Surviving ➹ Teen Wolf x TVD ✓

By ritzmix

Being human? Not so fun after living 500 years on the run and having enemies left and right. After having... More

Cast
Playlist
Human
Pulling a 'Stefan'
Wolf-Girl
Bowling of the Dead
Teenage Witch
Prowling Through The Night
Red Eyes Sparkling in the Darkness
Eyes, Leather and Attitude
Wolf howling at the stars
Curiosity Killed the Kat
Witch's Cookbook
Work in Progress
Cursed Family Blood
Glowing Golden
Bound in Blood
Feeling the Same
Slaying It Gradma
Two Negatives Make a Positive
Dressed to Kill
Slaughter Your Enemies
Words Like Knives
Epilogue

Hook, line and Sinker

9.6K 341 96
By ritzmix

Chapter X: Hook, line and Sinker

"Where were you during the game? I didn't see you." Lydia drawled out as she leaned in the locker next to mine. After visiting Derek I decided to stay at home, lazying around instead of coming to watch Scotty be superman. Liliya, had gone to see some of her witch friends and was working on finding a way to get the cure out of me, so until she returned I was on my own.

"I stayed home, I had the flu." I quickly lied, Lydia could be very dramatic when someone did or said something she didn't like. A few days ago I said that lacrosse was a stupid game and she didn't shut up about it for two days. Even Jackass was getting annoyed by it, and that's saying something seing as that idiot lives for lacrosse. 

"Where's Lily? You guys are always together." The strawberry blonde continued inquiring, not missing a beat.

"Now she has the flu." I replied, rolling my eyes at her. "What do you want Lydia?"

"I was just bored, I thought that I could drag you and Liliya shopping today after school." She informed me, giving me a grin that meant you-better-come-or-else.

"I have to take care of Lily, she's very sick." I said, trying to dramatize the situation.I didn't feel like shopping, I just wanted to crawl into a little hole and hide from the world. I was having a very strong midlife crisis, and the stuff that I loved to do before no longer entertained me. Creating chaos was boring, shopping was tedious, mental games were lifeless, love triangles were mundane and getting drunk was tiresome.

"Fine, whatever." Lydia grunted out, before dashing away in her heels to god knows where.

I picked up my bag, and started walking towards the exit when someone bumped against me. "Watch were you're going dumbass." I growled out, before looking at who had hit me. It was Derek, though he looked like shit. He was deadly pale, and I couldn't help saying "Are you in transition or what?" 

He growled out before grabbing me and throwing me against the nearest wall, and somewhat hiding me from the students in the hall. "Where's Scott?" Derek inquired, growling in my face.

"How the fuck should I know?" I replied, rolling my eyes at him. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I've been shot." He grunted out in reply. "I need Scott to get me the same bullet from the Argent's house."

"The Argent's?" I asked, not getting it. What did the Argent's have to do with anything? I hadn't met Allison's family yet, but they were human ... right?

"The Argent's are hunters, I was shot by one of them and I need the same bullet or my dead so take me to Scott." The green eyed man in front of me said rapidly, as he eyes flashed blue. I had somewhat of a hard time associating Allison with hunters, but I put it in the back of my mind. Now I had a injured werewolf to take care of, one I had swore to help. Damn you Laura!

"He's probably in the parking lot, come on." I said, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him towards the exit.

I couldn't, however, stop imagining Allison as a hunter and a shiver ran through my back. It was like imagining Elena single-handedly killing an Original- impossible.

As we walked in the parking lot, looking for Scott, Stiles stopped his jeep right in front of us in time to see Derek falling to the ground and me struggling to keep him up. Let me tell you, carrying a werewolf was way easier with vampire strength. 

Scott noticed us and came running towards us, and Stiles quickly got out of his vehicle. "What are you doing here?" Scott asked Derek, completely ignoring my presence. Apparently, being turned into a werewolf takes away your manners or maybe it comes from hanging out with Stiles.

"I was shot." Derek grunted out, trying to breathe. 

"He's not looking so good dude." Stiles informed, although we all could see that.

"Why aren't you healing?" The teen wolf asked, ignoring my presence once again. Did he not understand that I was 'human' and talking about healing and bullets near me was a big no-no? Did he want the world to know that he was a werewolf? What a fucking idiot.

"I can't." Derek informed. "It was- It was a different kind of bullet?"

"A silver bullet?" Stiles asked quickly, before realizing I was there. He jumped slightly, before covering his mouth with his hand, forcing himself to not let out anything else. He shot some looks in Scott's direction, but the teen wolf was having fun ignoring me completely.

"No, you idiot." Derek snarled out.

"Wait, wait." Scott intervened quickly. "That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours." Yes Scott, please continue to ignore my presence even though I'm right next to you.

"What?" Derek asked. "Who said 48 hours?"

"The one who shot you." Scotty boy explained.

Derek eyes then turned icy blue, and Stiles looked like he was having a heart attack while looking at me. He was probably waiting for me to have a panic attack or something and while I would love to scare him, now was not the time and before Scott could say anything I growled out at Derek. "Stop that! Do you want to get busted?"

"I can't." Derek snarked back at me, and Scott finally noticed my presence. 

"How long have you been there Katherine?" He asked, looking petrified. After a whole conversation, mister teen wolf had finally noticed my presence. I didn't know if I should bitch slap him for ignoring me or laugh at his terrified expression.

"I was the one who brought Derek to the parking lot, now put him in the car before someone sees him." I grunted out, Scott was starting to irritate me more than Elena fucking Gilbert.

He put Derek on Stiles jeep, and I took a seat on the back. Stiles and Scott continued to send me weird looks but I ignored them. "I need you to find what kind of bullet they used." Derek asked Scott.

"How am I supposed to do that?" The teenage wolf quizzed.

" 'Cause she's an Argent. She's with them." The green eyed man answered. From his voice I had a felling he had some history with the Argents. 

"Why should I help you?" The teen quizzed once more. 

"Because you need me." Derek simply replied, and I quickly had a flashback to all the times I had used that same sentence to get what I wanted.

"Scott find the damn bullet or else I'm making a fur jacket out of your hide." I growled at him, before he could ask another meaningless question. 

"How do you know? " Scott inquired perplexed at the knowledge I had of him. "Are you one too?" I rolled my eyes and stayed silent, as I had mentioned a million times before knowledge is power and too give it freely was stupid.

"Fine, I'll try." The teen finally replied, before looking at Stiles and ordering. "Get them out of here."

"I hate you so much for this." Stiles informed, before starting his car and driving away from school.

"Hey, try not to bleed out in my seats, okay?" Stiles said, after checking his phone. We had been driving for a while in complete silence, though that hadn't stopped Stiles from glaring at me. "We're almost there."

"Almost where?" Derek and I asked at the same time. 

"You're house." Stiles informed, looking at Derek. 

"Are you stupid?" I asked, although I knew the answer to that. "You can't take him there when he can't defend himself, the hunters know about that place you idiot." 

"Seriously, how the fuck do you know that? Who the hell are you?" Stiles demanded loudly, as he turned to look at me, right after he parked the car. I ignored him, and he turned towards Derek. "All right. What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?"

"Not yet, I have a last resort." Derek informed, out of breath. 

"What do you mean?" Stiles quizzed. "What last resort?" 

Derek in reply, rolled up his sleeve. From where I was sitting I had a clear view to his wound and quickly took a picture of it. The sound of the flash echoed through the jeep and Stiles quickly grunted out. "This is not a instagram moment ok?!" Before he looked again at Derek's wound. "Oh my god, what is that? Is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out. Both of you."

"Start the car." Derek grunted out, in a menacing way. "Now."

"I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay?" Stiles informed. "In fact, I think that If I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead."

"Start the car, or I'm going to rip you throat out-" Derek explained calmly. "-with my teeth."

"If you do that, it's definitely going into my instagram." I informed in a serious tone, as Stiles started the car after rolling his eyes at me.

"What am I supposed to do with him?" Stiles inquired into his phone, talking to Scott. Meanwhile I was in the backseat playing candy crush on my mobile. I had texted the picture of Derek's wound to Liliya but all she could tell me is that I was most likely some kind of bullet laced with wolfsbane.

"And, by the way, he's starting to smell." Stiles informed, and even though I couldn't listen to Scott on the other side I knew the teen wolf was freaking out. "Like death." The human teen informed once more, and I had to agree with him. 

"What about your boss?" Stiles quizzed, before passing the phone to Derek and saying "You're not going to believe where he's telling me to take you."

"Did you find it?" Derek inquired into the phone. It was starting to irritate me, I was used to always listening to conversations and super hearing was something I used to having. Being human was starting to be more frustrating than pretending to be Elena Gilbert. I decided to ignore the rest of the conversation but I knew our destination, Scott's workplace.

I continued playing candy crush until we arrived at the animal clinic. When I understood that this was Scott's work place, I had to snort. Sure, bring a injured werewolf to the animal clinic. We entered and Stiles got a text before inquiring. "Does northern blue monkshood mean anything to you?"

"It's a rare form of wolfsbane." I explained, before Derek could. After 500 years, I knew my stuff. "He needs to bring the bullet."

"Why?" Stiles stupidly quizzed.

" 'Cause I'm going to die without it." Derek told him.

Stiles leaded the way towards a little room in the back of the clinic while I helped Derek take his shirt of. While I wished I could do that in different circumstances it was still a great image to look at, blood and all.

"You know, that really doesn't look like anything some echinacea and a good night of sleep couldn't take care of." Stiles said, although by the look on his face he knew this was some serious shit.

"When the infection reaches my heart, it will kill me." Dark, tall and bloodied informed.

" Positivity just isn't in you vocabulary, is it?" Stiles quizzed, sarcasm dripping from his words.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time- last resort." Derek said, ignoring Stile's last question.

"Which is?" The human asked. I silently rolled my eyes, I already knew what Derek was planning and I was hoping that Scott hurried it up. Stiles was a little pansy, so the job would probably go to me anyway.

"You're gonna cut of my arm." Derek instructed him, as he showed us a mini chainsaw. 

"Oh my god!" Stiles said, shocked with Derek's plan while the injured werewolf tied something around his arm, making sure he wouldn't completely bleed out. "What if you bleed to death?"

"It'll heal if it works." The werewolf informed.

"Ugh- look, I don't know if I can do this." The teen said, looking panicked. I knew I would probably end up do it myself, but I couldn't help being amused by Stiles freaking out. I would let them fight it out and then volunteer to do it myself at the end, that way I had free entertainment. Some would said I was being a selfish bitch, and that a life was on the line but really, I was a selfish bitch and I enjoyed it.

"Why not?" Derek asked, not understanding his unease.

"Well because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and specially the blood." Stiles stated.

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek inquired. At that moment I imagined Stiles as a vampire, and fainting at the sight of his first meal and It toke all my control not to roll on the floor laughing.

"No, but I might at the sight of a chopped-off arm!" The teen exclaimed.

"All right,fine. How about this- either you cut off my arm or I'm gonna cut off your head." The wolf threatened.

"Ok, you know what, I'm so not buying your threats any-" Stiles started, but was stopped by Derek grabbing him by the shirt in dire way. "Oh, my God. All alright, bough, sold. Totally. I'll do it. I'll do it." The teen relented, before asking "What? What are you doing?" as Derek threw up some kind of black goo.

"What the hell is that?" I asked, grossed out. I'm used to cleaning up corpses, not weird looking liquids.

"It's my body. It's trying to heal itself." Wolf-man informed, and I nodded in understanding.

"Well, it's not doing a very good job at it." Stiles joked, and I felt the need to bitch slap him for making jokes in inopportune moments.

"Now, you've got to do it know." Derek said, as he put in arm on the metal table.

"Look, honestly, I don't think I can." Stiles said, and I knew this was it. No more entertainment, it was time to get my nails bloodied.

"Give me that you idiot." I said, as I toke the chainsaw from Stile's hands. He looked at me like I had grown another head, but I ignored him.

I put the saw in the right place, and murmured. "Alright, here we go." I was about to start cutting when we heard Scott's voice calling for Stiles. I let out a sigh, a grateful one. While it would be interesting chopping of a arm while I was human, I didn't feel like hurting Derek. He was to sexy of his own good.

"What the hell are you doing?" The teen wolf inquired, as he noticed the mini chainsaw.

"I was cutting of his arm." I explained nonchalantly, as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, you just prevented a lifetime of nightmares." Stiles exclaimed, letting out a sigh. 

"Did you get it?" Tall, dark and bloodied asked, out of breath. Scott handed him the bullet and Derek pulled it up into the light to look at it.

"What are you going to do with it?" Stiles asked.

"I'm gonna- I'm gonna..." Derek started, before promptly fainting. The bullet fell from his hand and went into the drain. Scott went to find it, while I stayed with Derek and Stiles. 

"Derek, Derek, come on, wake up." Stiles calls out, bitch slapping Derek a few times, without result. "Scott what are we going to do?"

"I don't know, I cant reach it." Scott grunted out.

"Scott, use your stupid ass wolf nails and Stiles you're not going to wake him with those little bitch slaps." I growled out, before I kicked Stiles from my way. 

"I got it, I got it." Scott said loudly, a few seconds later, while Stiles screamed about Derek's dead estate. I ignored them both, and punched Derek in the jaw. The wolf man quickly woke up, even though it was at the cost of my knuckles, and Scott quickly gave him the bullet. He bit the bullet and quickly opened it, before setting the wolfsbane that was inside on fire and putting it on his wound.

He let out a few grunts, before falling to the ground screaming in pain. The human and the pup watched the scene making weird faces, while I stayed quiet watching it as well. After a few seconds any trace of the wound disappeared. 

"That was awesome!" Stiles exclaimed, and I silently rolled my eyes. I was doing that a lot recently, it must be because everything annoyed me now-a-days.

"Are you ok?" The pup asked the older werewolf.

"Except of the agonizing pain." Derek replied sarcastically.

"I'm guessing the ability to use sarcasm is a good sign of health." Stiles said, and in return got a glare from Derek and I.

"Ok, we saved your life which means you're going to leave us alone, you got that?" Scott said, and seeing as he pulled me towards him he was adopting me into his little gang of misfits. I rolled my eyes before getting myself free from his hand and standing a little next to Derek. He was the only one I had promised to help, while Scott is a cute kid I wasn't going to help him out for free. Scott gave me a quick glance, before continuing with his little speech. "And if you don't, I'm going to Allison's dad, and I'm going to tell him everything-"

"You gonna trust them?" Derek cut him off. "You think they can help you?"

"Well, why not?" Scott inquired, sounding like the little brat that he is. "They're a lot freaking nicer than you are."

" I can show you exactly how nice they are." Derek informed.

Derek drove us to Beacon Hill's crossing home, well it was supposed to be only Scott but I tagged along. I needed a ride back home, since my car was still in the school's parking lot and I sure as hell wasn't going to get a ride with Stiles. Something was wrong with that kid, he just wasn't normal. 

"What are we doing here?" Scott inquired, but Derek ignored him and went inside the building.

 We follow the wolf-man into a patien'ts room, and I notice a man sitting in a wheelchair in the middle of the rooms. He looked like he was in his 30's and looked somewhat like Laura, so I presume this was Peter Hale, Laura's and Derek's uncle who became comatose after the fire.

"Who is he?" Scott asks.

"My uncle, Peter Hale." Derek informs, and I nod my head silently confirming my earlier presumption.

"Is he, like you- a werewolf?" Scott inquires, and I wonder if this kid doesn't know the meaning of a comfortable silence. People tend to talk better when they aren't forced to answer questions.

"He was.Now he's barely even human." Derek confessed. "Six years ago, my sister and I were at school and our house caught fire. Eleven people were trapped inside, he was the only survivor."

"So, what make you so sure they set the fire?" Scott asked.

"Because they were the only one's that knew about us." The older man explained.

"Well then, they had a reason." Scott said, trying to justify the crime committed by his girlfriend's family.

"Like what? You tell me what justifies this." Derek snarled out, as he showed us Peter Hale's burnt face. Both mine's and Scott's eyes widened at the sight that was in front of us, even I couldn't hide my surprise. "They say they'll only kill an adult, and only with the absolute proof, but there were people in my family that were perfectly ordinary in that fire. This is what they do. This is what Allison will do."

I almost rolled my eyes at the Allison comment, but I knew that if the girl found out about the supernatural there was a high chance she would become a hunter, and a very deadly one. I only hoped Scott didn't break her heart, she would probably transfer her hate for him into all supernatural's and she could became a real thereat.

"What are you doing? How did you get in here?" Some nurse inquired, stepping into the room.

"We were just leaving." Derek replied before the three of us left. When we got outside Scott ran of  somewhere, probably going to spy on Allison with his wolf powers and I got into the passenger seat of Derek's car.

"Where to?" He inquired.

"My house, and you're sleeping over." I informed him casually. He lifted his eyebrow at me, and I rolled my eyes at him before continuing. "Liliya isn't in town at the moment, and I'm going to need a lift to school tomorrow. 

"Oh, so your using me as you chauffeur now?" He asked, sounding highly amused. "Last time I was muscle to carry your witch friend and now this?"

"Are you forgetting that just today I carried you're bloodied self around town, and saved you life from a very painful death?" I inquired, giving him my sweetest grin.

"Stiles carried me around time and Scott saved me by finding the bullet." He said, rolling his eyes.

"You only found Stiles and Scott at the school because I carried your ass and I told Scott to use his wolf powers to catch the bullet after it fell into a drain and I punched you awake for you to do your thing and survive." I replied smartly, while he was very charming he wasn't going to win a wit battle against me.

"Fine." He finally relented, and rolled his eyes when my grin grew into a giant smirk. 

"So where am I sleeping?" He inquired, as he stepped into my living room.

"Well, you can either have the couch or join me in the bed." I said coyly, with a mischievous look on my eyes. I went into my room, took off all my clothes and slimmed into bed. The silence was heard through out the house and I stayed still, waiting to see if the sexy wolf-man had taken my bait.

A few moments later, my door opened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1.5K 38
Jamie Landis was hidden from the world protected by a goddess until the day she could travel to Camp-Half Blood by herself. Not knowing her true pare...
5.5K 95 17
Harry Potter and his friends find themselves in the middle of a deadly contest called the triwizard tournament. A three task competition with three s...
3.2K 90 22
After a surprising meeting for the Flash, one strange speedster puzzles the Flash and he wonders will he ever find out who she is. I don't own the f...
407K 10.2K 78
"Always and forever." That's what her family lived by when they were human until forced to become the first vampires to walk the Earth. Alexia Mikael...