Adventures In Nekoma High ||...

By ssabinaayu

What you look at that, Himura Sara joined the team as the manager of the volleyball boys' team. I wonder, did... More

Chapter 1 : Himurran
Chapter 2 : First Love
Chapter 3 : The Chaos Begins
Chapter 5 : Bushes
Chapter 6 : Strawberry Blonde
Chapter 7 : Laser Pointer
Chapter 8 : Sara-chan
Chapter 9 : Romance
Chapter 10 : Cats and Owls
Chapter 11 : Star and Tiger
Chapter 12 : Blue Heaven
Chapter 13 : Water Bottle
Chapter 14 : Sudden Surprise
Chapter 15 : Seventeen
Chapter 16 : Bullet
Chapter 17 : Crush
Chapter 18 : Foxes and a Cat
Chapter 19 : Train Station
Chapter 20 : Here Comes The Owls
Chapter 21 : Mollies and Hens
Chapter 22 : Comedy Gold
Chapter 23 : Kuroo's Demonic Hair
Chapter 24 : Ordinary
Chapter 25 : Sister's Video
Chapter 26 : Fire Flower
Chapter 27 : Apple and Pudding
Chapter 28 : An Awkward Duet
Chapter 29 : Girls Likes Girls
Chapter 30 : Watermelons
Chapter 31 : Crows vs Cats
Chapter 32 : 決戦スピリッツ
Chapter 33 : フラレガイガール
Chapter 34 : Summer of Evolution
Chapter 35 : BBQ
Chapter 36 : What Happened During the Trip
Chapter 37 : Obvious ♡
Chapter 38 : Magazine
Chapter 39 : Stupid With Love ♡
Chapter 40 : The Diddly Bops
Chapter 41 : Neko Stroll
Chapter 42 : Dog and Chestnut ♡
Chapter 43 : Catnip
Chapter 44 : Plant Kingdom
Chapter 45 : Ai-Ai Gasa ♡
Chapter 46 : Swell ♡
Chapter 47 : Love Spring ♡
Chapter 48 : Transported To Another World
Chapter 49 : Supernatural
Chapter 50 : Flashlight ♡
Chapter 51 : Sugar Songs to Bitter Step
Chapter 52 : Be With You
Chapter 53 : Cotton Candy Skies ♡
Chapter 54 : A Trip Before The Fight
Chapter 55 : Cats of Kyoto
Chapter 56 : Double Trouble
Chapter 57 : Owls and Cats
Chapter 58 : Dancing Cats
Chapter 59 : Wildcats
Chapter 60 : Two Oruguitas ♥
Chapter 61 : Cheer like a Cheerleader
Chapter 62 : Sports Festival ①
Chapter 63 : Sports Festival ②
Chapter 64 : Sports Festival ③
Chapter 65 : One-Sided Love ♡
Chapter 66 : Cats on Ice
Chapter 67 : Invitation ♡
Chapter 68 : Them's The Break, Kid
Chapter 69 : Date ♥
Chapter 70 : The Start
Chapter 71 : Nationals
Chapter 72 : Day 1
Chapter 73 : Cats vs Monkeys
Chapter 74 : Banana Man
Chapter 75 : Never Meant To Know
Chapter 76 : Lose Knots
Chapter 77 : The End of a Battle
Chapter 78 : Two Wuv
Chapter 79 : Sisters

Chapters 4 : Toms and Mollies

263 3 2
By ssabinaayu

"Nobuyuki-kun!"

Kai turner to see a tall girl, he smiled calmly and greeted her. "Aiko-chan, what's going on?" He asked. The girl grinned and squealed a little. "I heard you have a girl manager, congratulations!" Kai only smiled and nodded.

"Kai, I--oh hey, Fujiwara." Kuroo stopped.

"Fuji, let's go!" One girl called.

The tall girl flinched and waved goodbye at them. "Coming, Kuze!"

The two boys stood there, calmly. "Does Fujiwara has a soft spot on you, Kai?" Kuroo cooed. Kai only chuckled and smiled at him, "Of course not." The captain smirked and asked if he was sure about his answer. "Well, I think Aoike wouldn't like that."

~~~~~~

"Uwah, thanks, Himura-san!" Lev said to her, she just smiled at him sweetly and waved. She just helped him with his homework.

It has been days after she first join the club, she was getting used to this gig. Sure she gets hit by the balls from Lev and Inuoka countless times but she was actually a part of something.

"Himura-san, can I talk to you?" Teshiro asked her.

"This will sound weird to you but what do you do when you have a friend who doesn't want to leave you alone?" A little shocked by the question, she doesn't ask him back about it. "Ignore them." Teshiro wasn't keen on the idea of ignoring someone, that wasn't nice. "I'll try, thanks." Himura smiled and patted his shoulder, "Good luck, Tamahiko-kun."

Walking to the stairs to come back to her own classroom, she felt someone bumping into her. When Himura took a good look at them, it was a petite girl with strawberry blonde hair, emerald green eyes, her hair was tied into a low ponytail too, she doesn't look purely Japanese from what Himura can see. "I'm sorry!" The girl's sweet voice peered and she looked up at Himura, the girl immediately got flustered and started to stumble on her words.

'Oh my...what a beautiful girl...' The girl thought. 'Her hair is very silky...her eyes are staring right me...!' She fiddled with her fingers and the girl couldn't held it in and bowed profusely. "I'm sorry for bumping into you again!"

"Himura-san?" Both girls perked and saw Shibayama, peeking through the door. "What are you doing here?" She pointed at the stairs and he completely understood. "Practice starts early, Shiba-kun." She told him and walked away.

"Bye." Shibayama smiled and waved.

The girl was confused at how Shibayama knew her. "You know her, Shibayama-kun?" The young libero flinched at the voice and found the girl staring at him. "Y-yes, Himura-san our new manager. She's a second year like Yamamoto-san." Shibayama explained and turned his back to his class to see some of his classmates jaws dropped.

"Yo, Shibayama, you talked to a pretty girl?" One of the boys headlock him.

"P-pretty...?" Shibayama stuttered and blushed.

They laughed and teased him, "Is she your girlfriend?"

"N-no, it's not like that!"

The strawberry blonde kept looking at them and looking at the stairs. "...volleyball...manager..."

~~~~~~

Changing into her practice uniform, Himura looked herself in the mirror again. She fit in with the others. Her dream. Tying her old volleyball shoes, Himura set off to the gym with her equipment.

Walking down the stairs was average enough, no one hugging her from behind. For the whole day, she hadn't seen Emika, Hoshiko, not even Fumi. Did something happened to them?

When she was on the last set of stairs, she saw a girl with short chocolate brown hair, biting her nails. Himura wanted to ask her but was too scared to. She slowly walked down the final steps before being stopped by a voice, "Are you the manager of the boy's volleyball club?" Turning her head, not to be too shocked, it was the short girl.

"Sorry for bothering you, I'm wondering if you happen to know the coach for the club." The girl reasoned, "God, what am I even saying--you are the manager."

The short-haired girl was significantly shorter than her, she was tall as her shoulder.

"Ugh, okay. Let's restart. Can I come with you to the gym where boys are practicing?" She asked, with an annoyed tone.

Himura kindly agreed and walked shoulder to shoulder with the girl.

"I'm Kuze Naomi, third year." The girl said. "What's yours?"

Himura was, again, hesitant to answer. She hadn't known her for that long and wasn't ready to show her voice.

"Oh, I remember you! You're Himura-chan, right?" Naomi said, which she bashfully affirmed. "Your name is the same as our old setter from the team, she graduated of course." The girl told the story. Himura already knew this, because it's her own older sister.

They arrived at the gym and Himura immediately split off with Naomi.

Naomi walked to the coaches and greeted them. "Kuze, do you have something to inform for me?" Nekomata asked. She does but it was a hard offer to agree with. "So...Sato-sensei..."

"I've heard of her accident."

Tears started to appear from the corners of her brown eyes and started to sniff her nose. "I'm sorry, Kuze." Naoi apologized to her. "It's alright, sir. We visited her yesterday." The two coaches looked at each other and sighed.

Writing down the weaknesses of her team, Himura looked around and found Naomi jumping in joy and running out of the gym. 'Good for her.' She thought and wrote some back down.

Suddenly, she was tackled to the ground. Himura squirmed around and finally got out of there to see, Hoshiko and Emika?!

"Himura-chan!" Fumi waved at her from a far, Himura can see her holding hands with another girl with honey blonde hair tied into a loose ponytail, not as high as Hoshiko. "Chou-chan, there's Himura-chan."

"Who now?"

Himura was confused why the girl's team were in the their gym rather than in their own gym.

"Alright, everyone gather round!" Naoi ordered all of the students, even the girls, the circle around the coaches. Himura sat down next to Shibayama and a girl, she was smaller than Emika but still taller than Naomi, her short Bob cut hair was chestnut color, her eyed too.

Nekomata walked to the middle and smiled, "Today, I invited the girl's team into a practice match for us." He said. Some were surprised by this and someone (Taketora) was blushing.

"Yay!" The girls cheered and squealed. "We'll beat you guys!" One girl spoke up, it made Nekomata chuckle.

Helping the boys with the warm-ups, Himura got a tap on the shoulder. She turned to see the girl who sat next to her with another small girl with short thick slate black hair and blue eyes. Both looked pretty sweet. "You're the manager? Woah, you're so beautiful and gorgeous!" The chestnut haired girl went closer to her face, which made her went bright red, it was too close for her. "Kurihashi, don't do that!" Her friend held her back. "Sorry, she does that." Her friend apologized too.

"I'm Kurihashi Keiko, Sara-chan, right?" Still confused at how some people knew her given name, Himura just confirmed it. "Don't say her name put loud before you know her...I'm Yukimura Hikaru." The black haired girl said.

"Keiko, Hikaru! C'mere!" Hoshiko called to them. "Coming, Hoshi-chan!"

That was weird.

"Ah, sorry!" Lev said as the ball flew to the girl's side as he was practicing his spikes. "You don't have to." Himura shook her head and went to get the ball for him. The boys got all soft and the sparkles filled the gym. "So kind."

As she went to get the ball, it rolled to the tip of the shoe of one girl. Himura picked the ball and saw the girl, the honey blonde, her eyes were the same shade of emerald green as the girl she remembered bumping into during recess. "Oh, alright." She spoke. "Chou-chan, what are you--oh, hello, Himura-chan!" Fumi smiled a catlike smile.

"Do you two know each other?" She asked but the two shook their heads. "...okay...Himura-chan, this Chou Faline-chan. Chou-chan, this is Himura Sara-chan."

Chou only quirked her eyebrows into a disgusted face. "Okay...don't talk to me." That was a bad first impression.

"So you're the manager?" A deep voice peered and she turned around to see two girls, both were really tall. One was even taller than Hoshiko, who was taller than anyone she knew. "She's so cute!" The taller one said. "So you're the "Himura" Amemorin been talking about? Reminds me of Kaoru-chan." The blue haired said.

"I'm Fujiwara Aiko, the captain. I hope we can be friends." The taller girl was dark haired said and shook her hands, ending up with Himura dropping the volleyball. "Whoops, sorry for this giant over here." The blue haired girl said and picked it up for her. "Vice captain, Aoike Makoto." Himura had to admit to herself, from the two, Makoto was the most beautiful.

~~~~~~

The match started with the girls serving.

Hoshiko was appointed the serving spot. She bounced the ball a little, tossed the ball, jumped, and smashed the ball with such strength it went to the back row. Luckily, Yaku was there and he received easily, sending it to Kenma who set it for Kai. He hit the ball through the blockers but Naomi dug it perfectly and sent it to Makoto, she tossed the ball and Chou immediately went to spike it. She looked around the court and found a clearing between two players, she hit the ball and it scored them the first point.

"Wow, the girls are really good." Lev said with Shibayama agreeing with him.

Girls: 1

Boys: 0

Hoshiko served and it was a powerful one as it went to the back row again. Kai saved it just in time. Meanwhile, Kenma was looking at the ball. He focused on the ball, he didn't even looked any sort of tense, which confused Makoto. He tossed the ball to Taketora, who did a cross shot and managed to go through Fumi's fingers. As the ball went to the clear side of the court, Keiko ran and the ball went under her leg.

Himura flipped the score and giving the boys their first point.

"I'm sorry!!" Keiko apologized with an embarrassed face.

"K-Kurihashi, it's gonna be okay!" Aiko and Naomi told her.

Meanwhile, Chou and Hikaru were snickering. "I can't believe it went under you." Hikaru squeaked. "Shut up, Hika-chan!"

Serving went to Taketora, he served the ball and Naomi dug it perfectly. "Aoike!" She shouted, Makoto looked at the ball and glanced at the blockers. Her eyes shifting to either Hoshiko or Chou. She tossed the ball to Fumi and she tried hitting it, it was too high and Hoshiko needed to receive it but it went sideways and went out of the court. Giving their potential pointy the boys.

"Sorry, it's too high!" Makoto said.

Fumi just brushed it off, "I'm not high enough to spike it, Aoike-san."

Taketora served again and it finally was perfect for Fumi to save, sending it to Makoto again. She tossed it again and it perfectly matched with Keiko. As she was starting to hit the ball, her eyes met with Inuoka's and she managed to land a cross shot.

Girls: 2

Boys: 1

"Woah! That's a great cross shot, Kurihashi-chan!" Inuoka's brown eyes sparkled. Keiko looked back at him and nodded, seemingly annoyed. "Thanks."

Fumi's serve wasn't as strong as Hoshiko but she managed to make it but it was much more slower than the ace's. "What a floater!" Emika was amazed by the serve. Yaku immediately went to dig it but it needed assistance by Taketora and Kai, who passed the ball to Kenma back-to-back. The pudding head set the ball to Inuoka who went through the girls' defense. Naomi dived just in time to save it. Trying to bump it, Hoshiko watched it flew to Fumi, who pass it along over the net but the boys were too fast for her as they immediately save it the ball right before it landed.

Receiving and bumping the ball, Kenma finally could set the ball to Fukunaga, who hit but luckily Chou was there to stop from scoring. Running to her spot, Makoto had no choice to set the ball from across the court. "Chou-chan!" She yelled and set the ball to the honey blonde. Chou smashed the ball and scored a point for them.

It was the first time she watch a match like this, never was before she seen her friends play like this.

Girls: 6

Boys: 3

Kuroo in

Yaku out

Fukunaga looked at the court and served the ball, it wasn't as powerful as the serves before. It only went to the front row and Keiko was there to bump it. "Nao-chan!" The libero sled to the side and tossed the ball to Makoto, who tossed it back to the hitter but missed again. "Sorry! Fumi-chan!" Fumi jumped and tossed the ball to Hoshiko, she smashed the ball but it was blocked by Kuroo. Sprinting to the ball, Naomi toss it back as Chou was trying hit but it missed and Fumi needed to help by setting again, it went over the net and it was an out.

Girls: 6

Boys: 4

"S-sorry!!" Fumi apologized. "Nah, it's fine." Makoto ruffled her hair and walked to her spot.

~~~~~~

While watching and taking notes, a creak peered. She turned to see, the strawberry blonde girl. Himura quietly walked over there, to see her mesmerized by the match.

Tap

Tap

Tap

The girl turned to see her, staring. "Gah, H-Himura-senpai, right?" She asked. Himura nodded and tilted her head. "Are the girls will be practicing here for today?" Himura affirmed her.

Walking back to the coaches, Nekomata noticed that strawberry blonde girl. "Ah, you must Chou's sister, right? I could see the resemblance." He said to her. The girl got flustered and nodded. "I'm Akahana Faline, sir."

"Well, Akahana, do you want to watch the practice match?" Nekomata asked. "Yes, please."

Aiko served the ball but Fukunaga dug it but it was little powerful as he almost trip. "You okay?" Taketora asked him and he nodded. Kai bumped it and pass it along to Kenma who set the ball to Inuoka but he was immediately blocked by Aiko.

"Woah, Fujiwara-senpai is really good at blocking." Akahana murmured. Himura heard it and wondered how she knew about it, but her sister is Chou.

Kuroo dived in to save the ball and Kenma dumped it just to be saved again by Fumi. "Hoshiko-chan!" Makoto tossed the ball to Hoshiko, she jumped as high as she could and hit the ball but was immediately blocked by Kuroo.

Girls: 12

Boys: 11

Serving the ball, Kenma watched his serve went to the front row. Chou immediately bump it and pass it along to Aiko. "Aoike!" Aiko called and tossed the ball back to the setter. Makoto watched the ball and glanced behind her to see, Kuroo. 'Tsk...Rooster Head.' She clicked her tongue and tossed it to Hoshiko, who used her full strength to deflect the blockers but Yaku was there to dig it. Everyone was still tense, Kenma set the ball to Taketora. Aiko and Makoto tried to block it but it was another cross shot. Scoring the point for them.

Akahana glanced at Himura, she writing something. 'Tora always use cross shots.'

"What is senpai doing?" She asked. Himura showed her notes and went back to writing. Akahana watched her closely and took mental notes of her own. 'She's really responsible....and pretty...ugh, I'm such a potato!'

"Kenma!!" Kuroo yelled at him. Kenma sighed and set the ball to Kuroo, who managed to deflect Aiko. "One touch!" She yelled as Naomi sled to the ball just to save it. Setting the ball again, Makoto sent it to Fumi. She looked around the court and found a small opening. Licking her lips, she aimed it to Taketora, who had an opening between his legs. The ball landed on the court but...

It hit Taketora too...

In the no-no square.

Fumi realized what she has done and ran there to check on him. "Yamamoto-kun, I'm so sorry!! I was aiming between your legs--are you okay?!" She ran over to the boys' side and crouched down.

From that day onward, Taketora will never have children.

Just kidding, of course.

"That must've hurt like crazy!" Keiko's jaw dropped.

"I don't want to be in that situation." Teshiro said out of the blue, with the other first years agreeing.

As Taketora looked in front of him, there was Fumi. Another beautiful girl. He went timid and didn't felt any pain. Because he wasn't feeling anything. "Yamamoto-kun?"

She immediately got push back to her side of the court by Fukunaga. "Is he alright?" She asked. "He's perfectly fine." Fukunaga told her and giggled afterwards.

Himura and Kenma held their giggles.

"Why are you three giggling?!" Taketora yelled.

Chou looked at her weirdly. "What the hell were you trying to do?" The blonde asked with an irritated tone. Fumi rubbed her head shyly, "Trying out the cross shot."

~~~~~~

The match funnily ended, Fumi ended up apologizing to Taketora a lot. The team who ended up were the boys.

"That's a good match, everyone." Nekomata said, "It was much longer than I expected too." He looked at his wing spikers and smiled. "Yamamoto, get your crouch checked later."

The second years of the boy's team giggled in silence.

Walking out of the bathroom, Himura walked alone in the halls. She kept remembering the crouch incident and it just made it more funnier and more concerning.

When she arrived at the gates, she found Kuroo waiting. "Himurran, you aren't with Fukunaga and Yamamoto?" She shook her head and tilted her head. "I thought you were because you three take the bus together." Kuroo reasoned.

"Ugh...where the hell is Kenma?" Kuroo grumbled out loud. "He's been gone for a long time."

Himura felt pity for him but if she doesn't catch the bus, she'll wait until the night. Before she could even lay a foot on the steps, both of them turned.

"Wait!! Don't go!!" It was Akahana.

Kuroo and Himura was confused. "Uhm...you're the girl from the girl's team, right?" She told him she wasn't, just tag along. "I'm Akahana Faline, first year!"

"Please, can I be your manager?"

Like always, new characters means new designs

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 205 25
Sakura Yamamoto. A funny slightly unmotivated girl who is struggling to keep teachers off her back about joining a club Accidentally finds herself be...
513K 17.6K 28
accepting coach nekomata's invitation to be the manager for the boys volleyball team wouldn't have been so stressful if you were aware of your charmi...
76.1K 1.3K 15
Haikyuu x Reader ◈~ Y/n L/n is a second year at Karasuno High School. She's an amusing and kind person but when it comes to school, she's very antiso...
1K 57 10
- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ [secrets.] ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌ Katana Miya, a girl obsessed with volleyball, is forced to move with her father after things fall apart wit...