The Mysterious Boy || BTS (Ji...

EcstaticAce által

Jungkook is part of a futuristic world, where VR (Virtual Reality) games are normal and played often. Lately... Több

The Mysterious Boy
The Lake
New Player: Yoongi
Returning Player: Namjoon
Game Announcement
Regret
Misunderstanding
Fight
Healing
Trip: Day 1
Pounce
Reunion
Memory
Broken
Shall We?
Remember
Free
Forever Mine

Gone

100 8 48
EcstaticAce által

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm back and totally didn't fall off the face of the earth. Vet school really picked up with exams, but with the help of a small break from classes, I was able to finish the chapter. Sorry it's been a whole month, but I'll try to be better in the future! As for this chapter ... y'all aren't ready *insert evil author voice here* but I hope you all enjoy the chapter! =^_^=

------------------------------------

Jungkook quickly clocked out from work as he ran home. Due to the nice weather this morning, he walked to work. However, now that he was in a hurry to get home, he wished he had brought his car. His memories of two days ago played in his head, laying on Jin's couch and almost getting to kiss Jimin again. He took yesterday off from the game to rethink what had happened between them, almost as if he was trying to sort out his feelings. But no matter how much thinking he did, he always came back to the same conclusion.

Jimin. I need to see him. I ... I love him.

After a couple more minutes of jogging, he finally made it back to his house. He opened the door only to immediately move towards the game console, setting everything up to play Mikrokosmos. He quickly looked at his phone, seeing a missed call and quite a few unread texts from Taehyung. After what had happened between them after the short trip they took, Jungkook had been avoiding the other man. Even though he knew avoiding the situation would only make things worse, he couldn't bring himself to have a conversation. Hell, he didn't even know where to start.

Jungkook threw his phone on the couch as he put on the headset and started the game. In the blink of an eye, he was floating along pink clouds. Entering the game had always brought peace to his mind. However, he never knew where the game would transport him. The game developers said that the game was programed to start you in the location that you need the most or the location where someone else needs you the most. When Jungkook ended up at the front door of his own house, he was confused to say the least.

"Here? But ... I need to see Jimin. Why would the game drop me off at my own house?"

Jungkook sighed, opening the door as to not waste any more time. When he looked into the house, it was empty. Out of frustration, he quickly closed the door, going back outside and leaning his back against the front door.

Why would the game send me here? Think, think, think. Maybe ...

Jungkook was running before he could finish his thought, his feet moving on autopilot. He was running through trees, taking the path he'd only taken a couple times to find the man he loved. The trees started to become scarcer as he entered a clearing, moving to a slow stop. He was out of breath, his hands on his knees as he looked around the clearing.

He was met with the same lake he had met Jimin at a couple weeks ago. The water was at a standstill with a couple ripples from the breeze passing through. Jungkook had always felt at peace here, taking a moment to breathe in the fresh air and scenery. After a couple deeper breaths, he put his hands on his hips, straightening his back to try and get a better look around the area.

Jimin ... he's not here either? Where could he be? Where ...

Jungkook looked to his right as he remembered the secluded pathway, the trees and other plant life almost hiding it from view. He remembered it vaguely from the time Jimin had pulled him through twists and turns.

The treehouse. He ... he must be there, waiting for me to find him. But ... he pulled me through so fast, there's no way I'd be able to find the way there on my own.

Jungkook slowly walked to the edge of the lake, the breeze moving through his hair as he put his hands in his pant pockets. He closed his eyes, taking a slow breath as he tried to remember the path to the treehouse. After a minute in thought, he sighed in frustration as he looked to the ground. He noticed a couple pebbles on the ground, moving slowly to pick one up.

It was perfectly smooth, the sun causing it to have a slight shine to it. He turned to the side, quickly throwing the pebble towards the lake. It skipped about four times before falling in, the ripples making a pattern across the lake that caused Jungkook to feel calmer than he has in a while.

Just then, Jungkook heard a rustling to his right in the direction of the path he faintly remembered. Within seconds, the rustling continued around the perimeter of the lake. Jungkook stood straight, on edge at the sound that contradicted the peaceful aura. Jungkook quickly looked around for anything that could resemble a weapon. He could only find a large branch, quickly picking it off the ground and following the rustling sound that continued through the brush around the lake.

All of a sudden, the rustling stopped, causing Jungkook to hold his breath. He had no idea how dangerous this thing was, but he knew that the branch was probably not going to help him much. He heard the snap of a branch behind him, quickly turning around only to find the space empty. All of a sudden, he heard a whisper in his ear, causing a shiver to go up his spine as his body stiffened.

"So, you're looking for me?"

Jungkook visibly relaxed, recognizing the voice immediately. He dropped the branch he was holding and turned to face where the voice came from. However, he was met with the calm picture of the lake. Jungkook was confused, turning in circles for the hint of the man he came here looking for. He heard rustling from the brush again near the hidden path, quickly turning towards it. He could see the flash of someone running away, but he saw the glimpse of something that caused him to run after the other.

Blonde hair. It must be him. It must be Jimin. I need to follow him. I need to see him.

Jungkook followed the figure, running through the forest in hopes that he wouldn't fall behind. In his attempt to keep up with Jimin's pace, he didn't notice that one of the tree roots had come up from the ground. He fell hard onto the ground, causing Jungkook to emit a small yelp in pain. He got on his hands and knees before pushing himself back up, holding onto his left arm as it was still painful.

"Man, that was graceful." Jungkook chuckled and put pressure on his hurt arm, wincing slightly at the pain that started to diminish. Jungkook almost forgot that he was chasing after Jimin, quickly turning around in both directions to see if he could find a hint of the blonde boy. "I can't believe I lost him. Why does he want me to chase him anyway?"

Jungkook sighed, rubbing his arm one last time before continuing on the path in front of him. The path looked familiar but unfamiliar at the same time, almost as if a memory was sparking in his brain and lifting the fog.

After a couple more minutes of walking, Jungkook noticed a familiar large tree with ladder-like steps going up it. When he looked to the sky, he noticed a treehouse blocking out the sun. Jungkook quickly diverted off the path to start up the steps. His arm was still sore from his fall, but he was being driven by the hope that Jimin was at the other end of this ladder.

When Jungkook got to the top of the ladder, he quickly opened the door to the treehouse. The door closed behind after being knocked against the wall, the sheer force causing a loud slamming noise in the otherwise peaceful atmosphere. Jungkook looked around in an almost crazed state, looking for any sign of the man he had longed to see.

Suddenly, his vision had gone dark, the loss of a major sense causing anxiety to build in Jungkook's chest. He could feel the fabric over his eyes gently touching his skin but getting somewhat tighter by the second.

A blindfold?

Jungkook moved his right hand to peel the piece of fabric away before he felt a breath at his ear, his hand stopping mid-motion. Jungkook could feel someone pressing against his back, the pressure somehow both familiar and warm yet alarming. The loss of his sight was still causing him to panic slightly, his breathing picking up its pace. It was almost as if his throat was closing, his hands instinctively trying to grip the arms of the person trying to tie the piece of fabric in place.

"Relax, Kookie. Breathe for me."

Jungkook took in one big breath, both of his arms falling slowly to his side as if the tension in them completely dissipated. He kept taking big breaths in hopes of replacing the remaining anxiety with oxygen that his body was deprived of moments before.

"J-Jimin? Is that you?"

Jungkook knew it couldn't be anyone else, no one else in the game calling him by his nickname. Even so, it was as if his anxiety needed the confirmation to finally let go. He waited for a verbal response but was left standing in the treehouse with only the sounds of the breeze and what he thought were slow footsteps. He felt the person's hand sliding down his left arm, slowly inching until it met Jungkook's left hand. Their hands fit together almost perfectly, the familiar feeling causing Jungkook to let out a final sigh. His body relaxed into Jimin's, reaching for that familiar feeling of security. Before he could fully sink in, Jimin moved around to Jungkook's front, still holding Jungkook's hand as he guided the boy further in to the treehouse.

"J-Jimin? Is that really you? Please .... please, I ..."

Jungkook couldn't finish his sentence, a pair of lips almost ghosting his. As Jungkook went to cautiously lean in, the figure pulled away. Jungkook could imagine the mischievous look Jimin would be wearing in a moment like this, the man always loving to tease him.

"It's me."

Those two words were all that was needed for Jungkook to melt, all of the tension leaving his body as the familiar voice filled his ears. Jungkook continued to follow Jimin as the man tugged lightly on his hand. When they stopped, Jimin had let go of Jungkook's hand, causing him to feel almost lost and unsure of his surroundings. Jungkook didn't take any steps, but he continued to turn his body in circles in search of a trace of Jimin. Jungkook moved his hands to reach for the blindfold, the want to have his sight back almost overwhelming.

"Ah, ah, ahhhhh." Jimin was behind him again, his warm breath and playful tone hitting Jungkook's ear. "Don't take it off just yet, Kookie."

Jungkook shivered slightly as he turned towards the voice. Jimin backed the man up until Jungkook could feel an object against his calves, stopping him from moving back any further. He found Jimin's shoulders, holding onto them for balance.

"Now ..." Jungkook took a deep breath, trying to control the underlying anxiety of still not being able to see. "Where did we leave off?"

Jungkook was suddenly pushed off balance, his body falling backwards as his hands fell behind him to try and soften the fall. However, Jungkook had fallen onto a soft surface. From the brief look he'd gotten the last time he was in the treehouse, he had to imagine he was currently laying on his back on the couch. Jungkook smiled and laughed slightly, remembering that this was a similar position to where he had left Jimin two days ago. Jungkook moved to remove the blindfold before Jimin's hand caught his.

"Not yet, Kookie." Jimin continued to hold Jungkook's hand as he brought the hand to his chest. Jungkook could feel Jimin's heartbeat, the familiar rhythm causing Jungkook to want to get closer. He wanted no space between them, the ability to feel Jimin all over.

"Jimin, I ...

Jimin put a finger to Jungkook's lips, causing Jungkook to stop mid-sentence. Jimin slid his finger off of Jungkook's lips, the motion only wanting Jungkook to have the other closer than ever.

"Shhh. We can talk later. Right now," Jungkook could feel the couch moving as Jimin shifted his weight, "I just need you."

Jimin's lips were on Jungkook's before he could sense Jimin leaning in. Jungkook moved his free hand, haphazardly trying to find Jimin's face. His hand had landed in Jimin's hair, his other hand being squeezed by Jimin's. Jungkook used his remaining strength to pull Jimin's body closer so they were chest to chest.

Small, sweet kisses turned into something a little more heated, as if this was the first time they've been able to do this in years. All of Jungkook's emotions had piled up, these kisses between him and Jimin allowing him to release some pent-up energy.

The kisses began to get sloppier, Jimin moving to Jungkook's neck and jaw as Jungkook tried to claw Jimin closer so that no space could fit between them. Jungkook began to put pressure on Jimin's back, small marks from his nails inevitably being placed on Jimin's skin. Their breathing became more rapid as they were feeling the high of being together again. Jimin moved away from Jungkook's neck, kissing the other deeply. Jungkook knew that hickies were inevitable, but at least, they'd only show up in game, or at least he hoped.

In a rare moment, they both pulled away to breathe. Jungkook could feel everything, his other senses heightened from him still not having his sight. However, anxiety began to creep its way into Jungkook's mind.

"Jimin. Please, I need to see you. Can I ..."

Jungkook placed his one hand on the blindfold but didn't pull it down yet, waiting for Jimin to give him a sign. Jungkook could feel Jimin's hand placed over his, the pull on the blindfold apparent as light began to hit his vision. Jungkook squinted, his eyes trying to adjust to the light of the room. However, all he could look at was Jimin, his body hovering over him as his blonde hair blew with the breeze that came into the treehouse.

Jungkook had subconsciously moved his hand to cup Jimin's face, his thumb brushing on the other's cheek. He smiled, realizing in this moment that he could never live without Jimin.

"I love you." Jungkook couldn't keep his eyes off the other, almost as if they were in their own little world.

"I knew that."

Jungkook scoffed at that, rolling his eyes as he attempted to get off the couch. However, Jimin had always been stronger than him, pinning both of Jungkook's hands above his head on the couch's armrest.

"Oh, so you knew that already." Jungkook rolled his eyes for dramatic effect. He raised his eyebrows, waiting for Jimin's retort.

"I love you more."

It's not what Jungkook had expected. He was expecting one of Jimin's witty comebacks or sarcastic remarks. But what he was met with was sincerity pouring out of Jimin's eyes, eye contact never breaking between them as Jungkook began leaning in again. Jimin leaned in but diverted his head to the side, brushing his cheek with Jungkook's. Jimin's lips were ghosting the shell of Jungkook's ear.

"Please, don't leave me ever again. I ... I can't ..."

Jungkook quickly pulled away to see small tears falling from Jimin's eyes. Jungkook's eyes softened as he pulled a hand out of Jimin's grip to wipe the tears away. Before Jungkook could respond, Jimin fell slowly on top of Jungkook, pulling his other hand out of Jungkook's grip and laying his arms next to Jungkook's shoulders as he hugged the other close to him. The pressure of Jimin's body made Jungkook feel safer than he ever had. Jungkook couldn't imagine leaving Jimin now. Not now. Not ever.

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

Jimin moved away, his hands on either side on Jungkook as he looked down at the other. They both didn't need to say it again, the love flowing between them and around the room. Jungkook could see Jimin leaning back in for another kiss. Just as Jungkook was about to lean back in, his console gave him an alarm, the noise of the alarm pulling him out of the moment.

"What was that?" Jimin pulled away much to Jungkook's dismay.

"I'm getting an alarm notification. Looks like someone is at my front door, probably ringing the doorbell like crazy. But ..." Jungkook placed a kiss on Jimin's right cheek. "... I'll just ..." He placed a kiss on the other cheek. "... ignore them."

Jungkook leaned in to reach Jimin's lips, slowly closing his eyes to wait for the impact. However, he was met with Jimin's finger on his lips instead. Jungkook's head fell dramatically back to the couch, a pout evident on his face.

"Don't give me that face." Jimin chuckled. "If they're ringing your doorbell enough for you to get an alarm, it's probably important. Go answer it. I'll still be here when you get back."

Jungkook was about to argue, but Jimin gripped Jungkook's chin softly and pulled him into a quick, soft kiss. Jimin placed his forehead on the other's causing Jungkook to sigh loudly.

"Promise?" Jungkook looked up into Jimin's eyes, the dark brown orbs only pulling Jimin in further.

"Promise." Jimin gave Jungkook an eskimo kiss before pulling away, as if this was the only way to not start another round of kisses. "I'll be right here."

"O-okay."

Jungkook tentatively went to the settings before pausing the console. This also allowed his time to freeze, so whatever time he still had left would remain the same when he got back. After getting pulled out of Mikrokosmos, he was met with his living room ceiling as he laid on the couch. Before he could revel in idea of Jimin being in his reality, he heard the doorbell ringing again.

"Man, they must really need something."

Jungkook moved quickly to the front door, not wanting to waste any time. He wanted to get back to Jimin as fast as he could, reaching for the doorknob and quickly pulling the door open.

"Hi. Can I help –"

"What took you so long? I've been out here for almost ten minutes."

Jungkook was met with Taehyung, the older looking as if he hasn't been sleeping well. His hair was a slight mess, strands moving every which way and definitely different from Taehyung's usual put-together appearance. Jungkook immediately became tense, the tension between them palpable. The last thing he remembers, Taehyung had tried to kiss him in the car after their short trip.

"Tae? What are you doing here?"

"Well, I kept trying to text you to talk, but you keep ignoring me. We need to talk. I don't care if you don't like me back, but we need to talk about this or it's just going to make things more awkward between us."

"Uh, now's not really the best time."

Jungkook glanced at the game console subconsciously, but Taehyung followed Jungkook's gaze. Taehyung's calm composure quickly turned to one of anger, his hands slowly balling into fists as he moved past Jungkook and into his house.

"You're telling me that playing a game is more important than talking to your friend?! Really?"

Jungkook could see the anger rolling off of Taehyung in waves, but he had no idea how to calm the other down. Jungkook had honestly never seen Taehyung so furious in the entire time they've been friends. Jungkook moved towards him, hands up as if to show he wasn't trying to cause a fight.

"That's not what I'm saying at all. But I think you need to calm down."

"Me? Calm down?" Taehyung took a deep breath, trying to control the growing rage as he saw Jungkook slowly backing away to keep distance between them. "Just, answer one thing for me."

Jungkook nodded slowly, being sure that there was enough distance between them in case things got ugly. He's never seen Taehyung like this, but he did know how strong the other boy was and wasn't willing to be within striking distance.

"Why don't you like me? Is it because we've been friends for too long? Is it my personality? I've just ... I've been running around in my head for days and could just use a straightforward answer."

Jungkook's eyes softened. He can't imagine how Taehyung's been feeling since the incident, especially since Jungkook can't deny that he's been avoiding the older as much as he could to avoid the situation altogether.

"I ... like someone else. Sorry Tae, I just didn't know how to tell you."

Jungkook's eyes slowly fell to the floor, not able to look his friend in the eyes. He couldn't stand to see any more hurt in Taehyung's eyes. Taehyung took a deep breath at this new information, never realizing that Jungkook had been crushing on another person.

"What? Y-you never told me about you crushing on anyone. And I'm your best friend. I thought you would've told me about it if you told anyone at all."

"Well, I didn't really tell anyone."

"So, where did you meet them?"

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung, the other looking away from him towards the game console as if he was trying to distract himself from the conversation they were having. Jungkook suddenly felt a pang of anger enter his body.

"Why do I have to tell you that? I don't have to tell you anything revolving my love life."

Jungkook crossed his arms, Taehyung now looking at him. Jungkook now diverted his attention to the console where Jimin was waiting for him, his eyes softening at the thought of leaving this conversation to be back with Jimin in the treehouse. Taehyung followed his gaze the console, a scoff escaping his lips.

"So, is that it? You fell in love with a character from that Mikrokosmos game. Makes sense, since that's what you mainly talk about when we hang out."

Jungkook looked shocked, not knowing what to say. Just by Jungkook's expression, Taehyung knew he hit the mark straight on the head. Taehyung chuckled, but Jungkook could feel the poison oozing off of his voice.

"So, who is it? Hobi? Jin?"

Jungkook bit his lip. He was trying to stay calm, but the anxiety was becoming more and more overwhelming by the second. It all happened in an instant, as if the final switch clicked in Taehyung's brain. His eyebrows raised as he pointed a finger in Jungkook's direction.

"No way. You fell in love with the guy who goes around murdering players? Man, that's fucked up."

"Stop it."

Jungkook's voice was a whisper, but Taehyung heard it. He was expressionless as he took a step closer to Jungkook. Jungkook kept looking away, his hands forming fists and his nails threatened to draw blood.

"So, you fell in love with a murderer." Taehyung took another step.

"Stop it."

"And I bet," Taehyung took a look at the console before looking back to Jungkook, "that's who you were with before I interrupted."

"Stop it." Jungkook's voice became louder as he closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down.

"So, how does it feel? How does it feel to love someone who's not real? Who kills for sport? He's a terrible person, and you know it."

Jungkook had about enough, his anger now rising above his threshold as he closed the gap between him and Taehyung. He grabbed Taehyung's shirt, pulling on it aggressively as if to threaten the older.

"He's not what you think he is. He's not like that."

Taehyung grabbed onto Jungkook's fists, pulling them away from his shirt. He smoothed out his shirt before putting more distance between them. Jungkook took a couple steps back as well, moving towards the front door to escort Taehyung out of his house. However, he hadn't noticed Taehyung getting closer and closer to the game console.

It all happened in a blur.

Taehyung ran into Jungkook's living room, Jungkook now hot on his heels. When Jungkook turned the corner into the living room, his entire world came crashing down. Taehyung had thrown the game disc of Mikrokosmos to the ground, shattering the disc into what seemed like hundreds of pieces.

It all happened in front of him, his legs giving out from under him as he fell to the floor. Tears began to pour out of his eyes as he stared at the pieces scattered across the floor. He knew the disc wasn't recoverable. But he knew something even more devastating.

Jimin was gone.

-------------------------------------------

A/N

I hope y'all are alive after that episode of angst, because I was barely alive after I finished writing it. Will Jungkook ever see Jimin again? Is there a way to fix this? What will happen between Tae and Jungkook? Feel free to comment your theories for future chapters, as I'd love to see what y'all think is going to happen next. Some quick questions:

1) We haven't had a Namjin chapter in a bit. Anyone interested in seeing a focus chapter on them? Of a Sope-center chapter?

2) Give me all your theories haha

As always, thank you all for dealing with my sporadic updates. I truly appreciate you all sticking with me through this project. Thanks for all your support! Until the next update. =^_^=

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

994 15 10
just one story part shots based on the collection of my songs🤭❤ TAEKOOK JIKOOK VMIN JIHOPE SOPE NAMJIN NAMKOOK JINHOPE VHOPE TAEGI KOOKMIN HOPEKOOK ...
7.8K 690 32
-two neighboring kingdoms one of humans and one of winged creatures -humans are ugly. all the fairies think that -i want to meet them. no way the w...
217K 7.1K 26
Book I of 'Only Mine' @Jeon_jk started following you Warning: Instagram AU Boy × boy Smut Daddy kink TopKook BottomTae Side ships: Yoonmin Namjin Hos...
6.8K 402 56
Cover By: @SolanaStellaLuna SOPE AU Love. Youth. Passions. Talents. Friends. And Hate. What else could you ask for when you're young? Probably what...