SEEN / julie and the phantoms

By mendessi

jade devyn taylor , the fourth member of sunset curve dies shortly after her bandmates, will she find her way... More

meet the cast
1995
2020
the orpheum
you and i
welcome back boys
the bad days
trevor wilson
finally free
spectacular
exhale
edge of great pt. II
edge of not so great
to the mountains
losing you
cold in california
letters to luke
caleb's offer
winter wonderland
you shouldnt be here
you said forever
luke and jade
the end
new story(:
new story!!

edge of great pt. I

18.9K 436 349
By mendessi

"Can I tell you something?" Luke asked me. I always got nervous when he'd say something like that, mostly because knowing Luke, you'd literally have no idea what would come out of his mouth. 

I nodded, nonchalantly saying, "Sure. Always." 

"I think me and the boys are gonna go back to the Hollywood Ghost Club." He said. That of course was something I did not expect him to say. I was hopeful that hey, maybe he'd come out here and admit his feelings to me, but that was too much to ask, as usual. 

"I'm sorry?" I let a nervous breathy laugh escape my lips as I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him.

The boys did tell me about their endeavor to the HGC and about the strange, but amazingly talented Caleb Covington that apparently had the power to make us visible to Bobby so we could make him admit what he did was wrong. He sounded kind of sus to me, but I wasn't gonna force myself to get into an argument with the boys about anything, let alone some ghost magician. 

"Caleb, you know? He said we could come back anytime to fix our little problem. I think that we should go see him-"

"Luke, no." I shook my head looking down at my hands in my lap, "I thought we were past this." 

"We are, but I just can't get over what Bobby did to us. To you." He placed his fingers under my chin and tilted my face to look at him. 

"We have new songs, a new band. Like Julie said, the only way to get back at him is for this band to do great. Please, just get over the Trevor/Bobby thing. Please? For me." I reached up and took his hand that was under my chin and brought it to my chest, holding it between my small hands. My heart pounded just feeling his touch against my own and I wanted to never let go.

"I really don't think I can. I owe it to Alex, Reggie and you. I'm not doing it for me, I'm doing it for us." Luke said to me after a moment of silence.

I dropped his hand and stood up, looking down at him, "No, Luke, it honestly sounds like you're doing it for you. Why can't you just let it go? We have this now." I gestured to the garage and Julie's house, which used to be my own. "We don't need revenge. The best revenge we can get is doing great." 

"I need to do this. I messed up everything for us 25 years ago, if this is the one thing I can do that I won't screw up then I need to do it, Jay, come on." Luke hopped up to his feet as well and I backed away from him.

"You're going to mess up way more if you keep on this childish track of revenge, Luke." I didn't stand there for another moment, I just poofed out of the driveway. I didn't know where I was going, but when I landed in the sand I knew exactly where I was. 

I plopped down in the sand and looked at the waves as they were crashing against the shore. I looked into the sky and stared at the full glowing moon for a moment. This was our spot. The Sunset Curve spot. It's actually the spot where Sunset Curve decided on our name. We always loved to come out here and watch the sunset after a long day of playing on the pier, and we always talked about how if you stared at the horizon long enough, you could see the earth curve. Reggie actually came up with curve part, which was genius on his behalf. 

I don't know what brought me here considering I literally hadn't been here since a few weeks after the guys died, but there must have been some reason I ended up here. This place was extremely special to me and the guys. It was our own little corner of the beach that nobody ever came to, and it was specially ours. The guys and I always joked that the first thing we'd buy with the money from our first platinum record is this plot of sand where we'd build our first mansion. Looks like Trevor beat us to it. Luckily it wasn't our spot, but I feel like he didn't buy a mansion over the beach in Malibu for no reason. He just had to get the last laugh, I guess. 

As I stared at the waves I thought of the last time we had visited this spot as a band. Twas the night before The Orpheum which was extremely ironic considering that was the night we died, and we had spent the entire previous night sitting on the beach talking about how our entire lives would change after plating there. 

I wonder how life would be if I didn't get hit by a car. Maybe I'd be just like Trevor. Maybe we'd have some type of celebrity beef, and maybe he'd never have the opportunity to steal our music in the first place. Perhaps I'd be married and have children. Perhaps those children would be best friends with Julie. Who would I even be married to? I'd definitely be past that thirty-five mark so obviously it wouldn't be Luke since he died. Would I still be into music? Would my children be into music? 

back at the molina residence

"Luke, you gotta go talk to her." Julie said to the messy haired boy sitting on the couch. 

"I messed it up, Jules, I can't." Luke said to her.

"This is ridiculous, Luke. Go find her and talk to her. You know exactly where she is." Alex jumped in, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Seriously, Luke. You don't wanna ruin what you have with her." Reggie added.

"And what exactly do I have with her, Reg?" Luke snapped. He was extremely hot headed right now. He could usually argue with anyone and be fine afterwards, but when he argued with Jade, and only Jade he was extremely touchy and snappy until he made things right with her. Jade was his soft spot and everyone knew it. "A faulty friendship? An even faultier sad attempt at a relationship?" 

"Ouch." Reggie said quietly, putting his hand over his heart. 

"We need her for the performance tonight and more importantly you need her in your life, Luke. I'm serious. Quit messing around." Julie said. 

"I build up all these words that I want to tell her and express to her how I really feel, and then she's in front of me and I somehow just blurt out the wrong things and scare her off." Luke said to the band. 

"You love her don't you?" Alex asked. Alex did find it slightly exhausting being the matchmaker for his two best friends, but he knew that in the end it would end up being worth it. 

"Always." Luke said under his breath. He had tears in his eyes just from thinking about the amount of love in his chest that he held for Jade Devyn Taylor. 

She was definitely his first love and for majority of his life he intended for her to be his last. Luke knew that Jade loved him as much as he loved her, and he knew that the idea of the two of them being together just seemed like it'd never happen at the rate they were going at. 

Luke knew he loved Jade when he was seven years old. Maybe he didn't know that it was love then, but he was positive now. He became positive when they were twelve. He knew that Jade wasn't exactly there in her emotions yet, but he was willing to wait. 

He knew Jade like the back of his hand. He caught when she was first starting to develop her crush on him. He knew Jade so well that he caught the exact moment that she realized she loved him too. He noticed the change in her posture, the way her eyes softened while singing their song they had just written, neither of them realizing they had just written a song about each other. 'Perfect Harmony' they called it. 

Yet, Luke pretended as if he didn't know, because he, too, was also afraid of confrontation of one's feelings.

Jade was oblivious to the signs that Luke was in love with her. Her short term relationship with Zach Johnson was short term to say the least, but it ruined her entire self confidence and will to believe that any guy would ever take interest in her again. 

She was oblivious to the fact that Luke knew any and every tiny little detail there was to know about herself. She was oblivious to the fact that Luke's reasoning for being obsessed with his mother's polaroid and video cameras was because he was obsessed with Jade's beauty and he wanted to capture it. He loved taking photos of her and he loved following her around with a video camera because he knew that one day they would be a huge band and he wanted the rest of the world to know she was beautiful before she was famous. 

She never caught that he would purposely steal the photos he loved of her and keep them to himself in a shoebox in his bottom drawer. She never caught that he kept his most favorite photo of her in his journal for his own inspiration because she was indeed his muse. She never caught that Luke paid so much attention to her, he could tell when her mood was shifting, when she was having a bad day, when she was smitten over Zach Johnson and especially when Zach Johnson broke her heart. She never caught on that Luke kept all of her photos because should they never end up together, and even stop being friends, he wanted to remember her this way forever. 

"You have to tell her.  Luke, don't let this get away from you." Julie pulled Luke to the side while Reggie and Alex rehearsed for the performance a bit. 

"Guys, we're gonna have to go on with Jade." Alex said from behind them. 

"I know." Luke said quietly. "What if she doesn't feel the same way?"

"You know she does." Julie poked him right where his heart was and he knew exactly what he meant. "You were born, but it wasn't yesterday." 

"How are things with Nick?" Luke asked.

"I actually was gonna ask you for a favor." 

sigh i just love how much luke loves jade 

leave a comment and a voteeeeeee 

also, should i write like a.... christmas chapter since it's officially the holly szn🤔

all the love 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 5.1K 40
the one where two ex best friends find each other once again in the afterlife
60.5K 1.1K 17
[ 𝑅𝐸𝐺𝐺𝐼𝐸 𝑃𝐸𝑇𝐸𝑅𝑆 π‘₯ πΉπΈπ‘€οΌŽπ‘‚πΆ ] Lillianna Patterson is dead. She died alongside her brother and best friends; the boys of Sunset Curve...
183K 4.4K 39
Charlie's band sunset curve was gonna be legends, that was until they ate some bad hotdogs and ended up dying; now it's 25 years in the future, and s...
46K 1K 28
Lauren is a rhythmic guitarist for sunset curve. Her band consists of Luke her big brother, Alex her best friend, Bobby who she sees as a big brother...