Lonely Dragon {Legolas x Read...

Door Verkira888

(Y/n) or The Lonely Dragon, a name that was known across Middle Earth. Feared....admired.....worshipped All s... Meer

Will you help us?
Bilbo Baggins
Dwaves!
The Feast
Thorin
Our Journey Begins
Moria
Wizards!
Stubbornness of Dwarves
Lord Elrond (Part 1)
Lord Elrond (Part 2)
Moon Runes
I'm Back!
Thunder Battle
Take arms!
She's revealed
Never have I been so wrong
Something Else Out There
House in the Plains
Breakfast
The Elven Road
We're being watched....
Spider Attack!
Sarcasm Dressed in Silver
Council of the King
Some memories are forgotten dreams
Suitor

Goblins in the dark

6K 207 85
Door Verkira888

(Y/n)' POV

After saving Thorin, he deemed it would be best to find shelter.
And shelter we found, in a small cave on the side of the mountain.

It gave me a very uneasy feeling, dark and heavy atmosphere, with a smell so vile it made the whole cavern smell of death.

I was told to stand guard outside of the cave, which I happily agreed too, knowing something is not so far away.

It wasn't too long into the night that I began to hear voices in the cave.

Bilbo and Bofur.

"Where do you think you're going" I hear a surprised Bofur say.

There was a small silence before I heard Bilbo reply.

"Back to Rivendell!"

I heard Bofur get up as my heart sank, the poor little hobbit, I suppose I could escort him back and catch up with the others.

"No no no, you can't turn back now! You are part of the company, you're one of us!" I have always like Bofur, he seemed like a good Dwarf and one of the few that was nice to Bilbo and me.

"But I'm not though am I? Thorin said I shouldn't have come and he was absolutely right!....." I didn't quite hear the rest of what he said as I heard something moving underground.

"You're homesick, I understand!" Bofur tried to reason, and he was right, I too think that maybe Bilbo is just homesick.

"No you don't! You don't understand, you're dwarves! You're used to this life! To living on the road! Never settling in one place, not belonging anywhere!" I heard Bilbo whisper shout. That was really harsh, I almost felt bad for the Dwarves.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that" well at least he apologised.

"No you're right.....we don't belong anywhere..."

It went oddly silent after that, which makes me think that they spoke real quite.

I thought I was about to see Bilbo walk out, but instead I heard Thorin shout, "Wake up!"

About to run in, it wasn't long before I heard them all shout out, a majority shouting, "(Y/N)!!"

I ran in only to see the floor shut.

"Goblins!" I growled and began trying to open the trap doors back up.

Thorin's POV

As soon as we fell down the trap door and hit the ground, we were immediately snatched up and dragged by a swarm of Goblins.

Clearing taking up to their king.

When we got to the throne, there sat a huge fat ugly goblin.

"Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?" He hopped down from his throne and glared at all of us.

"Dwarves, Your Malevolence."

"Dwarves?"

"We found them on the front porch."

"Well, don't just stand there; search them! Every crack, every crevice."

The goblins search the us thoroughly, throwing away whatever they find. I saw Oin's hearing trumpet being thrown on the floor and crushed.

"What are you doing in these parts? Speak!" The king demanded!

None of us respond in which I felt glad.

The king smirked, "Well then, if they will not talk, we'll make them squawk! Bring out the Mangler! Bring out the Bone Breaker! Start with the youngest."
The King pointed at Ori. However, I decided to step forward.

"Wait!" I shouted, making my way to the front of the crowd.

Well, well, well, look who it is. Thorin son of Thrain, son of Thror; King under the Mountain."

The Great Goblin king bows exaggeratedly to me, making it painfully obvious he meant no respect.

"Oh, but I'm forgetting, you don't have a mountain. And you're not a king. Which makes you nobody, really. I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just the head, nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak, an old enemy of yours. A Pale Orc astride a White Warg."

I looked up in surprise and disbelief.

"Azog the Defiler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago." I growled out.

"So you think his defiling days are done, do you?"

The king turned to a small goblin, "Send word to the Pale Orc; tell him I have found his prize."

The tiny goblin wrote down the message on his slate; cackling, he then pulled a lever, causing his basket to start sliding down a system of ropes and pulleys into the darkness.

All of a sudden he turned to look behind us in horror as a blast of fire can from behind, and a figure could just be seen walking out of the flames.

"No! It can't be!" The King whimpered, walked slowly back to his throne.

The figure soon become clear to who they were, causing me to sigh in relief, something I didn't think I'd be able to do with them around.

(Y/n)'s POV

I emerged from the cloud of fire, little trick I found out I could do.

"And who am I great king? A nobody as well?" I taunted.

Pulling my hood down, I received gasps both from Dwarves and goblins, both shock and relief.

"Ah, (Y/n)....strange to see you so far from the border" The king tutted, looking me up and down wearily.

"I travel from time to time" I smirk and I put my hand in the hilt of my sword, making my way to the front of the crowd.

"Now before I burn this filthy place to ash, I insist that you let these Dwarves go, on a bit of a schedule" I gave a tight smile, holding my stance.

I could feel an inner tug and whisper in the dark, it was fading but still apparent.

Something that I have not felt for a very long time.

"And why would you, associate yourself with Dwarves, I'm surprised they haven't attempted to kill you" He laughed whilst the Dwarves looked in confusion - except for Oin, Balin and Kili, the three Dwarves who know who I am.

"Ohhhh, you haven't told them, guess they don't know about you know who either" he gloated, adding to the Dwarves confusion.

"They need not know about you know who, I have put my past behind me" I
Growled, fully ready to chop his head off.

"Ah, but your past can never truly be behind you (Y/n).....or should I say....THE LONLEY DRAGON!"

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

11.2K 295 34
Discover the incredible story of a girl who, together with Thorin's Company embarks on a journey through the Middle-Earth to regain the former house...
29.4K 913 10
In the next part of our story, the company of Thorin Oakenshield rush across Middle-Earth in order to get to the Lonely Mountain by Durin's Day. (Y/n...
14.8K 200 5
(Y/n) (l/n) a Dúnedain ranger who's family is long time friends with the line of durin, he joins his bestfriend thorin and company to search for thei...
8.4K 457 22
Durion's heritage is painted in mystery. Being the last elf born in the Second Age, with his mother dead and his caregivers nowhere to be found, he b...