Beyond The Tiara(house of Jen...

By mary4561

Princess Victoria of Denmark seems to have it all. The glamorous friends, popularity and the press love her... More

The Truth
The cousin
The Monster
Release
Purpose
Happy?
Happy
Image
New Beginings
The Blackmail
The Lie
Foe?
The Betrayal
Health
Unbreakable
Power
The Fall Out
The Sentence
Fragile
Healing
Cathartic
The future
Teaser

The Awful Truth

15 0 0
By mary4561

                                      Life is full of disappointments and I just added you to the list".
                                      -Anonymous

Diego's POV

"Victoria we're not going to the Seychelles instead we're going to Hawaii. We will go to the Seychelles at another time I promise".

"I don't understand you know how much I was looking forward to going".

"Your sister is incredibly jealous of you in fact she has attempted to bad mouth you to your friends.  I've noticed since our engagement was announced she has been behaving differently towards you. She tried to embarrass you on your uncle's wedding day. Do you remember how she didn't dance with you".   I nodded, "You didn't see her facial expression after you danced with the king and she said no to you. I did so did he".

"She's happy for me".

"Can you say that for sure", I watch the love of my life realise sadly she couldn't.

"When we went to my uncle's wedding she said some hurtful things but I assumed it was because she was just tired or something. Why would she be jealous of me she's dating Theo. She even said If they marry she would be a duchess and we will both be lady of the manor".

"The palace spoke to the Danish king as she poses a great rIsk to you. She's being watched by the secret service and Theo and her went on one date years ago. He's actually married to Debbie's doctor friend Susan who he has been with for years. I gather she has a job at a hospital in Denmark and is living in the country permanently now".

"This is ridiculous my sister is not a threat", I felt bad because I knew she was but Victoria didn't want to believe it.

"She's been in contact with your mother and as not mentioned it to anyone. Your mother is a fugitive,  the Danish police have been trying to trace her. By using the return address on the letter she sent you with no luck".

Victoria looks devastated I sit by her and hold her as she begins to weep. "Emma came to my wedding laughed and joked with me. While knowing how much my mother hates me and she was in contract with her all this time".

"The good thing is we don't have to see her in the flesh for years if we don't want to.".

"I can't trust her anymore", I watch the women I love start to panic, "We're in a WhatsApp group together. You should have told me all this before now. I wouldn't have told her where we were going on honeymoon".

I can see fear in her eyes, "Is my mum in the Seychelles wanting for us?"

"I can't be sure as you know some of our security went ahead of us. It was one of them who call just now they suggested we go to plan B. Which meant changing our honeymoon location. A villager recognised your mother's photograph".

"OMG my sister as a phone number for my mother?"

"Yes she clearly does but security is on it. We will never take a step outside of the palace without security remember that. Unfortunately you need to act like everything is normal with your sister. In our bags are new iPhones with all the numbers of our friends and family transferred over to it. We will still have our old phones as well which we will use to just contact her and no one else. That reminds me give me your phone please I need to give it to our head of security to do whatever it is they to do".

She gives me her phone I take it and give it to our head of security then return it to her.

"Let's enjoy our honeymoon Hawaii is suppose to be lovely. How about we go on our baby-moon to the Seychelles".

"Ok it's a deal".

I sit beside my wife then turn and hug her. She lays her head on my shoulders and I hear her breathing slowing down. I could feel her relaxing I stroke her back while telling her I love her and would always be there for her.

Victoria's POV

We arrived in Hawaii after a very long plane ride. Since our destination changed the plane had to land in another country then change course. But as we were driven to our home for the next two weeks and I saw the beauty all around us. I forget about the long haul flight but not my sister's betrayal.

We were staying in a private villa with its own pool on a private island with staff. The villa was lent to us by a friend of the king. I have a shower and change into a white bikini then I make virgin Pina Coladas while Diego takes his shower. He comes out in red board shorts. He takes the drink from me and we walk out back to the pool area. We slept on the plane so we weren't very tired. I finish my drink and start swimming lengths in the pool. Diego joins me and we decide to race each other. When we finish swimming we relax on the sun loungers and ask the staff to brings us a selection of sandwiches.

We made a joint decision not to drink alcohol on our honeymoon. I also stop taking my birth control pills over a month ago. Diego and I decided to try to get pregnant as quickly as possible. We figured with him in his thirties and me being almost in my late 20's it was best to try now rather than later. Especially since we had to have at least two children, a heir and a spare.

Although it was a private island there were locals living there. There were restaurants and shops like any other island. The locals knew to keep their mouths quiet about their famous guest as their livelihoods depends on it. On our second night on the island we ate out at a local restaurant. We tried a dish call Saimin which was like a Chinese egg noodle soup with fresh meat and vegetables it was delicious. Whilst on our honeymoon we made a conscious effort to have one meal a day at a local restaurant. We always bought food back for the security who stayed at the house while we explored the island.

Since we didn't have to pay for our villa we wanted the locals to get the money we would have payed for our accommodation. We went to the market which was on every Wednesday buying everything from local produces to jewellery to decorative house items. We did see other celebrities and businesspeople who were staying on the island. We knew because of who they were they wouldn't leak we were also on the island. Billionaires and extremely rich people like their privacy.

We arrived back in Sardinia feeling well rested. I gave the presents Diego and I bought to our families.

The day after we got back we had several engagements. The first was at at a international business conference where overseas businesses who would invest in the country came together with the industry they were pouring money into.
The second was greeting the Italian Prime Minister who was on a state visit. The third was the passing out of officers at the naval academy. It was my first military engagement ever I wasn't senior enough to do this in Denmark.

Diego and I went to my best friend Lucie's house for dinner. All our friends were there we had to tell them about not trusting my sister which we did.

"So how was the honeymoon?" Ask Mia.

"It was amazing the food and people lived up to their reputations".

Diego smiles at me before saying, "I highly recommend it as a honeymoon destination".

The rest of the night was lovely. The next day the queen and I had an engagement at a hospital for sick children apparently it was a big deal. Camila and I got on so well I knew she would take me under her wing. Our joint engagement showed me I was right. She greeted the guest first and nodded subtly at me to greet the guest next.

"You do this or never do that", she would say to me. I followed her and watched her work the room. I realise she doesn't sit and have tea with the doctors and nurses.

While she talked to some of the staff working in the labs at the hospital. I looked down a microscope. One of the staff members told me I was looking at a slide of someone who had an infection.

In the car on the way back, "As queen there will be certain things you don't do on an engagement like the tea drinking with the staff when you get to my age. The younger members of the royal family will do that. When Leila marries her husband will become a prince. If he's not already one and will take on royal duties as well as your children and hers. By the time you're my age hopefully there's more people doing engagements for the royal family".

"Hopefully," I say. "So how did I do today?" I ask her.

"You did well but then you had years of practice. You just need to do things slightly differently now. When the people see you on an engagement they don't see a princess. They see a future queen remember that".

"Yes ma'am", I replied.

"We have time to teach you the ropes Victoria. I'm going to make sure you're prepared for that crown just like my husband is doing to Diego".

"I was thinking of getting a lady-in- waiting do you think it's too soon?"

"It's never too soon a good lady-in-waiting becomes a good confidant. You have someone to bounce ideas off.
Your engagements will ramp up until you take maternity leave. A good amount of staff is necessary, a personal dressmaker and a lady's maid is a must. Just remember that your lady in waiting must be from the aristocracy. It's best to get two I myself have three".

We arrived at the castle and we part ways. I requested a roast beef sandwich from the kitchen for lunch. As I eat I think about who from my friend's list I would want to offer the job of one of my lady-in-waiting.

Then I wondered if perhaps I should get someone I didn't know well. they will. But if they're to be a confidant wouldn't having a friend and someone I know be the best candidate?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 437 9
The youngest grandaughter of the High Priest of Tìrvitae is met with a terrible truth. Given a revelation by the Holy "World Tree", she suddenly rem...
46.5K 1.1K 18
Alice Christensen is diagnosed with leukemia. To secure a bone marrow donation, she makes a marriage pact with a young Prince AndrΓ© of Denmark but th...
113 0 15
HEARTS, beings with humanoid forms that have powerful magic power. The stronger these beings are, the stronger the kingdoms that own them become...
354K 10K 28
CURRENTLY REVISING. Expect updates but it is just the revision of the story. I hope you like it. A college girl gets her life ruined when her parents...