The Mafia's Surrogate (ON HOL...

By Adwitiya_Bagchi

【Highest Rank】 #2 in Love out of 1.84M stories, on 12th April 2019 #1 in Surrogate on 2nd November 2018 #... More

And here it begins!!
Acknowledgement
Characters and Cast
Chapter 0 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 1 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 2 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 3 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 4 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 5 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 6 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 7 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 8 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 9 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 10 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 11 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 12 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 13 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 14 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 15 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 16 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 17 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 18 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 19 βœ”οΈ
Chaptet 20 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 21 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 22 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 23 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 24 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 25 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 26 (Part I) βœ”οΈ
Chapter 26 (Part II) βœ”οΈ
Chapter 27 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 28 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 29 βœ”οΈ
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 (Part I)
Chapter 43 (Part II)
Warning! (44 - 49)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
My Lovelies!!
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Important Announcement
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
I need your help!
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 51

6.5K 292 97
By Adwitiya_Bagchi

-: CHASE :-

Her hands had turned bleak, as I rove my thumb gently over her bruised knuckles. The cheekbones which weren't even visible before, were now protruding out as she kept her gaze fixed at the dented window. She couldn't see anything but her gaze wasn't staggering even a bit from the pitch black window shield.

Sarah gasped out silently and pulled her hand out of my grip, fisting it near her chest and giving me a guarded look from beneath her lashes.

I sighed out in fatigue and leaned my head back on the headrest, my temples throbbing with a headache. After the last episode, she hadn't uttered even a single word. It had been five days since then. She didn't speak, didn't notice anyone, worst ... didn't cry even once, lost in her own head ... gazing at anything and everything endlessly with a permanent frown etched on her forehead.

Her agitation had reached a new level, always cautious even in empty rooms or jumping at the smallest sounds.

Her sleeps had turned worst, disturbed with nightmares and possibly flashbacks. Her screams had echoed all around the ward and doctors were forced to sedate her to sleep, as she had hurt herself during her episodes, scratching her skin and pulling at her hair.

The news that had shook me to the core was still a secret, I was carrying alone. It was better this. No one has to know anything cause it wasn't important right now. Everything that mattered for the time being was the girl who had my heart in the grip of her fingers and was broken because of me.

"Sarah?" Andrew called out, looking back at her from the shotgun, but as usual she didn't bother to look at him or respond to him. She was muttering gibberish, her lips moving silently.

I didn't know what to do - how to help her out her current predicament.

We were returning back to the city, our home, but I wasn't sure whether it was the right decision or not.

"Chase."

My eyes snapped open and I looked at Andrew as he pointed at the mansion infront of me with his head. Yes, we were back ... but a very huge part of ours was still back there, when Sarah spent her last 45 days.

"Sarah," I called her as softly as possible, trying to look at her but she coiled herself in the seat, pulling her knees infront of her chest, her face scrunching in trepidation.

"It's okay, no one would hurt you. Do you want some water?" Andrew asked softly, looking back at her but she looked at him as if he was an alien.

Several of my guards were standing at the gates guarding the mansion. I had tightened the security more, but would that be enough? The damage was already done.

"Call Diana and Melissa," I ordered one of the guards. Doctors had strictly ordered not to surround her with males, even the known faces. As she was in captivity for a long time and was tortured by only male figures, any man could trigger her.

Both of them came rushing at the car, their faces masked in grief and compassion.

"Help me to get her out," I mumbled and they nodded.

As soon as I rounded the car and opened the the door, Sarah shrieked and crawled inside, tears breaking out of her eyes.

"Sarah." Both Melissa and Diana stood on both the sides of the door and I took a few steps away from her sight.

"Come on Sarah, come. We promise to keep you safe."

"Yes Sarah, I will even make you your favorite blueberry pancake," Melissa cooed, spreading her palms flat, encouraging Sarah to take it, but she didn't react at all, only staring at everyone with terror.

"You sure she doesn't have amnesia?" Andrew enquired, coming beside me as I tried to keep my sanity at check. Looking at Sarah with in such a helpless position was accelerating my rage more. And I knew exactly how to let it out.

I shook my head. The doctors had confirmed that she didn't have amnesia. She did recognise me and Andrew. It was terror why she was behaving like that.

"Yes, come. That's amazing Sarah. You did it," Daina encouraged her as she stepped out of the car and inspected her surroundings. All the guards instantly kneeled down with their heads down, to appear smaller infront of Sarah, exactly as I had instructed them.

My hands itched to walked upto her and take her almost petite figure in to my arms. She was lost weight significantly, with hollow undereyes and sickly bleak skin. That monster had drastically changed my lively girl.

"Where's Lexi?" Andrew asked Ares, as Diana and Melissa help Sarah to walk inside the mansion.

Ares' sad eyes which was fixed at their retreating figure turned hard instantly as he glowered at Andrew.

"That whore is at her lover's house. Had been since the day Boss gave orders to release Sarah's father. She knew Sarah was coming back today but didn't even bother to come once. Such a selfish bitch!"

"Watch your tongue Ares. I won't tolerate you insulting ... "

"Of course you won't. She is a saint for you all, isn't she? Her mistakes had always been overlooked because she was like your little sister. Well guess what Andrew, your little sister is the reason two people are dead today. I will never forget what she and Hades had done, no matter how you guys try to suppress me each and every time," he spat and prowled away.

I didn't bother to talk in her favour because I was pissed at Lexi. Even when Sarah was missing and everyone of us were blindly searching for her, all she had cared about was Robert's whereabouts. She didn't care about Sarah. My aunt could go to hell for all I cared.

*******

"No, leave me!" Sarah's voice resonated in the room as soon as stepped inside it. My steps stalled for a second as the intensity of her voice, but I recovered quickly and ran to her aid.

Melissa was lying on the floor, bottles of shampoo lying near her, while Diana tried to shield herself from Sarah's constant swats.

"Relax Sarah. We're only trying to give you a bathe. Please." But no voice could penetrate her head. Red wild eyes with hair flying all over her face, she attacked Diana with whatever her hands could held onto.

"Okay, okay. You don't have to take any bathe," I intervened, grasping her hand gently to take the bottles out of her clasp. Her widened eyes settled on me before she snatched away her hand and crawled into the empty bathtub, blabbering something almost inaudibly. Her frame swayed and she wrapped her her thin arms around her chest, sweat gliding down her face.

I sat on my hauches beside the bathtub and gazed at her sharp shoulder blades. The collar bones which were almost invisible a few weeks ago were protruding out. "Sarah," I called out as gently as possible, unaware what to do.

"Leave me alone! I don't want to see anyone! Why are you all bothering me!?" she bellowed, her eyebrows jutted in annoyance. Protruding out her chin, she stood up on unsteady legs. I stood up instantly to hod her but she pushed me away and stabbed a finger on my chest.

"You're the reason why I am in this condition right now. I don't want to see you," she sneered those words to me in a vile tone, her eyes narrowed in slits in contempt.

My tongue felt heavy at her accusation, as my hands felt on my sides. Her words pierced my heart like an arrow as my stomach tightened sickly. Some what deep inside my heart I knew her allegations were somewhat true. Only if I hadn't dragged her into my mess, she wouldn't have been this broken and shattered.

*******

Her laboured breathing broke the thin daze of sleep that I had managed to fall into after trying for the last two hours.

" ... no ... stop ... " gasp "Get away ... " I sprinted up from the small bed and my eyes sought towards the figures who was sleeping on her bed, tangled in blankets.

Despise her protests I couldn't let her stay alone. I did, for the first few hours keeping an eye on her from the surveillance camera in the room ... but the moment she tucked herself inside the blanket, I came back, but didn't dare to sleep on the same bed.

The doctors had already warned me to maintain as minimum physical contact with her as possible, atleast for a few days. She was restless at anyone's touch and wouldn't want mine too.

She gasped again, craning her neck painfully at an odd angle, painfully grunts leaving her throat. I switched on the bedside lamp.

"Love," I gently called her out, my hands hanging in the air ... itching to break her free off her nightmare ... but hesitant.

Sarah's face morphed painfully and she clenched the bedsheets, gasping loudly ... "No! Don't take him away. Give me back my baby!"

As soon as she uttered those words, the despair of loosing my child toppled down on me with a crash, pushing me deep into melancholy, I was trying so hard to ignore. Why? Because Sarah needed me now, and she was the most important person for me. But this was difficult for me too, more than anything. Loosing a child was heartbwrenching.

Quickly shaking my head to break the daze, I sat down beside her on the bed and clinched her shoulders lightly, shaking her as gently as possible. Goosebumbs pimped out on her exposed arms and she shrieked, her eyes still clenched closed.

"Its okay love, wake up ... no one would hurt you anymore. Wake up, please ... for me," I soothed sweet nothings into her ear, my voice not over a notch.

Her gasps turned milder and she stopped struggling with the blankets, her body becoming limp slowly. It took several minutes for the trembling to pass but I sat beside her .... holding her hands lightly tracing her forehead with my lips. She loved it when I used to kiss her forehead.

My eyes were almost drooping down when a soft melodious voice called out my name, breaking the silent room.

"Chase."

My eyes snapped opened at her voice and I swiftly pushed my head up to look up into her crystal blue eyes. They were tired, but atleast not blank, not devoid of any emotion. Grief was the dominant in her eyes, accompanied with fatigue, helplessness, misery and after such a long time I noticed vulnerability. She was opening up herself up to me and I couldn't thank the stars above for anything else.

She hadn't let out her sentiments out much after she recovered from the coma, which was worse ... cause pent-up emotions could be very dangerous for her health.

"Talk to me love." I urged her, lightly grasping her petite palms in my strudy big ones.

"Why did it have to happen to us?" she swallowed thickly, as two droplets glided down her temples and dissappear in her hairline, her red eyes glistening.

I couldn't say anything, cause I didn't have the answer to it. Why did it have to happen to us? I had asked the same question to my fate too ... but got back no answers, cause people like me who were covered in sins from head to toe didn't deserve happily ever afters. But what about this innocent girl? Did she get victimized only because she was attached to me?

"Everything was almost going so perfect. We were so happy, waiting for our baby to come ... but everything shattered in a moment of heartbeat. Why Chase?" she asked again, and my throat tightened in emotions. I gathered her gooey figure in my arms and wrapped my arms around her waist. She was staring at the wall but the way her palms grasped mine over her waist was the indication that she was acknowledging my small gesture.

"I don't know love. I don't know ... " I didn't but what I needed her to know was that I would be beside her though thick and thin, no matter what. I would erase away her nightmares, chase away her demons and wash away her griefs.

********

The doctor's gaze was vigilant as she checked Sarah's pulse, her thump gazing her wrist. She was constantly trying to pull off, but the friendly smile on the doctor's face was probably the reason Sarah hadn't thrown a fit.

After the checkup, she gave a look which clearly indicated we-need-to-talk. I stroke Sarah's hair as she disappeared beneath the blankets and strode out of the room, Melissa staying back to keep an eye on her.

"What are you feeding her?" she demanded as soon as we stepped out, my eyes narrowing down in slits at her tone.

"Careful there. You don't wanna use that tone on me," I snided, crossing my arms on my chest.

She stumbled a few steps back from my nefarious aura and cleared her throat. She was forgetting the place she was standing in and the man she was talking to. I was being soft only for one person, my woman. No bloody fucking anyone else.

"I told you to feed her food rich in protein and iron. Why aren't you doing that?" she asked, her tone much submissive than usual.

"It's not  like we haven't tried. But she is barely on her right state of mind. She doesn't allow to be near her. And you also told us not to stress her much as it could bad for her mental state."

"But she needs food in her system. Solid food, atleast some meat if not anything. She can't survive on merr fluids. If you don't take actions now, her body won't heal and start breaking down soon."

I nodded, my eyes fixed at the antique clock in the hallway. She was right ... Sarah's mental health wasn't okay, but so wasn't her physical condition. She needed to heal physically first to get better mentally.

"I will take care of it."

******

"So ... here's the soup you told me to prepare." Diana handed me over the bowl which contained chicken stew, passing me a thinned lipped smile. Her tired eyes and hunched posture was a clear sign of exhaustion, from trying to take care of Sarah all throughout the day. I told her she didn't have to and so did Melissa, as being a nurse it was her duty ... but Diana persistent that she wanted to be beside her friend and help her in whatever way possible.

"Thanks Diana. I really appreciate the help." Being the man I was,  I was rarely vocal about anything, let alone gratitude but she was doing more than what was expected off her. And Sarah was lucky to earn herself a true friend like her.

"Don't mind it. Remeber what I told? She's my friend." Winking at me, she whirled back to leave only to collide with Draven. His arms instantly shot to grab her waist, grasping her unsteady figure as she peered up at Draven with a longing gaze. Both of their eyes halted on each other's.

"You okay baby?" Ares, who was standing beside Draven immediately gathered her into his arms, passing a scathing glare to Draven, who was looking nothing but menancing at Ares' call of endearment.

"Just tired. I need a nap." Diana replied smiling up at Ares but it was't genuine. I knew her and that smile was anything but real.

"Okay, take rest." Ares kissed her goodbye and nudged her towards her room.

My gaze turned towards Draven whose glare was so sharp that if looks could kill, Ares would have been six feet underground.

I sighed in exasperation at the tension between these three. I already had too much on my plate to deal with. Didn't need a love triangle.

Ambling inside Sarah's room, my gaze stilled on her hunched figure on the bed. She had asked for a pencil and piece of paper this morning, so I provided her a sketch book and dozen pencils.

From the untidy look of the canvas, I was sure she had drawn something on the piece of paper. I strolled inside as her posture stiffened, getting alert. My steps instantly froze.

"It's me," I mumbled, keeping my voice low and calm. She looked up at me but didn't react, her eyes blank.

"I bought something." Keeping the tray on the side table, I sat beside her on the bed ... maintaining enough distance to keep her ease.

As soon as I raised the bowl to show her what I bought, her nose scrunched up in disgust as she looked at the bowl horrified.

"NO! Get it away from me!" she shrieked out, her face crunching up in revulsion as she crawled away from me. Nausea hit her as she tried to stop the gag reflex that was threatening to break out of her mouth.

"Wha ... ?" I was flabbergasted at her reaction. As I tried to lean towards her with the chicken stew bowl in my other hand she swatted her hand violently and the bowl tumbled down on my thighs.

I hisses as the soup was boiling hot and jumped down from the bed in a flash, grabbing a napkin to clean it from my dress pants.

Sarah's face contorted in a disgusted manner as she ran to the washroom, vomiting her guts out in the toilet.

Well, it was easier said than done. When I told the doctor I would look into what was going into Sarah's stomach, this was not the scene at all I was expecting.

"Boss," Draven who was standing beside the door gave me a disturbed look ... urging me to come out. I sighed in pique before looking back at Sarah. She was sitting beside the toilet as Melissa was rubbing her back soothingly.

"What?" I countered, already done for the day.

"You may not want to feed Sarah any kind of meat, anytime now. This kind of behaviour is expected of her."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at his statement. Why?

The question might have been evident on my face but Draven's stoic face wasn't giving away anything.

"Why. Draven?" I gritted, my voice on the verge of destruction. I needed to know everything about Sarah. Everything.

He hesitated, licking his lips. I growled out lowly, showing that I was running low on patience.

"Benjamin had forced Sarah to eat raw meat once."

That bastard did what?

Red hot anger poured through my veins at his words. My head pounded in rage, as I curled my fists to control myself from punching the first things that would come infront of me. Snarling my teeth, I growled out, "I want the footages of everyday Sarah spent in that hellhole."

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

Hello, my lovelies!  🥰😍

Don't wanna bore you all out with my ramblings, so I will get straight to the story. 🥸

Updates will be slower but I will do my best to give them fast. As the story is at a complicated stage I am trying to research about PTSD to depict it properly, so updates are taking time. Also, Sarah won't magically recover from this. It would take time but at the end, she would and be happy. So I will request you all to have some patience with Sarah and Chase. The journey ahead is tough.

If you like the chapter, please dont forget to

VOTE🌟and COMMENT 💬

A bunch of kisses and thanks to everyone who votes, comments and inspire me more everyday to finish TMS. You people are gems. 💕💖😍

Special thanks to my buddies _sarcasticpanda and Poushali_Haldar . These two push me everyday to give updates and I can't be thankful enough to have them in my life ❤🥺

Love you all. See you soon 🤗😘

Thank You 😉🙋‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 57.3K 44
COMPLETEDβœ… Arturo Vasquez -Head of Spanish mafia- was planning on accepting the proposal of Russian mafia leader Ivan Volkov's for his daughter, Aiya...
3.1M 73.8K 56
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 π„π§πžπ¦π’πžπ¬ 𝐭𝐨 π‹π¨π―πžπ«π¬ Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone and is a headstrong force to be reckoned...
325K 6.8K 58
𝕴𝖓 𝖆 π–œπ–”π–—π–‘π–‰ π–‹π–šπ–‘π–‘ 𝖔𝖋 π–‰π–†π–—π–π–“π–Šπ–˜π–˜ 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉, π–ˆπ–†π–“ π–™π–π–Šπ–Žπ–— π–—π–Šπ–‘π–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“π–˜π–π–Žπ–• π–˜π–π–Žπ–“π–Š π–™π–π–Š π–‡π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™π–Šπ–˜π–™...
4.7M 123K 59
(Completed) Carrying the bag pack, I run. I run from the man I love. The man who is the father of my unborn children. I brush past the security check...