to control the Maya. She was now behaving like a Goddess she was. They were at the presence of Yogamaya at last. Adrika smiled at her, she smiled back.

"What did you done my sister.. What did you done.." Droupadi cried.

"I.. I.. I saved our sons. With my life. Like you asked me to." Adrika chocked on her own blood. Subhadra wiped her mouth like a mother.

"I didn't.. I.. I didn't mean that.. I could never mean that." Droupadi cried harder.

"You did. Not this manner. But you did. Five death was destined here. I couldn't change that, but I could change which five. Five elements that made me died in me instead of my five sons." Adrika said. Talking was painful but it was her only chance to talk to her family.

"You did this? How could you do this to her?" Prithvi asked his mother.

"I did.. My baby.. I did. No one but I had the ability to choose. Promise me prithvi.. You will.. Will.. Love your mothers as much as you love me." She said holding her hand out to him. He cried holding her hand. Adrika did too.

"Droupadi.. You have five of them.. Can I keep this one?.... Please?" Adrika asked innocently. It made everyone cry. Droupadi nodded. "Th... Thank you."

"Are.. Are you angry... ?" She then asked to her brother. "I'm scared bhrata Krishn.."

"No meri behna.. I can't.. I. You did what you are supposed to do my dearie. You always said na... We will cross the bridge when we reach that. To ab dar kesa?" He said kissing her hand.

(What's the fear?)

"Yah.. Jyesth.. Bhrata bhim... Parth.. I can't save you anymore.. So.. No stupid decisions please. I'm retiring." She said. Made them crack a laugh. They did felt the protection on him lifting.

"After making us all in your debt. Great plan Adrika. Why? Why you have to leave when everything was finally alright?" Arjun said.

"Because I had a motive of life. To save you. Everyone. And now that you are safe, I don't have one. I have to go. Maybe another adventure waiting somewhere.. Who knows what death is? Let me find out." She said to her friend. Arjun laughed at her dark humor.

"Living with us isn't motive enough for you?" Adhrith asked angrily.

"Aadi.. Living with you is the only thing I cared about darling.. And for that I needed to keep you alive. Aren't I..? I don't have much long.. We butted  heads all these years son.. I'm tired now. For one time let's not fight over who is right.. Please.." Adrika said and coughed some more blood. To which Subhadra wiped off on her clothes.

"I can't say anything you don't already know my sister.. I.. Take care of my kids.. Our kids.. And Island. Ulupi.. Ulupi is running it now.. Until.. Kids.. Kids aren't ready.. Help her.." Adrika chocked.

"I know jiji.. I'll do as you wish. I always did. You were my light.. But now I have to be. But not for long I afraid." Subhadra said. Two sisters had a bond that nobody ever understood.

"Chhoti bhavi.. You.. You promised me.. We will go away.. We will travel.." Sahadev said.

"I did. I'm sorry my chhote kumar.. I don't have time for that. But please.. You do that. Travel.. And.. Leave my memories in the places you visit." She said.

"Vriti..." She called. Calm and collected girl sat down with her mother.

"Don't worry Mumma.. I'll manage everything. Like always." She said. Adrika cried at her mature daughter. Cried out of pride. Her eyes turned to her husband. His darkened face was enough to state what was he going through. Adrika just cried...

"I'm so sorry.. So.. I'm so sorry." She cried.

"Why... Why.. Why I have to live all these years in a fear of you leaving? Why I have to give up everything.. Why you always get to do what you want to do.. Why?" Nakul said in greeted teeth. He was angry. Angry with everything. Including her.

"I told you not to marry me. I'm nothing but trouble." She said. He didn't smile. "You are my only regret love.. Only thing that I know I didn't give justice to. I knew all my life that I will end up hurting you.. Mata prakriti knew too. That's why she tricked me. In our wedding she gave you powers, to control my death. Until you give permission I couldn't die. She loves you more. Because you loves her daughter more than her."

"Then how...? I didn't gave permission.." Nakul asked.

"You did. In war... Chakravyuh... Abhi was.. You prayed. You gave your everything... That was me. Your everything." She said, her breathing was getting hoax.

"She is fading." Subhadra said.

"But you gained a boon from me by that.. Ask love.. Anything. Except me." She said.

"Your fight. I was never part of your fight. Your struggle. I want it. In all other births I want to be a part of the fight. I will stay with you." He asked. Adrika nodded.

"I promise.." Her eyes light up.. It was a indication that her conscious was fading. "Is it sunrise yet Bhrata krishn?" She asked. Krishn vasudev's tears chocked his voice. The Devine was broken by a mortal.

"Not yet meri behna" He said to his loving sister.

"Oh.. Kurukshetra has best sunrise. Kind of hoping to see it for the last time. It's fine. Star filled sky is also very beautiful." She said in an innocent voice. Her body was radiating.
"Maa..." Prithvi gave an yelp..

"Not anything else now Prithvi. I'm tired of answering questions. I should just close my eyes now. Subhadra please tell them to be quite. I'm sleepy."

        Those were the last words of great Adrika Idivita. A plead to her sister that she wanted to sleep. After a tiered life of chaos she wanted to sleep. She left with such gaps in the people's life that they never could fulfill. She united the family. After her passing they get to know a lot of things. Duryodhan died after he got the news of her passing. His last words were he would meet his sister now. King Dhritarashtr came to Pandavas to see her for the last time. To ask for forgiveness. He got the letter about her third and last wish to him. She asked him to be the teacher, mentor, advisor and guide for who ever was her next kin to the throne of Island. Most probably Vritika. She did set all her affairs in order before passing. As per Aadi and Vriti's choice she was taken to the island for the people of island to mourn her. They left her body to nature. In a flower bed like all other prakriti kanya before her.

          May be that was life. Irony of it. Or the taunt of death. The woman who protected everyone was all alone in her need. Brothers like Krishn and balram, mighty brother in laws like bhim and Arjun, the best swords man in the history as husband, able sons like Adhrith and Abhimanyu, she had all the protection in the world. Yet it wasn't able to fight death. It came for her and she accepted it. Like an old friend.

The end...

You can stop here. Accept this ending. But if you are ready for another adventure. Go down.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.

Adrika's POV

         At the last moment of my life the when my whole life was passing in front of me I get to know what they mean by being ready to go. The peace of having a good life. I did. I had a great life. Short but amazing. I had my fare share of adventure. Love. Children. Friends. Family. I met God. Travelled. Ruled. Fought. People aren't able to say they did half of it. I was satisfied with my death. Happy. I was ready to go. I was ready to fall asleep forever. I cleared my mind from all thoughts. Come on death lets get rolling.

         Then suddenly I felt myself waking up. That could not be right. Maybe it's just afterlife. Maybe it's heaven. Or hell. Stop this idiocy Adrika. You are simply not dead. Maybe bhrata Krishn saved me. I opened my eyes slowly. I wasn't in camp anymore. I must have out for a long while then. A bed. Soft.. Way soft.. This wasn't any room in Hastinapur, Indraprastha, Dwarika, virat.. It wasn't even any room in Island. This wasn't a palace but a bedroom... A massive white and gray bedroom. A modern bedroom...

       Did I just woke up in my time? Oh... Shit... No.. No... No... No.. This could not be happening.. No.. But it was happening. I was in a modern, luxurious bedroom... Wait... This wasn't my room. My apartment didn't gave this filthy rich vibes. Then where was I? Think Adrika.. Think.. Use your brain for once.. What you remember.. Bhrata Krishn.. Something.. Anything.. He must have said something.. He must have given you anything... Think. Just think about him. Trace your steps back Adrika.. The key to this world must be the point you left it. Completely.. My wedding. That was the last time I talked to him about it. He said my time was running without me. That means it's future. Preachy. I was in a world I know nothing about it. I started hyperventilating. My head was spinning. I tried to stand up but fall on the bed because my knees gave out. Get it together Adrika, if it was actually future then much more things must have changed not just the size of your bed room. I gave out a sigh to calm myself and looked at the night stand. There was water. I stretched my right hand to get it then I saw something on it. Oh.. Dear.. Something shiny.. A diamond.. Yes it was confirmed that it's future.

       Then the door to the walk-in closets opened and in walks a devilishly handsome man. I froze... Nakul.. No.. But it wasn't him.. It was him. But something was different that I couldn't put my fingers on. It wasn't making any sense. His eyes land on me. And a familiar smile greeted me.

"Oh.. Good you are awake.. Love.. I need to head down to the office for couple of hours. Something major came up. I was thinking about waking you up before leaving. But then I thought why bother you. Considering how little you sleep." He said while walking around the room picking up his things. Then he stand near the dresser to do God knows what. My eyes were following him. "By the way darling.. Ginny and kev can't make it today. " He said. His way of talking was familiar. It must be someone I knew. I need to make sure who it was.

"Nakul.." I whispered. He nodded and said

"I know right.. So not cool. Friends ditching us." No.. At least his name wasn't Nakul. Then who the hell is he.

"What date is it?" I asked hesitated.

"Yah.. Right like you will actually forget the day of your Marriage Anniversary." Wait what.. Could this be any difficult? "Speaking of which.. Your wood theme party is ready. I checked my self."

           Wood theme marriage anniversary. Which means.. I have been married to him for five years. Great.. Wow... And I didn't even know who he was.

"We have been married for five years." I said. He looked at me. I felt my pupils dilating. Concern spread on his face. He ran to me.

"Love.. Are you ok? You look sick.." He said holding my face in his hands. He then took my wrist for pulses. "God your heart is beating fast. Calm down dear.. What is happening? You sleep.. Sometimes might have picked your anxiety. I bet it's those nightmares. I'm canceling all your plans." He took out a transparent piece of glass. I assumed it was a phone. He stood up and called. I just took the water from the night stand.

"Hello.. Yah.. Cancel all the plans for Rika till noon. And divert all her calls and emails to me... Ok.. Thanks." He said in phone and I froze again. Only one person in this universe called me Rika.

"Sky?"

"Yes Love?"

AN
Sequel on it's way.......

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

3.4K 246 31
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・*✧・゚:*✧・゚: 🅂🄴🅀🅄🄴🄻 🅃🄾 🄺🄰�...
46.7K 2.5K 32
What if there was a twin of Shrutakarma and that too a GIRL? What if she was ignored by her parents? What if she got the fatherly love from the perso...
The Tumble Through Time ...

Исторические романы

332K 14.1K 76
*COMPLETED* [30k+ words] A 21st century girl time travels to an alternate universe in the 3000 BC era which is believed to be the era of Mahabharata...
Tampered [SLOW UPDATES] Pragati

Исторические романы

166K 9.9K 51
This is the story of two assassins, who travel back in time to the era of the Mahabharata..... ----------- Dishita and Aditya, two master assassins...