The Selection A Daminette Sto...

By IdkehyIamhereee

"love-love is a gun that someone has at your heart with one bullet loaded in, and you're trusting them not to... More

INFOOOO
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
I-I've been tagged...
Im back :D
so life happened...
Chapter 6

Chapter 5

1.8K 81 50
By IdkehyIamhereee

Marinette's Pov:

I wonder if other girls are sad because of leaving their home, cast, and even maybe a lover like myself. No, I am sure everyone is happily celebrating that they get to be here while I just want to leave. I wanted the time to stop just so I could cry and mourn for all of the events that have happened to me in just a month. I then remember that everyone will expect me to be happily excited about being in the selection, so I made a deal for myself for this adventure I am going to be in. I won't think of his name, face, or any memory that includes him. This is going to be a new chapter in my life and he won't even have a chance to be in it, I'm going to close the chapter of my past where it was mainly focused on him and start a new one.

When a girl with golden blonde hair and blue eyes comes in smiling a dazzling straight pearl pair of white teeth. As she gets all the way in. She sees me and a sigh of relief goes through her body. By her looks, she must be Chloe Bourgeois, cast 2 from New York. (You must be a Weasley *British Accent* I-... Rons my, husband :) )

"Oh! I thought I was going to be the first one! I'm Chloe Bourgeois! Chloe said as she shakes my hand and sits down on the couch in front of me. I smile at her. "Hi! I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng! I've been here for around half an hour." I told her as I went to organize my pencils and to close my book to talk to Chloe. I knew I would like Chloe when we started talking and how she was always excited but can be ignorant at some points but I knew we would become good friends, then after some time of talking Rose Lavillant, a small petite girl with long blonde hair comes in skipping. While giggling as she comes and sits on the couch right next to me.

"Hello! I'm Rose! I hope we could all be friends!" The petite girl giggled out with excitement filling her aroma. Chloe and I introduced ourselves and started to have another conversation about where we live and how it was until we waited for the last girl to come. Around an hour of waiting for the last girl, she finally decided to show herself. Not like Chloe or Rose, she wasn't smiling.

She just faced forward as she swayed her hips. Her long brown hair was parted in 3 parts two and was tied in the front. Making it look like sausages and, the rest of the hair was tied were her tips were.

As she walked, she was trying to intimidate us and it worked for a lady like Rose. But Chloe and I were prepared for girls like the one and only Lila Rossi Cast 2 and from California. Rose squeaked a nervous hello towards Lila while Chloe and I kept on the conversation we were having.

"When do we leave?" Lila asked as she checked her newly done orange acrylic nails.

"We don't know," I told her bluntly. "You've been holding up the show," I added with a hint of sarcasm in my voice as I turned around to intertwined my fingers staring at her. She didn't like my response and decided to brag a little bit while waiting for the captain.

The captain pauses for a moment staring at Lila as she flutters her eyelashes in a flirty way towards the captain. He then snaps back into reality, he then clears his throat. "I believe everyone is here?" he asks us as we nod. " That is perfect then! Come along and follow me, we could go on the plane towards your new home." He says as we follow him towards a huge white fancy-looking plane. We then boarded the plane. I sat next to Chloe while Rose sadly had to sit with Rossi. Lila started spinning lies about celebrities she has met too, Rose while Chloe and I chatted, ate, and watched movies.

Once we landed and the guards helped us down with some of our belongings. We then started walking in a straight line having Lila in front, then Rose, Chloe, and I last because why not! As we got out of the airport, there was a HUGE crowd cheering, screaming out names left and right. Everyone has signs with Lila's name to even mine! I then stopped a little girl that was holding a sign that read "CAST 6 ROCKS XD" (IDK WHAT TO PUT!!!) and was dancing while holding it. I stopped in front of her and squatted down to her level laughing, as she stopped and stared at me with her huge brown eyes in awww.

"Your Marinette?" The small girl asked me as she put her sign down. I giggle as I nod. "Yeah! And who might you be? Cutie," I ask her. She giggles in response, and she answers me, "I'm Xitlalli! I'm in ca-cast si-six! L-like you!" The small little girl lets out a giggle as she tells me who she is. "What a beautiful name you have! I hope to see you soon Xitlalli!" I told her as I kissed her forehead and got up and started patting the invisible dirt off my black jeans. She then starts laughing again and starts putting her sign up and cheering once again. "I hope you become our queen! Marinette!!" The little girl says and, some people cheer as in agreement.

With people around the little girl cheering and throwing roses at me made me feel warm inside but anxious because all these people are counting on me to be their next queen and they don't know a thing about me. I kept on walking, my head held high waving at everyone and catching some flowers towards me. A little boy even gave me a flower crown! I was giddy by the time I made it to the limo with everyone waiting for me. " You HAD to make a scene, didn't you?!" Lila accused me as I got inside the limo. I roll my eyes at her. " Yes, because I HAD to make a scene with Lila. *sigh* I'm sorry for wanting to meet the people that have faith in me and that I want to meet in person," I tell her as I make myself comfortable next to Chloe as we head towards our next destination that is the palace.

What felt like forever in the limo, we made it to the front of the palace, and it was HUGE! Everyone was escorted to different rooms to do a before and after picture. A lady in her early 20's then started making orders to some seamstress to collect girls and start working on their "transformation". I waited in line for we could take the before picture and after I finished taking the picture I sat down and waited for them to call my name. After ten minutes of sitting down, I hear my name. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng goes to slot 25!" The lady screamed as she started to call out other names. I got out of my chair and started walking around the crowded area looking for the number 25 on top and trying not to trip for the 10th time. Once I made it to my destination...slot 25. I go inside to be greeted by two girls and 2 boys. (They are inside a huge room that is separated into 36 parts if anyone is confused)

"Hi, Lady Marinette! We will be helping you get ready today! I'm Alix and these are Nathaniel, his boyfriend Marc, and Mylene!" Alix greeted me as the rest waved shyly towards me. Nathaniel had red hair while Marc had black and Mylene had dirty blonde hair with strands that are dyed blue, pink, and green, and last but not least Alix had pink hair.

They sat me down as Mylene did red acrylic nails on me, while she was doing my nails Alix was waxing every part of my body that had hair in it...that was a lot of parts....and it hurt like hell. When they finished doing my nails and waxing they started throwing clothes around mumbling to themself as they chose which dress to put on until they all stopped and stared at each other then they all turned and looked at me.

"Hi! Sorry about being weird but we forgot what type of style to do for you!" Mylene said as she turned better towards me.

"I believe that she goes with the soft girl aesthetic from way back...you guys remember the one we've been trying to achieve but haven't found the correct person to do it on??" Nathaniel said as he nudged Alix.

"I believe so too" Marc agreed with his boyfriend.

"Ok I see her being a soft girl from 2020 but let's ask her if she is down to do it," Alix told everyone.

"I've heard about the soft girl aesthetic but I really don't want to change myself completely if it's necessary for this "aesthetic" as you call it," I told them shyly as I looked down.

"PERFECT! This just ....you're perfect for this aesthetic!" Alix and Mylene turned away from me and told the rest "she's soft, caring, and just YESS!!!" Alix and Mylene screamed at the same time as they turned me around in circles.

"This won't change you a bit just a little bit of makeup, your hair will be wavy and down, we then have the perfect red dress to go with some cute round top red straps heels, and of course some accessories" Nathaniel muttered as he started pulling all the accessories out to start giving them towards Alix and Mylene.

As they all started to go back to work and chatted with me as they did my makeup naturally and started to curl my hair into waves. As we were chatting we heard a huge screech then after that sobbing. We stopped what we were doing and went to see what was going on. We poke our heads out of the slot and watch as Lila starts screaming at a girl that couldn't even be my age but like fifteen. Lila was screaming about how she couldn't do anything and other cruel words. She then huffs and goes back to her slot and lets the teen standing there crying. I walked up to the girl and slowly took her back to slot 25 to see if she was ok.

" Hey, it's OK now she isn't here to scream at you and call you those horrible names... you can stay here and help Alix, Marc, Mylene, and Nathaniel get me ready or you could just chill here," I spoke to her softly as we lead her inside to sit down.

"T-Thank y-you...I'm Manon b-by-t-the way.." She sniffled out as she sat down next to me.

"I'm Marinette and these are my friends," I told her as I sat down and everyone introduced themself to Manon. After the introductions, they went back to work. Manon then started to help out by putting on some cherry earrings as well as a choker and necklace that has some cherries on them. They twirled me around as they finished making sure I looked good.

"You look perfect! Like a true princess!! I can't wait to see everyone's reaction to your beauty!" Manon said as she giggles. I laugh as well while Alix and Mylene start fixing my dress and start putting on the heels that I thank for not being really high.

"You look great Lady Marinette like a natural beauty most definitely different from Queen Selina that has a little bit of a gothic, classic with a twist of sexy type of style during the selection," Nathaniel told me as he put some bobby pins on my hair for it could shape my head better. I laughed at his comments as he put the last bobby pin in my hair.

"aaaaaandddd FINISHED!!!" Alix said with joy as she spun me for the last time.

(clothes if I didn't give enough imagery of her clothing.)

"Your done Lady Mari now please be careful as we head out to take your picture we don't need you getting dirty now do we?" Mylene said as she loops my arm with hers and Alix does the same to my other hand and Manon walks in front of us in-between Marc and Nathaniel. We walk towards the section where they take the "after the transformation" pictures. We waited in line until I was called up. The photographer helped me up the stairs and positioned me on a good angle where the sun hit my skin in the correct spaces. The photograph took the picture from different angles until he said I was finished and they escorted me to a room where they will do a small interview about us.

I was escorted inside a room with white walls and lights everywhere with two couches. I sat down on one as I waited for someone to come in. I angled myself towards the camera but at the same time where I would be able to talk to the interviewer without looking rude. After a while of people coming in and out of the room a lady in her earlier thirties or late twenties comes in with a clipboard of information. She was tall and had red hair that is the same shade of red in a fire. She then sits down in front of me and starts to get comfortable. "Sorry for the wait! I'm Kor'i Grayson (or is it Kori or Kory or Ko'ri omg I'm not sure but please correct me if I am wrong) I'm going to do a small interview called "The Makeover Special" and we will be airing it about your arrival! The makeover is today AKA Wednesday and on Friday will be your very first Report. People only have seen a picture of you and only know very little information. So this is where the interview comes in play!" She informed me as she put some questions in front of her keyboard. After a cameraman started to focus and turn on the camera then warning us with his fingers when he started recording.

"So Marinette Dupain-Chen correct?" she said after a few seconds to see when the red light lit up.

"Yes," I responded, trying to force my nerves to go down as I smiled at her.

"I've got to be honest to you. It has seemed as if you haven't changed drastically like others but decided to keep it low and go with an innocent vibe. Can you please tell us what happened during your makeover today?"

I thought for a moment to collect my answer before speaking. "They put some extensions on my hair for it could reach my mid-back," I say as I touch my hair and how it feels much softer and longer due to the extensions and how soft it is due to the care of a professional. "They also scented me with a bakery scent and a little bit of vanilla...I smell like home in a way." I say as I sniff my hand in satisfaction.

She giggled a little " You look lovely as well I absolutely love your dress! Red is definitely your color!" She told me.

I laughed a little."Thank you! I never usually wear red but mostly pink but it did surprise me how good I look in red! I may as well add that you look lovely as well Mrs.Grayson" I responded looking at my new dress and towards her. She laughed "Thank you. Now it must not be comfortable wearing these clothes, is it? You are one of two Sixes here! How is the experience so far?" She asked me with pure curiosity in her voice and green eyes.

I look for an explicit answer to this question, from the disappointment to the comfort of Chloe, Manon, Alix, Mylene, Nathaniel, and Marc. "Surprising," I said.

She laughed at my blunt answer " Well you will most definitely be more surprised as these days pass." she answered back with a bit of sarcasm that made me laugh quietly.

"How about the competition? How are the other girls you have met today?" She asked me

"Everyone I have met has been nothing but kind! They are all sweethearts and I hope to befriend every one of them!" I said with an exception for Lila where I will have to keep an eye on for now.

Kor'i then nods asking the next question. " How do you feel about the way your makeover turned out?" I smiled as I look at my outfit "I feel like the staff that I had done an excellent job capturing how I am truly in this makeover *Giggle* they called me a "soft girl aesthetic" I'm not sure exactly the meaning of it but I love it." I told her truthfully.

"Are you worried about anyone else's looks?" She asked me. I sighed a little after responding.

"Personally I feel like I shouldn't worry about anyone else's looks because they are all beautiful in their own way and they're all pretty with and without a look. The staff has done an excellent job capturing their inner beauty and bringing it to life for the world to see." I say finishing off with a smile.

She smiled back. "Thank you for chatting with me Lady Marinette but that will have to be the end...It was nice knowing a little bit more of you!" She said smiling and standing up from her coach. I smile and stand up as well. " Thank you for having me! It was nice meeting you as well Mrs. Grayson!" I told her as I shook her hand. She laughed and brought me into a hug that surprised me but I hugged back. "You can call me Kor'i She whispered in my ear as she said her goodbyes and they escort me out of the room.

They escorted me to another room that was larger than the other room and it was filled with girls that were finished with everything. I sat down on the couch and started socializing with everyone as we waited for everyone to be finished. As I was chatting with two girls named Vanessa and Maria, Chloe came into view smiling as she came speed walking towards me and sat down next to me. I introduced her to Vanessa and Maria and she introduced herself back to them and then we continued to chat about our old lives. Then Tim comes in smiling at us and I swear I see some of the girls swoon. "Sorry for the wait ladies but I presume everyone is here so we will start our tour." He said.

"What we are in currently is the Women's room, you will be spending most of your time here so I hope you guys got comfortable while you were waiting. No men are allowed in here unless the queen permits them to come in. I personally will not be allowed in here and the only man that will be allowed in here is Alfre Pennyworth who you will meet tomorrow. He will also be teaching you guys for the rest of your stay about the royal history and how to act like one."

~~~~Skip to after tour because its too much~~~~

"What is off-limits is the third floor due to it being where the king, queen, and prince sleeps. And that would be the end of our small tour! Now we will be dropping you girls off to your dorms." He told us as we walked towards the second floor and as we dropped girls off one by one. I sighed in defeat. There are too many rules, too many structures, A little bit too many people here. I just wanted to go to a kitchen and bake some good food to try and feel more comfortable and safer here.

Once Tim dropped me off at my room I went inside right after saying thank you to him and waving goodbye towards Chloe that is thankfully next door to me. I went inside my room to be startled by three girls inside preparing some stuff. They all noticed me and smiled. "Hello, Lady Marinette! I am Barbara Gordon and they are Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cane! We are your maid so we will be here and helping you during your stay here at the palace!" Barbara said as she introduced herself and the others to me.

"Hi! I'm Marinette but please just call me Mari!" I told them because if they are going to be here most of the time let's not be formal because I hate being formal towards people I consider as friends. "I am going to start a bath for you Mari since I will believe you feel drained and nasty after today's events," Stephanie commented as she headed towards the restroom and you could hear the water begin to run. After finishing running the bath they helped me get off my clothes and makeup so I could go inside the bath. It was warm when I went inside and I immediately cooled off and felt relaxed. Cassandra or Cass as she likes to be called slowly washed my hair after many attempts of telling her I could do it myself I gave up and let her do it.

After the bath, they gave me soft pink silk pajamas and some fluffy white sandals, and a short ivory marabou fur edge robe. I combed my hair then after putting it into a messy bun and I was ready for bed.

(Clothes in case I didn't give enough information for you guys could imagine it.)

I walked outside startled to still see Cass, Barb, and Steph here. "What are you girls still doing here?! You have done enough for me to go ahead and go to your rooms and sleep!" I said as I looked at them in surprise. "But we are supposed to stay here if you require anything!" Bard told me. "Nonsense! You girls go ahead and go to sleep! I will be fine here all by myself. I am a big girl! Now you will come back here in the morning and see me in one full piece go along and get some sleep in!" I scolded but told them at the same time. "Ok but please if you need anything please ring the bell," Steph told me and I nodded in agreement then headed off towards their rooms looking tired. I sighed as well, tired and drained from today's fiasco, and decided to try and sleep. I laid down and tucked myself in and tried to doze off but couldn't if I tried I would just wake up the next hour.

I sighed in defeat, I put on my robe and my slippers off, and decided to get out of my room and look for the kitchen. Maybe just maybe I will be able to bake some cookies I could eat then sleep better. As I walk towards the kitchen I hear the chatter of securities that are in front of the kitchen and sighed in defeat but then I grin evilly maybe I could bribe them telling them if they allow me inside of the kitchen I allow them to have some of my famous cookies! I pray in hopes for this could work and walk in front of the officers waiting for the worse. Right, when they saw me the small talk they had stopped and they stared at me.

"What are you doing here so late? Miss..."

"Marinette" I respond

"Miss Marinette. You should be asleep right now." The boy that sounded so familiar told me.

"I-I know but I couldn't sleep and I was wondering if you let me in the kitchen I will be able to give you some of my famous cookies!" I told them in hopes they will agree. They silently looked at each other and back towards me and to each other again. 

"I-"

"What in the hell is going on here?!" A voice called from the back of us and we all froze. I silently turned around to be faced with the one and only Prince Damian.

And that's it folks that's the chapter! 

HAHAH JK I won't be mean...this time

"Cookies?" I squeaked out as a question more than an answer. He stared at me no more like glared at me and he then glared at the guards.

"Please tell my you imbeciles was not going to fall for Lady Marinette's bribe and actually let her in the kitchen for some cookies." Prince Damian said out loud towards the guards who in fact had a face of guilt giving Prince Damian his answer. He then turned and face me and looked me up and down as I do the same towards him with my eyebrow raised. 

"Why are you out so late Miss. Dupain-cheng you should be in bed right now." He told me.

"I needed some space to calm myself down so I decided to go inside the kitchen and make a batch of my famous cookies...would you like some Prince Damian?" I asked and responded to him as I try and bribe him as well with cookies. "I will leave immediately after making the cookies and you won't see me out of my room I promise! Please just let me bake these cookies!!" I begged him as I feel myself closing down once again. He then proceeds to watch me as I talked and he then sighed in defeat.

"I hope this will be the last time I see you out of curfew Miss. Dupain-Cheng." He told me slowly.

I squeal as I jump up and down and started dancing my way into the kitchen while Prince Damian and the two guards come in right behind me. As I enter the kitchen I was mind blown by how big and beautiful the kitchen was I laughed out loud as I hummed a tune as I started getting all the ingredients needed for the cookies. "Now what you boys are about to witness is the top secret of the Dupain-Cheng bakery and if I hear any of you tell anyone this I will have to kill you slowly and painfully...Are we clear?" I told them in a serious tone that the security guards actually fell for it while Prince Damian looked bored at the threat. I then smiled and clapped starting to get to work on these cookies. I hummed while I put the last batch of cookies in the oven. I then give the guards the batch of cookies that are cooled and are able to be eaten. They thanked me and went outside to guard as the Prince and I stayed inside waiting for the next batch.

"You're difficult to understand Miss. Dupain-cheng" The prince started.

"Marinette, please I hate formality. Now if I'm difficult to understand Prince Damian then you are impossible to understand yet figure out." I tell him as I take out the second batch of freshly baked cookies. I look up to see him staring at me with his deep forest green eyes that are at the moment calculating me as if I was the formula of the pie. 

"Why exactly are you here?" He asked me. "Meaning of why are you in the selection." He clarified.  I looked at him and then down to the cookies. "I-I'm running away from a heartbreak you can say," I told him truthfully. I hand him a glass of milk and I serve myself some as well.

"You have been in love?" He asked me with his tone still in a default tone not letting me see what he feels, and his face expressionless. I sighed in defeat again as I take a cookie. 

"Yeah..." I told him I wasn't even supposed to be telling him none of this but yet I feel like I could trust him.

What is love? In your opinion, because I definitely don't know the meaning and feeling of something that everyone wants to feel and experience. Why are you truly here?" asked me once again as he took a bite of his cookie staring straight at me. I stare right back at him trying to figure out a way to explain what I felt without exploding into a fit of emotions.

"love-love is a gun that someone has at your heart with one bullet loaded in, and you're trusting them not to shoot at any time or giving moment. It's a game of trusting blindly, and in my case, he shot...I trusted him and he decided to break my heart. That's why I'm here to see if I could find and feel loved and love once again."

4843 words... WOW WTF THAT'S LITERALLY MORE THAN 13 PAGESSSS!!!! AHHHHHHH I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AND HAVING THIS ALL IN CAPS. Now I hope you liked this chapter! I am going to try and finish up My first book! And then come and focus on this book mainly and maybe even add Daminette December. I hope you all are doing well! I also need girl names it could be your name just put a list of names I should put on as the contestants in the book! I love you guys sooooo much and miss you guys sooooo much! I hope to update sooner than later! I will be here if any of you guys have questions about this book or if something isn't right go ahead and comment! I love you guys have a nice day it is literally 1:05 am please go to sleep if you are reading this at this time! Stay safe I love you guys wear a mask for your safety and the safety of others and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

luv, 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.5K 1.8K 8
Previously this was in the one-shots. I didn't expect it to have multiple chapters, but people liked it and wanted more. I have added 4 bonus chapter...
38.8K 1.1K 56
in which marinette and chat noir spend all their free time together and realize they are in love. love, however, kinda sucks at times. they realize t...
113K 4K 57
Despite the fact that many things had changed in her class, Marinette was content-she wasn't happy, but she was not sad or negative towards what had...
23.3K 395 10
Marinette is done. She is exhausted, tired of lying to everyone, tired of feeling so alone. Tired of everything. And one day, after a particularly ba...