We Weren't Acting

By LexiWexi18

Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expe... More

Copyright Disclaimer
Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Magic 8 Ball
Chapter 2 - The DM
Chapter 3 - Matching
Chapter 4 - Glam
Chapter 5 - Zoned Out
Chapter 6 - A blast
Chapter 7 - Supermodels
Chapter 8 - Truth Or Dare?
Chapter 9 - Pissed
Chapter 10 - Shit, I'm a mess
Chapter 11 - Jackpot
Chapter 12 - Attack
Chapter 13 - Chase
Chapter 14 - My Ass Is Numb
Chapter 15 - Boy
Chapter 16 - Sugar And Salt
Chapter 17 - Action
Chapter 18 - Sky & Oliver
Chapter 19 - What The Hell Is Wrong With Me?
Chapter 20 - Ten Kisses
Chapter 21 - Munchkin
Chapter 22 - The Article
Chapter 23 - Protective, but not possessive
Chapter 24 - AC
Chapter 25 - Diaper
Chapter 26 - Whatever Floats Your Boat
Chapter 27 - Impatient
Chapter 28 - Pothole
Chapter 29 - I Am The Boss Lady
Chapter 30 - She's My Butterfly
Chapter 32 - Nah, nope, ew, and yuck
Chapter 33 - Our hands fit like puzzle pieces
Chapter 34 - Nosy Karen
Chapter 35 - Listerine
Chapter 36 - You make me feel like I'm dreaming
Chapter 37 - A dreamless sleep
Chapter 38 - I don't know man, I'm not a dog
Chapter 39 - I'm not an easy girl
Chapter 40 - That's a wrap
Chapter 41 - Leaked
Chapter 42 - Fake
Chapter 43 - This is exactly what he wants
Chapter 44 - BLOOD IS RED, YOU'RE FRIEND WAS ALMOST DEAD
Chapter 45 - White Rose
Chapter 46 - My slob look?
Chapter 47 - Hearing aid
Chapter 48 - A Show is better with more than one person watching.
Chapter 49 - Behind the scenes
Chapter 50 - The devil's hand
Chapter 51 - My light
Chapter 52 - Husband material
Chapter 53 - Boys will be boys
Chapter 54 - Mini Chris
Chapter 55 - Perfectly imperfect
Chapter 56 - Scream it from the rooftops
Epilogue - The goodbye
Author's Note
My new book!

Chapter 31 - A superhero that was sadly taken down on a mission

112K 3.6K 2.8K
By LexiWexi18

Semi-edited

"Alway's," He whispers glancing at me with a longing look in his Chocolate eyes.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I ask.

Chris gives me a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"I started dating you're best friend when I had feelings for you," I state, disgusted with myself.

He laughs to himself and drags his hand through his hair, "I have to admit that was a shitty move on you're part, but I know why you did it so I forgive you" He mumbles looking down at his lap, "Even though it aggravates me that you're dating Dante."

Shit, I forgot to tell him that me and Dante are no longer together.

I need to tell him, now.

"I broke up with him today."

He whips his head so fast in my direction, I'm afraid he's gotten whiplash.

"You what!" He exclaims happily while smashing his hands down onto the steering wheel, and by accident honking the horn.

He's adorable, I wish I could take a picture of his smiling face.

His smile brightness up his whole face, his dimples are prominent on his clean-shaven olive skin tone, his gorgeous silky brown wavy hair, and plump rosy lips are to die for.

Chris is the most gorgeous guy I've ever laid my eyes on.

My mom always told me that when you first meet someone you only see their looks, but the longer you get to know them, the more their looks go away.

It doesn't matter if the guy is the hottest man in the world, if he's a jerk he's a jerk, that's all you're going to end up seeing.

The looks aren't going to matter anymore.

That's what happened to Dante.

He was hot, and I feel for his scam, like a fool he took me as.

But I'm not a fool, and I'll make sure everyone that crosses me knows that.

I can tell Christian isn't like that from the moment I met him, he's a genuine person, he's caring and loving.

That's hard to find nowadays.

"I mean I'm sorry about your breakup," He says with fake sadness and concern.

He's such a dork.

"Oh shut up," I say laughing and hitting his shoulder as it shakes due to his own laughter.

Once he controls his breathing he suddenly gets quiet and serious, "I'm not going to tell you I'm sorry, because I'm not."

"I know you aren't."

"Can you tell me why you were crying?" he suddenly asks.

No, I want to say out loud, because the last guy I told my story to, turned out to be a jerk.

"I've had a bad past with guys, so when I got touched on my shoulder unexpectedly it made my past flash before my eyes."

Chris is quite beside me as he gathers his thoughts, he suddenly goes tense as he turns his body towards me, "Has anyone hit you before?"

I nod my head looking ahead of me, unable to speak.

Silence fills the car for a few minutes, "Say something," I plead looking at him and seeing tears gathering in his eyes.

He's crying?

He's crying because of me... what a sweetheart.

He cares for me so much, he shows that to me every time we're around each other.

"Why are you crying?" I ask gently, whipping away a tear rolling down his beautiful face.

"Because," is all he says looking pained.

"Because why?"

"An angel like you shouldn't ever have to go through something like that, I'm so sorry. It pains me to know that you had to go through that alone."

"I wasn't alone, I had Chase," I trail off thinking sadly about my big brother.

He was my superhero... a superhero that was sadly taken down on a mission.

"Who's Chase?" He asks as he places his hand over mine where it's placed over his cheek.

"My big brother," I reply sadly staring into his dark, rich eyes.

Seeing as he was about to start asking more questions on the matter, I interrupt him before he can do so. "I don't want to talk about it."

"It's okay when you're ready," He states understanding.

What did I do to deserve someone like him?

"Thank you."

Chris smiles at me, "Why are you thanking me?"

"Because your so amazing to me, I don't deserve you."

"You need to learn your worth butterfly, your a gem, any guy in your presences is lucky to have you." He replies confidently and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear.

He places his hand behind my neck and moves my face closer to his, "Can I kiss you?"

Oh how badly I want to kiss the living heck out of the man in front of me, but it's not aloud.

We can get fired for this if Liam finds out that were involved with each other, other than a working relationship.

"Liam," I breathe out stressed.

He nods, understanding and swallows hard, "Please Lola."

Oh, what the hell, I'm going to do whatever I please.

And if that's kissing the man in front of me, I will.

"Okay," I whisper gazing and getting lost in his eyes.

He gently moves his head closer to my own and captures my lips between his own.

Our kiss is not passionate and heated.

It's delicate, sweet and soft.

Just like the conversation we just were having.

As our lips move slowly and in sync with one another, all I can hear in my head is,

I'm jumping into the deep end and the truth is... I know I am.

But I don't care.

What did all of you think?

Do you like where this book is going?

Do you have any predictions of what's going to happen?

And lastly are you going to keep reading? 

Let me know if there are any mistakes.

I would appreciate if you would tell your followers to read my book and to tell their followers to read my book as well.

Remember don't be a silent reader!!

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE WITH YOU'RE FRIENDS, AND FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM!!!

Peace out, till tomorrow...

Xoxo, Lexi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 7.3K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...
1.2M 24.7K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
68.9K 2.3K 51
#BOOK1 in 'ACE' SERIES He was like storm. He liked silence. He had looks which could kill. He is cold , ruthless and arrogant as hell. He h...
1.2M 41.7K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...