Stronger || NCT mafia au

By bbluejaee

"People like me don't get happy endings." "What if I changed that for you?" What happens when the most feared... More

Prologue
Introduction | important!!!
Chapter 1 | "activate mafia mode"
Chapter 2 | "a little first day fun"
Chapter 3 | "please enjoy the show"
Chapter 4 | "hidden killers"
Chapter 5 | "I won't let it happen again"
Chapter 6 | "lights out"
Chapter 7 | "I'm just happy"
Chapter 8 | "lucky to have you"
Chapter 9 | "finally grown up"
Chapter 10 | "all in the details"
Chapter 11 | "never lose focus"
Chapter 12 | "we're friends"
Chapter 13 | "he deserves it"
Chapter 14 | "how dare you"
Chapter 15 | "I'm ok"
Chapter 16 | "you're the best"
Chapter 17 | "that was rude"
Chapter 18 | "a pretty great team"
Chapter 19 "you're ready"
Chapter 20 | "pull the trigger"
Chapter 21 | "today's the day"
Chapter 22 | "i saw you"
Chapter 23 | "tame the savages"
Chapter 24 | "anything but guarenteed"
Chapter 25 | "you'll get used to it"
Chapter 26 | "aren't you lucky"
Chapter 27 | "sorry about that"
Chapter 28 | "meet the newbie"
Chapter 30 | "and what about it"
Chapter 31 | "fight for this"
Chapter 32 | "an announcement"
Chapter 33 | "stunning"
Chapter 34 | "dance with me"
Chapter 35 | "I'd love to"
Chapter 36 | "challenge accepted"
Chapter 37 | "compromised"
Chapter 38 | "run"
Chapter 39 | "hold on"
Chapter 40 | "never say that"
Chapter 41 | "i cant"
Chapter 42 | "are you kidding?"
Chapter 43 | "heartbeat"
Chapter 44 | "changed my life"
Chapter 45 | "sounds perfect"
Chapter 46 | "great minds"
Chapter 47 | "falling for her"
Chapter 48 | "make me cry"
Chapter 49 | "they got him"
Chapter 50 | "goodbye?"
Chapter 51 | "they're here"
Chapter 52 | "just stay alive"
Chapter 53 | "the party has begun"
Chapter 54 | "didn't think so"
Chapter 55 | "come back to us"
Chapter 56 | "stay strong"
Chapter 57 | "i promise"
Chapter 58 | "right away"
Chapter 59 | "what happened"
Chapter 60 | "i missed you"
Chapter 61 | "treat her well"
Chapter 62 | "trust you"
Chapter 63 | "you're an idiot"
Chapter 64 | "not gonna be happy"
Chapter 65 | "act fast"
Chapter 66 | "get out"
Chapter 67 | "i got you"
Chapter 68 | "left behind"
Chapter 69 | "i got you"
Chapter 70 | "nightmare"
Chapter 71 | "brave face"
Chapter 72 | "finally"
Chapter 73 | "what?"
Chapter 74 | "lucky one"
Chapter 75 | "back at last"
Chapter 76 | "one last fight"
Chapter 77 | "what you came for"
Chapter 78 | "thank you"
Epilogue
New Book! Mark mafia ff
New Book! Jaehyun high school ff
New Book (kinda)!! Renjun royalty ff
New Book! Haechan mafia ff
New Book! Taeyong mafia ff
New Book! Jeno mafia ff
NEW STORY

Chapter 29 | "I didn't ask you"

3.5K 150 103
By bbluejaee

Jeno and Jihyun continued their training for the following weeks, being joined everyday by Sungchan, Mark, and Donghyuck. Jeno began to grow close with the three boys, all of them becoming comfortable around one another.

"Wow look at them."

"They look so good together"

"I'm jealous, I want to be best friends with Jihyun too"

"Please, I would kill to be around Jeno all the time."

Jaemin rolled his eyes after shoving his books into his locker. The students filled the hallways with excited whispers as Jihyun walked by with Jeno at her side. The two were rarely seen without one another, and the whole school took note of it. Most of the students stared in awe at the legendary Jihyun and her new ace trainee.

"Don't worry, Jaemin, remember what Jihyun said last time." Jisung says closing his locker and turning to the older boy. "She won't forget about us."

"It's been weeks, and she hasn't said more than maybe three words to us. Seems like we're already forgotten." Jaemin trails off as the two make their way to the cafeteria.

They take their seats at their usual table, Renjun and Chenle already seated. They notice Jaemin's strange mood, staring questioningly at Jisung. He just rolls his eyes in response, mouthing Jihyun's name as the other two nod in realization.

"Relax Jaemin, she's going to ask us to join her team as long as we do well, she's just waiting for the right time." Renjun says, putting down his fork to stare at the angry boy.

"Yeah man, chill. She won't forget about us" Chenle says as he lightly nudges Jaemin to snap him out of his trance. "Plus, it's not like they're dating so you can stop being so jealous." Jaemin stiffens up at Chenle's words.

"Why would I care if they're dating?" Jaemin mumbles out. The other three remain silent, exchanging knowing looks with one another.

Soon the cafeteria doors open and the students begin to whisper. Hearing the commotion, the four boys turn to look at the entrance.

Jaemin's eyes light up as he sees Jihyun standing there. His shoulders droop a bit as he notices Jeno right beside her, but he's glad to see them nonetheless.

He raises his hand to wave at them, signaling for them to come and join them. He stares at them expectantly, waiting for them to walk over. Jeno makes brief eye contact with Jaemin before whispering something in Jihyun's ear.

She smiles at him and nods. The two walk in, Jeno putting an arm over her shoulders. Much to Jaemin's surprise, they don't come and join them. Instead, they go sit at a different table and begin to talk animatedly with one another.

"I guess they aren't going to join us today..." Jisung trails off dejectedly.

"Maybe they need to discuss something private or maybe they're waiting for someone." Chenle suggests, trying to defuse the situation but to no avail.

Jaemin sits in his seat fuming, jealousy seemingly radiating off of him as he cannot tear his eyes away from the pair. He watches how close the two are, Jeno often nudging her or Jihyun resting a hand on his shoulder as they joke around. He feels a pain in his chest as he watches Jeno make her smile. He feels his heart breaking as he watches her replace him.

The doors open again, forcing Jaemin to break his stare. He sees three members of NCT, who he recognizes to be Mark, Donghyuck, and Jihyun's renowned ace Sungchan.

He watches as the three of them approach Jihyun and Jeno's table. He stares in shock as Jeno gets up and greets them, bro hugging all of them as they sit down.

"I guess Jeno's found some new friends too, huh..." Renjun says sadly, also watching as Jeno talks with the newcomers.

Suddenly Jihyun stands up from her seat, moving to stand on the small stage at the head of the room. She clears her throat and the whole room goes silent.

"Attention students. For all senior trainees, your schedules will be altered tomorrow. You will be spending the whole day in a workshop taught by me, with the help of some of my fellow NCT members." The seniors begin to whisper excitedly at the news.

"We'll be covering a lot of different skills and we will be watching your performance. You have the rest of the day off to practice anything you want, I'll just say that it would be in your best interest to impress us tomorrow. That is all" she steps off of the stage and walks back to her seat.

All of the seniors quickly stand and rush out of the cafeteria to practice.

"C'mon guys this could be our chance! Let's go train!" Chenle says excitedly. Soon the four of them stand, dragging a pouting Jaemin with them, and head to train.

"So Jihyun," Jeno says, slinging an arm around her and pulling her close to him, "am I going to be with you tomorrow?"

"Of course you are, dummy." She says, scoffing as she comfortably leans into his chest. "You and Sungchan are my examples for tomorrow. The three of us will be the main demonstrators. Show what an ace, or an ace in training, is really like."

"What about the other members?" Jeno asks.

"We're more there to observe, only jumping in if we're needed." Mark answers, "there might be some cuts after tomorrow, that or Jihyun might choose some more ace trainees."

"You'd finally have some other trainees to work with." Jihyun says, looking up at him with a smile.

"That's nice, but I don't really need them when I have you." He says, smiling sweetly as he stares down at her.

Donghyuck starts to make fake throw up sounds at his words, causing the others to laugh. Just as Jeno is about to respond, he feels a hand on his shoulder. He's harshly shoved to the side, his arm being ripped away from Jihyun. He turns around angrily to see an equally angry Jaehyun staring down at him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing kid?" Jaehyun growls out.

"Jae it's fine he-"

"I didn't ask you, Ji." He says, looking at her for a moment before turning back to Jeno. "Ace trainee or not, I don't give a shit. At the end of the day, you're nothing."

"I'm her friend too, you know. Is it a crime for two friends to hang out?" Jeno says, a slight bite to his words as he returns Jaehyun's cold glare.

"I could destroy you right here kid. Don't you ever lay another finger on her. You're worthless here." Jaehyun spits out.

"And who-"

"Enough." Jihyun stands, shoving the two away from one another.

"Jeno sit down. Jaehyun still has authority over you, don't talk back." She turns to him with a stern look. Jeno nods his head, looking down and taking a seat, a fire still burning in his eyes.

"And Jaehyun" she says, turning back to the older boy. "You need to chill. I'm a big girl. I can handle myself and Jeno's right, we're friends. I'm okay with it." She says, carefully emphasizing each word in her last sentence.

"He's acting like he owns you"

"He's acting like he's comfortable with me. And I'd hope he would be. If anyone's being possessive here, it's you." She says with a frustrated sigh.

Jaehyun just rolls his eyes in response. After sending Jeno one last glare, he turns and stalks out of the cafeteria. Jihyun watches him leave before sitting down with an annoyed huff.

"Is everything ok, Jihyun?" Jeno asks in concern.

"Don't worry about it. This happens a lot" Sungchan replies.

"Yeah, Jaehyun gets all jealous and pissy and Jihyun tells him off like the badass she is" Donghyck adds on, quickly high fiving Jihyun with a laugh.

"They fight a lot. It's kinda their thing." Mark says with a shrug.

"Always has been, ever since we were little. It gives me a headache." Jihyun says, turning to Jeno.

"Yikes, I'd hate to fight with you." Jeno says with a laugh.

"Yeah cuz she'd humiliate your ass so much you'd have to go into hiding" Donghyuck exclaims, causing Mark to slap the back of his head.

"C'mon Jeno," Jihyun says, standing up, "let's ditch these idiots and make sure you're ready to show off tomorrow"

Jeno nods his head in agreement, standing up as well and following Jihyun back to their training center.

———
Ooh yeah double update, plus a jealous Jaehyun👀 Any thoughts on who she should end up with?
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.2K 55
He was in a mafia gang, she was an innocent girl. When they cross paths, what would happen? •Mafia/soulmate au. Highest ranking: #1 NCT !! (x5 and m...
29.2K 582 40
NCT OT23 Mafia/ Gang au Lee Jeno 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚟𝚞𝚕𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎. 𝙷𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚑�...
33.7K 1.5K 29
❝Keep stealing my attention, maybe I might give it to you more than you want.❞ Nothing is more of a distraction than the sight of her needing eyes a...
56.9K 1.4K 40
NCT OT23 Mafia/Gang au Park Jisung Sequel Healed 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍. 𝙷𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍. 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚖𝚒�...