Friends with baseball (Corey...

By juju_breezy

Aaliyah Betts is a 20 year old softball player Commented to UCLA. She is Mookie Betts younger sister. She is... More

A/N
Betts's Sister
Is she really that big of a deal?
Arizona and Dodgers
New book!!??
Corey to the rescue
team breakfast and practice

UCLA and Dodgers dinner

181 2 0
By juju_breezy

Still Corey's POV

I looked at my phone at was a text from Madisyn. What does she want from me now please do be something stupid.

Hey Baby 😘 don't forget to pick me up Friday morning I am excited to see you.

Shit I forgot she was coming. I don't have any feelings for her anymore like I did before. Me and Madisyn has a on and off relationship and she gets annoying sometimes. Don't tell her I said that. Ever since I got called up to the major from the minors she has been stalking me because she likes the fame and wants the money. The team doesn't like her that's one thing and the other is that the players wife's and girlfriends also doesn't like her. I hope she doesn't start any drama when she comes she always does.

Aaliyah's POV

Bubba, kensley, and I went exploring and shopping before the dinner and we had a really great time together.

"So Corey has a nice smile?" Kensley asked.

"Yeah he does." I replied.

"That was nice of him to help you out earlier and we are sorry that we didn't come early." Bubba said.

"Yeah it was and it is not your guy's fault we all didn't know it was going to happen." I said.

"True." Both of them said.

"Guys and plus he helped me cause if my brother saw he would off killed him and plus my brother told me that he over heard him talking to Joc and he said that I am cocky, arrogant and live off of my brothers fame." I added.

"You are nothing like that we all know that you had a huge crush on him maybe you guys should hangout and get to know each other." Kensley said.

"Yeah but only if he asks me first." I said as we all laughed.

We went to our hotel room and I was thinking a lot. Maybe Corey does like me. No he has a girlfriend that he loves also maybe that's why he is like that he is loyal. I was brought out of my thoughts when they girls showed me their outfits since they didn't show me at the store.

"Guys I live them you guys look great." I said as both of them said thanks.

I am exited for the dinner we get to hang out with the Dodgers can you believe it. Since we have extra time we went to an ice cream shop near by and hang out for a little then head back and got dressed for the dinner since it started at 7:30 and it is 6 so we have an hour or so to get ready.

We got back and we started to get ready and of course we had to put music on so I went to Spotify and put our playlist on. I was doing my hour and make up when our song came on "geek'd" by Bhad Bhabie and we started to sing to it (not going to lie this is a fire song who agrees)

When I finished I help bubba and kensley with their hair and makeup.

(This is Aaliyah's outfit and you get to choose what makeup style you want)

I waited for the girls to finish getting dressed so we can go down together and I don't want to go through what happened again especially in these clothes am I right. When they were done all three of us walked out of the room and to the elevator. Once we got to the Lobby my nerves got high really quick. When we got to the dinning hall I saw my brother and he saw us walk in and we welcomed us as well.

"Hey ladies you guys look beautiful I can't believe you all are grown up now you guys still play softball together." My brother said while smiling.

"Thank you." All three of us said.

Corey's POV

Our coach want our team to be there first so I got ready quickly and it was a fancy dinner but not that fancy if you know what I mean. So I just dressed up nice.

I got to the dinning hall and it was set up with Dodgers baseball pictures and UCLA softball stuff and pictures as well it looked nice. I saw action shots of Aaliyah playing 3rd,catcher, and pitcher in her game day uniform. Aaliyah looked good while playing. I was looking at the pictures when betts walked up to me.

"Enjoying her pictures?" He said.

"They are really good pictures." I said.

"They are I have many more photos like that on my phone that I enjoy looking at." He said.

"Oh I have a question I wanted to ask you." I said.

"Shoot." He said.

" I wanna know if it is fine if I take Aaliyah out for lunch to get to know her better." I asked.

"Yeah it's fine." He replied.

"Thanks man." I said.

"No problem." He said.

After we talked Aaliyah and her friends came walking into the room so I told Mookie that they are here. I swear she is really beautiful I feel bad for misjudged her I will never do that again. I hope one day she will be my girl. Oh shit I think I am falling for little Betts. I was going to talk to her but the rest of the team came and all of them started to all talk to each other. Once everyone toke there seats both coaches started to talk.

"I want to thank the Dodgers organization for letting us stay here and let us use their fields and also helping us during the season we appreciate it we truly do. I am thankful to have these girls in our softball program and for them doing there best and play there hearts out and they are healthy young ladies and I feel that this season is going to be a great season."

Then our coach came to talk after the UCLA'S coaches.

"We are happy that UCLA softball team is here with us and we have highlights from the past season that we would like to play for UCLA."

Then he clicked play and a video played on the projector screen from behind us.

(Imagine the pitcher for UCLA if Aaliyah)

While I was watching the video these girls definitely know how to play both defense and offense. Especially Aaliyah she is dominating in offenses with her pitching. Dang the are really good. At the end of the video after the coaches spoke Mookie want up to speak.

"I have been surprise for my little sister Aaliyah so Aaliyah can you please come up her. So I got her jersey and game balls from last year when you pitched a no hitter in your first college career and you had a perfect game and I am really sorry for missing that game but you know that I still live you till the day I day. I really hope that this while make it up for me missing it." Mookie said.

After she went up to get the framed jersey and the game balls that were in a box we started to eat, talk, and walk around. So I went up to Aaliyah to talk to her

"Hey Aaliyah can I talk to you please." I said.

"Um yeah sure." She said.

"Ok let's head outside it is pretty loud in there." I said as we headed outside.

"Ok let's go." She said following me.

" Before we talk I wanna mention to you that you look really beautiful." I said complimenting her.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." She said while looking at what I was wearing.

"Thanks and I was wondering if you would like to go to lunch with me tomorrow so we can try and get to know each other more better?" I asked.

"And I am so sorry for misjudging you and for me being so rude when you first came to Arizona I feel dumb for doing that." I added.

"Yeah I over heard that but it's all good and yes I would go to lunch with you. But I has to be after my practice." She said.

"Ok that's a plan for both of us tomorrow." I said smiling at her.

"Yeah and here is my number so you can text me." She said handing me a piece of paper with her number on it as she was walking away smiling. Dang I am falling for this girl.

Aaliyah's POV

After Corey asking me to lunch I was surprised because players told me that he didn't like me I was shocked when he wanted to take me to lunch. Plus he wants to know me but what about Madisyn. That's the problem. After the talk I went back to the team and hang out more and shortly after Corey came back as well. Once I sat down my team asked me what happened and they seemed happy. So I told them what happened between me and Corey and they got more exited and they were already shipping mine and Corey's name.

"Guys calm down it is not an official date and plus I heard that he has an on and off relationship with his girlfriend and I don't wanna be apart of there drama." I said to them.

"You know whatever happens we would be there for you no matter what and always remember that we are more than teammates we are family we are sisters." One of my teammates said.

"Thanks guys." I said.

We kept hangout and talking till our coaches said we should end the night with a group picture and in the picture Corey ended up next to me. After the picture we started to head back to our rooms and before I left Corey came up to me and gave me a hug.

"I will see you tomorrow." He said while letting me go.

"I will see you tomorrow." I said walking away.

Kensley,Bubba, and I started to walk back to our rooms again.

"Are you exited for tomorrow's lunch with Corey?" Bubba asked.

"Not going to lie I am somewhat exited." I said back.

"Why are you "somewhat excited"?" Kensley asked.

"Because it is nothing big it's just me and him getting to know each other because he misjudged me and I know for sure that we will just end up friends and plus he as an on and off relationship that he is still in." I said.

"Just have hope you never know just live life." Bubba said.

"Yeah your right and I already have a little hope." I said.

We got to our hotel room and got ready for bed since it is already late and we had practice tomorrow. We didn't fall asleep fast so I out on netflix so we can watch something till we fall asleep. While we were watching Netflix their was a knock on the door so I paused the show and went to open the door. The person at the door was nun other then my brother so I just let him in.

"What are you doing here Mookie?" I asked.

"I just wanted to make sure you guys are ok and wanted to say goodnight to my favorite people." He said.

"Thanks that's really nice of you." I said.

"I also came here to tell you about Corey." He said.

"Yeah what about him?" I asked.

"I know he asked you to go to lunch with him because he wants to get to know you better and stuff like that but I also came to tell you to be careful I don't want you to get hurt and heart broken like you did in your previous relationship it hurts to see you get hurt and I also told Corey that I don't want you involved in his drama with Madisyn."  He said

"Mookie I would be fine and if anything happens you would be the first to know and you know I don't like being in drama so I would just remove myself from it." I said.

"And you have us by your side and always by there for you if anything and we got each other Mookie." Kensley said.

"Thanks guys I appreciate you telling me this Mookie and I will be careful and I love you." I said.

"Love you too and I will see you guys tomorrow." Mookie said.

We all said goodnight to him as he walked out I know what he said was true I need to be careful and make sure I don't get hurt and heart broken again and I am for sure to stay out of Corey's and Madisyn's drama. Mookie, Joc, Kiki, and other Dodgers told me about there drama and they said they can't stand her at all and they also don't like her either. The players wives and girlfriends know me and they tell me they don't like her either. After that we want to bed because we had a long day tomorrow and we had to wake up early for the team breakfast with the Dodgers before we head to practice.

Hey another chapter update I hope you like this one let me know how you like it so far 😊😁 I am going to try to update one or two more chapters for this book this weekend before I head back to classes start again. As always stay beautiful and peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...