Spencer Reid Imagines

By zodiyack

Imagines from my tumblr! Please do not steal! Warnings are included on each page. More

Surprises Of A Large Variety

Detective Smarts

96 3 0
By zodiyack

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Female!Reader

Warnings: Swearing, mention of abuse

Summary: The crew is having a hard time and Spencer offers to call in some back up. Who'd've known she was what the B.A.U. needed- or that she was dating the brainy doctor?

Note: I'm sorry if this sucks big time, I couldn't think of a good case. Let's just say that I'm never using anything original for a case the team solves ever again lmao

They walked around, inspecting the scene. "It could've been anything. Homicide, self-defense, ectara ectara. We don't have nearly enough to go by. No- actually, we have practically nothing to go by!"

"Either way," Garcia snorted into the headset, "it was a crime."

"Should I call in Miss L/n?" Spencer quirked a brow, raising his phone to gesture at what he'd asked. Morgan looked up from his 'station' with a teasing grin, poking fun at the thought, well- fact, of Spencer having a girl's number.

"L/n? As in Y/n L/n?"

"Yep."

"Well shit." Derek chuckled to himself and continued working.

Emily looked between the two with confusion scattered across her face. "Y/n? Who's tha-" She frowned as the realization hit her. "That Y/n?"

"Well that depends on who you're referring to when you say 'that Y/n'."

Her glare was strong; Spencer could've sworn he felt a drop of sweat drip from his forehead from the intensity of her harsh gaze. Nevertheless, he allowed a teasing smirk of his own to grace his lips. "You know exactly who I'm referring to, Reid."

"That I do, but I-...ya know...just saying." His sentence died down as he averted his eyes from Prentiss'. She simply nodded and went back to work, the complaints returning just as she did. "Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

It wasn't Emily's fault that she didn't like Y/n...well...okay, so it kind of was. She only disliked the mention of the woman because Spencer was boasting about her like she was some kind of god; he'd been overly excited about how she cracked one of their past cases much faster than they did- to which Emily rolled her eyes and added, "Yeah, she probably looked it up." and other stories involving Spencer's fascination with the woman.

"Prentiss, are you one-hundred percent s-"

"Fine." She rubbed her temples for a moment before returning to searching for more to work with. "Call her. I wanna see what makes this Y/n so great."

"Is someone jealous or just having a bad day?"

Taking note of her attitude, Derek answered for Emily. "Not the time, mamma, not the time."

Spencer had excused himself from the room to make his call, returning back to the, ever so unfortunately, tension filled room. His attitude had changed as well, leaving the room kind of bored to reentering with a large amount of excitement.

"So?"

"She's on her way."

The wait for when the mystery woman would arrive was...interesting. Derek couldn't help but notice, and allow himself to also get distracted with his observation, how unusually distracted the determined doctor was, and how he smiled and blushed after a soft snicker would escape his mouth every now and then.

Emily seemed to dread it, but he couldn't tell. Not with how agitated she'd acted the whole day; at this point, he couldn't tell whether she was feeling anything aside from anger.

They worked in silence, small talk was there but not permanently, until a knock came from the door of the apartment they were working in. Spencer was the first to hop up, tripping over his own feet as he sped to the door and answered it.

It swung open to reveal a very beautiful woman, who Prentiss and Morgan guessed to be Y/n.

However, it wasn't her looks that shocked them.

It was what they saw next that did the trick.

The woman, possibly Y/n, lifted her hand to Dr. Reid's cheek and pulled him in for a loving kiss. He raised his hand to meet hers and made a small noise of appreciation as he smiled into their kiss, not that the other two could see it.

After they pulled away from each other, she wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly to her, Spencer mirroring her actions and holding her flush against his chest as it heaved with a hearty chuckle. It took them both a moment to remember their very public location.

"Um, hi. I'm-"

"Y/n?" Derek's brows were still escaping to the top of his forehead, the shock and image from what had just happened never seeming to process in his mind. The woman in front of him nodded, pulling out a pair of latex gloves and putting them on.

"I hear you guys need help?"

"Nope. Just wanted to see if you were as good a help as Reid says you are. So uh...have at it." Emily stood up and pulled her own gloves off before walking over and leaning against the wall by the door.

"Are you sure it's oka-"

"By all means, fire-cracker, take a look." Derek followed Emily's actions of rising from the ground but stayed planted where he was.

"'Fire-cracker?'"

Garcia laughed loudly, the noise from Derek's phone startling Y/n slightly, "Just a nickname from, of course, moi." Her giggle faded quickly as she interrupted it with more to comment, "From what our lovely Dr. Reid says about you, I'm come up with fire-cracker. Let's just hope we're both right."

Y/n nodded slowly and began inspecting, weaving in and out of rooms. The three stayed out of her way, next to or against the wall, as they watched her. Although not much time had gone past, Prentiss smiled a little, feeling as if she would be right about this time, as if she knew Y/n couldn't do what Spencer claimed she could do.

If only she hadn't "jinxed" her luck with the thoughts of success; Y/n had cracked it. She had only been in the room for around ten to twenty minutes.

"Alright so, you see these?" She gestured to a couple of splatters of blood on the floor next to the kitchen counter. "And this," she then walked to the bathroom, which was the first room in the hallway that led out of the kitchen, "and that puddle right there." Finally, she pointed to the main spot where the blood had been.

She walked to the room next to the bathroom, which was a bedroom. "This room was not the owners, as their room is the next one over-"

"And how do you know?" Prentiss inquired.

"Oh, because all their belongings and photos of them with friends are in the other one, but this one is pretty much empty if you don't count the bed and bed sheets. The person was likely the unsub's partner or parent."

"And how do you know that too?"

"Well, they killed the person due to abuse related terms, which, before you ask me again, I know that because of the belt in the other person's drawer covered in a tiny splatters of blood. And," she lifted the comforter, "there's smear marks along the bed-sheet. Can you guess what it is?"

"Blood?"

"Bingo, point to Morgan. Yes, it's blood. So the person was stabbed somewhere around the bathroom, we've figured that much, but what about the blood in the kitchen? Great, yes, glad you asked- remember the blood on the belt I mentioned not less than a minute ago? Well the person was hit with the belt so hard they bled, went to sleep and got it on their sheets, and went through that so many times that after being hit again, they just..." she popped her lips, "snapped."

"Mhm. So wha-"

"Actually, fire-cracker's right on this one." Garcia sounded just as shocked as Morgan and Prentiss looked. "Did some research on the owner of the apartment and multiple accusations of abuse have been made against them."

Y/n held the silence after Garcia's comment for a bit longer before turning to Spencer with a nervous smile. "So uh- how'd I do?"

"Honestly-" he smiled with pride and adoration, "I think it would've taken us quite a while had you not been here."

"Yeah, you can say that again." Derek nodded with a chuckle.

And though she hesitated, Prentiss gave in, "You've got some good skill, kid. Thanks for the help."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...