Straight as They Come, Kinda

By slimmwrites

[Featured in FreetheLGBT: Diverse Literature reading list and Humor: Young. Dumb. Full of Fun list] Colin Mit... More

Intro: Straight As They Come, Kinda
1: Stay In Your Lane, It's Aisle 9
2: Too Flashy?
3: Cold Shoulders and Fists
4: Is He Still Alive?
5: Don't Take His Rambling Seriously
6: Making Cereal = Excellent Cuisine
7: Sibling Love, Anyone?
8: Pikachu
9: Homer Simpson, is that you?
10: The rent? He spent it
11: Red and Other Colored Kisses
12: Fuck off? Fuck off
13: Not-So-Secretive Lunch Dates
14: Taylor Swift Has Competition
15: Heat
16: Alcohol and Bad Decisions
17: Peter and the F word- A duology
18: Bed head Mornings
19: Caring For a Nuisance
20: Just Two Guys, Chilling in a Pool
21: Sparkling Climaxes Are a Thing?
22: Fall in Leaves, Fall in Trouble
23: Infinitely Beautiful
24: Heart Pangs
25: Worth the Wait
26: At a Pause
27: Waddle Along
29: Expensively-dressed Nightmares
30: Sass Me, Will You?
31: Mark You as Mine
32: Desperate Warmth
33: Tearing Me Apart
34: Ghost Stains
35: I'll Come back
36: Unapologetic Indulgements
37: Sorta. Maybe. Kinda
38: Reversed
Special: Cast and Writer Interview
39: Where it Started
40: Lifelong Promises
Bonus 1 | We're not in Kansas Anymore
Bonus 2 | Yachts or Kids?

28: Bear Dogs and FaceTime Calls

4.7K 410 1.2K
By slimmwrites

Warning: Cuteness overload in first half and smuffy tension in second half

This was the first time Colin was babysitting Lily without Peter. After Ivy had called to ask if he could take up the role while she took up an extra shift at work, he also took up the task of taking care of her until her mother returned.

It would be fun. It had been fun all the previous times, he expected that. What he didn't expect was how... dull things seemed after a while.

"Hey, flower?"

"Yes?" The girl said, closing the small book she was reading-- or trying to. She was listening to the audiobook version while she followed along with her fingers running over the raised bumps on the pages of the physical book in her hand. Now the voice reading had stopped and her attention was on Colin.

"How do you feel about going out for a while?"

"Out where?"

Colin actually hadn't considered where he'd take the little girl if she agreed-- he thought she might prefer reading the book for the fourth time in a row since she'd done it thrice already. Nonetheless, the ideal place should be somewhere Lily would be interested in going.

"Guess."

"The park?"

Then the park they shall go. "How did you know, Lily?"

She shrugged, small shoulders rising and falling with a slump while her hands made a clueless gesture. "I guessed."

"Can you give me my coat?"

Colin handed Lily the article of clothing after taking it out of her bag, and watched as she felt around for the arm holes, slipping her small hands through them and shrugging the material on. She stretched out her hand after she was done and the brunet placed her scarf in it.

"You can get dressed by yourself?" Colin asked watching her as she adjusted the scarf and huffed out a breath.

"Yup. My mommy lays out my clothes for me so I put them on. But sometimes, I get them from the closet myself." She gave Colin a big, proud smile that made her eyes draw to a thin line. Looking at her beaming face, Colin could do nothing to stop the smile that turned his own lips up.

"Then why did Pika-- Peter take you to the changing room when you came to the studio?" Colin bit his lip at his fumble.

"I can't do the zippers."

"Makes sense." Colin proceeded to hand her a knit hat as he slipped on a jacket and tied his own scarf around his neck. Once done, he took Lily's hand and they set off for the family park a couple of blocks away. In the elevator, Colin let the little girl push the button that sent them to the first floor. That little act made Lily smile again as he held onto her hand and walked her to his car. Colin could feel his heart fucking melting anytime she held onto him a little tighter.

It was just over fifteen minutes of their wandering in the park that they ran into a dog-- no, it was more like it ran up to them.

"Is that a puppy?" Lily asked, probably from hearing the dog's barking, and then its panting, as it got closer.

"You could say that..." Colin's eyes didn't have to travel far down as he assessed the animal. That dog was anything but a puppy. It was a freaking wolf incarnate. With greys and browns sprinkled into the black hairs of fur on its massive-- extremely massive-- body, Colin knew he'd do nothing but head the other way if he had met this dog anywhere else. It seemed tame, friendly even, with how it looked at Lily with interest in its blackhole eyes and happily wagging tail. Even its barks sounded excited, if you ignored the intimidation those booms carried.

"Can I pet it?" Lily asked, bouncing on the heels of her boots.

Colin scratched the back of his head, looking at the expectant dog whose tongue hang out as it panted, as if it understood what was happening and solidly sided with Lily. "Uhh, we have to ask the owner first."

"Okay," Lily said. "Let's go find them."

The dog walked next to them as they trod forwards, Colin looking out for anyone who looked like they were missing this giant of a pet. They were halfway through the park when they heard someone yelling.

It was a lady, jogging in their direction with a leash in her hand. "Hey! Hey, wait."

The dogs hairy ears perked up and it looked in the direction of the lady, and recognising her, began to jump, barking-- howling, whatever the fuck dogs like that did.

"Is this your dog?" Colin asked, pointing to the dog who didn't even need to be pointed at.

"Not technically. Rocco belongs to my cousin." She clipped on the leash and wiped sweat off her brow. "He ran off and I had to chase him down. Thank you for finding him."

"It was the other way around. He found us instead."

"Can I pet Rocco?" Lily piped up, pouting her lips and pushing them out as far as they could go.

The woman looked from Lily to Colin as if to ask if he was okay with the girl touching the huge bear-wolf dog, whatever it was. Colin mouthed "Does he bite?" and received a head shake from the woman.

He then nodded to their new companion, having no reason to deny the enlivened girl of the opportunity and leave her disappointed. The lady's lips broke into a warm smile as she patted Rocco's head and loosened her grip on his leash, saying to Lily, "I don't see why not."

The girl reached out to the dog who fit it's head under her waiting palm. Tail wagging rapidly, Rocco nuzzled Lily's palm and she dropped to a crouch. Her hands roamed the dogs body, ruffling long tufts of hair and she hugged the clearly elated dog. "He's so fluffy I'm gonna die," Lily mumbled.

"Did she just quote--"

"Despicable me," Colin provided. "Apparently yes."

The lady giggled, before offering a gloved hand. "I'm Elaine."

"Colin," he said, shaking her hand.

"You have a lovely child," Elaine commented as her eyes sought out Lily who was hanging onto Rocco's collar as he ran. They both fell shortly, Lily bursting into uncontrollable laughter as the furry creature tried to roll her over once it got on its feet.

"That she is." Colin nodded, hands settling into the cozy pocket of his jacket. "But she's not mine. She's my person's niece."

"Touché," Elaine said, eyebrows lifting as a smile lit up her face. "Though it doesn't change that you'd make a great dad."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"He's so big, Colin," Lily said laughing. She was feeling the dog now, tracing her hand over Rocco's ears and moving until her fingers got to the end of its tail.

"Huge!" Colin responded. "He can't even fit in my apartment so don't think of ever getting him there."

Lily called out with a giggles. "You're lying."

Colin and Elaine took seats on a bench nearby and kept an eye on a girl and a dog until a girl and a dog were exhausted from running around and falling twelve too many times. Yes, Colin took count.

"Colin, can we come see Rocco again?" Lily asked, taking in huge gulps of air as she caught her breath. She could hardly stand up straight with how Rocco circled her feet, so Colin held her steady but her shoulders.

"You heard the flower, can we?" The brunet asked Elaine.

"Rocco and I will be around, same time next week. Come find us by the fountain."

"Heard that? Convince mommy you wanna come over next week so we can come see your new friend."

°

Colin was just done with washing away the remains of mac and cheese on his plate when his phone rang. He picked up and listened to Peter complain about being loaded with assignments, aggressively tell him that he missed him, before calmly asking, "What's up?" All through the aggresive proclaim of pining, there had been an occasional sound. It was hard to decipher.

"Nothing really, just chilling by myself." The brunet replied. "I took Lily to the park though."

"Nice." The weird sound from Peter's end was consistent now.

"How was your d--" Colin paused as the noises got louder. "Hold on. Turn on video."

"No," the dark-haired boy protested, voice a little too breathy.

"Then I'm just gonna end--"

"Fuck. Wait, I'll just..." Peter groaned. His face came into focus on Colin's screen a microsecond later, flushed red. His hair was a mess and it looked like he was lying on his back from the way the phone was angled.

"Why are you sweating so much?" Colin asked, concerned with whether Peter had developed a fever or something. "Are you sick?"

"No, I'm not," Peter said with a frown. He closed his eyes for a second and breathed in deeply, nibbling on his lip.

"Tell me what that sound is."

It suddenly stopped. "You don't wanna know."

"So it means you did them intentionally and you don't want to tell me," Colin observed. "Okay, bye."

"Not yet, don't go yet until we're... finished."

"What are you doing, Pikachu?" Colin had a hint on what was going on with the Asian, he was sure he was right about it, judging from the expression and small body spasms Peter had. The more he listened, the more he was certain.

"Ugh, since you want me to say it so bad I will. I'm jerking off to the sound of your voice, Colin Mitchell. There." Peter's lips turned down. "Now just shut the fuck up and keep talking before my roommate turns up."

"That doesn't even make sense."

"Ah, I don't fucking care, okay? You're killing the mood."

"So you don't want to hear my voice?" Colin teased.

The reply he got made him cough out a laugh. "I have never wanted to punch someone so much in my life."

Colin also turned on his camera, rubbing his neck with his free hand. "You're being stubborn again, I'll let it slide and do what you want if you lower the camera."

"What?"

"I seen your dick before, I've had it down my throat." Peter visibly cringed, a reaction that got him one of Colin's grins. "Let me take a peek at you, Pikachu."

"You think you're so funny, don't you?" Peter grumbled as he pointed the camera at his crotch, taking a moment to shift the comforter that lay over his erection.

"Oh, that's nice. Just looking at you stroke it is making me hard too," Colin sighed as he palmed himself, adding, "Plug your earphones in. No one has to hear this but you."

The camera on Peter's side showed the ceiling of his room as he let the phone drop onto the bed, scrambling to find his earphones. His head popped into view a while later, a frustrated expression drawn on his features as he tried to undo the tangled cords.

Using that to his advantage, Colin got rid of any below-the-waist clothing, rendering him naked since he wasn't wearing a shirt in the first place. "You ready?"

"Yes."

"Let me see you one more time," the brunet mused. Peter rolled his eyes but did as Colin requested. Which was good because Colin knew just how to show appreciation. "Holy shit, I can't get over how pretty it is."

"How-- what? Who even says that?" Peter laughed; it was the usual ugly laughter that made howler monkeys cower in defeat.

"Now you're killing the mood for me."

"Don't tell me you're also--"

"I don't see how that should surprise you, baby." Colin threw his head back as he slowly thrust up into his hand. "Just... no more laughing if you want me to continue, okay?"

"Yes please."

"That's a good boy." A pleased smile. "I keep thinking about how tight and warm you were when I was inside you, still fantasize about it."

"You were a little rough."

"You felt perfect. You acted cheeky. I lost control. I'm sorry.

"It's fine... I, uh, liked it."

"Hmm," Colin hummed, a lazy smile on his face. "I'll make sure you love it next time."

"Bet."

"I might even let you..." Colin trailed off, breath hitching. "Oh fuck," he moaned, hand moving a pace faster.

"Your voice is really nice."

"I would sing for you if I could."

"Let's discuss that after this.

"I want to touch you," Colin swallowed, "to taste your pretty lips right after you suck me dry."

"I'll have to swallow?" Peter asked.

"Yes," Colin replied.

"Ew, that's gross." Laughter.

"Not as gross as eating ass but do you see anyone complain?"

"I am."

"Your complaints don't count since you're not gay."

"I might be-- bisexual, I mean."

"Might."

"Yes," the Asian groaned through clenched teeth. "Might."

"I'm getting close even though we're going off topic."

"Same here."

"Can I watch as you come?" Colin questioned.

"Can I do same?" Peter answered with a question too.

"Sure."

"Sure," Peter parroted.

Both of them flipped their phone's cameras, Peter having to completely throw off the covers blocking Colin's view of his arousal.

None of them said another word as their hands worked, their eyes fixated on the other's activities through their phones. Grunts, sighs and low moans were all that they could manage, until the moment when pleasure lifted their spirits out of their bodies. Even the small "Colin" Peter sighed was softer than the comforter his toes curled on. Colin watched as both his legs fell apart and his body released what it had been holding back. The brunet also let himself go, clutching the sheets beneath. His head felt light, a contented smile on his face.

They both took some minutes to find tissues to clean themselves up, returning once they were done.

"Where were we before I called you out?" Colin asked as he set his phone on the bed with the pop socket holding it up. He turned to lay on his side.

"You were asking how my day went."

"Right," Colin raked his fingers through his tousled hair. "How was your day?"

"Good. I went for this awesome shoot, I even received some of the pictures from it right before you called."

"Can I see?"

"I'll send them."

Colin's phone pinged as the images came in. He checked them as soon as the notification came and was grinning with every swipe of his thumb. "Damn, the fucking beauty."

The grin vanished as quickly as it had been conjured when he spotted that guy in the next photo. And the next. And the next. There were even ones where he was chatting with Peter, that cocky smile which made both guys and girls swoon when he flashed it. Colin had been one of them, the swooners. He had been so deep in that he had allowed himself to get involved with this guy.

"Don't tell me that's Marcus Hall with you..."

"Oh you know him? He's pretty cool. Fun to talk to."

Shit. Colin had not idea he would ever have to think about Marcus Hall after the guy had gone to Italy and he had finally gotten over him.

"Yeah, I know him. I-- I'll call you back."

Colin ended the call.

~~

Thank you for 24k reads!

What did you think of this chapter? Of Lily? Rocco?? The mystery of Marcus???
LET ME HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS

And the Mitchu moment right there??? Holy shizzez--

Remember to vote, guys!

I'll also be publishing another diverse bxb book with the best friends to lovers troupe!! Alongside a gxg christmas romance novella!! Howbowdah?? Expect the intros and first chapters on my profile soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.2K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
1.1M 48.1K 66
This story is complete ✅ Casey is a nerd, but the charming, cute type. He evades college parties like the plague. Who knew he would accidentally jump...
44.1K 1.8K 43
[boyxboy] Cameron Patterson and Aaron Williams have hated each other for as long as either of them can remember. Because they play positions that cou...