"Tsukishima, You Asshole!" |...

By Garden0f3den

Saiko Sugawara just transferred back to the area she grew up in. She'll even be going to the very same high s... More

Chapter One - Beanpole
Chapter Two - Asshole
Chapter Four - Manager
Note ๐Ÿ’›
Chapter Five - Strawberries, Honey and Soulmates
Chapter Six - Starlight
Chapter Seven - Past Lives

Chapter Three - Angel

637 17 56
By Garden0f3den

Before I get started on the chapter, I just wanted to clarify, in the story, everyone has already been in school for a couple months. Saiko transferred into Karasuno because she got in trouble too many times at her last school and her dad also got a new job. So it's kind of in between the Nekoma practice game and the training camp. 

Also, for the sake of the plot, Yachi doesn't become the next team manager. It's not that I don't like her, she's sweet and adorable, but for plot reasons, she doesn't exist.

Alright, have fun kids!

-----------------------------------------------------

Kōshi POV
We were trying to get Saiko off of Tanaka, but I didn't know where we would take her so that she could have a chance to calm down. Not to mention, Tsukishima would just continue to egg her on if they both stayed in the gym.

But suddenly, Saiko went limp in our arms!

"W- What happened?!" yelled Tanaka.

We gently set her down and Daichi said, "Uh, I think I accidentally hit her in the side of the head." He grimaced.

"WHAT?!" I yelled at him. "You did... WHAT?!" 

Daichi backed away slowly with his hands up. I had to take a couple seconds to breathe so as not to kill my best friend. 

Tsukishima hesitantly bent over my shoulder to look at Saiko. "Is she... okay?"

"I don't know, we'll have to see when she wakes up." And then to make Daichi feel bad, "If she wakes up..."

I heard him gulp. 

"Well," said Takeda, "We should take her to the nurses office. That way when she wakes up, there'll be someone there with more training than any of us."

"Good idea," I said. I scooped her up in my arms, but she was a lot bigger than I anticipated and I ended up just setting her back down. 

"Let me carry her!" called Tanaka.

"NO." I replied.

"Why not?! I can carry her, no problem! What does she weigh? Like 140? I can bench more than that!"

"That's not the point!" I yelled at him. "You already hit her in the face with the volleyball! How should I know if you'll be able to carry her all the way to the nurses station without dropping her?"

Daichi stepped forward to offer, but before he could, I gave him a look and he held his hands up again and stepped back again. 

Tanaka and I continued to argue but after a few minutes, we looked down and Saiko was missing!

"Where'd she go?!" yelled Noya. We all looked around, trying to find her. I hoped she won't be clawing Tsuki's eyes out. "Look!" Noya pointed toward the door. "There she is!"

We all looked and it was true, there she was, but she wasn't awake. 

Tsukishima was carrying her.

Tsukishima POV
Everyone had been taking far too long to figure out who would carry her. Sugawara was being too over protective of her, so I nudged Tadashi and jerked my chin toward the door. "Open the door for me will you?" 

He looked at me with a little surprise, but went over and slide open the large metal doors.

I looked down at Saiko's limp body, she looked so much better when she was sleeping. There was no contagious smile on her face and her eyes didn't sparkle with excitement.

It was annoying really. The way she broke through the walls I put up while at school. 

I scooped her up in my arms and walked toward the doors. I was just stepping through when the rest of them noticed I had her.

"Look!" Noya exclaimed. "There she is!" I rolled my eyes with a sigh.

They all started to follow me and Sugawara stepped up next to me. "Are you sure you want to carry her? What if she wakes up before you get there?"

"I'll be fine," I said. She wasn't even that heavy. She was actually quite light.

She began to slip in my grip so I gently hefted her up so I could adjust and hold her up better. She stirred a little, groaning a bit. I'm sure when she wakes up the rest of the way, she'll have a raging headache.

"Be still, chibi-chan..." I whispered. Why did I call her that?! 

"Ngh..." was the sound that came out of her mouth. Sugawara stepped up to her and I stopped walking for a moment. He fussed over her, putting his hand to her forehead and asking if she could hear him. She didn't respond but she did shift a little in my arms.

"We should get going," I said to Suga.

He hummed in response. 

Tanaka and Sugawara helped with the doors, though Suga would mostly just walk next to me and tend to his cousin. The rest of the boys on the team had stayed behind to help clean up.

When we got to the nurses office, I set her down on one of the beds and the nurse looked her over. I sat down in the chair next to her, brushing her hair out of her face.

"You should call her parents," the nurse explained. "This could end up being something serious. Not that it is! But she did receive a blow to the head, so it's better safe than sorry."

Sugawara nodded and pulled out his phone looking through his contacts for his aunt and uncle's names. Tadashi then came in with her things, his things and mine. I don't know how he manage to carry it all.

He set it down with a huff, and then Daichi came in with Sugawara's things and his own. The rest of the team came in as well and when Kiyoko came in I moved out of the chair for her to sit in it. 

I walked over to Tadashi and picked up my things. When I looked back up, I caught Sugawara watching me from the corner where he was on the phone with his aunt. I looked away confused and looked back and he wasn't looking at me anymore. He muttered something into the phone and then hung up.

"They're on their way. They'll take her to the hospital even if she wakes up before they get here so that she can get properly checked out," he said to the team. They all shifted whether in anxiety because she was hurt or from relief that she'd get good treatment.

He sat on the other side of the bed from Kiyoko and took Saiko's hand. I turned to Tadashi. 

"Come on," I said. "We don't need to be here any longer. She's in good hands, and they're gonna take her to the doctor no matter what happens."

"Yeah, but-" he started to say, but it was then that Saiko started to really wake up.

Suga POV
"Uggh! It's so bright..." her words were a bit slurred. Hinata rushed to turn off one of the lights. Once it was off, she sighed in a bit of relief.

The team all gathered a little closer to see her. She tried to sit up but I pushed her back down, "You need to stay laying down, you were out for a while!" 

"Huh? What happened?" she asked groggily, laying back down. Well, mostly laying down. The nurses office beds had the heads raised a little bit.

"Well..." I hesitated, we needed to ask her the basic concussion questions, so I thought I'd just tell her what happened so we could get to those. "Daichi accidentally hit you. Do you remember what you were doing before that?"

"Yeah," she said, her voice getting clearer by the moment. "I was getting ready to beat up that Tsukishima, but somebody wouldn't let me," she looked between me and Tanaka as she said that.

"Yes," I said, trying to get back to more questions. "Do you know where you are?"

She rolled her eyes but then put her hand to the side of her head. The movement of her eyes must have hurt her. "Yeah," she groaned. "I assume I'm in the nurses office but I know I'm at Karasuno High."

"Good, do you know who I am?" 

"Yes, of course I do!" She was starting to get annoyed. "You're my cousin, Sugawara Kōshi."

"Good, good."

It was then that her parents walked in. My Aunt Krystal and Uncle Haru rushed to Saiko's side. Kiyoko quickly moved out of the way to let one of them sit in the chair. They asked her how she was feeling and she was more annoyed by having to repeat her answers than anything.

When they were sure that she was okay, Uncle Haru picked her up (they didn't want her walking incase she did have a concussion) and carried her out to their car. They laid her in the backseat and I slipped into the back with her, laying her head on my lap.

The boys put her and my things into the trunk of the car and her parents drove to the hospital.

-Timeskip-

Saiko POV
My head hurt so bad when I woke up. It was the worst headache that I'd ever had. I'd had concussions before, but this didn't feel like that, it just felt like a horrible headache. Everyone had been gathered around me when I awoke, but I was honestly surprised when I saw Tsukishima there too.

They had all fussed over me while waiting for my parents, Kōshi especially.

Eventually we made our way to the hospital and the doctors took me to get a head CT. My parents, Kōshi and I were all in my room while we waited for the doctors to come back with the results.

"So," my father started to say. "Are we gonna hear from the school about this?" 

What he really meant was: 'Did you get into a fight on your first day?'

My mother hit his arm softly, "Oh don't you start something, Haru."

What she really meant was: 'Of course she did. She's always getting into fights. You know that.'

I sighed loudly and pulled the pillow out from behind my head and smothered my face into it. "Ugggh!" I moaned into it.

Kōshi took one of my hands and stroked it with his thumb. "Come now, imouto," he called me. "It'll be alright." 

Imouto, means little sister. Even though we weren't actually siblings, we were practically raised as them and so we used the pet names that siblings would use for each other. He hadn't called me that in so long.

I pulled the pillow off my face with my free hand and looked at him. "I'm so sorry for causing such trouble, ani," I told him. "I didn't mean to."

"I know, I know..."

After a little while, the doctor came back in and he had some charts. He put them up on the chart light on the wall so we could see them. I pointed to a little spot on my brain. "See this?" he asked, I nodded. "It's the concussion. It's very minor, so you should be okay to go back to school in a couple days."

"This isn't her first time being concussed," my mother told him. "She knows the drill."

The doctor nodded, and went over the procedure. He said he had to, even though it wasn't my first time. We packed up our things, I changed back into my uniform, and Kōshi gave me his volleyball jacket to wear because it was now dark out and it would be cold. He wheeled me out on a wheelchair to the car, and I sat in the middle seat and he sat on my right. 

I watched the lights as we drove home. They all whizzed by and I laid my head down on Kōshi's shoulder. He eventually laid his head down on mine and we both fell asleep for the rest of the way home.

When we got back to the house, he helped me inside, and my parents said he should stay the night since it was so late. He agreed and wore some of my dad's clothes as pajamas. My parents laid out a sleeping mat on the floor in my room and he got a sleeping bag out of the garage. Once we were settled, we practically fell asleep immediately.

Kōshi, of course, texted the group chat about the results and telling them that I'd be out for a few days. When they all responded, he showed me what they said:

Daichi | 12:38 am
Glad to hear you're okay! I'm REALLY sorry about all this. 
I feel terrible!

Tanaka | 12:38 am 
I'm sorry you have to miss a couple days.
I was really hoping to show off!

Asahi | 12:39 am
Get better soon! It was really nice to meet you!

Yamaguchi | 12:39 am
Get better soon, Saiko! Hope you feel better! 

Kageyama | 12:41 am
Good to know you both are okay.

Hinata | 12:41 am
Get better soon! Then we can hang out!
Kageyama and I can show you our cool quick attack for VB!!!

Noya | 12:41 am
I'll miss seeing your beautiful face in the hall until you get back!
Get better soon! I miss you already!

(Kōshi rolled his eyes at that one)

Kinoshita, Ennoshita and Narita all responded as well with similar responses as the rest of them.

Kōshi laid down on his mat and went to sleep. I, however, was too energized to sleep for some reason. I couldn't do things on my phone and I shouldn't try to read because it was dark and it would strain my eyes. I couldn't do much so I just laid there thinking about my first day.

I had made a really good friend and all her other friends seemed to be pretty nice as well. I think we could really become really close one day. I should text Akai tomorrow and ask her to bring me school work that I miss.

I got to meet the people that Kōshi hangs out with and those he is an upperclassmen to. Daichi and Asahi seemed pretty nice, though I was a little annoyed about the fact that Daichi accidentally knocked me out. I wouldn't hold it against him though.

I was also pretty sure that Akai had at least a small crush on Asahi... I wouldn't be surprised. He wasn't my type but he was attractive and he seemed like a very sweet guy.

Ryu and Noya seemed like very energetic people so me and them would probably get along very well. Their constant flirting was a little annoying, however, while Noya didn't seem to care who he flirted with, Tanaka seemed quite infatuated with Kiyoko-san.

But there was also Tsukishima. He seemed to not like me very much, and I didn't really like him either. Our personalities clashed and we couldn't find a single thing to agree on. Ever! In every single class that we had today, we argued about something. It was ridiculous! It was like he had  to have the last word. And then he was also on the volleyball team! He didn't say a thing about knowing Kōshi all day, even though I was introduced - with my last name - every single class period.

Just then, Kōshi's phone chimed again. I looked over to where it sat on my nightstand, charging.

Tsukishima | 1:32 am
Hope you feel better soon chibi-chan

I rolled my eyes at the name. I am not that short, I thought. Sure he was taller than me, but that didn't mean that I was short. I was 5'5" which was almost considered tall in Japan. Almost, but not. I was just average. I was not short.

I turned off the ringer as the other boys chimed in for me, making fun of Tsukishima while I couldn't. I rolled over with a smile on my face and finally fell asleep.

-A few days later-

I was finally able to go back to school. I had been cooped up the last few days and I was ready to go out! Even if it was just to school.

I hastily put on my school uniform skirt and button up shirt, hanging the untied bow around my neck. I went into the bathroom and straightened my hair, putting it back with a really wide yellow headband. It was my favorite color. Not mustard yellow or neon yellow. Those were annoying. Hufflepuff yellow. Yes, I'm a Hufflepuff. Gryffindor isn't even my second possible house. No matter how many time I took the test, I almost always come out with Hufflepuff, in second place is Ravenclaw. Then Gryffindor, I've only gotten it once. And I've never gotten Slytherin.

But the more I think about why I would get Hufflepuff, the more it makes sense. Loyalty and honesty has always been important to me. More important than being brave or smart or cunning.

After a while, I just embraced the Hufflepuff-ness. Though, it never stopped me from getting into fights. I was usually defending someone though... so I guess I was being loyal that way? 

I don't know, I shook off the thought and continued to get ready. I had a little bruise where Daichi's fist accidentally collided with the temple of my head. I thought it looked cool, so I didn't bother to cover it up. 

Besiiiiiiiides~, I thought. Having bruises in random places wasn't anything I wasn't used to.

I ran downstairs and grabbed my bag of the kitchen table. I threw a couple extra water bottles in so I could make sure to stay hydrated through the day. I slipped on my shoes, grabbed my keys, yelled a goodbye to my mom upstairs and practically leaped out the door.

I pretty much ran all the way to school. I was excited to see my new friends, my dearest cousin and all of his friends too.

I passed the corner where I first bumped into Tsukishima. I looked down the direction he had come from the other day and saw him and Yamaguchi down at the end of the block.

I waved, calling out, "Hi, Yamaguchi-kun!" Ignoring Tsukishima on purpose.

Yamaguchi blushed and looked at Tsukishima like he was asking if it was okay to respond. They seemed to have a wordless argument for a moment until Tsukishima nudged Yamaguchi in the side, making him smile and wave back.

"Hello, Saiko-chan!" I waited for them to catch up to where I was standing. "How are you feeling today?"

"Very well," I replied. "My parents wouldn't stop fussing over me the last two days, so I'm very excited to be out of the house."

"Are you really going to complain about you're parents being worried about their only child, chibi-chan?" Tsukishima leaned down a little, almost emphasizing the note about my 'shortness'.

(a/n: in case you didn't know, 'chibi-chan' basically means 'little' but in a cute way so when kuroo or tsuki or others call (y/n)/OC's 'chibi-chan' they're basically calling you 'little cutie'...)

I pushed him with one of my arms. "Oh whatever, I'm not that short, but even if I was," I crossed my arms, turning my nose up as I walked away. "You'd have no room to talk giant-shima."

He rolled his eyes and I skipped on ahead. Not even annoying Tsukishima could put a damper on my mood.

Or so I thought.

Until second period chemistry...

"Bitch! Do you want me to jump across this table? Because I don't have all day for this!"

He held the chemical out of my reach. We were supposed to be working on a lab project but Tsukishima refused to pass me the potassium carbonate!

He leaned forward a little, looking at me through his glasses. "You feelin' froggy, chibi-chan~?" He looked medown and then back up. "Then leap." He smirked.

That was the last straw.

"Alright," I pushed up the sleeves of my my uniform shirt and braced my hands on the edge of the table, ready to push myself up and over, "Well here I come." 

He stuttered backward a little, eyes widening in excitement as I slide myself across the counter and he bolted. 

(please see this video, specifically watch kirishima for what I think tsuki was being like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_lZyHswbhs ANYways, back to the story!)

He took off out the door, the teacher yelling at us to stop running and to come back to class. We obviously didn't listen and I chased him all through the hallways, him yelling insults at me that just made me run harder.

"You're so slow, I hope you're not on the track team, you'd only hold them back!"

"Maybe the reason you're so slow is because you're so short! You're legs just can't keep up!"

"I'm sure exercising sometimes would help you to be a little faster!"

We were now outside and we were running down a sort of alleyway between school buildings. I managed to catch up enough that I was practically stepping on the backs of his shoes. Which is exactly what I did.

It made him stumble a bit and I kicked him in the back of the leg which made him fall. I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him up and then shoved him against the brick wall of the school building.

"Tsukishima, you are such an ass!" I yelled at him. "Haven't you ever heard of the word nice? Or is your brain just too puny to understand it?! Do you even know how to just shut up? I don't even think it matters to you whether you're right or not, you just want to have the last word!" 

With a final shove that flicked his shirt, I let go and walked over to where he had dropped the potassium carbonate. I scooped it up, and fiddled with the lid making sure it was still on tight.

Suddenly, my shoulder was shoved, hard, into the brick wall. The force at which my back hit the wall knocked some of the breath out of me and I almost let go of the chemical, but I managed to hold on.

When I opened up my eyes, I saw that Tsukishima had basically kabedoned me since he had his right arm up against the wall and was glaring down at me. I was so shocked I could hardly move away. I've never been this close to a guy before... fuck.

"Trouble..." he whispered. "Troublemaker, that's what you are, chibi-chan. You claim that I want the last word and yet you always have to make a come back when I say something. You can't seem to leave me alone if anything. You might want to be careful," he reached down with is left hand to where I was holding the potassium carbonate, taking it out of my grasp. "People might think you actually like me..." He pulled away, examining the container for breaks. "Thank you, angel..."

That snapped me out of my slight embarrassment. As if! How could I like someone who was like Tsukishima! Ugh!

"Oh Tsukishima," I drawled rather condescendingly. I placed my hands on his shoulders. "I really, really, don't think anyone will think that." 

A look of confusion came across his face, then a fraction of a second too slow, realization came but my knee came faster and it collided with a special area.

He doubled over in pain, groaning and dropping the container. He dropped to his knees and to the concrete in pain. 

I picked up the container. "Aww, thank you!" I said, my voice dripping in false sweetness. I walked away from his body still groaning in pain. 

I was about to turn the corner when I looked back at him and said:

"Oh, one more thing, Tsuki dear... don't call me 'angel'."

And I went back off to class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 7.2K 38
{FINISHED} Y/n is invisible. Yes, she is solid and physically there. For her whole life, she's been the quiet girl in the shadows. She has to distan...
1.1K 76 19
Akaashi Keiji, a Junior University student with lots of problems, finally finds someone whom he will soon fall in love with. Someone that loves him m...
168K 5.2K 51
-๐ค๐จ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐จ ๐›๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ -before graduating college y/n was great friends with akaashi, bokuto, hotaru, kenma, and kuroo...
292K 7.3K 34
You are Sugawara's little sister. Blessed with your beautiful silver hair and flawless pale skin, boys have always fawned over you. When you start at...