Broken Wings

By talli_b

"Describe an emotion or feeling without using the word. Show, don't tell." More

Broken Wings

242 4 5
By talli_b

“You have to do something,” Rachel tries again.

It’s no use, you can’t do what she asks. You take a drink of water, but it doesn’t quench your thirst. You eat the half sandwich set in front of you, but it doesn’t taste of anything. None of it makes a difference.

Later on that day a bird will fly into your bedroom window. It will land on its back onto the windowsill, one wing flapping, the other merely twitching, and you will not care. But you will know how the bird feels. The bird has something you do not. You don’t need a broken wing to stop you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
885K 2.7K 12
I hate how all the lesbian one shots aren't intense enough for me or smutty enough, and I'm sure atleast some other people feel the same. So this is...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
3.8M 157K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...