The Hunted

By chappytherabbit

More

The Hunted
The Hunted chapter 2
The Hunted chapter 3
The Hunted chapter 4
The Hunted chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

The Hunted chapter 6

16 0 0
By chappytherabbit

Chapter 6

"You should go to sleep." Kaden said.

"Yeah." I moaned.

"Come on." He said pulling me up to my feet. He led me to the tree house and I climbed in between Keegan and Tyler. After a few minutes of silence Keegan's arm wrapped around me. WARMTH!

I started quickly fading into darkness letting my dreams take over inside my head.

************

"Kelsey wake up." Tyler said waking me up.

"No." I moaned.

"Yeah, come on wake up." He said shaking me.

"Nooooo." I moaned as I rolled away from him.

"Yeah it's already probably noon." He said before grabbing my arms and pulled me up to my feet.

"Nooooo." I moaned again. "It's too early."

"Get up." Tyler said grabbing my shoulders and shaking me around.

"Ugh! I'm up!" I groaned.

"Good! Lets go swimming! Lets play a game! Lets talk about random stuff! Lets go hunting! We need to do laundr-"

"Ok shut up!" I groaned.

"What do you want to do first?"

"Take a nap." I said.

"No! Come on! We'll go for a swim! It'll be fun and it'll wake you up."

"I don't have a swim suit." I groaned while rubbing my eyes.

"Just go in your bra and underwear."

"What? No." I said.

"Well then just wear the clothes you wore yesterday."

"Ok." I said.

"I'll be back." He said leaving to go get changed. I quickly grabbed my tank top and shorts I wore yesterday and started getting changed.

"Kelsey are you ready?" Tyler asked from the ground.

"Yeah." I said before going down the ladder.

"Ok, you gotta just run right in with me!" Tyler said.

"Ok." I said. We both started running and at the last moment I stopped and he kept going.

"Kelsey! Come on!" He laughed before sinking underwater.

"I'm coming." I said taking baby steps in.

"Come on! Move it." He laughed.

"I'm coming!" I said before running into the water.

"Yay!" He said as I swam out to him.

"Ya, now what?" I asked.

"Hmmm...we can play a game." He said.

"What game?" I asked.

"Marco polo?" He said.

"No. I don't like that game."

"Uh...hmmm...oh! The color game!"

"No I hate that game too." I said scrunching up my nose.

"Well what do you want to play then?" He asked.

"This one!" I laughed before dunking him underwater. He kicked my legs and tripped me. I got up as fast as I could and tackled him. We tried drowning each other for about five minutes then both surrendered.

"Hey! Where's Keegan and Kaden?" I asked.

"It's food day. They told me to stay and watch you while they go get the food the hunters lay out."

"I don't need a babysitter." I said.

"Haha yeah you do." He laughed.

"No I don't."

"Yeah you do."

"Nope!"

"Yep!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Ok shut up!" I laughed. "So, how exactly does this food day work?" I asked.

"The hunters keep track of how many of us there are in the woods. Then they leave out some little bags filled with food. Then we have to go try and get those bags of food, but we have to be sneaky, because if one of the hunters sees us then they'll kill us." Tyler said.

"Wait! If the hunters just want to kill us, then why don't they just make us starve?" I asked.

"The government won't allow that. They have to give us food, and they can't come in the woods to kill us, they have to kill us on the trail they walk everyday."

"Ohh...well why are they wanting to kill us?"

"Because it's their job, they get paid to do it."

"How much?"

"A lot, since all the hunters are risking their lives too. We're aloud to kill them."

"...oh...have you ever killed one of the hunters?"

"Yeah. I've killed four of them." He said.

"What about Kaden? Or Keegan?" I asked.

"Keegan has killed eight and Kaden killed fourteen."

"That's.......twenty six out of how many?" I asked.

"About five hundred."

"Whoa...I don't think I'd be able to kill anyone if I had the chance to."

"I didn't think I would either, but once you look at them and your in the moment you think, it's either you or them who's gonna die."

"Yeah...I guess that's true." I said. "Wait! Why do they even have this whole killing thingy and living in the woods?" I asked.

"The government wanted it, and they got what they wanted." He said.

"Man people are stupid." I laughed as we got out of the water and laid on some rocks.

"What month is it?" Tyler asked.

"It's August." I said looking up at the clouds.

"Wow." He said. "Oh hey we need to do laundry!" He said smiling.

"I am not doing your laundry." I said.

"Come on! It's easy!" He said.

~Don't do it, laundry takes work.~ Tracey said.

"...fine." I said to Tyler.

"Yes!" He laughed running up to the tree house.

~No one listens to me any more.~ Tracey sighed.

"Sorry." I said smiling.

~Yeah whatever.~

"Here." Tyler said handing me a big bag of laundry.

"Whoa." I said taking the bag.

"Ok, it's easy. You grab some clothes, then go in the water, then swish the clothes around to clean them out. Then you hang it on the line." He said pointing to a clothes line.

"Ok, but you have to wash clothes too!" I said.

"I will." He laughed. After a few times of doing piles of laundry I got bored.

"This is too boring!" I moaned.

"No it's not. We only have a little bit left." He smiled.

"Wait, where do you guys get so much clothes?" I asked.

"Some of it we came here in and brought with us, and the other clothes are from either hunters we've killed, or other kids we've killed." He said.

"...oh." I said.

"Yeah..." He said before awkward silence crept up on us.

"Soooo..." I said when we finished.

"Sooo..."

"Wanna play a game?" I asked.

"Sure what game?"

"The questions game!" I said smiling.

~~~~~~

I'm finally ungrounded! So I'm able to upload again! YAY! Sorry for the loooooonnnng wait!

Thanks for reading,

<3 Chappytherabbit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 458 23
Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke had just defeated the former lower moon 6. Zenitsu was crying and begging Shoichi to come along with them to protect him...
9.4K 410 21
In this story A boy named The same as the protagonist's name in his previous life a Boy named Satoru Mikami is and ordinarily Otaku High schooler H...
10.2K 208 23
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.
33.4K 712 71
The Wyvern of Destiny, The Wyvern of Destruction, The Black Flame, The Dark Demise, The King of Monsters, The King of Dragons. He is called Fatalis...