Boyfriend for Christmas

By OutOfMyLimit17

To fulfill a promise to her late father, Aubrey Lynn posts an ad to hire a fake boyfriend for Christmas. But... More

A/N
Chapter 1....
Chapter 2....
Chapter 3...
Chapter 4....
Chapter 5...
Chapter 6....
Chapter 7...
Chapter 8....
Chapter 9....
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11....
Chapter 12....
Chapter 13....
Chapter 14....
Chapter 15....
Chapter 16....
Chapter 17....
Chapter 18....
Chapter 19....
Chapter 20....
Chapter 21....
Chapter 22....
Chapter 23....
Chapter 24....
Chapter 25...
Chapter 26....
Chapter 27...
Chapter 28....
Chapter 29....
Chapter 30....
Chapter 31....
Chapter 32....
Chapter 33...
Chapter 35....
Chapter 36...
Chapter 37....
Chapter 38....
Chapter 39....
Chapter 40....
Chapter 41...
A/N

Chapter 34....

72.4K 3.1K 172
By OutOfMyLimit17

The four of us spent a good 2 and a half hours sledding. Each time we got back to the top Jackson would come up with some challenge for us all to do and even Knox did it.

By time we were done we were all tired and our faces were bright red from the cold. But despite all of that the grins on all of our faces were worth it.

Seeing how carefree and happy both Knox and Olivia looked made up for the fact that I couldn't feel my hands, feet or my face. I would do about anything to see the smile on Knox's face again. And judging from the look Olivia kept giving her brother she thought the same thing as me.

As we made our way back to find the others we stopped to get coffee to try and warm us all up a bit more. The temperature was slowly dropping as the day slipped away.

Jackson and Knox were in the middle of a conversation when something caught my eye. I tugged at Knox's hand as I came to a stop. He glanced over his shoulder at me in question as he paused mid-step.

"Can we go ice skating?" The huge ice rink peeking through the booths caught my attention immediately. Knox hesitated as Olivia pipped up.

"Yes lets go ice skating!" Beside her Jackson just shrugged. I could see Knox was a bit hesitant but I shot him a smile.

"Come on it will be fun." I coaxed him towards the stall to get skates, the other two following behind. It looked like luck was on our side as the rink wasn't even that busy, maybe 4 other people. Seeing that I quickly picked up my pace.

Knox was pretty much silent beside me as I walked up to the booth and asked for my shoe size. He still didn't say a word as Jackson and Olivia came up. It wasn't until I nudged his side with my elbow did he mutter out his shoe size.

I was almost giddy as I went over to a bench to put on my skates. It had been ages since I last skated, probably well over 2 years ago. After donating my kidney to my dad I was told not to do anything strenuous for months which meant ice skating was out.

Once I had my skates on I didn't wait for the others before I quickly made my way onto the ice. As soon as my skate touched the ice I let out a sigh. Back in the day I spent hours after hours at the indoor ice rink in town. I had it in my head that I would be an olympic ice skater one day, which of course didn't happen.

I did one full lap around the rink before coming back to see the others. Jackson was slowly helping Olivia on to the ice. I could see the death grip she had on his forearms. My eyes then slid over to Knox who was still sitting on the bench. He had the skates on but hadn't made any motion to get up.

"You coming?" I called from my spot.

"I'll sit this one out." He called back shaking his head.

"You already have the skates on. Come on." I waved him over. When he still didn't move I made my way out of the rink and towards him, my skates making me walk funny. "You don't want to join?" I asked standing in front of him.

"Nah I'm tired." I easily caught the underlying meaning of his words.

"You don't know how to skate." It came out as a statement not a question. "I'll help you and no one is around."

"No I'm fine."

"I promise I won't let you fall." I extended my hand out. He just stared at it with a passive face. "It will be fun. I promise." I wiggled my fingers in his direction and gave him a small smile.

If he said no one more time I'd drop it but I knew as soon as he got on the ice he'd have fun. I was tempted to goad him, knowing he wouldn't back down from a challenge, but the last thing I ever wanted was to force him to do something he didn't want.

Just as I was about to say never mind his hand reached out to mine. He laced our fingers and stood up, his legs slightly shaking. Smiling I slowly lead him towards the ice, taking it slow so he wouldn't twist an ankle.

The moment his one skate hit the ice he jerked back, gripping my hand even tighter and reaching for the panel on the side. I bit back a laugh knowing it wouldn't help. Knox has never skated before. Well this will be interesting.

"One foot in front of the other. Kind of like roller skating." He gave me a look as if to say 'do I look like a I fucking roller skate'.

Knox stumbled to the side so he could grip the side the rink.

"So didn't skate much as a kid?" I asked, making conversation as we moved ever so slowly forward. If he could think about something else other than his feet he'd be okay.

"More into football than hockey." He bit out. I glanced over at him to find him concentrating so hard on his feet while having a death grip on the side and my hand. I couldn't help but grin at the sight. Knox who was a badass marine, not scared of anything, intimidating, didn't know how to skate. It was kind of refreshing finding something he wasn't good at.

We were about halfway around the rink when I decided to try something new.

"Here. Hold my hands." I moved to stand in front of him, holding my hands out. He gave me a look.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm helping you learn to skate. Take them." With a very hesitant expression he grabbed my hands. He looked seconds away from ripping them from my grasp and grabbing the wall again. "Now just keep your knees slightly bent and skate pointed straight. I'll do the rest."

Before he could think too much on it I started to slowly skate backwards, tugging Knox along with me. I tried my hardest not to wince at the pressure he applied to my hands as we moved. He had an incredibly strong grip.

A couple of people passed us as we moved and every time I gently tugged his attention back to me so he wouldn't look and fall.

"See you are doing it."

"How are you skating backwards so well?" I caught what he was doing and shrugged.

"I use to skate a lot when I was younger." He waited for me to continue so I did. "I would spend hours at the indoor rink when I was younger. I was gonna be the next big skater." I laughed. "But one day I was out front playing with my brothers on skateboards and Lucas pushed me. Ended up breaking my arm. Had to stop skating for it to heal and then just realized I wasn't going to be an olympic skater."

"So ended up skating for fun?" Knox asked.

"Yeah. Taught a few lessons to little kids through out high school but that's about it."

"So both your brothers have broken your arms." My eyes widened as I thought about for the first time.

"They did! First the tree and then skateboarding."

"That or you are very clumsy." I shot him a glare to which he just smirked.

As we made a lap around I started to go a tad bit faster. The grannies were starting to pass us now.

"Woah." Knox's legs wobbled underneath of him.

"It's okay I got you." I held onto him tighter as he righted himself. "Helps if you hold your core in." We both know you have that, I wanted to add but didn't.

"Knox! Look at me!" Olivia shouted. Both of us looked over to our left and saw Olivia skating on her own, Jackson hanging behind her a tad. She was beaming at her brother. My eyes darted towards Knox and saw him looking at his sister with a smile and a look on his face that screamed 'Proud Brother'.

After learning about his parents I understood the protectiveness he had for his sister. She was the only thing he had. I knew without a doubt that he would do anything for her. It was something I've come to really like about him.

I pulled us to a stop in the middle of the rink to rest for a second. Not having skated in ages and then pulling Knox along my thighs were burning.

"See not that bad." I grinned, tilting my head up to look at him. "You'll be an ice skating pro in no time."

"Not sure about that." He said but sent me a grin of his own.

We stood there smiling at one another for a good minute before I cleared my throat.

"Ready to try it on your own?" I started to pull my hands from his when he yanked my hands back.

"No." It was like slow motion. The movement of him yanking my hands back threw him off balance. Since he already wasn't steady on his shakes his foot slipped and he fell backwards. Because he still kept my hand in his and was standing so close, I ended up falling forward directly onto him.

The two of us fell into a heap on the ice with a thud, Knox taking the brunt of it. My entire body was laying on top of him as we let out groans. In the middle of the fall our hands must have slipped apart as mine now gripped the front of his jacket while his were wrapped around my waist.

I peeked up at him as he slowly lifted his head. As soon as our eyes met nothing could stop the laughter from escaping my lips. Knox watched me laugh, a look passing through his eyes, before he starting laughing along with me.

Like two idiots we laid there in the middle of the ice rink laughing loudly. Looking back up at his face laughing I had the craziest thought.

I would like to hear that laugh for the rest of my life. 

I need a Knox, like right now! Ugh he is so perfect and him and Aubrey connecting...I can't handle it. I can't believe the story is almost finished!! Only a few chapters left guys so prepare yourselves! I definitely recommend reading through the story again when it's all up and finished. Then it all flows together! 
See you loves tomorrow!!! <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.8K 2.6K 70
Cover credit goes to @meha-k Banner credit goes to @sarcastic-mess *** Louisa who is a highly m...
28.6K 1.8K 28
In the picturesque town of Winter Grove, broken-hearted college student Celeste has to team up with lone wolf Sterling for a fake relationship in hop...
4.2M 135K 49
Passion. Price. Possession There are only two things Gina Gray loves more than her six inch heels and her penthouse suite: Sex and her family. When...
10.5K 1K 40
Since Aubrey James could crawl, she has wanted to decide things for herself. So when an archaic law allows her parents to choose who she will marry...