Living Again

By HiddenWriter

Marissa Miller survived the tragic accident that killed her family and dog. Since that fateful day, things ha... More

Living Again~ One
Living Again~ Two
Living Again~ Three
Living Again~ Four
Living Again~ Five
Living Again~ Six
Living Again~ Seven
Living Again~ Eight
Living Again~ Nine
Living Again~ Ten
Living Again~ Eleven
Living Again~ Twelve
Living Again~ Thirteen
Living Again~ Fourteen
Living Again~ Fifteen
Living Again~ Sixteen
Living Again~ Seventeen
Living Again~ Eighteen
Living Again~ Nineteen
Living Again~ Twenty
Living Again~ Twenty-One
Living Again~ Twenty-Two
Living Again~ Twenty-Three
Living Again~ Twenty-Four
Living Again~ Twenty-Five
Living Again~ Twenty-Seven
Living Again~ Twenty-Eight
Living Again~ Twenty-Nine
Living Again~ Thirty
Living Again~ Thirty-One
Living Again~ Thirty-Two
Living Again~ Thirty-Three
Living Again~ Thirty-Four
Living Again~ Thirty-Five
Living Again~ Thirty-Six
Living Again~ Thirty-Seven
Living Again~ Thirty-Eight
Living Again~ Thirty-Nine
Living Again~ Forty (LAST CHAPTER!)

Living Again~ Twenty-Six

26.1K 425 32
By HiddenWriter

CHAPTER 26

The first day of school ended soon. Staying away from Ethan wasn't too hard because we don't have many classes together on Mondays. The only time I crossed paths with him after our little meeting in the store room was when we  went to hand in the history project we had worked on over the summer. 

During lunch he would sit again with his usual friends, Brianna, Tyler and the whole gang. I did notice that their 'gang' wasn't as big anymore, Rebecca and some others sat separately. 

Now that I was much more social, I managed to talk to Hannah and Hailey, the sisters who I used to share the dorm with. They're both really nice, I sit with them in classes and during lunch. I had to admit, if I was still living in the dorms it would be awesome to spend all day with my new friends and even Brianna, and of course, I wouldn't admit it but the best part would be that I would get to see Ethan more often since he has moved in to the dorms too. The only bad thing would be that Rebecca would be there. Maybe it was worth giving it all up just so I wouldn't have to see Rebecca's stupid face every morning. 

So today was great. Tomorrow, however, would be completely different. Ethan and I had ALL the same classes. Crap.

I didn't have transport back since my all friends lived in the school dorm and Joe couldn't leave work just to drive me back. I sighed. The school didn't have its own bus, so I knew I'll have to take the local one. The bus stop was right outside the campus which was very convenient. Now I know this will make me sound like a brat, but I never really used public transport, since I was the only child, one of my parents was always there to provide transport. 

I hugged my friends before making my way to the bus stop. 

"Are you sure you don't want us to come with you? We really don't mind, we can show you how to use  the bus." Hannah said. Hailey nodded in agreement but I just shook my head and gave them a reassuring smile. I waved them off as they  left to their dorms, since it was the first day they had to get there as soon as  possible  so their rooms are assigned and confirmed for the next semester. Which meant Ethan would be in his dorm or in the administrations office by now. 

I sat at the bus stop, fidgeting with the folder in my hands. A couple of cars passed by but no bus in sight. There were no students probably because they got to the bus stop fast, instead of chatting with their friends like me. I'm so stupid. I had heard that a bus passes by every 20 minutes. Damn this was going to be a long wait. I was SO tempted to text Ethan. Even more I wanted to call him and hear his voice. But I stopped myself  and took out my iPod instead. Just as I was plugging in my earphones, I heard a car beep.

I looked up and there was a silver sports car, it was convertible. I didn't know much about cars but damn, this looked classy. I had never seen it before so I frowned, taking out my headphones as I looked at the driver's face. He looked familiar. Where had I seen him?

"Hey, you!" I heard him say and I raised my brows, he laughed, "You don't remember  me, do you? I'm Luke, Brianna's friend? From Tyler's party?"

Oh! I smiled and got up and walked towards him, "I remember you now! Nice car by the way."

He grinned. This boy was really good-looking with the sandy blonde hair covering his forehead and those brown eyes. Of course, Ethan was gorgeous but don't blame me for being biased. He interrupted my thoughts, "You want me to give you a ride?"

"Um, well I was waiting for the bus.." I said looking at the very pathetically empty road.

"It could take forever. Come on I really don't mind, you're Bri's friend so you're my friend too."

His manner was so friendly I just laughed and got in, thanking him. I gave him my address and we talked about random stuff. He was so easy to talk to. 

Luke looked at me like I was nuts and said, "So you really think cookies and cream is better than chocolate chip?"

"Yup!" 

"That is an insult to chocolate chip. I'm very disappointed in you Marissa Miller." He said in a serious tone which made me laugh even more. Somehow he even remembered my last name. I noticed him glance sideways at me in amusment, his brown eyes lighting up. Hmm.. he really was a looker. And no, I wasn't crushing on him. I was just wondering... him and Brianna would be so cute together. They ARE friends, but I knew she hates him right now because of the whole Rebecca thing. I wonder...

"So which one is your house?" He murmured looking around the neighbourhood. I pointed towards the one on the far end and he drove there slowly. It was a nice ride, I got out and he leaned over to say, "Nice getting to know you Marissa. You know I really don't mind driving you my house is nearby. So just ask me whenever you want."

I smiled gratefully, and we exchanged numbers. I invited him in to be polite but to be honest I just wanted to sulk around all day in my room about not being able to see Ethan for six more days. Luke seemed happy at the offer and parked his car and followed me inside. I led him to the kitchen and he sat on one of the kitchen counter chairs as I  poured out water for both of us. 

Only then did I realise how inappropriate it is for me to let him come in. I mean, I hardly even know this guy. Heck, I don't even know his last name. But he used to be friends with Bri, he's probably Ethan's friend too. 

I rolled my eyes, this is so like me, always over-thinking stupid situations.

"So, Marissa..." Luke began. "Why didn't Ethan drop you home?"

"Actually, he moved into the school dorms, so yeah.. and we're kinda taking a break right now.." I trailed off. Gosh I miss him so freaking much. 

"Oh." Luke seemed shocked but hid it away with a smile, "That's nice. So is this a deal?"

I was taken aback. What was he talking about? Did I miss a whole part of the conversation since I was too busy day-dreaming about Ethan? When he noticed my confusion he just chuckled lightly and added, "About the me giving you a ride thing. You're in most of my classes so I really don't mind driving you. I live two streets off this one, so it's no trouble."

Aw, he was so sweet. Bri really needs to stop holding a grudge against him, he doesn't deserve it. But then again Brianna is Brianna, she can be over-dramatic, but that's what we love about her. I looked at him uncertain, "Why would you want to do that? Even if it's no trouble I can always take the bus."

He glanced up at me and said, "Well, number 1, the public bus has all sorts of creeps from other schools, you wouldn't want to deal with them everyday, and secondly, you're good company."

I smiled at that. I've been smiling a lot. I probably look like an idiot. I pretended to think about it then said, "Thanks that would be great. But just know that I wouldn't hold it against you if you change your mind."

He rolled his eyes laughing, "Stop being so nice. It would be good to actually have a friend who doesn't think you're a total jerk."

I frowned. Bri had called him a jerk at the party. My curiousity got the better of me and I asked him "But you have loads of friends right? Weren't you part of the whole gang or whatever you guys call it? With Ethan and Brianna and all?"

He gave me a sad smile then told me the whole story. Apparently, after what Rebecca did to me, Ethan was really pissed off and Brianna took his side, so did Tyler and most of the others. So the whole popular gang has split up. Some on Ethan's side and others on Rebecca's. Luke said he was on Rebecca's side at first but  that's only because she lied to him about what she had done and made it seem like she was the victim  of the whole situation instead of me. But when he found out the truth, he left Rebecca's group and tried to apologise to Ethan and all but they wouldn't believe him and wanted to have nothing to do with him. To me it all just sounds childish. So right  now he was no friends. Poor guy!

I put my hand over his across the counter. "I'm really sorry. If you want I could speak to Ethan or Brianna, I'm sure they'll understand."

He sighed loudly and shook his head, "I tried. And if you had to do that for me I would feel pathetic."

He smiled there at the end and I couldn't  help but smile back. Then I changed the subject, "So, since you're a loner, you should hang out with my friends!"

He laughed, it was so carefree, "Seriously?"

"Yup! It's a deal. You get to drive me home and I get to be your friend!"

"Sounds good to me." He said smoothly. The his expression changed and he looked worried, "Wait, are you sure Ethan would be okay with this? I mean.. you know.. since he takes me as an enemy and what not."

I rolled my eyes, "Like I said Ethan and I are  taking a break. I can be friends with whoever I want. And  plus, I think their reasons for not being friends with you are  so childish!"

He grinned, "You are going to be one awesome best friend."

This was great. At least I wouldn't be moping around all week about not being able to see Ethan as much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 74 30
Currently rewriting past chapters
6.3M 191K 48
Sienna Mast is a tough girl and she always has been. But everybody has their breaking point. Sienna's abusive household becomes too much for her, so...
4.6K 314 43
it was my first fic so its lowkey cringy so please ignore the cringe worth parts TvT - You lived in a small, quiet town where it rained all day or wa...
Case Reopened By Joy

Teen Fiction

211K 14.5K 63
2nd Book of A Secret Service one shots. The last chapter of the last chapter isn't even the last chapter because chapters keep appearing. #1 in Frien...