When Fire Meets Gasoline | Wi...

Door xonceuponatimex

Oliver Campbell just wants to have two more peaceful years at Hogwarts with his best friends before they all... Meer

Introduction
Graphic Gallery
PART I
chapter one | the great escape
chapter two | moving across the pond
chapter three | weasleys' wizard wheezes
chapter four | en route to hogwarts
chapter five | the warm welcome
chapter six | potions class
chapter seven | way down andrew goes
chapter eight | the shortest duel
chapter nine | little secrets
chapter ten | new missions
chapter eleven | an alarming discovery
chapter twelve | one's theory is another one's problem
chapter thirteen | letters
chapter fourteen | feelings and distractions
chapter fifteen | putting on an act
chapter sixteen | the library quarrel
chapter seventeen | holiday surprises
chapter eighteen | a heated train ride
chapter nineteen | the big christmas disaster
chapter twenty | the truth about healing
chapter twenty-one | overwhelmed with emotions
chapter twenty-three | the morning after
chapter twenty-four | when it all spills out
chapter twenty-five | the final hours
chapter twenty-six | tragedies on the astronomy tower
chapter twenty-seven | a war is coming
PART II
chapter twenty-eight | switching sides
chapter twenty-nine | timing is everything
chapter thirty | a new addition
chapter thirty-one | the scamander house
chapter thirty-two | early risers
chapter thirty-three | london bound
chapter thirty-four | apologies
chapter thirty-five | inside the ministry of magic
chapter thirty-six | the fire pack
chapter thirty-seven | the long-awaited closure and peace
chapter thirty-eight | the risky journey
chapter thirty-nine | moments that linger
chapter forty | a memorable christmas
chapter forty-one | the departure
chapter forty-two | the betrayal
chapter forty-three | a new prison
chapter forty-four | oliver's interrogation
chapter forty-five | new arrivals
chapter forty-six | the aftermath at shell cottage
chapter forty-seven | the countdown begins
chapter forty-eight | going back to hogwarts
chapter forty-nine | in the corridors
chapter fifty | the battle begins
chapter fifty-one | fight to the finish
chapter fifty-two | escape from the turmoil
epilogue
Author's Note

chapter twenty-two | openings and closings

69 9 5
Door xonceuponatimex

Things managed to calm down within the castle walls as the days went by. With the term almost halfway done, Oliver felt almost relieved. This year, with everything that was going on, it was stressful for him and his friends. Then again, there was always something new happening, thanks to Harry Potter.

Ever since him and Andrew had their heartfelt conversation, Oliver thought about Fiona more often than he usually did. During the day, he would plunge himself with more research about her death, trying to look for any more clues in what happened to her all those years ago. By night, he saw her in his dreams again, full of laughter and smiles, the memories that he wished he got to make with her.

Did he think this was healthy, an obsession that was beginning to form again, taking over other thoughts he had in his brain? Most likely, the answer was no. But did he need closure? Yes, he did, even if it took him his entire life to find out the truth.

Oliver was leaving the library one night, going over the notes in his head from his research, when he was approached by Hermione in the corridor.

"Hey," she greeted him.

He shot her an awkward smile. "Hey."

She didn't say anything for a moment, but then cleared her throat. "I suppose we should talk about Slughorn's Christmas party."

"Yes, I think we've put it off talking about it for too long," Oliver stated.

Hermione sighed, tucking some hair behind her ear. "Look, Oliver, you're a nice guy. In fact, you're one of the nicest guys I know. It's just that...well, I felt like I was just using you to get back at Ron, and that was wrong of me."

The boy felt his heart tug a little at Hermione's confession. Given the time that passed without the two speaking a word to each other after their kiss at the party, he expected something was off about the whole thing. Of course, he wasn't sure what to think that it was all because of Ron Weasley...

"It's okay, Hermione," was all he could get out of his mouth.

"I'm so sorry, Oliver," she replied, sounding sincere, while giving him an apologetic look. "Maybe there was something between us at one point..."

"Yeah, maybe." If only she had given me the chance, he thought. Or at least allowed us more time to get to know each other better. "But I guess things happen for a reason, right?"

Hermione couldn't help but chuckle, looking down at her shuffling feet. "I suppose that's true." She paused, then raised her head at Oliver's eyes. "I really am sorry."

"It's okay," he assured her. "I'm sorry, too."

The girl furrowed her brows in confusion. "For what?"

"For not mustering up the courage to ask you out sooner." Oliver let out a small chuckle. "But you'll be happy with Ron."

"You think so?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I do."

So Hermione leaned in for a hug, wrapping his arms around Oliver, which he returned the favor. "You'll find someone, too, Oliver."

As they held their embrace for a little bit longer, Oliver let her words sink into his brain. He sensed a hint of hope in her voice, really thinking that she could be right. If he knew anything, Hermione Granger was usually right about everything.

When the two pulled away, Hermione released another sigh. "Take care, Oliver, okay?"

"I will. Same goes for you."

With that, Hermione gave him one more comforting expression before heading off down the corridor. He didn't turn back to see her. Instead, he began to head back to the Ravenclaw Tower like before.

You'll find someone, too, Oliver.

He hoped that was true.

While he was strolling down the halls, Oliver spotted Eliza running his way. "Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you."

"Why?" he asked, then saw her tear-stained eyes, which worried him. "Liza, what's wrong?"

She sniffled, a few more tears coming. "It's Jacob. He's been poisoned."

*******

Visitors were no longer allowed by the time Oliver and Eliza arrived at the Hospital Wing. According to Madam Pomfrey, the poison came from a drink offered by Professor Slughorn in his office. There were so many questions running through their heads, their nerves spiraling to a panic state.

Violet and Andrew were coming out of the wing, with Andrew comforting Violet as she wept.

"How's he doing?" Eliza asked.

"He's stable, along with Ron," Andrew said.

"Wait, Ron?" Oliver repeated, confused. "Why is he there?"

"Because he was poisoned, too," Andrew replied.

Oliver's eyes went wide. "Okay, I need an explanation of what's going on."

Violet sniffled, wiping her eyes. "Professor Slughorn asked him to stop by his office to ask him some things about his grandfather. Harry and Ron showed up later, something about a love potion. Then, they all decided to have a drink. Jacob and Ron were the only ones to take a sip of the mead. Harry saved both of them and then immediately got Andrew and Eliza."

"Then Liza and I split up to find you and Violet," Andrew finished. "It's been a crazy night for sure."

"Sounds like it," Oliver stated. "So when will we be able to see Jake?"

"Whenever he's feeling up to it, I guess," Andrew answered. "Madam Pomfrey said that might be tomorrow, possibly."

While Oliver and the rest of his friends were relieved that Jacob was okay, including Ron, none of them could shake the feeling that another crime (in the years he had been here) was committed within the walls of Hogwarts, a place that was supposed to be safe for everyone.

"Who do you think poisoned the mead?" Eliza questioned.

"Probably the same Slytherins that cursed Katie Bell with that necklace," Andrew retorted. "You can't tell me it doesn't make sense."

Oliver didn't want to admit that Andrew had a point about Draco and Mary. After all, with what happened between her and Jacob at Slughorn's Christmas dinner, it didn't seem like a coincidence.

He almost considered Mary a friend, (more like an acquaintance), with how they interacted whenever they saw each other. He didn't want to ask her, remembering how defensive she got the last time when the subject was brought up. Still, this was one of his best mates that almost died. It was attempted murder. How could he ignore that?

Oliver looked at Andrew, knowing that he wasn't going to let this slide.

"Well, how about we all get some sleep and regroup in the morning?" Eliza suggested. "We can't do much for Jake now."

The others nodded, bidding each other goodbye as Andrew and Eliza headed back to the Gryffindor Tower.

Oliver draped an arm around Violet, rubbing her soothingly. "You okay, Vi?"

She nodded. "I will be eventually." The blonde paused, sighing. "I just can't imagine anyone I know doing such a thing to two innocent students."

The two Slytherins popped into his mind once again, not wanting to believe that they could've been the ones behind it. In a way, he trusted Mary, seeing the good in her, despite everything else he heard that would've clouded his judgement. Now, he was unsure about her, wondering if the things said about her were true all along.

So, he shook his head and huffed a long sigh. "I can't, either."

The conversation was left on that note, and Oliver was grateful that Violet didn't press on about it anymore.

A/N: Well, a lot happened in this chapter.

Song above is Sad Walk Home by Rael Jones.

Comment, vote, PLEASE comment b/c I love feedback and support!

-A

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

190K 4.2K 42
‼️ to everyone seeing this book on their recommended, welcome to my account :) I'd like to say that this is the first book I ever wrote, hence it is...
188K 5.7K 32
~ Year two ~ Warning; this is the second book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
46.6K 1.7K 53
[Book 2] ❝ 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 π₯𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 π›πžπ¬π­ 𝐀𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭.❞ Serena's fourth year at Hogwarts begins, but...
46.3K 1.5K 32
"Everyone thinks I'm insane for going back to him, but they don't understand that with a love like this, you can never let go." After Draco had becom...