Inglorious Bastards [Theodore...

By Y_Allen

This is the rewrite of my fanfic BLACK. It is a series and has a different ending! CARINA BLACK could not be... More

The Seven Prophecies
Prologue
PART I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
PART II
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
PART III
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
PART IV
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
PART V
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
PART VI
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
PART VII
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Thank you!
SEQUEL

Chapter Eleven

4.7K 184 86
By Y_Allen

Even though their term involved with trolls, three-headed dogs, dragons, Philosopher's Stones, midnight strolls at the Forest, and resurrected Dark Wizards, it was important not to forget that Hogwarts was still a school. Though magical, it was still a place of learning; meaning, homework was still inevitable, and as well as the most dreaded part of every school term. Final exams. Mountains of books cluttered the beds of many students of all Houses and Years. In the Gryffindor girl's dormitory, Carina and Hermione made a little study session for themselves, where they shared one bed, shared books, and quizzed each other for each lecture. It was one of the few girl-moments they shared – studying – and it enjoyed them to see that each have different kinds of ways to study: Hermione and her muttering, and Carina with her pacing and jumping around while remembering information, and sometimes hanging upside down.

The day of the exams came, and many of the students came out of their classes with dreadful looks. But for Hermione, who seems to be enjoying tests after tests, and would probably be the top student of their year. Not that they doubted her intelligence. And finally, after days and days of torture – as Roman put it – they have finished their last exam, which was Potions.

"I'd heard Hogwart's final exams were frightful, but I found them enjoyable." Hermione smiled.

Roman appeared at Hermione's side, his auburn hair disarranged from the constant hair-pulling while at the exam.

"Why don't you join Theodore and gloat, Hermione – I swear, he doesn't seem to look a bit tired from the exams." Roman said.

"Honestly,, I want to bury my head into the dirt, my head is killing me." Carina muttered.

"All right there, Harry?" Ron turned to Harry.

"My scar, it keeps burning." Harry told them.

"It happened before, right?" Carina asked him.

"Not like this."

"You should see the nurse." Hermione offered.

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming." They came to the path leading Hagrid's to see if the half-giant was alright after having to say goodbye to Norbert. They found him sitting on his front porch, playing his loot. Harry came to a stop. "No, way..."

"What, what is it?" Carina asked.

"Isn't it odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon." Harry marched towards the hut. "And a stranger just happens to have one? How many people wander around with dragon eggs?"

"You'd be surprised when you look into the black market, Harry." Roman commented.

Ron turned to him with a bewildered look. "Where do you get these ideas anyway?!"

"How did I not see this before?!" Harry groaned. They ran up to Hagrid. "Hagrid, who gave you the egg? What did he look like?"

"I never saw his face. he kept his hood up." Hagrid told them.

"You and this stranger must have talked."

"He wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after." Hagrid shrugged. "I told him, "After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem"."

"Was he interested in Fluffy?"

"Of course he was interested in Fluffy, how often do you come across a three-headed dog? He wondered how I even trained him! But I told him, "the trick with any beast is to know how to calm him!" take Fluffy for example. Play him music and he falls straight to sleep – I shouldn't 'ave told you tha'."

Exchanged looks were made between the first years and immediately they ran back to the castle. Ignoring Hagrid's call after them, asking where they were going. They went to Professor McGonagall, the only person they could trust, and was the Deputy Head Mistress.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore!" Harry told her. Their intrusion causing the witch to be startled.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left." Professor McGonagall informed them.

"He's gone? But this is important! This is about the Philosopher's Stone!" Harry said.

"How do you know –" McGonagall's eyes were wide in shock.

"Please, Aunt Minnie, it's very important, someone is going to try to steal it." Roman hoped that when he used his "nephew-card" would help them. It did receive a look from Ron, who was in shock to hear Roman call their Professor as such.

McGonagall turned to Roman, her eyes softened as she heard his endearing nickname for her. "I don't know how you know about the Stone. But I assure you, it is well protected... now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly?"

Reluctantly, they exited the office but before they could leave, McGonagall called after Roman and told him that they will speak tonight at her office, to which Roman grinned sheepishly as a reply.

"I'm dead." He sighed.

"Good luck." Carina patted his back.

"Your McGonagall's nephew?!" Ron questioned him. "For how long now?!"

"Since I was born?" Roman said, with a confused tone since it was a confusing question.

"We have more important things to deal with right now!" Harry said. "Listen, that was no stranger that Hagrid met, it was Snape. Which means, he know how to get past Fluffy."

"And with Dumbledore gone –" Carina began.

"Good afternoon."

Snape appeared behind Ron. The sound of his voice and his very appearance had chills run down their spine.

"Now, what would you four young Gryffindors and a Slytherin be doing inside on a day like this?" Snape said.

"Well, you know, it's quite hot outside, Professor, and we wouldn't want to get any sunburn –" Roman and Carina tried to reason out.

"That's enough, Alston, Black, you ought to be careful, I don't believe you would want to spend your last week at detention for lying." Snape said. "Now, I would be careful, hanging around like this, people would think you were up to something... and I do believe that Gryffindor could not afford to lose more points."

Carina blushed in embarrassment.

"Be careful, Potter – Black, the next time you wander in night, I will personally have you two expelled." Snape took one last look at Carina and Harry and then left.

"He's really weird." Roman muttered.

"Now, what do we do?" Hermione asked.

"We go to the trap door, tonight." Harry concluded.

Shocked at Harry's conclusion, they all went to a discreet place to talk.

"I didn't think I heard a plan there, mate, might want to elaborate on that first before we jump into the trapdoor – might I remind you that we have a Fluffy-situation?" Roman said in a screaming whisper.

"Well, we know that Fluffly sleeps with music, all we need is something to have him go to sleep." Harry said.

"I could sing." Roman offered. "I was told that I have a lovely voice. Like a nightingale."

"The problem is, Rome, Fluffy's not deaf, and has three pairs of ears – that makes six. So, I'm pretty sure he'd bite your head off the moment you even open your mouth." Carina said. "But don't worry, I have something that could help."

"What, you can play the flute?" Roman mocked.

Rolling her eyes, Carina took out something from her bag. It was a small music box. The music box that Tom has given her. Her mother's music box. She pulled open the lid and music started to play and accompanying that was the dancing ballerina. Gasps of awe were heard from the five. Harry looked in closely at the dancing ballerina and noticed something familiar with it. Glancing up at Carina, he could see the resemblance.

"Perfect, how we have something to get Fluffy to sleep." Hermione said. "Now the enchantments."

"That's what you're good at, 'Mione." Roman smirked. "Next. Who will keep an eye on Snape?"

There was silence for a moment, and then all eyes fell on Roman. It took Roman a while to notice their stares, but when he did, he groaned in disappointment.

"And just as I thought I'd get a bit of action." Roman grumbled.

"And you will, since you're in charge of distracting him – a wild goose chase will be enough." Carina grinned.

"Lucky." Roman pulled her by the low ponytail she had.

"Ow!" Carina punched him at the shoulder.

"Then it's done. Roman is the lookout for Snape, Carina has the music box for the lullaby and Hermione with the spells." Harry said. "We meet in the common room, tonight."

"Not really time-specific, but I'll just go with it." Carina shrugged.

~*~

Night came, and after Lavender and Parvati have fallen asleep, Carina and Hermione slipped out of their beds and met with Ron and Harry at the common room. They were about to walk through the room when they saw the familiar frog sitting on the couch.

"Trevor!" They sighed.

"Trevor, you shouldn't be here!" Ron said.

"Why are you talking to the bloody frog?!" Carina turned to Ron.

"Neither should you." Neville appeared from the couch he hid. "You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

"Neville, listen. We were –" Harry began.

"No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor into trouble again. I'll fight you!" he raised his fists.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry –" Hermione began.

"Petrificus Totalus." Carina cast the spell. And then another to pull a pillow from the couch to catch Neville's head. She turned to Hermione. "You were taking a bit too long."

"And you couldn't have brought him down lightly," Ron spoke.

"Oops." Carina cringed.

Hermione went to grab the blanket from the couch and tucked in Neville, so he wouldn't be cold.

"Shall we?" Hermione said.

As they passed Neville, they all muttered their apologies to him, Ron even went to say, "It's for your own good, you know.". Once out of the Tower, they hid under Harry's cloak, all cramped inside as four was too crowded. Hermione and Ron kept nagging at each other for stepping onto each other's foot but would be shushed by Harry or Carina. A sudden sound of laughter caught their attention, followed by fast footsteps. Running.

"What was that?" Ron whimpered.

"Why does that laugh sound familiar?" Hermione said.

"Roman." Harry and Carina sighed.

And just on cue, a cat ran past them, followed by Roman, and at his tail was Filch. Carina sighed; she couldn't just let him take the fall. Reaching into her pocket, she handed Harry the music box.

"This is where I say goodbye." Carina dramatically said and got out of the cloak.

"What are you doing?!" Ron hissed.

"I can't let Roman take the fall on his own! We're partners – we have the contract and everything! Just remember to keep your heads. And Harry, my music box, don't lose it." Carina said.

"We will, we promise." Harry said.

It was odd for Carina to be speaking at nothing, but she made sure to make a salute towards them before casting a spell to catch Filch and Snape's attention. And not long Carina was in pursuit of the Caretaker, with Roman at her tail, and the bald cat running ahead of them. The last thing that Harry and the other's head of Carina and Roman was their laughter, then the calling of a name, "Lynx, get back here! Or Professor Snape will give me detention!"

"Those two are mental." Ron said in a whisper.

"But they bought us time for the stone." Harry said. "Come on."

~*~

"I have absolutely nothing to say to you two." McGonagall paced around her office as she scolded the two first years standing before her. Panting still, from all the running. Their pajamas all sweaty and legs wobbly and could give in in any minute now if they would not sit down.

After a long chase around the school, Carina and Roman found a dead end, and were eventually caught by Filch, and were brought to McGonagall's office to be punished. Now standing before the furious witch, Roman and Carina petted Lynx's bald head, and listened to her purr, delighted by the attention.

"What you two thinking?" Professor McGonagall turned to them. "I thought your detention with Hagrid was enough for you to learn – and don't even think about lying to me, Roman."

"I won't. I and will never lie to you, Aunti –" He stopped himself before he could continue. "Professor McGonagall..."

"Well?" McGonagall turned to them both.

Carina and Roman glanced at each other, then to the clock at the top of the wall. It has been about an hour and a half since they left their respective common rooms, and another hour and a half since McGonagall has been pacing and scolding them, maybe Harry and the others have already passed the trap door, now, right? McGonagall saw their exchange of glances and knew that something has happened tonight, aside from their wild goose chase.

"Harry did say to tell them eventually." Roman shrugged. "As an S.O.S."

"What do you two mean?"

Turning to Professor McGonagall, they finally told her of the plan. About the suspicion in Snape, about the stone, about Hagrid's three-headed-dog, the stranger who gave him the dragon, the plan to take the stone before Snape does. Alarmed by what she heard, McGonagall fell on her seat, she stared at the two for a moment before leaping to her feet.

"We must inform the Headmaster –"

"There is no need, Professor McGonagall."

Dumbledore appeared, walking into the room. Roman and Carina's eyes widened at the sight of the Headmaster. Roman even fell to the ground in shock, and because his legs gave in. This alarmed McGonagall and went to her nephew's side, while Carina was still with her shaking legs and was looking at Dumbledore's smiling face.

"Let us help the poor lad to the seat." Dumbledore took Roman's other arm and had him sit down. He also ushered Carina to sit, and she immediately collapsed to the bench beside Roman the moment her legs bent. Lynch jumped from the ground and rested on Roman's shaking legs.

"Professor, the Stone – the children." McGonagall began.

"Not to worry, Professor McGonagall, not to worry. All is taken care of. Mister Weasley, Miss Granger, and Mister Potter have been retrieved and are brought to the Hospital Wing to rest." Dumbledore told them.

"They're hurt?!" Carina panicked. "Oh no, Snape must have –"

"Professor Snape, Miss Black. Professor Snape." Dumbledore corrected her. "And it was actually Professor Snape who retrieved Mister Potter, safely..."

"I don't understand." Roman said. "But Professor Snape – he –"

"Was trying to protect you all..." Dumbledore explained to the children calmly of their misconception, how it was Quirrell all along who was after the stone, who sold Hagrid the dragon and let the troll lose that Halloween night. It was Quirrell who it was after the stone. Quirrell had You-Know-Who inside him this whole time. And soon, the realization came to the two friends as now they knew it was actually Quirrell and You-Know-Who that chased them that night at the Forest.

"It seems that your questions have been answered. Now, Professor McGonagall, why don't we escort Mister Alston and Miss Black to the Hospital Wing to rest. It seems that they won't have the strength to climb the stairs to their dorms." A twinkle was seen at Dumbledore's glasses. A hint of  jester in his words.

Roman suddenly raised his arms towards his aunt, waiting to be carried.

"I'm ready." Roman said, grinning.

Carina burst out laughing, while McGonagall smiled at Roman's antics. Thought they didn't get a piggyback ride from the Headmaster and the Deputy Headmaster, they did, however, got to be levitated by Professor McGonagall, and the whole way, Carina and Roman joked about flying and were making swimming motions in the air and would be reprimanded by the Deputy Headmistress. Once in the Hospital Wing, Carina and Roman were greeted by Hermione and Ron, who were grinning at the sight of them floating in the air. They were then settled on two beds, near their friends. Lynx jumped into Roman's lap and made her bed before closing her eyes.

"Now, I expect that you two will stay in bed. I shall have Lynx to watch over you and tell me if either of you slipped out for a midnight stroll." McGonagall said.

"Yes, Auntie Minnie." Roman and Carina said, teasingly.

McGonagall sent them a stern look, but Carina and Roman kept their grins. She then left them to rest.

"What happened to you two? You're all sweaty?" Ron asked.

"Exercise, Ronald." Roman answered. "A bit of pushups –"

"Jumping jacks –"

"Crunches –"

"Running –" Carina and Roman said in unison. He turned to Harry's sleeping form at the bed beside his. "How's Harry?"

"He's alright. Madam Pomfrey said he'll wake soon." Ron answered.

"How did Filch catch you? And how long did you get him to run?" Hermione asked.

"Dead end at the hall – made a wrong turn – and was long enough for you to get into the trapdoor," Carina answered.

"You know, we should really think about making a map of Hogwarts." Roman said. "Would help a lot in our future exploits."

"Yeah! And it would be enchanted – letting us see all the people here at Hogwarts!" Carina agreed.

"Wherever, whenever, and whatever." Roman reached out to Carina with a fist. "I think we have a little project next year, Black."

"I think so too,Alston." Carina bumped her fist with his. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 4.7K 24
A sudden appearance of someone long fogotten, changes the wizarding world. She will come when the wizarding world needs her most and change every est...
3.7K 216 7
Alexander Altair Black, the son of the infamous Sirius Black, found little enjoyment in life as the sole heir of a family known for nothing but its d...
5.4K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
2.3M 79.3K 42
Featured in the official Wattpad @Fanfic Harry Potter Fanfiction reading list! -- When your mind is all you can trust, what happens when your memorie...