The Last Spring [Editing is i...

By IreneEthrin

Hyeyoon had always lived her life positively. She's cheerful, smart, and beautiful. Though she isn't the typ... More

Introduction ✔
Prolog ✔
1. Third Year of College ✔
2. Closer ✔
3. The Sunset ✔
4. The Sun Rises (First Time) ✔
5. Sweet and Sour ✔
6. His Rules ✔
7. Woman Instinct ✔
8. Emergency ✔
9. Ilsan ✔
10. Turn of Events ✔
11. Rain in November ✔
12. Flashback's Epilogue ✔
13. LT. Engineering & Construction ✓
14. Beijing, The Gala ✔
15. Attentive ✔
16. Welcome Back ✔
17. Dress Fitting ✔
18. The Solitaire Ring
19. The Beauty Salon
20. The Engagement Party
21. Head of the Program Division, Kim Rowoon
22. Seoul Branch (1)
23. Seoul Branch (2) Locked
24. A Friendly Advice
25. The First Flight, Shanghai Airlines
27. Xiamen Branch Office
28. Avoiding a Scene
29. The Candor
30. Upside Down
31. Splendid China Folk Villages
32. The Potala Palace
33. Couch Talk
34. Morning Flight
35. Overnight Flight
36. Assets and Investment
37. Final Report, the Near End of the Trip
38. The Long Night
39. The Last Day of the Trip
40. Confession
41. Facing the Truth
42. Making a Decision
43. Finding Its Way Back
44. One Big Step in Life
Epilogue

26. Kempinski Hotel Xiamen

481 48 34
By IreneEthrin

The room was placed on the 21st floor. We were escorted by the staff and then arrived in front of room 2102. The staff opened the room from us and let us walked in first.

"Have a good rest, Sir, Ma'am. Your belongings are inside the cabinet. Please call the room service if you need anything, good night," the staff bowed and nodded.

I walked to the cabinet and found the suitcases. Meanwhile, Hyeyoon went inside the room and checking the extra bed. They placed the queen-size extra bed beside the king-size bed with the end table in between.

I followed her behind and watched her reaction. The view in front of me right now was very dreamy. Hyeyoon stood back-facing me and the soft mattress. An inevitable flashback memory suddenly surged up and I bitterly swallowed back the forbidden desire that about to surface.

Hyeyoon then turned around and saw me stood there, frozen. She pointed at the queen-size bed and said calmly, "I'll take that one. You won't be fit with your huge posture on it,"

I was stunned and followed her with my eyes as the girl walked back to the cabinet and pulled out her suitcase. She then took out a few stuff and a pajama.

"I'll shower first if you don't mind," she shouted from there as the room was actually quite large. "Rowoon, do you want to wash up first?" she called again as she didn't hear any response from me.

"No," I gulped once. Then regained to answer her properly. "You go first. I need to do something else," I tried to divert my attention to my phone and planned to continue where I was left off before.

I heard the sound of the door closed and the water drops from the shower. I walked to the couch and dialed the contact. Waited for a minute and no answer. I glanced at my watch and it was 2 AM in Seoul right now.

I frowned and dialed the number once again. Didn't bother to wait for the morning. Or else I couldn't sleep because of this.

The second call was still unanswered. I let out a heavy breath. The anger started to build up. I impatiently hit the dial button again. The third call. I thought it would get the same result but the other line was picking it up.

"Hello," the voice was hoarse and I knew she was sleeping. I was waking her up.

"Miss Seo," I sounded. Apparently, she was just realized who she was talking to and there was a rustling sound from the other line.

"Y-yes, Sir," her voice sounded better now. "What can I do for you, Mr. Kim," her sound was unstable but I didn't care. I needed to make things clear.

"Miss Seo. I have to tell you this," I tried hard to hold the temper that about to explode. "You have to do your job properly if you still want the position of my secretary. What were you thinking when you made a Hotel reservation in Xiamen, huh? Did you forget that there were two people?" my voice risen. I couldn't help it.

"Yes?" she was flustered.

That was the worst response she shouldn't have said. I stood up and now anger was consuming me. A perfectionist like me had always made sure everything went well with works and did my best to minimize errors. With that, I was very bad at tolerating the other's mistakes. Moreover, if the mistakes affected work performance.

"Check again with the hotel reservation at Xiamen and see what you had done!" my voice risen instantly. "Do check again with all the flight and hotel reservations, right now! They have to be under two names!"

The girl immediately processed my command. She was heard stuttered, "Yes, Sir. I-I'll do re-check all the bookings and reservations," she responded.

"Report to me in 10 minutes! I don't tolerate unpunctuality," I emphasized every word, and after hearing her reply. I hung up the call.

My chest went up and down from the anger. I was stood by the window facing the beautiful view of Yundang Lake and Xiamen's night city lights. I wasn't aware of Hyeyoon presence right behind me. She was watching me in silence. I just realized it when I saw her reflection through the glass.

I turned around and saw her wearing pajama with her damp hair flawlessly fall on her shoulder. The anger that previously consumed my body suddenly turned to a familiar yearning and I barely holding the awakened beast up in me. The beast that found his prey right in front of his eyes yet he had no power to capture or claimed her.

"Did you just scold your secretary, Rowoon?" her gentle voice was like a soft melody in my ear. Which actually she was talking like her usual self, yet it strangely sounded like an enticing spell in my ear.

Hyeyoon frowned when she saw me only stood there watching her. Unresponsive to her question.

"Why would you do that? She must have been sleeping at this hour. You should've been waited till morning to call her," Hyeyoon walked to her bed and sat on the edge of it.

Oh?

I watched her every movement and saw her sat on the bed. As if she was inviting me to capture her in a single move and engulf her into sweet kisses all over her figure. I helplessly ran my finger through my hair and sighed in frustration.

My mind and body now were not synchronizing well, I realized that. I took a step forward toward her yet my brain was still able to warn me that this wasn't right. I would lose my dignity if I lost to myself this time.

I could already imagine how I capture her in one move and scoop her in my arms. Leaned her down to the mattress and tossed all those useless fabrics. The beast was now awakening. I could feel myself getting aroused at the thought. I cursed at myself silently.

I was half hoping something or anything could stop me right now, or else I'd actually come to her and grab her tiny body in one swift move and she wouldn't be able to do much with my power over her.

I was reluctantly hoping Hyeyoon would stop me right now. But to my surprise, she didn't even move a bit from her spot. She was seen watching me quietly. As if she was waiting for me to commit a mistake.

I was deliberately counting to three.

One.

If none of us actually stopping each other, I would just do whatever my body wants. I could care less about the consequences. My heart was beating erratically and I was afraid that Hyeyoon could hear it from afar.

Two.

She wasn't moving at all. All she did was sitting there. She was watching over me. Or waiting for me?

I moved forward a few steps and halted. I saw a slight sign of restlessness in her eyes. They were twitching. She was anticipating, that was the sign.

I sighed to the view and was cursing hardly to myself. Screwed dignity. I lost it already the moment I took one step closer toward her.

Three.

I was one step away from Hyeyoon when my phone rang loudly through the entire room. We both startled and she quickly fixed herself. She rose from her seat and moved away.

My breath was heavy. I looked at the phone screen and rage took over me once again. Seo YoonAh. Screwed her, really. Her timing was awfully bad.

I clenched my jaw tightly and ready to scold her again when I felt someone hold my hand gently. I looked down and Hyeyoon already holding my hand, preventing me to answer the call.

"I heard earlier, you told her to report in 10 minutes. And she does report to you in less than 10 minutes. It's not her fault," she reminded me. She was right.

Hyeyoon pulled me to sit on the couch. She then stood up to get a glass of water and told me to drink, to calm myself down. I did as I told and drink the water.

Just when she took the glass from me, my phone rang again. This time Hyeyoon clearly reminded me to hold myself up and not throwing my anger toward the poor girl.

I sighed and took the call. The girl was just informed that she was already re-checking all the booking and made sure everything was booked under my name and Hyeyoon. She was apologizing for her previous mistake of the Hotel Reservation in Xiamen. She promised not to repeat the same mistake and would carefully multiply check her works from now on.

I responded with a simple okay then hung the call. I shut my eyes tiredly and leaned my back to the couch rest. The rage now subdued and I could slightly get a grip of myself again.

"You're tired. Go wash and sleep, Rowoon," Hyeyoon was still there and I opened my eyes to look at her.

She stood up and avoiding my gaze. "I'll go to sleep first. Good night," she said then walked to her bed and laid down covering almost her whole body with the bedcover.

"Don't forget to turn off the lights," she reminded again and I sighed as I saw her turned to her side and finding her comfortable position to sleep.

"Alright," I whispered to myself so that only I could hear my voice. "Good night, Hyeyoon," I said again while watching her now in her favorite sleeping position. I smiled while watching her slowly fell into her deep slumber. She was always sleeping like that—turning to the side, putting one of her hand under the pillow, and let her cheek touched the pillow.

* * *

As I predicted. I couldn't sleep, at all. I was tossing back and forth, tried finding the most comfortable position but I couldn't even let my mind rest. Meanwhile, Hyeyoon was sleeping soundly on the next bed.

I knew what was inside my mind. I had to brush it off before I could impulsively move toward her right now. I turned to the side and facing her. From this proximity, I could see her sleeping face. Watching her soft breath in and out quietly. She was beautiful in her sleep.

"Seok-woo...,"

I froze. Tried to listen carefully as I might mishear it. Did she just call me by my previous name?

"Stay," she murmured in her sleep. I didn't know she talked in her sleep like this. She never did that before as far as I remember.

She mumbled something incoherently. I got up and leaned forward to hear anything come out from her once again. This time, it was clear. She called me.

"Seok-woo," she moaned my name once again. 

I stunned. She did call me by my previous name. The next second I heard a low sob and a single tear escaped from her eyes. I frowned.

I was thinking to wake her up but I halted. Whatever she saw in her dream about me, I made her cry. She only had sad memories about me. That fact squeezed my heart.

"What can I do to make up for my past mistakes, Hyeyoon?" I sounded lowly, more to myself.

I reached out my hand to touch the strands of her hair that fell right on her cheek. I pulled them aside so I could stroke her soft cheek.

She flinched slightly. I pulled out my hand and watched her if I actually woke her up but thankfully I didn't. She shifted a little so that her face now lifted from the pillow.

The trace of the tears was visible on her cheek. I naturally wiped it away and let her sleep more. I pulled up the bedcover more for her and stroking her face gently with my fingertips.

Screwed pride and dignity. Yes. My life was screwed already. I was so dumb, idiot, stupid, all the names that suited me were only bad ones. I had committed sins. I took this girl's love for granted and now I was regretting it miserably.

I sighed helplessly. I inched forward to her face. Inhaled her sweet breath deeply and letting it filled in my system just like drugs.

I cast my spell on her, "you'll always be mine, Hyeyoon. Your heart will always be mine, that will last forever," I finished it by capturing her soft lips in a gentle kiss. The kiss that I was longing for for years. The lips that wouldn't be replaced in my entire life. Her soft taste, her sweetness that remained the same.

I nibbled to her lips in very slow and gentle movements, I pecked more on her lips and pulled slowly. I saw her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Did she wake up? She didn't. Apparently, the girl was too tired. I smiled and stood up. Leaving her to have more sleep and went out of the room, looking for fresh air. 

================================================================================

A/N :

There you go... Three updates... 

LOL

I'd like to apologize for any mistakes and misspelling. Grammatical errors and might contain lots of redundant words. Haha...

I was trying to fix it using Grammarly and it only helps me as a free user. So yeah, please excuse the errors.

I'm currently working on the next chapter but still not finished writing it. I was stuck on how to express Hyeyoon's POV aside from Rowoon's POV. And that's strange since I actually was more used to write from Hyeyoon's POV. 

Let me work on it carefully before finish writing and publish it here.

Enjoy these three chapters, everyone.

Hope all of you are healthy and safe wherever you are.
Thank you for reading the story till now, and hope you'll stay till the very end of this story.

Love you all. And see you again in the next update~  ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 1.5K 25
"I love you honey" - Taehyung "I think you should get marry to nancy"-Y/N " No,you can't love my sister taehyung "-Jin " Taehyung that girl isnt mat...
361K 12.3K 36
Lovestory of a popular senior and a new comer in the university... Simple and cute Kim Taehyung ✨. Handsome and passionate Jeon Jungkook✨. ________...
66.9K 2.3K 24
a highschool student, Y/N, had finally come up to a decision to end her four years of crushing on her senior after being forced by her bestfriend. Th...
9.7K 232 15
This story is about Kim Taeyeon and her colleague which are Kwon Yuri, Jessica Jung, Tiffany Hwang, Choi Sooyoung and Sunny Lee. Taeyeon attend one o...