I'll ride this storm with you

By peculiarskye

A horrible accident leaves Kakashi with no memories of the past year, including his relationship with a certa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Hang up
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Fin

254 10 24
By peculiarskye

The night had been fun, something that they spent with their long-time friends and Kakashi's students. Kurenai, Gai and Tsunade made true to their word of only inviting their closest friends but they went a bit overboard with the preparation, however, for they rented out the whole place for the rest of the night. Drinks flowed freely, food was served continuously and Tsunade had generously offered to pay for the bill as a wedding gift to the newly weds.

Genma, Raido and Aoba playfully teased the couple and tried to get more food and drinks to their table. His trio of students, together with Hinata, congratulated him cordially, although Naruto was a little bit sulky because he wasn't with them in the actual ceremony. Kakashi placated him with a promise of ramen soon. Tenzo and Sai, who were released from the hospital yesterday, gave them their congratulations, as well, and Sai even gave them a portrait that he drew. It was of the two of them, standing side by side, their hands clasped together and Shizune lightly blushing cheeks and joyful smile was portrayed perfectly in Sai's drawing.

Kakashi and Shizune almost got no chance to sit down, trying to attend to their guests' need and keeping up with their antics, having to stop Tsunade from overdrinking and attempting to stop Gai from having a competition with every guest.

It was past midnight when they got back to her apartment, utterly exhausted but brimming with happiness. They just got married and they got to celebrate their special day with their friends and family. The day just couldn't get better.

Kakashi spoke as he locked the door behind them, "Hey, Shizune."

She turned to face him, "Hmm?"

He put one hand on the side of her face and the other grasped her upper arm. Kakashi delighted at the sight of redness that crept up her neck, "I have a news to tell you."

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What is it?"

Kakashi grinned behind his mask, "We're having a vacation," he said, going straight to the point.

She blinked, "Wha-?"

His grin widened and he shrugged, "I asked Shikamaru to fill in for us next week and he agreed. We can have a proper honeymoon wherever you want."

Her mouth fell open, "B-but! But what about work?! I know Shikamaru is smart and reliable but we can't just leave him alone to do the work."

Kakashi pulled his mask down to show her a reassuring smile, "I know that but I already took care of it. I have Tsunade-sama and Naruto to help him."

"Huh?"

He ran his hand up and down her arm, "I mean, Naruto is my successor anyway. While we're gone, Tsunade-sama will act as the Hokage on my stead and she'll have Naruto with her to help and to teach him the how-to and the responsibility of a Hokage. That way, he'll learn the basics of being a Hokage. And don't worry about it. I already talked to them before Tsunade-sama got drunk and they both agreed."

A smile started to grow on her lips, which then turned into a full-blown grin and she squealed happily, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Thank you, Kakashi!" she exclaimed as his arms wrapped around her waist. He chuckled and pulled her away at arms' length.

"We both need the little break, Shizune. We deserve it. And, besides, I'd like to get away for our honeymoon," he replied and leaned down to kiss her. God, he can't get enough of this woman.

Their kisses turned passionate and their hands began to roam their bodies. When Kakashi pulled away, he whispered against her lips.

"Let's go, Mrs. Hatake Shizune. Bedroom's calling."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Epilogue

10 years later

Kakashi glanced around the rooftop, foot tapping impatiently. The next Hokage has yet to show himself and they're getting behind the schedule.

"Can't wait to pass the title?" a lilting voice beside him teased.

He turned to face his wife, a smirk behind his mask, "You know I do. I'm so done with the paper works and you know that."

She giggled and a small voice chimed in, "What's so funny, mama?"

Another one answered, "You are because you're being clumsy!"

Shizune sighed and faced the two, "Boys, behave," she scolded.

The two little boys glared at each for a moment before bowing their heads in embarrassment, "Sorry, mama, sorry papa."

A year into their marriage, Kakashi and Shizune had been blessed by twin boys, which they promptly named Sakumo and Dan. As the years go by, more and more differences were being discovered between the two boys. Dan, who had his mother's hair color, face and eye shape, was more of a cheerful type. He always had a smile on his little face, always greets people politely and had expressed his desire of being a part of the shinobi. Sakumo was a mix of his parents when it comes to looks. He had his father's silver hair and jaw, while he got his nose, eye and lip shape from his mother. Sakumo is a quiet kid, fascinated with books and had voiced his interest in being a medical ninja, when the boys had once accompanied their mother in her work at the hospital.

The twins then moved to stand beside her and Kakashi crouched down to their eye-level, "Boys," he reproached gently, "Today is a special day for your uncle Naruto. Try to keep your bicker among yourselves and behave with your mother, okay?"

They both nodded, "Yes, papa."

Kakashi stood up straight and voiced his irritation again, "Now, where is he?"

"Hokage-sama," a voice spoke. He turned to face Shikamaru.

"Shikamaru, where is Naruto?" the Rokudaime asked.

Shizune watched as the two males discussed something amongst themselves. Beside her, the little boys were watching the scene with wide, innocent eyes.

"Mama," Dan asked, his head tilted up to look at her. Sakumo was also looking up at her, obviously intrigued, "What's going on? What's taking Uncle Naruto so long?"

She smiled gently at her children and gave their heads a pat, "I don't know," she confessed, "But I'm sure he'll be here soon."

"Uncle Naruto!" Dan exclaimed, looking to their left. Shizune turned and, indeed, Naruto is there, talking to her husband and Shikamaru. Naruto, however, was alone, his family nowhere to be found and he was sweating profusely, as he listened to what Kakashi and Shikamaru was telling him. Her eyebrows scrunched his confusion. Why does he look anxious? But Shizune brushed it off as his nerves.

Her husband began to walk forward to face the crowd of people gathered below the Hokage Tower. When he passed her, he lightly grasped her hand, their fingers brushing against each other and she had to smile. Her husband, though he doesn't show emotions that much, is quite affectionate.

He began to speak to the crowd and she quickly took out the camera from her bag snapped a picture of his back. When he finally called Naruto over and the newly named Hokage waved at the citizens of Konohagakure, she took another photo.

She liked taking these pictures. Their house is littered by probably a thousand pictures by now but Kakashi and Shizune liked these pictures. As they both promised before their marriage, they would create more memories and take more pictures to keep as a memento of all the things that they shared. It will serve as a reminder of their love, of the little family that they both promised to protect.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Long ass A/N: omFG I MANAGED TO FINISH MY FIRST EVER SHORT NOVEL AAAAAHHHHHHH. OMG THIS IS A FEAT FOR ME BECAUSE, FOR ALL YEARS THAT I HAVE BEEN WRITING, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I FINISHED A WORK.

A huge thank you to everyone who stuck with this little project that i did. you guys are the best! your comments and votes really gave me the motivation to continue and to try my best with this short novel.

and a special thank you to my friend kadonn. amigo mío, muchas gracias por todas las amables palabras que me ha dicho. Eres un ser dulce y precioso y estoy eternamente agradecido por cada pequeña cosa que me has dicho. ¡gracias por todo! y el regalo de kakashizu que me diste se guardará para siempre en mi teléfono :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 1.4K 24
Naruto comes home to find his wife Hinata cheating on him, he runs back to his office, trying to find the one person he knows will make him feel bett...
251K 6.4K 67
Unexpectedly for Sakura, she finds out that Sasuke return the same feelings for her. Yet Naruto is still in love with her. But a certain event change...
68.8K 3.2K 67
Kakashi wakes up in the high-security wing of Konoha's hospital. He seems to have been severely wounded, his chakra is almost depleted and... he has...
116K 3.2K 22
He remembers everything but she remembers nothing.