Shadow World ~Alec x Oc x Jac...

By YourWorstNightmareX9

You are a shadowhunter, though you don't know it yet. Your parents were very powerful shadowhunters, but they... More

Main Characters
Clary's Birthday
The Institution
The City Of Bones
Vamp Nest
A/N
Question
Stalkers?
Downworlder Rave
News
Attack
Meeting The Parents
Seelies
Werewolves
New Alpha
A/N
Unknown History

Hotel Dumort

11.1K 206 48
By YourWorstNightmareX9

3rd Pov back at the institute

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundanes?" Clary starts off with her rant. 

"Because we protect humans." Izzy replies, feeling guilty about the abduction of Simon and Alessia. 

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock." Clary says annoyed and worried. 

"Ok for one, there is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense. And two w-" Alec starts only to get cut off by Izzy. 

"Alec not now." 

"Why do you keep ignoring the fact that Alessia, your other best friend might I add, has been taken as well." Alec says ignoring his sister, far to annoyed at Clary who claims to be one of his mates best friends yet doesn't care that she's in danger. 

"She'll be fine I'm sure, but Simon won't be if we don't get to him now." Clary says without a care for her female friend.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it." Jace cuts in before Alec can say something else. 

"But Alessia-" Jace cuts off Alec.

"Will be fine. Not only does she have that bracelet, but did you see any fear or any negative emotions when she was with the male vamp?"

"No, I didn't." Alec's eyes go wide with this new realization. "Do you think that she knows him?" He questions.

"She doesn't matter right now!" Clary all but yells, making the others glare at her especially Alec and Jace. "You said that they think I have the cup.  Why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, 'Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone'. What am I supposed to do now?"

"We have to report this to the clave." Alec says ignoring his anger at the red head, for now that is. 

"Great." Jace says annoyed but not at Alec, at the situation he just wants his other mate to be there with him and Alec, and Alec knows this so he gives a small smile at Jace's apologetic one. 

"They have to know what we found out about Valentine." Alec says, getting back on topic.

"What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?" The others roll their eyes in annoyance at Clary, as they notice that yet again she doesn't mention the abducted brunette. 

"Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the cup." Jace speaks up. 

"Why? It makes new shadowhunters." Clary says, in a mater of fact tone of voice. 

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself." Alec explains.

"Plus, it controls demons." Izzy pipes in from her spot beside Alec and Jace. 

"They'll propose a trade. Simon and Alessia for the cup." Jace claims.

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup. Either way, I lose someone I love. What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?" Clary says as she begins pacing.

"So, this doesn't matter to you?" Alec says angry at her for not caring that his and Jace's mate is in danger, whether or not she knew that vamp who was holding her. 

"Yes, of course, it matters! Listen... when you saved my life... I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight." Alec rolls his eyes at this statement, not wanting to trust the annoying girl. 

"It's true. She was raised as a mundane." Izzy says.

"What are you, her spokesman now?" Alec questions his sister.

"I don't need a spokesman, I need a plan." Clary buts in.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alessia's Pov

While Raphael tells the woman to lock Simon in a room down the hall, he leads me into his bedroom. And gestures for me to sit on his bed, which I do, and he sits next to me. 

"What were you doing with those shadowhunters?" Raphael asks.

"Raph, I'm one of them. I'm a shadowhunter." Raph doesn't look to surprised, but I'd guess that he could probably smell it on me. 

"I see you finally found out. It was hard keeping it from you." He says with a smile, which I return. "Now I saw that those boys were very protective. What's that about hmm?"

"Um, I think that they're my mates?" I say unsure if I could explain it if he needs me to. "I don't know much about soulmates, but they explained it a little." 

"I'm happy for you Mi Reina, but if either one of them hurt you..." He trails off, "Well I think that you know what Magnus and I would do to them." He finishes with a mischievous grin. 

"Yeah, I know you guys are supper protective." I say with a laugh, "But I'm thankful to have you guys."

"We're glad that we have you as well my queen." We talk about anything and everything for the next fifteen minutes. "I need to go shut your friend up, he's giving me a headache." Raph says and rolls his eyes. 

"Can I go with you?" I really don't want to just sit here twiddling my thumbs. Plus I don't want to miss any drama that happens. 

"Well I wouldn't want to deprive you of my amazing company, so I guess you can come with if you want to." Raph replies cheekily. 

"Oh hush you!" I playfully punch him, he just laughs and I join in. 

We head out of his room, and walk down the hall where Simon was put. As we get closer I can hear his useless rambling and sounds of him hitting something. Like I love that guy he's one of my best friends, but these are vampires! They won't just let you go if you ask politely.

"Hello! Anyone? I'm just an accounting student. I have no value to anyone. And I barely saw your faces, so if you let me go, I couldn't even identify you. Not that I would, 'cause you guys are vampires! Who would believe me? I didn't even know you guys existed until yesterday! Is anyone there? Where did you take Alessia!? Is she ok? She wouldn't tell anyone about you either, I promise!" Aww, this might sound bad but I'm happy he's worrying about me, yeah that sounded bad. I'm just happy that he cares. 

Raphael speeds over to the door scaring Simon, which makes me let out a small giggle which he smiles at.

" If your goal was to scare the crap out of me, mission accomplished!" Simon exclaims as I make my way over to them as Raph and I walk into the room. 

"And as far as I'm concerned... you can have it out with those Shadowhunters. Especially, the blonde one." Simon continues to ramble, then notices me standing next to Raphael. "Alessia! Are you ok? Did any of the vampires try to eat you? Did they? What if they did! I-"

"Simon! I'm ok, no none of them hurt me or tried to eat me." I say giggling while making my way over to him, giving him a hug which he immediately accepts. 

I step back after a minute or so and walk back over to Raph, which makes Simon confused but he decides to get back on topic. 

" You know, you don't need me or Alessia."

"On the contrary, I do." Raphael growls and bares his fangs. 

~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Pov

"Uh, look at all this stuff, these screens. I mean, can any of this help me find Simon? Where is he, anyway? Some kind of crypt in Transylvania?" Clary begins, looking at the monitors trying to make sense of them. 

"Actually, no. That was Camille's outfit, right? They're locals." Jace corrects, happy to get everything moving along wanting to find his missing mate as soon as possible.

" They're at the Hotel Dumort, down in Gansevoort Street." Isabelle reveals. 

"And we came back here? Why? We have to go there. Let's go, now. Come on." Clary says wanting to get a move on. 

"We need a Clave resolution for that." Alec chimes in, and after seeing the look on Jace's face clarifies. "I'm just saying, you know that I would do anything for you or Alessia, same for Izzy." Alec tells Jace quietly,  Jace nods accepting that with a small smile telling him the same. 

"The four of us can't declare war on the vamps all by ourselves." Isabelle says continuing her brother's thought. 

"And we can't react without considering our options. Downworlders are slaves to their impulses. We're not." Alec says continuing his earlier thought.

"Alessia wouldn't be happy with you saying that. And Alec, you can't stomp on all the Downworlders." Isabelle says.

"Oh, that's right. Seelies have their charms, apparently." Alec smirks, not wanting to comment on the fact that Alessia would scold him. 

"Right?" Jace questions also smirking, Isabelle smiles at the both of them in return. 

"Seelies?" Clary asks confused. 

"Like faeries. The Fair Folk. Add pixies, nixies, elves... anybody half-angel, half-demon. It's pretty much a catch-all term." Jace explains.

"Izzy can tell you all about them. She's got a thing." Alec teases.

"We all got our things, don't we Alec? Jace?" Isabelle teases in return, making them both blush one being more obvious about it than the other. 

"Okay, I can't listen to this. Simon's been kidnapped by vampires. I guess I'll just take care of it myself." Clary stalks towards the exit. 

"Clary your going to get yourself killed." Isabelle call after her. "And Alessia." Clary still doesn't stop, making the boys glare at her and Izzy to scoff. "Clary. Simon to." That finally makes her stop, making the three even more annoyed

" Then help me. While we consider other options, my best friend is suffering. Is that something Shadowhunters understand or am I just being a mundane?" Clary complains. 

"Clary's right. They made the first move. We're gonna take care of this ourselves, right now." As if knowing what Alec and the others are thinking he adds, "I don't care what they do with Simon, but they took Alessia." Clary glares at the mention of her supposed best friend's name, while the boys both decide to deal with Clary's antics regarding their mate later, when she's safe. "Alec, listen to me, we don't know what they could be doing to her. They could be hurting her, we need to take care of this, now." Alec gives in at the mention of his female mate, giving Jace a nod showing that he's in. 

"This is a bad idea. I-" Isabelle starts, knowing that since Alec wasn't saying something she had to. She didn't want them to go do something without knowing what could happen when they return. 

(I know that I'm switching up some lines, bear with me)

"What, have you got a better one? Look, the vamps broke the Accords. They kidnapped a mundie. That's a big no-no. The Clave will give us a lecture and then they'll be glad we did it. Come on." Jace responds to Isabelle. 

"Ok fair point but, even if we went ahead, I don't see how we get out of here without having to explain where we're going. We need weapons, and we can't let anyone see us get them." Isabelle states.

"I know where to get what we need." Jace says as he smirks at the others. 

~~~~~~~~~

-Alessia's Pov-

Raphael pushes Simon into the living room as I follow behind him. 

"So how does this end? Do we, uh... do we get out of here or what?" Simon asks. 

"The answer to that is above my pay grade." Raphael replies, "But I can assure you that Mi Amore won't be harmed, you on the other hand..."

"Raph we both know that you don't get paid." I whisper to him quietly not letting Simon hear, while giving him an amused glance, to which he replies with a small grin. 

(I have no clue if he was actually joking or not, but let's assume he was)

"Paygrade? They... they pay vampires?" Simon questions.

"Let's just say we invest early and often." Raph replies as Simon takes a look around the room. 

"Ow!" Simon groans as he hits a statue, I slightly giggle before asking if he's ok, he nods at me signifying that he's fine. 

"Sit down." Simon ignores Raphael and continues to move around. "Why won't you sit? I really hate fidgeting."

"I'm just, uh... just looking." Simon defends.

"For a way out? Ooh. There isn't one." Raphael tells the teen. 

"Raph's right Simon, there isn't a way for you to get out not at the moment at least." I state as I see Simon STILL moving around.

"I mean, all the, uh... the cool stuff you guys collect. Steal." Simon imitates a horn with the vase that he just picked up. "It's-whatever"

"Leonidas the First has been trying to peddle that junk for years. Museums make you prove antiquities are legit these days." Raphael mentions.

I see Simon pause and look at a dagger, I silently snicker knowing what's going to happen. 

"Yeah Naturally."

"When they ask where you got it, what do you say? It's not against the law to rob my own grave."

Simon grabs the dagger and throws it at Raphael, it sinks into his chest. Raphael just chuckles and takes it out as Simon starts rambling. 

"Oh, my God."

"Oh, please. Honestly, I just got this jacket." Raphael sighs in annoyance, "There's no way out. You're a hostage, so accept it."

"I'm a hostage? That means you won't kill me, yeah? And what about Alessia? You won't kill her either, right?"

I see Camille walk in behind Simon, and sigh in annoyance. I've never liked her, but she sure likes me. She doesn't stop trying to get into my pants, like jeez can't she take a hint?

"Won't kill you? Who said that? Raphael. Oh, look. How sweet. You're bleeding." I hide behind Raphael not wanting Camille to see me, Raph silently laughs knowing what I'm doing. Camille touches the blood on Simon's forehead and licks her finger. "I am so looking forward to getting to know you. Oh, and you don't have to worry about little Alessia. We'd never hurt her." Camille says as I peek out behind Raphael, she gives me a suggestive look and I shiver in disgust. I don't have a problem with woman, just her. 

~~~~~~~~~

-Jace's Pov-

Alec, Izzy, Clary, and I arrive at the graveyard where the weapons are stashed. We got out of the van and start to make our way into the place. 

"Whose grave is it?" Alec questions.

"Mary Milligan, Born January 10th, 1802. Died January 10th, 1878." Izzy answers him before I can. 

"All right, Alec, let's go." I don't want to be partnered up with the bitchy red head, especially when I can partner up with one of my mates. 

"Wait, what are we looking for?" Clary asks. 

"Cache of weapons." Isabelle answers, as we get deeper into the cemetery. 

"Stashed here with Mrs. Milligan." I clarify. 

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?" Seriously how many questions is this lady going to ask?

"Because all of the ancient religious recognize demons. Or at least they used to." Izzy tells her. 

"They forgot about the threat because we've been here to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination." I see where Alec's coming from, I mean they just chalked up everything that happened to them as an overactive imagination. 

"Are you saying we did too good a job? You just can't let up, can you?" Izzy counters.

"You know what? Alec, let's go over there and check out by the angel." I say wanting to get away from the argument, I turn to Clary, "We couldn't gear up at the institute, but we know our ancestors left a cache around here someplace. We'll find it."

"I always wondered where my dad was buried. I used to wish he was alive. Be careful what you wish for." Clary voice gets quieter as Alec and I get farther and farther away. 

"This isn't your fault." Izzy comforts her, before her phone chimes. "Excellent. He's home. I'm outta here." She says as she starts to back away. 

"Wait, aren't you coming with us?" 

"Oh I wouldn't miss it for the world, but I gotta find out how to get into the vampires' lair." Izzy tells her. 

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." I say as Izzy walks away. 

"Jace, can I talk to you over here for a second?" Alec says a little distance away from me. 

"Yeah, one second." I say as I turn to instruct the red head. "Go look over there." She nods and walks to where I pointed, I turn around and walk to Alec, "What's up?"

"We're crossing a line into vamp territory."

"That's the point. Come on, Alec, cheer up. It's going to be fun."

"Damn it, Jace, just... think this through. There's a lot of them and only three and a half of us. And we both know what's at risk."

"I know that the odds aren't necessarily in our favor. But we don't know what state our Angel is in. We need to get her back as fast as possible."

"I know, and I want her back unharmed but what if we can't handle it and you or her get hurt?"

"We can handle it, and we'll all come out unharmed I promise you." I assure him before I pull him into a kiss, wanting to distract him from his worrying. He responds immediately.  

"Jace! Alec! I think I found it! Mary Milligan!" I groan as we pull away, Alec sighing in annoyance. 

"We'll finish this later." I tell him, making him blush slightly before we jog over to where Clary is. 

"Beloved servant? Who wants that on a headstone?" Clary questions, as we reach her. 

"Someone who is in service to a cause greater than themselves." Alec reply's as we stand over the stone coffin/tomb/headstone/box thing. 

(I have no idea what it's called)

"At least she is now." I take out my stele and look at the rune, "Abracadabra." 

"Wait, you people actually say that?" I roll my eyes in annoyance at Clary's clueless expression.

"No, Clary, we don't." I say annoyed.

I turn back to the rune, and draw it. Alec and I then remove the top and look inside, seeing swords, steles, and serif blades. 

"Wow. Where's Mrs. Milligan?" Clary says as she picks up a blade. 

"Don't touch that. You don't know how to use it." Alec snaps. 

"What, like at Pandemonium when I killed that demon?" Clary sasses. 

"You didn't kill them, all you did was hold the blade." I say, "But we'll show you how to use it. You'll need to know how where we're going. Alec do you see what you need in here?"

"No. There's no bow here. I need one. I have to rune some arrows. That's back at the Institute. I gotta go get them."

"How are you gonna get back inside?" I question.

"I'll go in the back. They won't bother me if I'm alone." He explains.

"Okay, I guess I'll finish up here." I hesitantly say, not wanting to be here alone with Clary. I can see how she looks at me. Alec and I walk a little ways away from Clary. "I'll see you at dawn, and don't worry we'll get our Angel back."

"At Dawn." He says before pulling me into a short kiss. We pull away and he starts walking back towards the Institute, as I walk back over to Clary. 

"Okay, let me show you how to use this thing." I say, wanting to get this over with. "It knows your a shadowhunter, so it wants to respond. But be firm with it, you have to let it know who's boss." I hand her the blade, moving my hand immediately when she try's to "accidently" touch mine. 

"How does it know?" She questions as she tries to hide her disappointment. 

"Because you're part angel. Like all shadowhunters." I explain. She goes through the motion, swiping it though the air. 

"Not even a little."

"You'll get there. It's not something you understand in your mind. It's something you know because it's pulsing through your body. It's in your blood." I explain, keeping it as short as I can. 

She does it again and actually gets it right this time. I congratulate her, and walk back towards the grave, she follows behind me. 

"How do you know they'll come back?"

"Who? Alec and Izzy?"

"Yeah."

"We were raised together. Izzy's practically my sister."

"And Alec?"

"He's my parabatai and one of my mates." I grow annoyed at her questioning my family's loyalty. 

"Alec doesn't like me does he? And what do you mean mates?"

"Alec doesn't like anybody except family." I say. "And you wouldn't understand."

"Why would he help me?" She ignores half of what I said. 

"Didn't you hear what I said? We're parabatai and mates." I say as I close the grave. "There's no human bond that compares to what Alec, Alessia, and I have. Not to mention that we're bound to each other as parabatai. Bound for life. Bound to fight together, to protect each other. In battle, our hearts beat as one. If one were to die... a part of the other would die as well. He'll be here. Are you ready?" I don't want to explain a mate to someone who doesn't have one, they can't come close to being able to understand. 

"I'm ready." I nod and we set off. 

---------------

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, I'll try to update again soon!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.5K 47
some memories never leave your bones. like salt in the sea; they become part of you - and you carry them. + + + In which a stoic shadowhunter, a dem...
35.5K 903 25
Hi! I took over this story from the user @traaassshhh because they will soon be deleting the original story. The story may change a bit because I onl...
49.4K 2.3K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...
57.7K 1K 79
[Alec Lightwood x OC] Aria Herondale, Jace's older sister he didn't remember he had. Separated from her brother at at a young age. Raised in secret...