Split Thy Soul (Edmund x Read...

By edmundswifie

"Who are you? Be honest with me" I tried to escape his grip, but it was too tight. "What are you going to do... More

hello luvs<3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
BONUS CHAPTER : Character Guide
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
no don't read this chapter
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 4

3.9K 124 275
By edmundswifie

SUSAN'S POV:

"You look ravishing" bowed the navy man. He offered his hand to me.

"Oh, thank you" I said and gracefully placed my hand on his. "Edgar Schwartz, right?"

"Indeed" he said with pride.

We walked along the elegantly designed party. There were sophisticated ladies and people of high positions seen in different parts of the place.

The gentle breeze blew the green grass and made the trees dance. It reminded me of Narnia.

A man, who looked no older than sixty, approached us with his wife.

"Ah, Edgar," exclaimed the husband, "you're here! And, this is the young lady?"

"She's like a porcelain doll!" the mother commented.

"Yes, this is Susan Pevensie" said Edgar.

I offered my hand to shake."It's wonderful to meet you . . . ?"

"Oh, my apologies, I am Gerald Schwartz and my wife, Amelia Schwartz." introduced the man.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr and Mrs Schwartz." I curtsied.

"The pleasure is all ours, dear." smiled Amelia.

"Shall we go to our table?" asked Edgar.

"Yes, of course" answered Gerald.

We all walked to a table with four seats. In front of each seat was a cup of tea and toast in the middle. We all sat down.

"So, you're from England?" asked Gerald.

"Indeed" I answered.

"What's it like there?" asked Amelia.

"Well, currently, a lot of young men and preparing for battle and leaving their families" I said before taking my first sip of tea.

"That is very sad" said Gerald. "To think they may never see their families again or even have a family."

"It really is a shame" said Edgar as he wiped his mouth with a cloth napkin.

The mother, Amelia, looked at me with a teacup in hand."Say, what do you think about family, Susan?"

"Oh, it is a beautiful thing" I answered. "I have two siblings back in England and one currently studying in-"

"No, she means marriage. What do you think about marriage?" interrupted Edgar.

"Marriage?" I repeated. I was starting to get suspicious. I knew he probably fancies me. . . but, marriage?

All three pairs of eyes were focused on me. Waiting for an answer.

"It's . . . Lovely" I replied. Trying to cover my face with the teacup as I went in for a sip.

"Well, then, you would mind if I asked for your hand in marriage?"

I choked on my tea.

"Excuse me?" I was in a rush to wipe my mouth and wipe my dress from the tea that spilled.

"Oh, for goodness sakes, girl, he wants to marry you!" Gerald snapped. It startled me, I have to admit

Amelia laid her hand on his back "Gerald, temper!"

Gerald cleared his throat and fixed himself, obviously feeling embarrassed, and leaned in. With a calmer tone, he said: "He wants to marry you"

I stayed silent. I was stunned. I didn't know how to react.

Edgar looked at me with such concern on his face. "Why do you seem so surprised? You're a beautiful, elegant, and young lady. Are you already married?"

That's . . . A bit complicated.

"Well . . . I erm . . . yes." I babbled.

Edgar snatched my hand and examined it. After finding nothing, he took the other, but found nothing as well.

"I don't see a ring" he declared. "Do you not want to marry me? Is that it?"

"No! Of course not!" I answered.

"No?!"

"No! That means I don't not want to marry you" I doubted.

"So, what's your answer, then?" he begged.

"Look, Edgar, I don't really know you that well, and- you can't ask for someone's hand in marriage after formally meeting them for the first time" I explained.

Gerald stood up, catching everyone's attention."What do you mean, you girl?!" He exploded.

Amelia tried to hold him back."Oh, Gerald-" she squealed.

"My son can ask for anyone's hand in marriage anytime he wants and you don't have the right to tell him what to do and what not to do!"

"Wait, father-"

!!! WARNING: MYSOGINY !!! - READ THE NEXT PARAGRAPH.

"You British can come here whenever you like, thinking you have the right to say things like these to people! You're a woman! You should keep your stupid mouth zipped and locked! And while you're at it, go back to your county!"

(A/N: please remember this is who the character is. This isn't my own.)

A lump started to form in my throat, my hands started to shake, and my lip started to quiver. All eyes were on us. The silence was absolutely deafening. It's like they were waiting for the next scene in a movie.

I stood up and left the table. Edgar reached out to try and stop me, but I didn't let him.

Quick steps turned into running. I had a dress on, but it could rip for all I care. I ran back in the car that dropped me off. My driver was nowhere to be found.

I cried. I let out my tears. I was a Queen. I was a wife. I wanted a family, but not with them. I missed Edmund and Lucy. I missed Y/N. I missed Caspian. But, who knows when we'll ever go back to Narnia? It's been two years.

The car's engine started to rumble. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to drive. The wheels started to move the car. I checked the front, but nobody was there. I tried to beep the horn, but nobody heard.

(I tried to scream but my head was underwater)

I started to violently bang the door. Desperate shrieks and shouts escaped my mouth as the car went faster by the second.

A light. A bright light blinded me for a split second. Then, that's when I knew I was somewhere else.

Somewhere familiar. Somewhere that felt like home again.

The car stopped moving and I stepped out, and as soon as I did, the car zoomed off into oblivion.

"Narnia."

EDMUND'S POV:

"Edmund..." said Lucy as she walked closer to me. She placed a hand on my shoulder and she began to give me little pats.

"She really isn't here..." I sighed. "She would've been so happy if she came back... Home."

"Doing well, your majesty?" asked Reep as he slid down the ropes of the ship.

My gaze was fixed on the sea. "Not quite, Reep."

"Is it the Island Queen you're thinking about? It's truly a shame I never got to meet her."

"You would've loved her" Lucy remarked. "She's a wonderful person."

"She really is" I sighed.

"Lucy, take a look at this!" called Oliver from the other side of the ship.

I looked at him and he immediately looked away. Lucy gave me this dont-be-so-mean glare.

I gave a sarcastic smile. "Your beloved bottle of olive oil calling you" I mocked in a high pitched tone while agressively fluttering my eyelashes.

"Oh, for Aslan's sake- Edmund!" she snapped. "Quit being bitter about me and Oliver."

I rolled my eyes "I'm not bitter about anything."

"Lu!" He called out again.

"I'm coming!" she shouted back. "See you around."

She left. Meanwhile, footsteps came walking towards us (Reep and I). It was Eustace.

"I am fully convinced I'm still in a dream" remarked Eustace. "It must be a lucid dream or something."

Reepicheep and I looked at each other.

"If it's a lucid dream... Then I am able to control what happens in it!" Eustace exclaimed.

Eustace starts staring at me. His expression looked so serious. It looked like he was using up the strength of his body to make something physically appear.

"Why isn't it working?" he scoffed.

"Why isn't what working?"

"You were supposed to fall in the water." he mumbled.

"You wanted me to fall in the water?" I snapped. "How about I just push you in, you toffee-breathed thief. You can tell us all about it when you wake up."

"Toffee-breathed thief?" he repeated. "You liar. I am nothing of that sort!"

I scoffed. "I can't believe I'm stuck with you. Everything would've been a lot better if Y/N was the one here, but no. It just had to be you."

"As if I actually want to be here! You can tell that loon I'd gladly switch places."

"What-What did you call her?"

"That's right. A loon. I said it. Because that's what she is."

"You take that back."

"Well, unlike you, I'm not a liar. So, no."

"You're only proving you are." I growled. "You better take it back before I do something I definitely won't regret-"

"Boys, break it up" said Lucy as she squeezed in between us and pushed us away. "Seriously? It hasn't even been a minute and a fight breaks out?"

"It isn't my doing he's so intimidated by me" he rasped and fixed his shirt.

"Intimidated?" I chuckled. "Even Reep isn't running away- And he's a rat."

"Pardon me, your majesty, but I do prefer the term mouse- because that's what I am."

"Oh, sorry," I told him, "and he's a mouse."

"He's clearly a rat" commented Eustace.

I rolled my eyes. "Put a 'B' before 'rat.' That's clearly what you are."

"I'm pretty sure I'm a mouse" smiled Reepicheep.

"Maybe you shouldn't stay in one place together" suggested Caspian.

"Your majesty!" called a crewmate.

"Yes?" Caspian and I replied in unison.
We looked at each other awkwardly. It was only for a few seconds and then we diverted our attention back to the crewmate.

The crewmate shouted: "A person in the water!"

"Another one?" I asked.

"Where are they coming from?" Asked another crewmate.

"Go and help them." Commanded Caspian.

We all watched from the rails of the ship until perspective blocked the view.

We all waited in the ship, waiting to see who this person was.

He was a blonde boy. Slightly taller than me.

He coughed. His face was seen clearly.

We all exclaimed: "Peter?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

705K 19.1K 25
[ EDMUND x READER ] [ narnia: prince caspian ] C O M P L E T E D * You are Caspian's adopted sister - he doesn't know you are actually the daughter o...
2K 53 16
Three years later in Narnia, one year in Our World, the youngest Pevensies, along with their cousin, are called to the land two so dearly adore. But...
56.6K 1K 20
Edmund and Arabella are back in Narnia, happy to be reunited there. Things turn really quickly, as a green mist threatens all they know and love, br...
494K 14.8K 31
"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter threatens. A sharp laugh fell uncontrol...