always | sakuatsu

Av kxyxxmx

i noticed the lack of sakuatsu fanfictions here in the internet and since sakuatsu is one of my favorite ship... Mer

medicine
medicine ii
bukang liwayway
tinatangi
tinatangi ii
tinatangi iii
demons
demons ii

how sakusa met atsumu

7K 172 786
Av kxyxxmx

↬ in this au, sakusa and atsumu dont know each other personally. and sakusa's not much of a germaphobe since he started taking therapy to fix it.

-

Atsumu was feeling down since the last two weeks. There were just one of those days where he would feel sad, insecure and would avoid human interaction without any proper reason which would annoy his brother, Osamu, but he would just let his brother sulk at the end because he knows how to respect his own brother's feeling.

"Tsumu, get up." Osamu said, softly nudging his brother who is now still under his blanket.

"Leave me alone." replied Atsumu, still not bothering to uncover himself from his sheets.

"Ya know that I would just let ya rot here in yer room but we have a practice match today, thank you very much." Osamu said, coating his last sentence with complete sarcasm. He would gladly let his own brother sulk 'til he won't feel sad anymore but not today because their captain, Kita-san, want Atsumu to play today.

"Mhhmm, don't care. Let someone play my role for today. I'm just not feeling it for today." Atsumu said, completely shrugging off what his own brother said.

Atsumu's reply made Osamu shocked and a bit worried because this is not how Atsumu is. His brother's love for volleyball is so big that he even decided to play pro someday, that's why Osamu doesn't understand why his twin said that he wasn't feeling it today and just let someone take his role for today. That's not the Atsumu does he know.

Osamu took a sit at the end of Atsumu's bed and gave him a soft pat on his left calf.

"Are you okay?" Osamu asked silently, completely worried about his twin.

"No, Samu. I feel like shit the other day and today, and maybe I would even feel like shit tomorrow and the day after." Atsumu answered softly but the impact of his words were strong.

Osamu let a gentle smile escaped his lips while looking at Atsumu who is still wrapped under his blanket.

"I wouldn't force you to play right now if you feel like that today and I know Kita-san and the others too." Osamu let out a deep sigh. "But can you at least show yourself to Coach and the team? You've been skipping practice and when you ran into them at school you just avoid them like as if they are air."

Because of what Osamu said, Atsumu slowly uncovers himself before sitting up on his own bed, leaning his back to the cold wall behind him.

"The way I'm avoiding them sounds awful." Atsumu makes a face of disgust which made Osamu laughed a little because of his brother's reaction.

"But alright.. " Atsumu said, which almost sounds like a whisper to Osamu because of how quiet it came out of his mouth. "I'll show myself to the team but I'm not playing for the practice match." Atsumu said the last part with firmness.

Osamu rolled his eyes out jokingly at his brother. "It's not like I can force you to do something out of your will." He scoffed.

"Excuse you? You literally had me dyed my hair to the ugliest shade of yellow just because I lost to our li'l bet!" Atsumu said begrudgingly. "My hair looks like piss and it's all thanks to you." Atsumu said with every sarcasm left in his body before standing up to get a towel.

"You're welcome, by the way!" That was the last thing he heard from Osamu before shutting down the door to his room to go to the bathroom at the end of the hall.

-

Sakusa Kiyoomi was feeling bored like always. He was at Hyogo prefecture, at the Inarizaki High School to be exact. His school, Itachiyama Institute has a practice match for today with Inarizaki High School. They literally travelled for hours just to have a practice match with people who live far away so he's expecting that they better be good challengers.

"Come on, Kiyoomi! They're already waiting for us!" Motoya said, gesturing him to walk more faster before turning his back on him to get off the bus.

He just sent burning gazes to Motoya's back before following him out off the bus. As he got off the bus, a soft slap on the face by the wind greeted him.

He just let out a soft hum before walking behind Motoya towards Inarizaki's volleyball gym. They were greeted with balls flying in the air and people stretching out their limbs.

Kiyoomi grimaced when he saw that he was being surrounded by a large group of people. He hated large crowds and he will always hate it with burning passion because that's where germs spread first.

Motoya gestured Kiyoomi to follow him and he obliged without any hesitation.

-

"Goddammit Atsumu! Why do you take long showers?!" Osamu said, completely frustrated with them almost running out of time before their practice match starts.

Atsumu hummed. "You're the one who wanted me to come with you, so suck it up dear brother."

"Shut yer trap!" Osamu shouted at him as he ran fast towards the gym.

Atsumu just laughed at him, completely finding it hilarious at how pathetic his twin look right now.

Osamu opened the door to the gym and they saw that the two teams were still stretching.

"Well, well, too bad ya aren't late Samu." Atsumu said, shaking his head while his arms crossed on his chest.

Osamu gave him a light smack on his head. "Shut yer trap!"

"Osamu, thought you aren't going to show up." They both flinched because they know exactly who knows who owns that voice.

"K-Kita-san!" said Osamu.

Atsumu quickly concealed himself on Osamu's back. He doesn't know how to face them right now, not after how he treated him as air.

"And Atsumu," he slowly took a peek behind Samu's back and quickly met Kita's sharp eyes.

"Y-yes, Kita-san?" He was scared. Kita Shinsuke was someone who you should fear. He was cold as ice and so straightforward that he could even break your spirit if he wanted to.

"Aren't ya gonna play?" Their captain's eyebrow raised while taking a glance at what he was currently wearing. He was wearing a hoodie partnered with some shorts and converse shoes.

"I.. I'm really not doing fine right now, Kita-san." Atsumu rubbed his nape as he met their captain's eyes. "So maybe if I can sit this one out that'll be great.. I think? And Samu said I should at least show myself to the team since I've been skipping practice and have been avoiding y'all." His head hang low because of what he said. "I'm s-sorry if I have been skipping practice and been avoiding y'all. I just really felt terrible these past few weeks and it feels like I'm going to-"

Before he could even finished his rambling, he felt a hand gently squeezed his shoulder. He shot a look at the person who's holding him right now, it was their captain, Kita-san, and he was giving Atsumu a soft small smile. It was like as if the smile was enough to reassure Atsumu that everything's going to be okay.

"It's fine, Atsumu. Osamu told us that you've been experiencing more meltdowns and breakdowns right now. Your feelings are valid, we just wanted to check up on you but you always ignore us whenever we approach you." Kita chuckled.

Atsumu reddened, he quickly avoided their captain's gaze feeling a bit embarassed by his action. "I-I'm so-"

Before we could even apologize for his actions, Kita cut him off. "Osamu also said that you always ignore other people because you don't want them to be bother by your burden."

What Kita did next shocked Atsumu to the core. Kita pulled him in a hug, wrapping his arms around Atsumu's shoulder while Atsumu just stand there, completely frozen. "There, there." Kita softly stroked his hair. "I don't know what's going on your mind right now but please do know that it never hurts to ask help from other people when you can't handle the pain anymore."

Atsumu started to get teary-eyed. He closed his eyes when he felt his tears about to come out from his eyes. A hug was just what he needed to completely reassure him that there's someone who's willing to help him and wait for him until he gets off with this misery he's experiencing.

"Thank you.. " He rested his forehead on Kita's shoulder as the latter kept on giving soft strokes on his hair. ".. Kita-san."

Kita gently pushed Atsumu away while both of his hands were still on Atsumu's shoulders. He was a bit surprised when he saw that tears were rolling on Atsumu's cheeks but said nothing and instead ruffled with his hair.

"You crying?" Osamu asked in a playful tone. "Never thought I'd live to see the day where my twin would cry in public." He added.

Atsumu pouted as he wiped his tear-stained cheeks. "S.. stop being an ass." He said silently with quivering voice. It was obvious that he still hasn't regained his composure.

Osamu just laughed at him before throwing his arm on Atsumu's shoulder. "Ya should just sit near coach at the benches. And while you're at it, analyze the game 'kay?" Osamu winked at him.

Atsumu just stayed silent and gave him a nod, still wiping the tears that are threatening to roll on his cheeks again.

-

"Hey, isn't that Inarizaki's setter?" Sakusa felt Komori's presence right behind him after he finished giving his wrists their stretches.

"Oh yeah, is he fine?" Their captain appeared next to Komori as they bith watched Inarizaki's setter.

Sakusa followed their gazes and saw a blonde boy crying on their captain's shoulder. What a crybaby, he thought to himself. Is he getting cold feet because we're gonna play against them? He added to his chain of thoughts.

"Well, looks like he isn't going to play. That's good since I heard that he's a dual wielder." Iizuna commented, still looking at the blonde boy.

Sakusa shot a confuse look to their captain. "Dual... wielder? What do you mean by that?"

"He mastered both spike serve and jump floater, not to mention he is also an amazing setter. This gives us an advantage to win this match." That was the last thing their captain said before turning his back on the two to walk towards their captain.

I don't like this.. I want to play against him. I want to play against a stronger opponent.

Sakusa searched for the blonde boy and saw that he was talking to their coach. He threw the boy one last glance before finally walking towards their captain.

-

Itachiyama won the first set with Inarizaki behind them with 23 points. Itachiyama were close to losing the first set if not for the small mistakes that the other team keep making. Sakusa has to give it to them, they are worthy opponents.

Sakusa was seated at the bench, drinking his water. It's only the first set yet he already feels like his stamina is running out, maybe it's because of the long rallies that both teams had.

Inarizaki's assistant coach who is the referee for this match blew the whistle, signalling for the start of the second set.

He heard their captain clapped his hands. "Alright, let's finish this off with 2-0!"

His teammates agreed and they started walking towards the court and getting into position. It was their team's turn to serve the ball and Sakusa's positions was upfront and he swear the looks that their opponents are giving to him right now are so intimidating but as if he could let anyone intimidate him so as usual, he wore his uninterested face and just waited for the referee to whistle.

As soon as the whistle was made, Sakusa got into position to block the upcoming spike that is about to land on their side of the court.

"Ojiro-san!" yelled by the setter of the other team.

The one who he called Ojiro-san quickly ran to gain momentum and jumped to spike the ball.

"Left! Left!"

Sakusa quickly reacted and so as his teammates who were upfront. They jumped in unison to block the ball in hopes of Ojiro Aran spiking a line-shot but instead they got a powerful cross-shot.

The loud thump of the ball can be heard and the squeaking sound of the shoes landing on the floor. Sakusa just stayed silent, biting his own lips and enclosing his fist. It hurts.

-

The Inarizaki team yelled because they finally got a score while Atsumu just stayed silent, observing one player from the opposing team who blocked Aran's powerful spike.

"Hey coach.. " Atsumu said, not taking his eyes off that particular spiker.

"Yes, Atsumu?" Their coach answered, completely all smiles because of that one point that they got.

"I think #10 jammed his finger."

Atsumu's eyes never left their #10 who was now being surrounded by two people who, Atsumu thinks, is currently asking if he's fine.

"Oh? Why don't you lead them towards the nurse's office." Atsumu watched as their #10 is being escorted towards the bench. The game continued with their #10 being substitute with another player. "It seems like they weren't expecting an incident to happen in this match."

"Okay." Atsumu stood up and put both of his hands in the pocket of his hoodie.

He started walking towards the opposing team's side of the court.

"Excuse me?" Atsumu said to get the other team's coach, who is now comforting their #10, his attention.

"Ah, yes? How can I help you?" Their coach gave him a small smile.

"Uh.. " Atsumu rubbed the back of his neck. "Coach sent me to lead y'all towards the nurse's office."

Atsumu glanced at the player and when he saw that he was looking at him he offered him a smile but then their #10 avoided his eyes. Atsumu pouted.

"Oh my, thank you! But I can't leave my players here without supervision."

Atsumu rubbed the back of his neck, completely considering himself very stupid by what he's going to do next.

"Uh, if you want I can lend you help? I can accompany yer player towards the nurse's office and keep him company 'til the nurse will finish tidying him up."

The coach stopped doing what he was doing and shot Atsumu a look. "Oh that'll be great help! If you could please!"

Atsumu smiled. "Sure." He glanced at their #10 who was staring at him, like as if he was judging his soul. "Come on, pretty boy. Yer finger wouldn't be fixed with ya just sitting pretty there."

He noticed their #10's ear turning red and that's when he realized what he just said. Atsumu's face also turned red, he avoided the other boy's gaze and mentally slap himself for embarrassing his own self in front of other people. "Oh, uh, c-come on."

Atsumu started walking towards the gym's door and when he saw that #10 was following him, he continued walking.

-

Sakusa still feels flustered after the blonde boy who's walking before him called him. He gets compliments now and then but he still gets flustered when people says it out of the blue.

The blonde boy suddenly stopped in his tracks and glanced at Sakusa through his shoulders.

"Ya should keep yer jammed finger elevated above chest level."

Sakusa looks at him confusingly. Atsumu just sighed before walking towards him which made Sakusa take a step back. He hated other people near him, it freaks him out.

"Stay still, will ya?" The blonde boy pouted and rolled his eyes at Sakusa.

Cute.

Wait, what? Why did Sakusa think of that?

"I won't bite ya, so please stop taking a step backwards."

Sakusa just shook his head and continued taking a step back while Atsumu also keep taking a step forward until Sakusa felt the cold wall on his back.

"Hey, tell me yer name." Sakusa just scrunched his eyebrows at this li'l blonde setter who won't let him get away.

"Kiyoomi.. " Sakusa answered in a small voice.

"Kiyoomi?" The blonde raised an eyebrow, like as if urging him to continue.

"Sakusa Kiyoomi."

"Oh.." The blonde took a step backward which made Sakusa relieved. Physical contact always freaks him out. Everything out of his bounds freaks him out because of the germs they bring.

"Oh!" He looked at the blonde who snapped a finger, who looks like he remembered something. "Yer the Sakusa Kiyoomi! Part of the top 3 spikers in Japan!"

Sakusa nodded, still confused by the blonde's actions.

"I'm sorry by the way I acted towards ya." The blonde chuckled nervously which made Sakusa even more confused. "Samu told me about this particular spiker who is a germaphobe. I'm sorry if I crossed the line! I didn't recognized you quickly, that's why."

Sakusa just nodded. "It's fine." He said in a small voice. "You didn't made me feel uncomfortable, you just freaked me out a little bit."

"Oh? Is that so? Well then I apologize if I freaked you out! I'm Miya Atsumu! Let's be friends." Atsumu gave Sakusa a smile which Sakusa thinks shone brighter than anything else.

Sakusa doesn't do friends since he hates being constantly surrounded by people but he thinks that Atsumu's an exception.

Sakusa gave Atsumu a small smile which made Atsumu's system crashed. He never knew that a person could look good with just letting out a small smile. "Yeah, let's be friends."

-

"Hey coach, where's Sakusa? He just dissapeared all of a sudden. Did he got his fingers all fixed up?" Iizuna asked after he drank his water.

"Ah, yes. A blonde boy from Inarizaki offered to accompany Sakusa when I told him I can't leave you all since it's just me who's here with you." Itachiyama's volleyball club advisor was unable to come since he has a conference to attend to and also the assistant coach since his wife is pregnant and is due to undergo labor this day or tomorrow.

"Oh, the setter?" Komori joined in.

The coach only smiled and hummed as an answer to Komori's question. Inarizaki won the second set which makes it 1-1 of total sets that each team had won. They were only left with one more set and even if it's a practice match, they can't afford to lose.

"Omi-kun, I told you to keep yer jammed fingers elevated above chest level! Why wouldn't ya listen to me?" A voice yelled.

They all looked at the door and saw a blonde boy scolding Sakusa which completely baffled the whole Itachiyama volleyball team.

"Atsu, I wouldn't die just because I didn't kept my fingers elevated above chest level." Sakusa rolled his eyes as they started walking towards the bench of Itachiyama slowly.

"Well damn, Omi-omi! If ya wanted to die, you could've just told me because I'd be more willing to plan your own murder for you." The blonde boy retorted with sarcasm.

"Please do, Atsu." Sakusa also replied with equal sarcasm.

"I will not hesitate to deck your neck right now!"

Sakusa laughed. Sakusa laughed which made the whole Itachiyama team stopped on their tracks and admire Sakusa's laugh. "I'm literally more taller than you."

"Yeah, by 5.4 centimeters! But it doesn't mean I can't deck you and choke you to death!"

"I'll let you choke me to death if you can reach my neck with those small arms of yours."

"For God's sake! I'm only 183 centimeters! I am not that small!" They all gasped when they saw the blonde boy threw a light punch at Sakusa's shoulder. Sakusa always go berserk even if someone just bumped into him by accident. They're all watching what Sakusa will do next but instead they got him laughing, again. And it's all because of Inarizaki's blonde setter.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Sakusa rolled his eyes at Atsumu while the latter just pouted as they approached Itachiyama's bench.

"Are you fine now, Sakusa?" Their coach asked.

Sakusa nodded. "Yes, coach. The swelling in my fingers had stop already. I think I can play on this set if I'd just tape my fingers toge-"

"No, ya aren't playing Omi-kun." All eyes were on Atsumu right now who's glaring at Sakusa intensely because of what he just said. "Ya need to rest yer fingers, okat? A li'l bit of rest wouldn't hurt you, right?"

"But the match-"

"This is a damn practice match, Omi. You winning or losing doesn't count because after all we don't get medals or trophies but instead learn from tbe opposing team on how to counter the attacks that they have on their sleeves and get used to their attacks." The blonde rolled his eyes on Sakusa who stayed just stayed silent, processing what the blonde said.

"You can't stop me. You are not my mom." Sakusa chose to break the silent with those words.

Atsumu just scoffed. "I ain't your mom but I am the one who fixed yer pretty li'l fingers! That makes me yer nurse so ya better listen to me or I will not hesitate to break all of your fingers."

After what the blonde said, Sakusa just stayed silent and sat at the bench.

"Okay." Sakusa answered which made them all shook. He would never follow orders from someone whom he just met! Hell, he never did follow orders if it didn't make sense.

"Good! Don't cha worry, Omi-omi! I'll keep ya company so ya wouldn't be bored while yer teammates play against mine." Atsumu smiled at him and winked.

Komori could swear that he saw a faint color of roses on his cheeks when the blonde winked at his cousin.

He grinned to himself. Looks like you found someone who could tame you and be with you, Kiyoomi.

- e n d -

↬ so uh, this turned out a bit longer than i expected :D i'm sorry because i didn't want to rush the plot for this oneshot like those other oneshots that i have read. this took me about 3 thousand words and i do not regret it. updates would be slower from now on since i just received another batch of my modules so pls do wait! i already have a plot for the next one-shot :D and if you like this one pls don't hesistate to vote for this chapter or leave comments. thank u! ♡

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
534K 11.5K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
178K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
129K 4.8K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...