On My Own

By Ash_Chaos

Basically Zombie apocalypse breaks out, Mahiru got bitten which broke the contract and Kuro left him with the... More

Disclaimer
1. Outbreak
2. Bitten
4. Saving Melancholy
5. Death And Brothers
6. Family
7. On the other side
8. The Surviors saviour
9. World-wide
10. The Fox meets the Cowboy
11. A snake's Inquiry
12. The Conference
13. Decisions Are Made, Sides Are Taken
14. Ambush
15. Saving My Family
16. Bonds And Future

3. Mutant? Or Eve?

706 19 7
By Ash_Chaos

My POV

Mahiru woke up to a new day... and in a not so humanoid form. 'Hmmn?' "Graoo?"
He looks at himself seeing that he looked like a black shadow panther.

(Imagine with the lantern at 🌌)
Throughout the day he tries to change into different animals and different sizes of them, with success. One, he decided to stay in as the Zombies couldn't bite through its thick hide (pic on top). He chose the district he 'died' in as his new home and made sure that all Zombies that tumbled in got burned by his breath immediately.

Mahiru's POV

While I was walking around in my wolf form I heard some sounds from slightly above me making my ear twitch. It wasn't zombies as, well, I've already burnt the ones strutting around the area. But these sounds also had actual sounds, and I could hear bits and pieces of actual sentences! I moved my figure left and right, on all fours, till my eyes landed on a certain skyscraper. I narrowed my eyes and saw how it was filled with normal humans inside, I spontaneously decided to help protect the place.

'No harm done right? I have a good advantage with my forms and it's only simple if you think about it..!' I was surprised that 2 of my other school friends were among them. I was really happy to see that they were well! But, für now, I decided to spent time around the grounds to make them understand that I mean no harm. It took me almost 2 whole weeks!
..Additionally they found out I could talk when I accidentally answered the question about how late it was. I was only being polite!

I had to listen to them discussing about my existence! They debated that I'm most likely a mutant, but don't know that I was actually a former human and not someone's pet. 'That one was kinda a blow to me since Kuro, had been more like a cat/pet than a vampire most of the time.. I shouldn't think about that!' I shook the thought off when I saw Ryusei and Koyuki come into the room (or store) I was staying in.

(Mahiru           Koyuki     Ryusei)

"Hi! Ma-!.. -Hikaru, I mean" said Koyuki who surprisingly grew more confident and only fainted twice ever since the breakout. '... Thx to Ryusei's gut's probably'

The two of them know it's me as
- according to them - I was often behaving like a mother-hen or housewife and they went from there. I told them what happened to me before I woke up from my short nap which I have no memories of. They now know of the Eve's and Servamp's and all that as I decided to inform them if ever they bump into one of them. So far nothing, none of them or the ones from C3 have passed by our district even remotely.
.

.

I also learned that I could form something similar to a contract, but its more like those pacts you read about in fictional magazines. I can give those who have one a part of my abilities. So far, only my friends and a man and woman - who are the groups leaders - have them. I suspect that it has something to do with me being a former Eve but, uhm, I'm still unsure about that theory. Anyway, I changed into my Human form and talked with them before we go eat with the other survivors.

We walked - or in my case jumped down - the stairs towards the Ground floor where a pot was made with curry. "Hello" I said stepping out with my two friends towards the gathering of people. "Ah hi! Hikaru, you guys are just in time for the food" said Lisa(OC) who divided the food and the one who I have a pact with. She represents the woman portion of the group while a guy named Dazai represents the men here. In total its 30 people with 9 kids, so, the headcount amounts to a total of 39 people.

"Yeah Hikaru smelled it all the way from the 3rd floor!" snickered Ryusei while holding a hand to his mouth and looking at me. I moved past him and just got food before him. We sat down and I changed into my smallest form which was a hamster, with that I ate my kid-sized portion. You'd think, 'why so little?' To save our recourses obviously. And I can eat like a normal human in any form so why not? It's still a grand feast for me. A simple but effective idea.

During our Lunch my phone beep'd. I raised my eyebrow changing back, grabbing my jacket and fishing it out of my pocket. 'Weird the last time this happened was 5 days ago and it was from Koyuki since he accidentally ran into zombies...' I looked up and both of them looked like they thought the same.

I opened it seeing SAKUYA standing in the middle of the screen in big letters and with repeated rings spreading from the middle outwards. Above the name stood an SOS.

So far, the survivors have all downloaded an app that was free-of-charge, which can alert you if someone in your notification-list (provided they have the app created by the government) is in trouble and send a distress signal.

My eyes widened when I got the alarm. Ryusei and Koyuki got notifications as well and we all shared looks. "If Sakuya is in trouble than it's serious, after all, he's a subclass of the guy that let swords rain down on the city!"  Ryusei clutched his phone while looking at me and Koyuki.

"Hmmmm. The Melancholy group follow Tsubaki's leadership, and he might not be around the other Servamps much, which would mean he's more likely to have a base outside of C3" I mumbled quietly. "..Alright I'll go check it out. I doubt the others have Tsubaki or any members of his group in their notifications."

I quickly wolfed down the rest on my plate and went over to Lisa. Putting my dish down I made eyecontact duty her "I'm going on patrol early, might be coming back with other survivors, also, the food was very delicious" she nodded wishing me to be careful. I then ran up the stairs where I jumped outside and changed into my dragon form taking flight.

Not even 5 min after that, I was already spewing fire out of my mouth, burning some zombies to their deaths (the government allowed that if possible to do so to minimize the 'damage'). I weaved between the buildings and towers when I saw a spot of glowing red just as I passed two office buildings. 'There!' I clipped my wings together and dived to the side cutting around the corner.

"Sakuya!" I clearly heard Tsubaki shout in concern. If not for the situation right now, I'd have been shocked enough to not control the direction of my fire anymore.

As soon as I spotted them, I also saw Sakuya surrounded by a group of Zombies with some of them holding basebal-bats or similar things. 'Tsk! These ones are more clever!' I then heard Belkia shout? scream? but I was already smashing some of the Zombies in front of Sakuya into the ground.

Beneath my breath they collapsed to cinders while the rest were getting bound by my shadows.. before meeting their end the same way as the first ones. While cleaning up I hid Sakuya with one of my wings and made him lean against one of my... clawed foot.

Someone jumped at me from the side, "Give me Sakuya back!" yelled Tsubaki passing by that scorpion subclass of his and charging at me with multiple of his eerie Katana's 'Sigh..'.

"I mean no harm you bloody lot of idiots" I said stopping him mid-jump with my shadow-vines. I said idiots cuz Sakuya still held onto one of Tsubaki's Katana's and was pointing it to my feet even though his left side was heavily injured with a hole in it and his head looked like it was used like a ball for the baseball-bat's. I shivered not thinking about bad dreams or post traumatic ideas.

By now all Zombies were mere ashes lying on the cold floor which had some burn marks on them. I kept Tsubaki down and retracted my bindings.. but I didn't return Sakuya from under my wing yet. Tsubaki was standing slightly to the side with his posture but still held his sword up and was looking at me skeptically with his eyes narrowed. 'Really they all are just too similar to their animal forms..' I idly looked right back at him. 'His kimono had seen better days'. Blood, that's all one had to say to describe the difference.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 54 12
Yuno gasai, 15 years old, first year high school student, along with mahiru shiota, who hides a buried secret till the two meet a stray little cat...
2.1K 7 34
Miya Megumi, is a solo person to get things faster, she had no parents her mother died at a young age. Her father is out of the picture, abandoned he...
6.5K 280 30
Years upon years have passed since the servamps lost their eves. All of the servamps were effected but 2 took this loss especially hard. Sleepy Ash...
38K 909 17
Eiko is a reserved girl that rarely talks and goes to the same school as Mahiru Shirota. She doesn't have any friends, but that changes when she befr...