Wasn't Expecting You

By prettiestoflies

Joey got up off my bed and made his way out of the room, stopping before he exited. "For the record, if we h... More

Character Aesthetics
Locke House
Not my type
The Busy Bean
I'm Unforgettable
Partners
You Surprise Me
You play?
After Party
Sandra
Blacktops
Avoiding
Date Night
Stay With Me
Alone
The Past
Halloween
Happy
Meet the Family
Benjamin Cameron
Thanksgiving
One Day
Birthday
Bubble of Bliss
Momma Knows
Love
History on Repeat
He will be ok?
Team Indigo
Hold Me Tonight
Show me how much
Daddy's little girl
When one door closes
Breathe
A Hundred Questions
San Diego
Could never love you like you needed
Brother
Beau
Ice-cream
We're coming home
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Update

Mom

4.8K 149 6
By prettiestoflies

I woke in the morning to a rapid knocking on the bedroom door. I had to take a moment to remember where I was, the knocking continued as I felt Joey's arm pull me closer to him. Our still naked bodies tangled in each other's.

Joey, my boyfriend. I smiled remembering that little development.

Last night we had ordered pizza in and eaten it up here in bed together. We then put on a movie, but couldn't keep our hands off each other so went for round two before the opening credits. We fell asleep right after,  exhausted emotionally and physically.

"Make it stop," he muttered.

"Cameron! I'm coming in in 5 seconds whether you like it or not!" Ryan's voice sounded from the other side of the door.

I'm pretty sure it was not 5 seconds when he burst open the door, clearly not expecting to see me here too.

"Oh shit. Sorry man, hey Morgan. Uh, I guess you found her," he said, diverting his eyes everywhere else but us.

"He is actually in here isn't he?" Joey said to me, pulling the blanket up just a bit further to hide my body from Ryan seeing, even though it was clear I was naked, he could only see my back.

"Yup," I replied, grinning.

"What do you want man?" Joey asked.

"Uh, your mom and Aunty are downstairs," he said nervously.

"What?" Joey exclaimed, suddenly very awake. Joey reached across me to grab for his phone.

"They could have called," he muttered, seeing no new notifications on his phone. "Are you just going to stand there all morning or can we get up?" Joey asked Ryan.

"Oh right. Um yeah. Sorry. I'll keep them entertained while you two..." he trailed off awkwardly before backing out of the room.

"I don't know why he was so surprised to find you here," Joey laughed softly.

I didn't reply though because reality had sunk in after the initial shock of our wake up call. Joey's mom was downstairs. Right now. Meanwhile I'm naked in her son's bed.

"Joey, I can't meet your mom like this. I've not looked in a mirror but I'm pretty sure I clearly look like I've been fucked mixed with crazy bed hair. I don't even have a toothbrush!" I started freaking out.

"You have just been fucked babe, and if they weren't downstairs I'd take you again right now," he whispered, keeping his arms wrapped around me, he pushed his hardening morning wood into me, making me catch my breath. "I also happen to think you look sexy, and don't care about morning breath," he said kissing me softly.

"Joey," I whined as he kissed my neck.

"I'm sure they won't mind waiting a little longer," he whispered between kisses.

"No! I have classes anyway, maybe I can just sneak out. Meet them later when I've showered. I'll wait here and you distract them and then I can sneak out."

"Morgan, it's really not as big a deal as you are making out," he said, his hand now massaging my boob in an attempt to both distract and seduce me.

"It really is. I'm not from the same world as you. You are so far out my league, I'm just the girl with a mother in jail and dead father and no money. Then I go down there, they will obviously know we've been together all night and god! What will they think! Probably that I'm using you or something," I rambled.

Joey had stopped his hands and mouth on me and was looking at me with stern eyes.

"First of all, I told you last night that I don't give a shit about your background, family or bank account. Those things don't define you. Second, we are equal, you and me, none of this out of my league crap. Third, your my girlfriend now and I don't care if they know what we have been doing. You aren't sneaking out. I'll find you a spare toothbrush and you can freshen up, then we'll go down together, because we are together. They will love you. Not just because of me, but you are Harper's friend too and you are you. Got it?" He said with authority and I would be lying if I didn't admit it turned me on.

"I don't actually have a choice here, do I?" I grumbled.

"Nope, now get that cute butt up before they come looking for me!" He said, getting himself out of bed and reaching for a fresh pair of briefs.

A short time later we were both dressed. Joey had found me a spare toothbrush and I found a brush I had in my handbag to try and tame my hair. It was as good as it was going to get.

"Ready?" He asked, taking my hand as we walked towards the stairs, already hearing the voices drifting up from the two women in the kitchen.

"No, I'm not ready! This is all very fast, we haven't even been officially together for 24 hours and now I'm meeting your mother!" I said, still stressing.

"Weeks or hours, either way I can introduce you as my girlfriend," he grinned proudly and his happiness relaxed me, only slightly, but enough to walk downstairs.

We entered the room hand in hand and the chatter immediately stopped. Ryan and Ethan were sitting at the dining table with two very beautiful women. They all turned as we approached.

My hands got sweaty and clammy and my heart pounded. I could already feel my face was flushed out of nervousness.

"Mom, Aunt Gabby. To what do I owe this surprise visit?" Joey said, walking towards them to give them a hug.

"Hi darling," the one who I assumed was his mom wrapped him up in her arms before he then gave the other one a hug too. "We are redecorating the guest house and there is a shop in the next town over to here which is the only one on the west coast with the wallpaper we want, so we thought we would stop by and visit you kids," she explained.

Joey looked at her sceptically as she peered over her shoulder at me. I glanced to the boys who were watching the exchange with great interest. I smiled and gave a small wave.

Joey grabbed my hand again, pulling me to his side.

"Sounds plausible. Well mom, this is my girlfriend, Morgan. Morgan, this is my mom, Sophia and my Aunt Gabby," Joey introduced us.

"Girlfriend?" All four in the room said at once.

"Yep," he smiled proudly as I blushed.

"It's lovely to meet you both," I said awkwardly.

Before I knew it, Joey's mom had wrapped me up in a hug. "Joey didn't tell me he had a girlfriend so this is a lovely surprise!"

"Didn't tell us either," Ryan grumbled behind us.

"It's very new. I'm sure he would have told you as soon as he had the chance to," I said looking to him. He was still smiling proudly and watching the exchange.

"Harper's roommate is a Morgan," Gabby said carefully.

"The one and the same. It's lovely to meet you too, Harper only ever has the best things to say. Those cakes you sent were delicious too," I said.

"So what are your plans for today then? Have you been to see Harper or I got the wake up call?" Joey asked, pulling me back to him again and wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"We haven't been to see Harper yet, she said she has an early class on Thursday. We are going to visit this shop then we thought we could have dinner together?" Sophia said.

"I have training till 7.30, so it will have to be late. Is that going to be too late for you to drive home?"

"We thought we would stay the night and visit the day spa tomorrow before heading home."

"I should have known," Joey rolled his eyes.

"Maybe you and Harper could join us tomorrow, Morgan?" Sophia suggested.

"Oh, I have a morning class, but thank you for the offer. Actually speaking of classes, I really have to go," I said making an attempt to excuse myself.

"Well the offer is still there if you want to skip your class tomorrow. We will see you at dinner tonight," Sophia said, not giving me an option to decline the invitation.

"Sure, I'll see you tonight. Lovely to meet you," I said, before gathering my bag and heading out of the house, Joey following.

"That went really well I'd say," he said cockily.

"I suppose," I rolled my eyes as I faced him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

He pulled me closer to him, our bodies against each other's. Leaning down, he kissed me, soft at first before we both lost control, deepening the kiss and totally forgetting where we were. I pulled away first.

"I should go. Text me," I said pecking him again quickly before leaving.

Later that day I was back in my dorm room with Harper and Ali getting ready for our dinner.

I explained to them everything that had happened yesterday, starting with my mom, the house being taken by the bank, Joey finding me and him asking me to be his girlfriend and finally the surprise morning visitors. I left out the bedroom details for the sake of Harper who specifically said not to talk about it.

"This is all so much to take in!" Ali exclaimed.

"You're telling me! As super lovely as Sophia and Harper's mom were, that is absolutely not how I would have liked to meet them," I groaned. "What must they think of me?"

"I already spoke to mom, they are looking forward to meeting you properly. But I quote 'she is very pretty and polite. We can see the change in Joey instantly, he adores her' is what they said to me. So pretty much as long as you make him happy, they will be happy," Harper said as though it was that simple.

"Mmm and I get the feeling you made him very happy last night. How many times?" Ali said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"LA LA LA LA" Harper yelled loudly putting her fingers in her ears.

Ali and I burst out laughing at her reaction, clutching our sides as there was a knock on the door.

"I'll tell you later Ali," I winked as I opened the door.

Sophia and Gabby were standing there, amused looks on their faces as they could probably hear the laughter from our room.

"Hello again! Come on in," I smiled, much more awake and prepared this time.

"Mom!" Harper yelled and ran to her mom wrapping her arms tightly around her moms neck.

I felt a small pang of jealousy that I never had that with my own mom, but shook it off quickly.

"We don't have a lot of room in here, but welcome. This is my best friend Ali, we grew up together. Ali this is Sophia, Joey's mom and Gabby," I said pointing to each lady as Harper stood with her arm around her mom. They were obviously very close.

Ali gave them a wave hello before telling me she would catch up with me later and left the room. Harper and I collected our belongings and the four of us made our way out of Locke House.

We were going to the same Mexican restaurant that Joey took me to, he was meeting us there.

When we arrived at the restaurant, Joey was already waiting out the front for us. He gave his mom and aunt a kiss on the cheek, skipping Harper and scooping me up in his arms as the others walked inside.

"Hey," he said, smiling down at me.

"Hi, how was training?"

"Coach made me run extra laps for skipping yesterday," he shrugged.

"I'm sorry," I said, but his grin only grew wider.

"It was more than worth it. Plus I'd say I still got a workout," he winked.

I hit his chest lightly as I blushed. He gave me a quick kiss before taking my hand and leading me in the restaurant to catch up to the others.

"Tell us about yourself, Morgan," Sophia asked me after we had all ordered our food. "I need to know all about the girl that has finally made my son want a real relationship," she smiled slyly as Joey rolled his eyes and Harper laughed out loud.

"What would you like to know? I'm a pretty open book," I asked.

"What are you studying?"

"I'm majoring in accounting. I enjoy numbers. Joey and I are actually partners in a small business management project, it's really interesting. I worked really hard to get here and I take my education seriously. I need to,"
I explained.

"You need to?" She asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Uh yeah. I don't really have any family, so my plan is to get my degree, graduate with excellent grades and get a good job. Build a life for myself," I replied setting out my current life plan.

"Do you mind me asking about your family?" Sophia asked and Joey placed a hand on my thigh to let me he was right there.

"My father died when I was 11, my mother and I... are estranged," I said quietly.

"So, tell me about the guesthouse renovations! Have you got photos? A Pinterest board?" Harper asked their mothers, changing the topic away from me. I gave her a grateful smile and she smiled back.

The rest of the dinner was comfortable, light conversation. Joey spoke about basketball and how the season was going. Sophia told us about the twins and their upcoming cheer contest. They asked Harper how track is going and her classes.

Most of all, they made me feel welcome. The very same way Harper and Joey both did. I was starting to feel like I had people I belonged around, who made me happy without trying and I hadn't felt like that since I lived with Helen and Craig. I would do anything to hold onto these people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

538K 14.9K 39
"Leave the heels on,"he said as he pulled my hair to the side and bit down on my ear. I could not help but moan.He was only in his boxers and hard a...
387K 9.7K 43
*Slow updates* After agreeing to be the focus of a college article, senior Charlie Murtaugh gets more than he bargains for when he's assigned a clue...
568K 24.4K 106
We're not in love. Our past is a dumpster fire. The best we are is friends with benefits... without the friends' part. Jake Harrison, USC's star quar...
310K 12.8K 46
Sci-fi nut, blonde bombshell, and severely no filter Brooke is ready for a fresh start. Done are the days of trashy boyfriends, who couldn't find the...