The Harper Boys (Wattpad Vers...

By angel48183

Growing up next to the Harper boys, Tori Williams learned to hold her own with them. Her brother Gabe is best... More

The Harper boys
Changes
Going to the cabin
The start
Camping with the Harper boys
Coming home
First day of school and issues
Babysitter
You got to work or something like that
Returning to issues
Ice cream makes everything better
Well, sh*t
Confusion doesn't explain things
Returning to school
Life is tricky then there are the Harpers
Adjustments
Unexpected friendship
Carnivals and jealousy
Dealing with the fallout
What was that?
You got sisters, I got brothers
Dealing with life
Well, that's a fine mess
An understanding
The Gray Brothers' bakery
Let's talk about raincoats
Weekend getaway
Antics galore
It's all fun and games until someone gets beamed with an apple
Crazy is as crazy does
Someone always gets sick
Unconditional Love
Someone is watching
Homecoming, part 1
Homecoming, part 2
All hell breaks loose
Aftermath
Halloween with the Harpers
Normal is a dryer setting
Look who turns 18
Thanksgiving shenanigans
New territory
Christmas chaos
Christmas chaos, part two
Senior year in full effect
Valentine's weekend
Snowstorm
Storm
Curveballs
Planning and hustling
Irish eyes are smiling
Wedding chaos
Reception antics
Spring break
Spring break at Universal Studios
Telling the folks
Prom
Graduation
The Harper Cousins are at it again

Hanging out

2.7K 120 51
By angel48183

Tori

I woke up with a fat lip: freaking, Bradley. I laid in bed, thinking of ways to get even with his stupid ass. What in the hell was I thinking? I can't believe I dated that schmuck. I sighed.

Well, nature calls as I got out of bed and came out of my room. I passed Gabe's bedroom on my way to the bathroom, then stopped. I backed up to see Elias in Gabe's bedroom. I walked in, feeling confused.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

Elias turned around as Gabe came into his room. He handed Elias a book.

"Here's the book you wanted," Gabe mentioned.

I shook my head and went to the bathroom. As I sat there on the toilet, it dawned on me, Elias saw me in my PJs. Well, shit.

*******
Elias

Gabe handed me the book. "Is there a reason why you asked for a book?  I didn't think this was part of the plan," he mentioned to me.

"We need to keep this natural. Now you do your part," I said.

Gabe nodded as I saw Tori dart past his doorway. I chuckled. She was adorable. We left Gabe's bedroom and went downstairs.

"Hey, Elias. Would you like to stay for breakfast?" Sydney asked me. She's setting the table with plates.

"I would love to," I answered.

Everyone had plans for me to fake date Tori. I had my plans. Tori didn't know it yet, but she would know what a real man looks like. Bradley Wilson is a dipshit and didn't deserve Tori. It didn't matter. No guy would ever be good enough for her, except me.

********
Tori

I grabbed clothes and rushed to the bathroom, so Elias didn't see me in my PJs. I showered, then dressed. I threw my hair into a ponytail. I came downstairs and walked over to the table. I sat down, then looked up to see Elias sitting across from me.

"Why are you here?" I asked Elias.

"Tori, don't be rude," my mom told me. She passed my dad a plate. Dad snickered.

"Your mom invited me for breakfast. I accepted," Elias said with a shrug.

"Don't you have a home that serves breakfast?" I questioned.

"Yes, and my mom makes excellent breakfast," Elias countered.

"Then why don't you eat there?"

"Because I wouldn't see your sourpuss." Elias smiled.

"I don't have a sourpuss," I grumbled.

"You look like you sucked on a lemon," Elias said.

I looked at Elias with confusion. Gabe was laughing, and my dad was chuckling. I'm so glad they found amusement in my situation.

"So Elias, what are your plans?" Mom asked between bites.

"I'm working in construction, designing houses," Elias answered, surprising me.

"Nora told me a girl broke up with you," mom mentioned.

Real subtle there, mom.

"Yeah, the girl was a flake who didn't like someone who's deaf," Elias answered.

I stopped mid-bite. "Why?" I asked.

Elias looked at me. "Because the girl wasn't the right girl for me. It doesn't matter," he said.

"The girl is stupid if she can't see past your deafness," I said, feeling irritated. Elias is deaf. So what? A disability shouldn't matter to someone.

"I agree," mom said while eating.

"I thought I would take Tori out to cheer her up," Elias mentioned as he ate.

I spit out my drink.

"Was it something I said?" Elias asked.

I choked on my drink as I grabbed a napkin and wiped my face.

"Thanks for the shower, Tori," Gabe said, cleaning himself off.

"No," I coughed.

"I think that's a great idea," mom agreed.

I held a napkin on my face while looking at my mom. I don't understand my parents. They hated Bradley Wilson but are okay with Elias hanging out with me. The next thing I know, mom will plan my wedding.

******
Elias

I had to play this right. I didn't want Tori to think I waited for her to drop Bradley. Plus, I wanted to take my time. She deserved the best of me.

We finished breakfast, and I waited. Tori grabbed her bag, and we left the house. We walked towards the car and got in. I backed out and drove to the park. We got out of the vehicle.

"Interesting place to hang out," Tori mentioned.

"Who doesn't love a park?" I asked over the roof of the car.

"You would be amazed."

We closed the doors and walked over to the swings. We sat down and started swinging.

"Okay, spill. Why Bradley Wilson?" I asked, swinging back and forth.

"Because I'm young and dumb," Tori answered.

I slowed down and stopped. Tori followed suit. We sat there.

"Why don't you give yourself more credit?" I asked.

Tori looked at me. "Who wants to date a tomboy? I couldn't date until I turned sixteen. Bradley was the only one who asked me out."

"How did that work out for you?" I asked.

"Not so good," she answered.

I chuckled.

"But Deacon is right," Tori added.

"About what?" I asked.

"Bradley is a one-inch man."

I looked at Tori, surprised.

"Do you know he would take me to a secluded place so he could beat off?" Tori asked me.

"No, and I didn't want to know that. Thanks for sharing," I answered, rolling my eyes.

"Sharing is caring." Tori grinned.

I shook my head. "Don't tell me you and Bradley did anything."

"Oh, God no," Tori said with disgust. "Bradley kept wanting to, but I'm not ready. Plus, I don't want personal moments with someone I don't love."

So Tori's never been in love. That's a new development. I have to change that.

"What about that crush you had?" I asked.

"I don't know." Tori shrugged.

"Did you ever tell your crush?"

Tori looked at me. "I doubt the guy would feel the same way. Some guys use a crush to crush the person. I know it happened to me."

I furrowed my brows.

"What if your crush didn't know and it was an accident?" I asked.

"That makes my crush dumb."

I arched an eyebrow at Tori.

"How does a guy not know a girl likes him?  The signs are obvious," Tori retorted.

"Not always," I reasoned.

We looked at each other. I wasn't aware of Tori's crush, but she doesn't know my feelings changed. We'll have to change that.

We got off of the swings and walked towards the water. I realized that Tori didn't want to get crushed. I don't want to destroy her. I had to show her I wouldn't.

People say friendship turns to love. I hope that's true. Tori never judged me. She was everything a guy wants and more. One day, I would show her I'm that guy.

********
Tori

Hanging out with Elias was making old feelings resurface. He changed a lot since he graduated from high school but kept his personality. He never made me feel I didn't matter and would listen to me. It's what made me develop a crush in the beginning.

We walked over the railing and leaned on it.

"My brothers and I were talking about, heading to the cabin for a week. Did you want to come?" Elias asked me.

I looked at Elias. "My parents won't let me go unless Gabe goes," I mentioned.

"It's a good thing Gabe is coming with Gia," Elias said, surprising me.

"Hanging out with everyone for a week should be interesting," I said.

"It's like the last hurrah before Deacon graduates, and I start work," Elias mentioned.

"It'll take my mind off what happened."

"That's the spirit." Elias gave me a playful slug in the arm.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I'm spending a week with my brother, Gia, and the Harper boys. Let's hope Deacon doesn't tip over the boat again. He did get smarter over the years, so it shouldn't happen. Then also, this is Deacon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 1.4K 32
Mary Fuller has always had a crush on her older brother, Hank's best friend, Beau Shaw. Beau Shaw has been on and off with his high school girlfriend...
100K 6.2K 40
When Cami moves in with the 2 most popular guys in school in a new foster home placement, she realizes that her tragic past just might make it so tha...
49.1M 912K 95
PUBLISHED ON AMAZON --GET PHYSICAL COPY OR EBOOK ALSO AVAILABLE ON BARNES & NOBLE www.sofiaqholand.com Merchandise also available Tori lived with he...
1.2M 30.8K 57
He's smirking down at me as he says, "Um, you're in my seat." I laugh and say, "You realize that is the most cliche thing you could possibly say?" ...