The Arranged Bride

By M__Mukhopadhyay

"I said you won't be working anymore." She smirked, "Watch me." Saying that she turned and I watched her ti... More

Chapter- 01
Chapter - 02
Chapter - 03
Chapter - 04
Chapter - 05
Characters
Chapter - 06
Chapter - 07
Chapter - 08
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
NOTE
ANNOUNCEMENT!!
ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Chapter - 09

141K 5.6K 1.4K
By M__Mukhopadhyay

Hey lovely readers!

Before you read this chapter I have something to say. I have been getting comments and messages saying how loveless the wedding is, how the readers don't feel it, etc.

Let's be real! It isn't absolutely necessary that at the very first touch, the leads have to feel that 440 volt current pass through them or that from a ritualistic kiss the sparks have to fly everywhere and burn the house down!

Love can develop over time.
It's okay that Nick wasn't comfortable and the kiss wasn't mind-blowing, toe-curling and all that. Please give it some time and see how things go.

Okay that was it. Please go ahead and read the chapter. Happy reading ❤️

Nick's POV

" Finally my Nicky is getting married. I am so happy." Caleb fake wiped a tear .

" How many times did I tell you not to call me that ?"

He made a thinking expression.
"Probably a lot of times, but I don't think I care . " He ended with a grin.

I rolled my eyes at him.

Everyone was so happy. Mom and Dad were excited to get a 'daughter', Erica was happy to get a 'sister' . Ethan seemed happy too . And the happiest of them all was me .
Note the sarcasm.

Since morning I have been in my worst mood. I feel like I am getting caged but I'm sure as hell that I won't be changing my lifestyle for that gold digger.

The music started playing and everyone turned towards the door expectantly and then....

She entered.

It was so enchanting to look at her in the white dress. The veil was preventing me from having a clear view of her face. She looked up once at me and on seeing everyone's eyes at her, she quickly looked down. Holding her father's arm in a tight grip she made her way to the alter.

I took her hand in mine and she stood in front of me.

It was then that I was able to properly see her face . There was a neutral makeup on her face. I could see her beautiful grey eyes whenever she would look at me only to avert her gaze. Her lips seemed perfect to be kissed.

Really? What am I thinking?

That she is beautiful and perfect.

No she isn't. Just a bloody oppurtunist.

I stared at her without looking away , I could feel that she was uncomfortable under my stare as she was shifting uncomfortably.

We exchanged rings.

"Do you Mr. Nicholas Daniel Carter take Ms. Sophia Avery Jones as your legally wedded wife to have and to hold, from this day forward , for better, for worse, for richer , for poorer, in sickness and in health , to love and to cherish , till death do you apart?"

"I do ." I sighed and said with a straight face and she again looked down.

"Do you Ms. Sophia Avery Jones take Mr. Nicholas Daniel Carter as your legally wedded husband to have and to hold , from this day forward, for better, for worse , for riche, for poorer , in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you apart?"

"I do " , she took a deep breath.

" By the power vested in me I now pronounce you as husband and wife.
You may kiss the bride."

I clenched my jaw and moved forward to lift her veil. She looked really nervous as I leaned forward. I lightly pecked her lips and stepped back .
People clapped and cheered loudly while I looked away frustrated of everything.

Everyone started congratulating us. I looked at Sophia to see her hugging Ryan tightly. They seemed pretty close and I was quite annoyed at her . How could she act so close to another man when she was already married to me?

" What do I smell here .... Jealousy?" Erika wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I rolled my eyes at her and walked away.
Finally we settled in our car to head to the reception hall. I did not initiate any conversation . She didn't either..

I looked out of the car window.

...... Married.

As soon as we reached our destination , I saw the paparazzi rushing here.

Chris and Leo stood in a protective trance in front of my car. I opened the door and went to Sophia's side to help her out. Taking her hand in mine , I walked towards the entrance. After getting at an appropriate position we stopped to pose for a few pictures and I answered some of their questions.

We walked in . She was extremely quiet and reserved. I didn't see her like this before but maybe she isn't comfortable around me.
She shouldn't be and I wasn't going to make it any easier.

We had our first dance as a couple. I kept staring at her now and then .

We then cut the cake before it was served.

With each passing second I was getting more and more irritated and finally it was time for us to leave.
Sophia hugged everyone with teary eyes.
All these things were totally boring me .

After a great deal of time she was done and we went inside the car.

" My house ." , I ordered Benjamin, my driver as we settled in.

Enough of this good guy facade. Now she was going to see the harsh reality. A rich wedding , expensive clothes , a rich husband , this is what she wanted. I will see to it.

Sophia's POV

" My house." , He told the driver in a rude tone which I didn't like.

We drove in a deafening silence. Soon the car parked in front of a white building. I thanked the driver and smiled at him. He looked too stunned to respond.

He called this a house !? This was a huge freaking mansion. I was staring at it when I heard him.

" If you're done staring, feel free to come inside." He walked past me into his house.

Rude much ?

I walked in and saw maids rushing towards him. They greeted him and he gave a curt nod.

Ethan was staying at Mama's house . So it was only him .

He walked upstairs and I followed him. Opening the door he walked inside what seemed to be his room , well ours now !

"Sir , we have got Mrs. Carter's luggage." A maid said.

"Keep it and leave." He instructed. thanked her while she bowed a little.

Everything in the room was of only two colours- black and grey. It looked very masculine . I was looking at the paintings on a wall when he spoke .

"We can't sleep together." I didn't like his tone at all. I felt a sudden irritation spark inside me. He said it like I was so excited to sleep with him on the bed as of now.

"Where should I sleep?" His shoulders moved up and down in a shrug.

"I don't know." I let out a humorless chuckle.

"You're kidding, right?" I crossed my arms against my chest, waiting for him to respond.

"Nick?" That's when he spared me his attention.

"Take the couch or something." He said looking totally nonchalant.

"How gentlemanly of you!" He looked unfazed by my mock praise.

"You're welcome." He coldly said.

"Jerk!" I muttered under my breath.

"Come again." He glared at me while I only rolled my eyes at him. As if I was afraid of him!

Considering it to be the end of discussion ,I took my shorts and an oversized tee from the suitcase and walked into the washroom .
It was then I closed my eyes and let a lone tear cascade down my cheek. I felt a bit overwhelmed by everything.

I wiped my tears , washed my face and promised to myself to be strong.
After changing I came back to the room.
Without sparing him even a glance, I laid down on the couch.

I guess this was my life now.

I was extremely exhausted , thus the couch wasn't too much of a bother to my sleep.

"Goodnight.." I whispered to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 183K 78
~◆~ "We have no other choice than to marry you off to Mr. Knight's grandson, Jacob." I looked up at my parents in shock "What! you guys are joking ri...
3.2M 97.1K 50
Copyrights © 2014 by itslovely23 All rights reserved Andrew Henderson is ready to take the next step in the industry. He's about to make a deal with...
342K 10.6K 61
Silent, unforgiving and strikingly gorgeous, Rylan Parker is a cold-hearted businessman. An intimidating CEO, perfectly fitted in tailored suits and...
2.2M 89.8K 52
"Get the hell out of my room", he shouted as soon as I entered his room. Is he for real? How can he be this peaceful when I'm not able to sleep a win...