Marked

By olivieblake

Two dead. Three missing. The Order is down a leader and another innocent takes the Mark. Where is the Chosen... More

The Muggle
The Roots
The Last Time
The Reason
The Associate
The Heartbeat
The Bargain
The Big Picture
The Exposure
The Brothers
The Dosage
The Reconciliation
The Neighbor
The Knight
The Conflict
The Hurricane
The Bodies
The Defense
The Thieves
The Women
The Distraction
The Manor
The Promise
The Prophecy
The Traitor
The Leverage
The Fall
The Killers
The Figure
The Soulmates
The Master
The Regime
The Supplication
The Maestro
The Parallel
The Beginning
Epilogue
Prequel Preview: Youth

The Heir

6.9K 229 1.4K
By olivieblake

Chapter 23: The Heir

Malfoy Manor, 1991

. . . . . . . .

"Are you nervous, Draco?"

He looked away. He was, of course, but he was hardly going to disclose that fact to his mother. He was practically an adult now, for heaven's sake.

"No," he sniffed haughtily. "I just hope Hogwarts hasn't actually tumbled in prestige the way you and Father seem to think it has, or else I don't see why I'm not going to Durmstrang."

"Oh, don't listen to your father," Narcissa said gently, touching her hand softly to the silvery strands of her son's hair. "He and I both loved our time at school, and so will you."

He sighed loudly, parroting his father's words. "Well of course you did, you got to go to Hogwarts before the Ministry was taken over by this wretched muggle-loving government - "

"Darling." Narcissa knelt to meet his eyes, lifting his chin with her finger. "Draco, my love, your father worries about grown-up things. It's nothing you need concern yourself with." She smiled at him, her blue eyes uncharacteristically warm and filled with the look of adoration she reserved only for him. "You just enjoy it, won't you?"

"Yes, Mother," he said obediently, ducking his head as she kissed his cheek. "And - "

He hesitated, and her lips curled up in a knowing smile. "Yes?" she asked. "What is it, Draco?"

He leaned forward, lowering his head as though he worried someone might hear. "What if I don't like it?" he asked softly, his voice fearful. Expressing insecurity or concern was hardly the Malfoy way, and his father would surely be horrified to hear him be so humiliatingly foolish - but it was a moment of weakness he reserved only for her. "And what if they don't like me?"

"Darling, everyone will love you," she assured him, taking his small hand in hers even as her eyes flashed dangerously. "Anyone who doesn't is a fool," she added sharply, "and I pity them for breathing."

He sighed. "Yes, but - "

"And you'll be home again for Christmas," she reminded him, her tone softening again. "You'll be back here before you know it." She crouched down once more, strangely unconcerned with the placement of her skirt as the expensive material trailed on the ground. "This will always be your home, Draco. Remember that. You will always be home here."

He ducked his head against hers, putting his lips near her ear. "I'll miss you, Mother," he whispered, embarrassed by the statement despite being confidently assured that she wouldn't tell a soul.

She smiled. "Oh Draco," she said fondly, tucking a stray hair behind his ear. "Oh darling, you'll never know how much I'll miss you."

. . . . . . . .

Forest of Dean, 1997

. . . . . . . .

"Check the list. Though I have a sneaking suspicion you won't find his name."

Fucking Greyback, Draco thought furiously. They should have killed him when they had the chance.

"What do we do?" Granger whispered fearfully in his ear, fidgeting. "I - my wand - "

"Mine's in the tent, too," Draco hissed between nervously clenched teeth. "See if you can move back there - "

She took a step behind her but her heel came down heavily on the unbalanced ground, landing on something with a loud, disruptive crunch.

"Stop," Draco said instantly, gripping her arm. "Stop, don't move - "

"But Harry!" she breathed, her voice hushed. "We have to - "

Draco clapped his hand over her mouth as Greyback started to wander in their direction.

"Don't," he mouthed to her, and she nodded, her eyes wide.

"Oi," one of the wizards shouted from afar. "Where're you headed, Fenrir?"

Greyback was stepping in closer, his hand raised to the edge of their protective spells; Draco was paralyzed, knowing any movement could give them away.

"These two don't have their wands on them," Greyback called back, sniffing the air, "which means they've left them somewhere nearby."

Draco wondered if the werewolf could feel the threads of the spells that were cast around them, hoping with every fiber of his being that his magic had been strong enough to withstand the intrusion. Draco shifted slightly, angling his hip so that he blocked Granger from sight. Any moment now, their defenses could be breached, and there would be scarcely a moment for him to react. Wandless, up against a werewolf, Draco barely stood a chance - but his thoughts were only on her. Protecting her. Protect her, or die trying.

That was his life now, it seemed.

She fidgeted against him and he held her closer, holding his breath. Greyback moved to bring his hand down - any moment, his fingers would brush the wards, and then -

"What do you brainless shits want with us?" Weasley spat loudly, and Greyback turned, enraged by the insult. "Do you plan to give us a reason for this - this brutality - or is it a crime now to wander about the woods, minding our own business?"

Draco let out a strangled, gasping sigh of relief as Greyback turned swiftly, stalking back towards Weasley. "You insolent - "

The freckled git had managed to distract his captor. "Fuck," Draco breathed, his heart suddenly thundering in his chest. "Fuck, I'm not going to enjoy thanking Weasley later - "

"Look at Harry," Granger whispered anxiously, pointing.

Draco couldn't hear the conversation clearly, but it was obvious that despite Weasley's attempt to distort Harry's face - Draco hated to admit it, but Weasley did seem to be quick enough when it counted - Greyback had managed to find Harry's scar, triumphantly revealing it to his fellow captors.

"No," Draco breathed, feeling a sharp pain in his chest at the prospect of Harry being discovered. He was riveted to the spot, his attention unyielding - but he could see out of the corner of his eye that Granger, too, was struggling, trying desperately to fight back tears.

Where would they take him? Greyback didn't have the Mark, so there was no calling the Dark Lord; the other two were clearly also not Death Eaters. They would have to bring him to the Dark Lord, and that could only mean -

"You're taking us to Malfoy Manor?" Weasley shouted, and Draco's stomach lurched. For a moment, he lost the ability to take in air, his body suspended in time as his mind suddenly raced through everything he shouldhave realized before this moment - but hadn't.

Of course it had come to this. It had been too easy so far, hadn't it? Granger had even said so once before. The potential for suffering had been unspeakably great and Draco had barely scratched the surface of all the possible pain there was to be had. Clearly, that was about to change. Of course that mentality couldn't last. Of course Draco would have to choose between two equally terrible options.

And they were equally terrible, weren't they? On the one hand: save Potter, cross the Dark Lord, endanger himself and his family. Or else what?

Run.

Run with Granger, of course. He was confident he could hide her, and he was sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was everything he would build his world around. Build his life around. They could build a life together, somewhere far from here.

Against the backdrop of the moment he saw flashes of a life with Granger. He saw her holding his hand, relaxed and peaceful - just the two of them. Somewhere in the sun, maybe. On the beach, if they were lucky. In a white dress - someday. There was Granger, holding a baby. Granger smiling at him, a little older. A little older, but happy. Every image in his mind was calm and happy, the scattered pieces of a life in front of him that he knew he could choose if he wanted.

But then he heard her voice in his head.

"I'm going to fight for you, Draco," she'd said, and his chest ached to remember. "Wouldn't you fight for me?"

Why?

He'd asked her then and he asked it now, too. Demanded it, actually. Why would they have to fight at all? Was this even their fight?

He watched her now, fighting back tears at Harry's expense, hearing her response. "You think that I could live with myself, leaving Harry and Ron behind?"

His heart ached, pulsing between brutal thuds - but her voice wouldn't fade.

She'd been so small, so vulnerable. "Don't you see that you'll have to choose?"

And what had he done, when she'd said that to him? He'd told her they shouldn't talk about it. Like a fool - and a blind one, at that - he'd told her they would get through it. One day at a time, he'd said.

But that had to end today, didn't it? Today, he'd have to choose. Today he'd have to stand for something, because it was about more than just a happily-ever-after with Granger, much as it pained him to admit it. There was a right and a wrong side in this war and he had to find the line and cross it. It was bigger than him, bigger than both of them. It had always been bigger than them.

Fuck. It had always been, hadn't it? He just hadn't noticed it until now.

His ears were ringing, his eyes were burning. Fuck.

Within moments of Weasley's outburst, the three intruders yanked Harry and Weasley into a small, tight formation and there was a loud crack as they disappeared.

Granger looked up at Draco, her face pale. "What do we - "

"We're going after them," Draco said firmly, smoothing his hair away from his face. He tried to be strong for her, despite the storm that was swirling in his head.

Fuck. "Pack the tent, would you?" Fuck. "And grab Potter's cloak." Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck everything. "We'll need it."

"Draco." If she wasn't crying before, she certainly was now. "Draco, it's so dangerous - are you - are you sure?"

"I'm sure," he said gruffly, not wanting to question it further. If he gave it any more thought, he would surely change his mind. Fuck. But the reality remained the same. "We can't leave them."

She threw her arms around his neck, her body shaking for a moment in his tight embrace as she fought a heart wrenching sob - before she suddenly straightened, managing somehow to pull herself together in a way that left him awestruck and stunned.

Heart of a lion. Always.

"Right," she agreed, nodding. "Okay," she murmured to herself, hastily listing off their needs. "The tent - the cloak - your wand - "

She hurried away but paused to turn over her shoulder, breathless. "I love you," she told him firmly, biting down hard on her lip. "Draco Malfoy, I love you."

"Get what we need, Granger," he muttered hurriedly, shaking his head, and she nodded. "Before I change my mind."

He was a few steps behind her as she flew around the tent, grabbing things as she went and quickly collapsing things down to return them to her small handbag.

"I love you," he murmured from afar. Busy as she was, she wasn't listening, and he found he was grateful. He doubted she would even understand.

"You'll never know how much," he whispered, quietly resigning himself to his fate.

. . . . . . . .

Malfoy apparated them directly into his bedroom while they were under Harry's invisibility cloak, and the instant his feet touched the ground, she could see in his eyes the horribly crushing reality he faced at being back in his former home.

"Welcome to Malfoy Manor," he said grimly, his voice vaguely haunted at the thought.

Hermione felt somehow like she'd been there before, realizing now how similar the interior of his tent had been to his childhood bedroom. As always, the space was neat and organized, like Malfoy himself; the massive, mahogany four-poster bed was unreasonably large for a single person, and was covered as everything else had been in an emerald green duvet. It was clearly a space he used only for sleeping, and she remembered now that he had mentioned spending most of his time in his study, or else outside, on a broom.

The room seemed cool and aloof, somehow, like he himself had once been. Like him, it was a room that reeked of privilege, even as it seemed strangely impersonal.

He was different now, she realized again, looking at him. Softer, a bit. He seemed out of place in the room, and she found she was glad of it.

"How do the wards work?" she asked, watching the impassive expression on his face as he scanned the room, presumably for changes. "Can you tell where they are?"

He smoothed his hair back. "In a way," he confirmed, nodding. "I can tell where people are, though not Harry and Weasley, specifically."

She frowned. "Will we have to walk through the house?"

The look he flashed her contained faint traces of his arrogant smirk. "This house is much too large to just aimlessly wander, Granger," he said obnoxiously, and despite the light backhanded swat she aimed at his upper arm, she smiled.

"Will they know you're here?" she asked him, trying to keep her voice steady despite her nerves. "How do you think your parents will react?"

"I don't know," he told her honestly, frowning. "But they will know, yes. And we will need to be very careful when they do."

She heard the unspoken meaning in his voice and remembered the reality of their situation. She was unwelcome in this house. Not everything had changed.

"We?" she echoed. "Or just me?"

He gave her a pained look. "Granger - "

"Should I take this off?" she asked, her hand instinctively coming to the M pendant around her neck. "I understand, if that would make it easier for you. Should I - "

"I have no plans to deny you, Granger," he said, his voice husky. "To deny us." He gave her a long, searching glance, resting his hand over hers. "Leave it," he told her fiercely. "You're mine."

There was a possessiveness to his voice that provided her a profound, albeit ill-advised, moment of intense satisfaction. "Thank you," she whispered, brushing her lips against his cheek.

There was a noise outside the door and he thrust an arm out, shoving her behind him and brandishing his wand.

"Quiet," he mouthed over his shoulder - quite unnecessarily, of course - and she nodded, holding her breath.

The door opened slowly, revealing the slender, lithe form of the very tall, very elegant Theo Nott. He looked older somehow, and more serious; Hermione looked at Malfoy curiously, wondering what his reaction would be.

"Draco." Theo's voice was quiet, though the name carried with it a tinge of affection, like he'd been waiting a long time to say it. "I know you're in here."

Hermione looked at Malfoy and nodded encouragingly. "Go," she mouthed, and he gave her a brief, hesitant smile, shedding the cloak from their shoulders.

"For fuck's sake, Nott," Malfoy said softly, his voice thick with emotion. "What are you doing in my house?"

Perhaps not the sentiment I would have chosen, Hermione thought exasperatedly, though she watched Theo's face go temporarily blank as he stepped further into the room, letting the door shut behind him.

"You're here," Theo said breathlessly, stepping forward slowly as if he suspected it might be a dream. "It's really you. You're really here."

Hermione found she was holding her breath as the two young men finally came face to face.

Malfoy nodded solemnly. "It's really good to see you, Theo."

Without warning, Theo wound up and aimed his fist at Malfoy's face, his knuckles colliding loudly with Malfoy's nose and resulting in a loud yell from both parties.

"You couldn't have left a note, motherfucker?" Theo asked pointedly as Malfoy doubled over and groaned, clutching his face.

"Theo!" Hermione exclaimed, hurriedly bending to check Malfoy's face. "What - "

"Oh hello, Granger," Theo said smoothly. "Sorry, but that's been coming for a while."

"Are you crazy?" she exclaimed loudly, but Malfoy had straightened, and Theo yanked him into a tight hug, thumping him firmly on the back.

"How dare you," Theo muttered, clearly fighting back tears. "How fucking dare you - "

"I'm sorry," Malfoy was saying, over and over. Hermione couldn't see his face from behind Theo's but she could tell that his voice, too, was choked with emotion. "I'm sorry - I had to go, I thought it would be safe for you - "

"You've always been such a fucking idiot, Draco, you could have trusted me - "

"I know, I should have - I know, I'm sorry - "

" - I took the fucking Mark to find you, you unbelievable arsehole - "

" - that's insane, you're a fucking idiot - "

" - you don't know the fucking half of it - I've been looking for you - "

" - I was going to find you, I swear, I was fucking coming back for you - "

" - and you look fucking stupid with this hair - it's not your color at all - "

" - it wasn't my choice, none of this was, I fucking swear - "

" - you fuck, I've - I've missed you, I needed you here - "

" - I'm sorry," Malfoy said breathlessly, finally leaning away to look Theo in the eye. "I am so, so unspeakably sorry, for everything - "

"But you're okay," Theo interrupted, grasping Malfoy's shoulders and giving him a firm shake. "You're alive?"

"I'm alive," Malfoy confirmed, nodding emphatically, and he turned to Hermione, his very swollen eyes coming to linger affectionately on her face. "Thanks to Granger," he added, putting his arm around her. He turned to glare at Theo defiantly, as though daring him to comment.

But Theo only grinned broadly. "Oh, I know," he said mischievously. "I always knew about her, if you'll recall." He leaned towards Hermione, offering her a tiny wink. "I've always been the smart one."

She smiled nervously at him, unsure how to respond. Not that it mattered. She was hardly the focus here.

"Potter and Shit-For-Brains are downstairs with your mum," Theo told Malfoy, straightening as though he'd only just remembered. "Narcissa just killed Greyback."

Malfoy looked momentarily stunned. "What?"

"Why?" Hermione gasped. "Did he - did he do something to them?"

"Not exactly. But he deserved it," Theo declared loudly, "and being the fucking genius that I am, I figured out that you had been with those two. Narcissa took it from there, especially after hearing how Greyback had threatened you before. I also figured out what Granger did for you, Draco," he added, giving her a meaningful look. "Thank you, by the way," he told her curtly. "And I'm sure Narcissa will thank you, too."

Hermione gaped at him. "She - she knows?" she asked nervously. "She knows about Draco and me?"

"She does," Theo said, nodding. "I did not enjoy being the one to tell her," he said flatly, looking pointedly at Malfoy to emphasize this before turning back to Hermione, "but she knows, and she killed Greyback for you. And she fucked with the muggle-born registration records for you, too."

Hermione was speechless. "She did?" She looked at Malfoy. "But - but I'm - " a mudblood, she thought painfully, more aware of her status than ever as she stood in this ancient old house. "Did you think she would - "

"No," Malfoy admitted. "But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. My mother is . . . formidable. And protective of those she loves." He pulled Hermione in quickly, kissing the top of her head. "Not unlike another witch I'm quite fond of."

Theo gave them both a haughty look of impatience as Hermione turned to kiss Malfoy's cheek. "This is what I've been missing?" he asked, his tone bored. "Tremendous. You're disgusting, and frankly, I've never been so pleased."

"Fuck you, Theo," Malfoy snapped, rolling his eyes, though Hermione could see on both his and Theo's face how relieved they were to be reunited.

Boys. She would never understand them.

"Well, are you ready to see your mother?" Theo asked, a casual easiness returning to his posture.

"Like this?" Malfoy asked skeptically, gesturing to the faintly bloody mess Theo's fist had left. "Fuck no. Somebody fix my nose or she'll never forgive me."

. . . . . . . .

The only thing Theo loved more than having Draco back at his side was the satisfying buzz of reassurance in his head, the ongoing flush of pleasure at finally receiving evidence that he'd fucking been right all along. Theo spent the whole walk down to the cellar silently congratulating himself.

"Can't believe you have an invisibility cloak," he murmured to his right, where he knew Granger and Draco were walking.

"It's Potter's," came Draco's hushed voice, though he was thoroughly concealed by the cloak. "It's even worse than we thought, he's got this map, too - "

They chattered quietly to each other, falling back into an easy rhythm as they started to creep down the cellar stairs. Granger, though, had been uncharacteristically quiet - not that Theo could blame her. He could hardly claim to have ever been a friend, much to his chagrin.

Ah, well. She'd adjust, eventually.

"Narcissa," Theo said, stepping aside as Draco removed the cloak from over his and Granger's shoulders. "You mentioned you were missing a son?"

The beautiful witch's eyes lit up with a warmth Theo hadn't seen in months - perhaps ever. She moved towards him quickly, abandoning Potter and Weasley where they sat.

"Draco," she breathed, walking up to him and touching the dark strands of his hair softly, as though she feared he might break. "Darling - "

"Hello, Mother," he said somewhat stiffly, clearly not wanting to be emotional. The instant softening of his expression, though, gave him away, and Narcissa pulled him into a tight embrace.

"Draco," she whispered again, bringing her hand up to caress the nape of his neck. "I can't believe I'm seeing you again."

Theo noted with amusement that Granger's shoulders were hunched over awkwardly as she watched. The poor thing was thoroughly panicked when Narcissa's eyes suddenly fell on her.

"Miss Granger," Narcissa said, stepping away from her son to come face to face with the much smaller witch.

Granger bit her lip. "It's Hermione," she said softly. "If - if you want."

Narcissa nodded slowly. "Hermione," she agreed, and Theo caught Draco's breathless exhalation of relief. "Thank you." She reached out and grasped her son's wrist, looking at him with fondness. "Thank you for what you did for my son."

Granger shifted, still fighting insecurity. Theo could hardly blame her. Narcissa - taller, older, far more stunning, and infinitely more poised - was wildly intimidating, even at her softest.

"I love him," Granger said, raising her chin defiantly, almost defensively. Her tone surprised Theo, though he found himself nodding appreciatively. Good for her. "I would do it again."

"Good," Narcissa pronounced instantly, her eyes flashing. She reached out a hand, gesturing to a pendant around Granger's neck that Theo hadn't noticed before, and turned to her son. "Is this - "

"Yes," Draco said, nodding curtly as it slowly dawned on Theo the meaning of the pendant's M inscription, and the significance of its placement around Granger's neck.

Good, Theo thought vigorously. Draco had certainly come a long way from the unending choruses of "there's nothing going on with Granger."

He seemed better for it.

Narcissa, surprising everyone, opened her arms and swept Granger into an awkward hug, holding her there for several moments and whispering something into her ear. Granger, who slowly relaxed into the embrace, nodded, her eyes teary, while both women held each other for a moment, sharing what Theo could only assume was their mutual love of Draco, the lucky fucking arsehole.

It was a touching, improbable moment. And one that Theo itched to interrupt.

"Well," Theo said loudly, his volume equating almost to a shout in the acoustics of the room. "Now that that's over with - "

"Harry!" Granger exclaimed, suddenly remembering he was there as she pulled tearfully from Narcissa's hold. "Harry, are you alright?"

"Fine," Potter managed, flashing her what seemed an exceedingly painful grin.

She knelt in front of his face, holding her wand out. "Episkey," she said primly, nodding as his nose resumed its normal shape. "And with that, please stop breaking each other's noses," she added, giving Theo an admonishing glare.

Narcissa scowled. "Theo!"

"I'm fine too, if anyone is curious," Weasley proclaimed loudly, coming to his feet as Draco walked over to him, smirking.

"Please know how much it pains me to say this," Draco muttered, offering him his hand. "But thank you. You saved us, and I am very much in your debt."

"Really?" Weasley remarked drily, a smile twitching across his face as he clasped Draco's proffered hand. "Out of everyone, Malfoy's the only one that's gracious?" He glared at Potter and Granger. "You should all be ashamed of yourself."

"That's true," Draco agreed, nodding airily.

Potter rolled his eyes. "We should go," he said, looking up. "Shouldn't we?"

"Yes," Narcissa said, her voice quiet. "Yes, you should."

The thought clearly pained her, and Draco rejoined her side, ever the dutiful son.

"Thank you, Mother," he said, and she kissed his cheek, the gesture both cool and affectionate.

"You need to leave," she told him firmly, even as she struggled to let go. "Now. Before anyone else notices."

Draco nodded, and Potter, Weasley, and Granger all gathered around him.

"Are you coming?" Draco asked, looking expectantly at Theo.

Theo blinked. "Me?"

Draco frowned. "Yes, you," he said, perturbed. "Unless you'd rather stay and be a Death Eater?"

"Go with them, Theo," Narcissa urged, moving to put her hand on his shoulder.

Theo could only manage a hesitant stammer. "But - "

"I'll come up with something to tell the Dark Lord," she said faintly. "I could blame Greyback, perhaps - "

But it wasn't that.

Theo turned to Draco, swallowing with difficulty. "The Dark Lord wants something that you have," he said flatly, more a statement than a question despite the phrasing. "Doesn't he?"

Potter looked questioningly to Draco, but the Malfoy heir didn't waver. "Yes," he confirmed briskly, meeting Theo's eyes.

Theo shook his head. "Then I have to stay."

"That's not true," Draco insisted, stepping forward anxiously. "You can come with us, you'll be safe - safer - and we can worry about the other thing later - "

"No," Theo said, frowning. "No, someone needs to maintain your cover. Someone needs to continue that little sleight of hand you pulled."

"It doesn't have to be you," Draco said adamantly, aghast. "Theo, he'll kill you if he finds out - "

"I could say the same for you!" Theo snapped indignantly. "Look, I have to stay. I've - " He abruptly dropped his voice, leaning in to mutter information that was meant for Draco alone. "I've been working with Snape - I'll be helping the Order, and I'll be here, you know, for your mum - "

"I can't leave you behind again!" Draco exclaimed, panicking. "Theo, I can't - I can't let you put yourself in danger like this, I can't let you live this - this nightmare - "

"I chose it," Theo said, brutishly shoving Draco towards Granger, whose eyes were wide with indecision. "If this is where you stand, then so do I! This is bigger than me, Draco, and it's bigger than us - "

"I know it is," Draco rasped, pulling from Theo's grip. "I know it is, but you can't ask me to do this - you can't expect me to leave you behind, not again - "

"Do it," Theo said angrily. "Fucking do it, Draco, you don't owe me anything - "

"I'll always owe you!" Draco shouted, his motions frantic. "I'll always owe you - "

"SO WILL I!" Theo roared, and the two of them finally fell silent, chests heaving. "So will I, Draco. So just let me," he said, swiping furiously at his eyes. "Just let me protect you."

The door of the cellar flew open and they all turned, startled.

"Remember your promise to me, Hermione!" Narcissa shouted, casting a blinding protego around them. "Go! Now!"

"Draco!" Hermione shouted, grabbing him by the collar and disappearing with a loud crack.

The last thing Theo saw was the pained, hesitant look on Draco's face.

Fuck off, Draco. You're my brother.

Theo raised his wand and stepped forward.

"I've got your back," he murmured to Narcissa, and she nodded coldly.

"Good," she said, her voice clipped. "I'm going to need it."

. . . . . . . .

a/n: Draco/Theo reunion chapter has to go in part to brigittar. It is only right. But it also goes to drsallysparrow, because unfortunately, there is no big reveal about Theo's parentage. He is, in fact, the biological son of the elder Nott, despite his resemblance elsewhere. This chapter is the next best thing, I think.

To answer other questions/speculations: the timeline of this story will not follow Deathly Hallows, and will shortly begin to stray even further from canon; for the curious, it is currently late August of 1997. As for some of your suspicions/guesses about the plot: some of your fears are justified, some are not. But I promise to warn you if there are tragic chapters ahead.

If, she says, with a wry, telling smile . . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 1.4K 15
The Dark lord is dead and now Harry and Draco can go back to Hogwarts for their seventh year after that rather eventful summer. They have to look at...
332K 16.3K 37
Harry starts to notice a change in Draco and soon realizes that Draco needs his help. But will Draco accept it? And even if he does, then what? And w...
1.5K 67 22
BOOK 2 The second year in Hogwarts for The Twins Who Lived and their friends It seemed like one of the twins got a hold of something unexpected, went...
17.2K 561 26
Three years after the Battle of Hogwarts, Voldemort has gone deep into hiding behind the protection of the remaining Death Eaters. The few surviving...