Come Rain or Shine

By molkkangmolkkang

Mina pursues a career as vocal teacher and trainer at universities and entertainment agencies, she's a workin... More

Hey there!
A long story short
Burn bridges
Once in a blue moon
Well begun is half done
Breaking the ice
Hang in there
It ain't over till the fat lady sings
On cloud nine
Bite the bullet
Best thing since sliced bread
Break a leg
A piece of cake
Through thick and thin
We see eye to eye
A dime a dozen
Picture is worth 1000 words
Face the music
Add insult to injury
Make hay while the sun shines
Once bitten, twice shy
Easy does it
Get out of hand
Breaking ground
Better late than never
Get something off chest
Sweet nothings
Over the hill
So far so good
There are clouds on the horizon
Fortune favours the bold
It takes two to tango
Weather the storm
Out of the frying pan and into the fire
The elephant in the room
Shape up or ship out
On thin ice
Intermezzo - Q & A Session
Wild goose chase
Throw caution to the wind
It's raining cats and dogs
Get into deep water
Second bite of the cherry
In mint condition
Sticky end
Head in the clouds
Let the dust settle
Twist someone's arm
Devil's advocate
Every cloud has a silver lining
Sail close to the wind
Crack under pressure
A blessing in disguise
Curtain call
Thank you!

Come rain or shine

2.9K 165 87
By molkkangmolkkang

They headed to GWNU in Mina's car. Chaeyoung insisted on driving them, but Mina jokingly said that she won't let her guest lecturer drive. They left for GWNU, it took almost 25 minutes from Chaeyoung's house. They arrived just 15 minutes before the class, Mina took her files from the academic department first, took her absence and they headed towards the art auditorium at the art building. The auditorium isn't that big and can fill up to 200 people approximately. They use the auditorium for certain events, but music department students used it for practice. The art department owns 2 stages, the auditorium, and their open-air theatre just beside the building.

Chaeyoung was shocked that Mina was doing her class in the auditorium, from what she heard from Jihyo back then, Mina was afraid even being in the audience seat, she chose to always stay at the back. But Chaeyoung just follows her plan. The students are already there, sitting at the auditorium seat. Mina and Chaeyoung enter the building, Mina goes straight up to the stage. She asked Chaeyoung to sit behind her students. Mina comes up to the stage and starts greeting her students. Mina is the one who stands up on the big stage but Chaeyoung somehow has more anxiety right now. She's so afraid that Mina would collapse from her fear.

"Alright guys, good afternoon all"

They all greet her back.

It is fascinating looking at Mina on stage, even just to teach not to perform on something.

"So today I am going to grade your performance here on stage. You all are going to be a performer, so I don't want you to sing just in the class, I want you to experience the stage as well, as a freshman you need to know this stage because you guys would perform on this stage the next 4 years"

"Today we have a special guest. You all know Shin Yuna right?"

Her student said, "Of course" to her.

"Okay calm down. No, Shin Yuna isn't here though she was indeed one of my students" Mina said proudly, "But I bring you guys, the producer behind Shin Yuna, on your back, Ms. Ddalgiberry"

They all look at Chaeyoung and give her some applause, Chaeyoung shyly nods and waves at them.

"She will just observe and perhaps makes a comment on your performance, so give your best shots on this, thill will be your mid-test score"

Some of her students looked so nervous. Mina would grade 5 performers for today. They are perhaps even more nervous because Chaeyoung is here as well.

Mina held a simple test as a part of the Vocal and Harmony Subject. They need to sing, they need to sing from the heart. The piano would be their only companion. Mina let her students choose, whether they wanted to perform solo or in a group, that would be fine. Mina collaborates with a junior student from Piano major to help her student. Mina then back at her seat on the frontline, she called out her first student to be on stage.

The first student, a male solo vocalist, chose to sing Being Alive from Stephen Sondheim's Company. The song is so emotional, the song is so hard, more like a libretto type but in this song, you have to deliver the right emotion so that your performance is not easily forgotten. The male student must have his theatre basics before because he delivered the song really well. He channeled the emotion just right. They all clapped after he gave his best performance.

"Wow, nice song choice, Jeongwon! I love that you make it different from the original piece, nicely done" Mina smiles at Jeongwon. Mina didn't plan to give harsh comments to her students, they are all freshmen, and the purpose of this assignment is simply just to put them used to being on stage, just that. Mina is afraid that her student will have stage fright just like her.

"Miss Son, do you have any comments?"

Chaeyoung sort of shocked when Mina calls out her name. Mina's assistant brings another microphone for Chaeyoung. Mina then nods, signaling that it's okay to make comments.

"Eh, Jeongwon, isn't it?"

The student nods.

"I love that you channeled your emotions so right for this song. Because I know that you weren't doing the Company version but A Marriage Story one, am I right?"

Jeongwon smiles at Chaeyoung and nods to her.

"Seeing your performance reminded me of Adam Driver when he did this song. Nicely done, oh and I love your vocal material. Hope that someday you would perform on one of big theatre in Daehakro"

"Thank you so much Miss Son" Chaeyoung smiles at him.

Mina looks at Chaeyoung and nods to her once again, Nice comment Son Chaeyoung.

The second performer is a group of 5, 3 females and 2 males in this group. All of them stand up in one row. The piano starts to play. Upon the first bar of the piano play, all the students already shout out to the performance. Mina and Chaeyoung also know the song, all the theatre performance is dying to do this song all the time. It's like the forever jam to the theatre community, the song never gets old. Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes, opening song from the Broadway Rent - Season of Love. It is always fascinating to see a group of people sing this song.

Reaching out to the second refrain of the song, all of the students, Mina included clapping their hands, especially when one of the students sang out her whistle voice towards the end, all the students whoo-ing at her. It was a very great performance.

No words are needed from both Mina and Chaeyoung, they all just love the performance. To sit in the audience seat like this makes Chaeyoung miss her university life even more. It's only a year and a half that she experienced being a composition major student at SNU, but it was all her happy moments there that she wasn't able to forget. Chaeyoung also spent most of her time in SNU's auditorium since she joined her department's annual performance when she was just a freshman. So it was so eventful for Chaeyoung herself, that she was only a freshman when she joined a big production, but it was also her last production.

The third student is a female duo, it's interesting that the three first performers chose broadway songs, well it's always been like that with music, theatre, and performing arts major, they live closely with the theatre industry and theatre is often their biggest influence. The female duo sang For Good from Wicked. Chaeyoung understands why these 2 chose this song, the other one has vocal material just almost like Kristin Chenoweth, and the other one is a belter like Idina Menzel.

And just to clear the air, I ask forgiveness

For the things I've done, You blame me for.

But then I guess, We know there's blame to share.

And none of it seems to matter anymore.

Like a comet pulled from orbit (Like a ship blown from its mooring)

As it passes the sun (By a wind off the sea)

Like a stream that meets a boulder (Like a seed dropped by a bird)

Halfway through the wood (In the wood)

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

I do believe I have been changed for the better.

And because I knew you...

Because I knew you...

Because I knew you

I have been changed...

For good.

This is a perfect song and supposed to make you feel good, the scene for this song in Wicked is so beautiful, it showed a wonderful friendship between Glinda and Elphaba. But the lyrics were that sad for Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung shed tears upon hearing the last verse, and she claps her hand for the two. It was a stunning performance, and she didn't have comments for it.

The two of them ended the song with smiles on her face, she then looked at Mina waiting for comments.

"Oh my, I am sorry that we made you cry, Mrs. Myoi"

"Oh that's okay, it's all because you did a great performance, Areum, and Dani. I have no comments"

Chaeyoung smiles at Mina, even though she can't see her from the back, maybe Mina could also feel what Chaeyoung feels as well. The song touches both hearts.

The fourth performance finally gives another genre of the songs, he's a rocker and it's challenging for him to do the song with a piano companion only. But to what everyone's surprise, he delivered it well with his screams and shout performing the piano version of The Beginning from One Ok Rock, he has a very high pitch voice and he could scream on top of his lung and it fills the auditorium with his only voice, everyone in the room starts headbanging towards the performance, some of them shout at him as well. And the last performance, it was unexpected at all that she's a pansori singer. She performed the Korean traditional music with her voice, it was so beautiful to hear and to know that still there's a young generation who cares a lot about Korean traditional music. Mina and Chaeyoung, and the rest of the audience couldn't help give her a standing ovation because the last performance just tops everyone's performance.

Mina back at the stage again as the performance for today is already done, Mina praised all the performers and said to the rest that they should do their best just like their friends today. Mina is about to end her class, not until one of her students then shouts to her.

"Mrs. Myoui please sing for us!"

Following the statement, everyone then whoo-ing at her and giving her encouragement to do so.

Chaeyoung is in a little panic now, Chaeyoung knows that Mina will never perform on stage again. Chaeyoung is afraid that Mina would have a nervous breakdown or something. Chaeyoung is about to fight and save her, but Mina just smiles and laughs at her students from upstage.

"Aish you guys, really?" Mina said to her student, teasing them.

"Yes, Mrs. Myoi, please!"

Mina laughs again at them, she then goes to the pianist and whispers something to him. He made an okay sign to Mina.

"Alright, you guys if you want this badly. I wanted to end the class actually, but you guys made me do it, fine!"

All her students whoo-ing at her again.

Chaeyoung then sits back again in her seat seeing Mina is comfortable doing it. Chaeyoung starts to catch her breath because she was so panicked, she's afraid Mina would fall again.

Mina takes the center of the stage, she brings the mic stand with her, putting the mic on it. Mina takes a deep breath and starts to close her eyes. Mina gives a cue to the pianist with her right hand. The pianist starts to give her the intro.

Chaeyoung looks at her, she folds her hand into a praying form, she prays that Mina would nail this. After one intro bar, Mina starts to sing.

I peer through windows,

Watch life go by,

Dream of tomorrow,

And wonder "why"?

The past is holding me,

Keeping life at bay,

I wander lost in yesterday,

Wanting to fly -

But scared to try.

Mina then opens her eyes and sees only one person in her direction. The piano starts to play slowly under Mina's cue, making her voice stand out with a menial companion.

But if someone like you

Found someone like me,

Then suddenly

Nothing would ever be the same!

My heart would take wing,

And I'd feel so alive -

If someone like you

Found me!

Without her expectation, tears run down Chaeyoung's eyes. She's now remembered how beautiful Mina's voice is. She's now able to hear it again. Mina has no trouble having it on stage, she delivered the song well. She wasn't singing in her opera voice, but she's confident and comfortable bringing this piece on stage.

So many secrets

I've longed to share!

All I have needed

Is someone there,

To help me see a world

I've never seen before -

A love to open every door,

To set me free,

So I can soar!

If someone like you

Found someone like me,

Then suddenly

Nothing would ever be the same!

There'd be a new way to live,

A new life to love,

If someone like you

Found me!

Chaeyoung shed even more tears, she's so touched by the lyrics. Mina sings her heart out towards the performance, she hits the high notes without troubles, without fears, Chaeyoung is somehow so proud looking at her now. Upon the last chorus, there's the modulation and Mina closes her eyes again.

Oh, if someone like you

Found someone like me,

Then suddenly

Nothing would ever be the same!

My heart would take wing,

And I'd feel so alive -

If someone like you............

Mina opens her eyes, Chaeyoung knows that she would look at her. Chaeyoung wipes her tears more and more. Mina knows that Chaeyoung could feel it. This song is for her.

Loved me

Loved me

Loved me

Mina ended the song beautifully, all her students just stood up and gave her a standing ovation, they whoo-ing at her and whistling to her. Chaeyoung also stands up, clapping her hands out for her, looking at her, and smiles widely at her. Giving her a kiss bye. Mina smiles at her, she then bows to the audience.

Chaeyoung still can't believe it, 17 years and now she can hear that voice again. The voice that could make Chaeyoung write her music better. Chaeyoung is somehow relieved, she thought she would never hear that voice again because Mina was traumatized, and Chaeyoung made her that way. But she somehow can finally breathe in relief that Mina is able and has no fear of singing on stage anymore.

Chaeyoung is so proud of her.

Mina then ends her class, one by one her students leave the auditorium, some of them make small talks with Chaeyoung, mostly talking about Yuna and they thanked her that Yuna's album and songs never failed them. While Mina tidies up her things, she looks at her students roaming around Chaeyoung and she just smiles to herself.

The last student then leaves the auditorium, Mina then walks toward Chaeyoung who already stands up waiting for her.

"How do you feel about seeing their performances? Recharge right?"

They walk towards the auditorium door, Chaeyoung nods.

"They're all great, I hope that they could achieve their dreams, each one of them"

"I feel the same too" Mina smiles at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung stops her steps and stands in front of Mina.

"You sang again. It was beautiful, Minari"

Mina smiles at her widely.

"So out of 6 performers you saw right there, you agree that mine was the best right?" Mina laughs and smiles at her widely.

Chaeyoung nods and laughs at her, "Of course"

They walk again, back to the academic building, Mina gives the files to them and signs her absent sheet. Chaeyoung just waits for her outside while taking her cigarette break.

"So........." Mina then showed up in front of her.

Chayoung turned off his cigarette and put the bud away in the trash.

"Can you accompany me to the beach, Chaeyoung-ah. I feel like I wanted to see the beach" Mina smiles at her

"I'll take you there" Chaeyoung nods at her, she's just happy, so happy that she could see Mina sing again.

Today, Chaeyoung sees Mina with all smiles, she's smiling again and she sings again.

Today feels like Chaeyoung sees Mina from 17 years ago.

Happy and confident Mina.

Chaeyoung drove this time, Chaeyoung knows the perfect beach in Gangneung. They both went there when they did volunteer in Sokcho. It's not in Sokcho, but near that, it's in Yangyang. They both loved the place because it was never crowded. Chaeyoung bet that it will be even less crowded since it's autumn, no one would even want to go to the beach at this temperature. Chaeyoung didn't tell Mina where she would bring her, but Mina just knows that Chaeyoung would drive to Naksan. They spent lots of time there. It's relatively less crowded, and both sunrise and sunset there were just so beautiful. It also has a beautiful shore.

Mina is smiling when she arrives at the place. Chaeyoung parked just in front of the beach. Chaeyoung said that they should just leave their shoes in the car since both are wearing high heels. Mina nods at her. After getting out of the car Mina just ran towards the soft sand, leaving Chaeyoung behind, Chaeyoung can only look at her happily. It feels like the first time she brought Mina here. She was all happy and giggling.

Chaeyoung heads toward her direction and catches Mina. But are too cowardly to touch the water since it's freezing and they don't want to catch a cold. They play excitedly for a bit like a young couple, mostly Mina teases Chaeyoung and splashes the cold water on her, Chaeyoung just surrenders and lets the older girl do everything. It's good to finally see Mina like this, since they first encounter again at Seattle, Chaeyoung didn't catch a genuinely happy Mina like this.

Mina has done with playing and suggested to buy some beverages at the convenience store up there. They walked with their bare foods, touching their feet on the sand, walking on the coastline together, Chaeyoung walked a little bit faster, Mina then caught her up.

Both then tighten up their coat, it's getting colder.

"How's Bang Sujin doing?"

Mina always smiles when she talked about her daughter, "She's doing great, she's been a total geek since she received the launch pad from you. She played it non stop"

Chaeyoung then stops and looks at her, Chaeyoung wants to deny it, but she can't. "Ho...How, How did you know?" She speaks with her trembling voice.

"It's was just too obvious tho, I always said those things to Dahyun, and then a day after that things always appearing at my house magically"

"I am sorry, Bu Dahyun wasn't..............."

"No, that's fine, we need those. The launchpad, Sujin's new guitar case, lots of strings you sent, a vacuum cleaner as well, rice cakes during Chuseok, new windshield when we moved, well it was useful things you sent"

Chaeyoung laughs, "I am sorry, but your daughter always said things in her vlog, so yeah Dahyun wasn't the one to blame on this"

"You watched her vlog?" Mina asked Chaeyoung while looking at her, "Out of 300 hundred people that watched her vlog, you were one of them? Even I didn't watch her vlog"

"YA, you should though. Your daughter uploaded her music there, she was so talented, and she's funny and witty as well"

Mina laughs at her, "Oh sure, being in the countryside makes you very less busy, Son Chaeyoung. Even checking out my daughter's vlog"

Both laugh and continue walking, the mini-market seems close but it isn't.

"It was a nice thing you did for Dahyun tho, I didn't know till the last November that I caught her reporting to you"

"I told her too many times not to report things to me but she insisted" Chaeyoung laughs, "It was all my mother's inheritance, She let me and Jisung have a lot, we both confused what to do with that money, I asked Jisung if I could invest those to Music Factory and he agreed to that. I know Music Factory since the first time Dahyun built that company, she started Music Factory at one underground space in Hongdae, and because of her talents, people are trusting her to do their music. I would be very sad if Dahyun sells the company to others because I know Dahyun's music values are embedded in that company. My mom would be happy as well if I used it to support other musicians, so I invested to Dahyun, it was all my mother's not me"

Once again, Chaeyoung never changed, everyone knows how rich she is, but she chose to stay humble.

"Well thanks to those investments, I landed a job there" Mina smiles at her.

They walk again, Mina looks at Chaeyoung's right hand, a little bit tremble because of the cold perhaps and she slid her left hand holding her. Chaeyoung was shocked at first, but then Mina put both hands in her left pocket. Chaeyoung could only gulp at Mina's bold action, her heart racing. Mina is holding Chaeyoung's hand inside her pocket now. Mina looks at Chaeyoung and smiles at her, they continue walking.

They arrive at the little market, they buy a coffee from the vending machine, it's perfect to enjoy the sunset with warm coffee in the afternoon. The beach is so quiet, there's only the sound of curling waves, there's no one there this afternoon. There were only two of them, the sky was orange, almost red with a touch of purple, it was beautiful, and the sun slowly started to set. Mina and Chaeyoung sit on the soft white sand while holding their coffee.

Mina takes a deep breath.

"It's nice coming here again"

Chaeyoung only nods and smiles.

Mina took something from her inside the pocket coat and gave it to Chaeyoung.

''This is for you"

Chaeyoung took it, it was sort of like an invitation.

Chaeyoung sees it.

"Matilda the Musical? What is this?"

"Opening night invitation. It's my musical debut stage" Mina said shyly, can't look at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung's jaw drop, she wants to say something but she can only look at the invitation, she can't believe that Mina is going to have her debut.

"I will be playing Miss Honey. It was a recurring role, but I am really happy with that role, Chaeyoung-ah. Playing with so many young and talented actors and actresses just makes me happy every day. I never thought I would get this role, it was the most terrifying audition for me. I only auditioned for the ensemble cast actually. But the director wanted me to sing Miss Honey number, thank God that I practiced her song before. Never expected that I got the role"

Chaeyoung couldn't take her eyes off from the invitation as she sees Mina's face in the small program book, Myoi Mina as Miss Honey. Tears then fall on the invitation.

Mina sees it.

"Chaeyoung-ah............."

Chaeyoung wiping her tears, and saying sorry to Mina, "I am sorry, I am so happy that you finally make your debut, I don't know why am I crying right now"

Mina then wipes Chaeyoung's tears with her hand, Chaeyoung can't stop her tears.

Mina looks at her eyes, Chaeyoung keeps closing her eyes.

"Chaeyoung look at me..........."

Chaeyoung slowly opens her eyes.

"It's my present for you. I want you to know that I have overcome everything that I fear in my life. I woke up one day and decided that I didn't want to waste another day" Mina looked at her, "I determined to be on stage again, I know that I can't sing an opera again, but I should really and finally listen to others when they said that I could still sing, that I still have so many options, I have a good voice that I should really fond if only I heard those people. I was determined to do auditions again, it was never too late for me. I quit teaching at Hanyang, I asked Dahyun permission on doing auditions and she let me until I landed this role. I said to myself over and over again, I need to nail this, I need to overcome this. I need to be on stage again because I want this day to happen. I wanted to hand the invitation to you, I want you to know that I am still singing"

Mina takes a deep breath and she's holding both Chaeyoung's hand on hers.

"I want you to know that it didn't go to waste when you gave up your life for me Son Chaeyoung" Mina then also shed her tears.

"I think our life is so full of many misunderstandings, Chaeyoung-ah. But I want you to know that I am so thankful that you gave up your life for me, knowing that you also gave up your dream because of me and the others. If I could turn back the time, If I knew things you did for me, I think I could let my life differently. But I think about it over and over Chaeyoung-ah, I think I would still do the things I did. Those stupid and regrettable things I did. Because at that time, I didn't want to do my music without you, Son Chaeyoung. You were the one that kept me going at that time. And I didn't want to go on without you. But trust me, I never blame you for the voice I lost. It was all me, I wasn't thinking clearly, I guess that I want to lose that voice because I don't think I'll be able to sing it again without you. But here I am today, I decided not to give up, because of you again. You gave me this life to move on, we have our failures, but now I want to give it a shot again. It was all because of you, Son Chaeyoung"

Chaeyoung drowns her face down.

"So please, please I beg you, stop blaming yourself, please. I know that you've been through hell too as I was. Dean Jun and Jisung told me everything. This is me, proving myself to you, Son Chaeyoung, that I didn't give up on my dreams because you gave me a way to go on. Maybe in the past, I didn't know everything, but now that I know, I feel thankful towards you Chaeyoung. If I were you, I would do the same as well. I blamed myself for everything Chaeyoung, but I learned to stop doing that because I want to keep moving forward "

Mina then hugs her. Both crying in each other's embrace. Chaeyoung crying badly in her arms.

Mina the pull up herself from each other embrace, and she then just cupping Chaeyoung's face in her hands, wiping Chaeyoung's tears. Chaeyoung does the same to her. Chaeyoung then averted her eyes to the invitation again, looking at it with a smile on her face. Mina then leans on Chaeyoung's shoulder, Chaeyoung opens her arms and letting Mina rest on her chest while she embraces her with her left hand to her shoulder making her close. Chaeyoung still looking at the invitation,

"So, how's your rehearsal?"

"All good, we would do media preview next week"

"Nice. Well, Miss Honey, I mean, you've been a teacher your whole life, I bet it would be easier for you to take this role. I saw a slight Miss Honey on your class you today, you care a lot about your student"

"Well, they were nice as well. They helped me overcome my fear as well. Back last semester at Hanyang, one of my students was dealing with stage fright. I could see myself in hers, she has certain trauma from her last performance. I shared my experience with her, to accompany her I did a duet with her, to gain her confidence as well. That was the first time again I finally sang in the theatre building with over 200 people watching me. Their last assignment was a mini-concert. Not only did she finally conquer her fear, but also I defeated my anxiety as well. After that, all the memories on stage come back to my mind, and I realized I was born for this, was born to perform. Just because I performed in a short form, makes me want to go and go on, I missed performing on stage. I told Dahyun about that, and looking at my background, she suggested that I had to audition for musical theatre. Matilda was the first audition I went to, I practiced a lot for it. I was so lucky that I got in one go. I am so happy and content. And the past 4 months I've been practicing like crazy. I hope it brings a good result"

"You'll do great, I can assure you that. The most important thing is that you should just enjoy the stage like the old times. I am so proud of you, Minari"

Mina smiles to herself and adjusts her head to rest even more.

"Well, can't wait to see the swing scene and When I Grow Up number then"

Mina then gets up and looks at Chaeyoung, "You should really see it, it was so great, the west end and Broadway did good, but the Korea version makes it perfect. I am so proud of that scene" Mina said in a very serious tone.

"Okay, okay, I trust you" Chaeyoung laughing at her.

"So, you will be there, on the opening night, right? You will come out from your hideout and be there, right?"

Chaeyoung nods, "Yes, of course, Minari, I'll be there for your musical debut"

"You know what's funny? Sujin got jealous because I spent my time looking for other kids, the ensemble kids on set. She jealous of the one playing Matilda, this one" Mina point at the program book, "I feel fond to the kid because she's so similar with my Sujin"

"Hahahaha that kid, she just wanted your attention"

"I know............"

Chaeyoung looks at Mina again, she's so proud of this woman words aren't enough to say she's so proud. Chaeyoung then stands up, and asks for her hand, helping her get up.

"The sun is about to set, let's see it from the up-close"

Mina gladly takes her hand, Chaeyoung holding her hand toward the beach. It was so beautiful as they can see, the ¾ of the sun is already drowning, they both stand there, hand in hand watching the sun together. Years ago, it became their routine, after they volunteered at the orphanage or the hospice, they would go to the beach and watch the sunset together.

"I sometimes went to Jeongdongjin alone to see a view like this, and it always calmed me down. No matter how busy I was, if it's like the perfect time I would just go there and stare at the view. It's beautiful" Chaeyoung said

Mina nods at her, while both of them still starstruck at their view.

"Thank you for this, Minari"

Mina looks at their intertwined hands.

"As you always calm down when you see the sunset at this beach, I have also had a thing that could make me calm down too," Mina said while looking at her.

"You," Mina said to her.

"I was a happy kid, with dreams and butterflies, when I met you I was even happier. I could feel your love and it was nice to be loved. When you were gone, a part of me was indeed dead. I hated you, but I know deep down inside I can do it because I love you" Mina looked at Chaeyoung straight into her eyes.

"I hated you my whole life just to be the excuse, in order to make myself move on, I needed someone to blame and it was you. The truth is I blamed myself. A lot. Then Sujin happened, I could feel the love again, I love her so much and I never feel the love like I love her, a mother's love"

Mina take a deep breath, "When I met you again in Seattle, my heart can't stop beating so fast, and you always made me like that" Mina then place her left hand on her own chest, "You could still do that to me, every time you're near me, my heart beats outrageously for you"

Mina takes a deep breath.

"We both went through so much in our life, Chaeyoung. Let's be happy right now. You and I both know that we could only be happy with each other. Let's put all the past behind us, we made mistakes, we both were fools, let's not do it again. For the past 2 years, I can't function. Yeah, I spent my time hating you, but I can't function. I can't eat, I can't sleep, certain times I can't breathe. I made myself so busy that I won't think about you, but no matter how hard I tried, you kept popping up in my head. I was ready to let all the past behind me, to actually come here and take you back because I know and I realized that I can't live without you. Screwed it, cause I just wanna be with you. Then I met Dean Jun, he told me everything. That was when I felt that I want to be better first, for you. You should know it from me directly that you didn't cause any of this, major things that happened in my life, it was all my responsibilities, it was my fate. You always wanted to protect me, I do too, I want to protect you as well. So, please realize it Chaeyoung that right now we don't have our past that is clinging to us anymore. Let's all be happy"

Mina then makes Chaeyoung looks at her,

"And by any means, happy for me, is always been with you" Mina then cups her face in her hand.

Chaeyoung took the big leap, she then pressed her lips on Mina. It's something they both wanted for a long time. Mina opens her mouth slowly and she replies to the kiss as well, their lips dance in a motion. It was slow at a stable pace but it was magical. All the heavy burdens in Chaeyoung's shoulder feels like finally lifted. Their past won't matter anymore, all the names won't matters, it's Chaeyoung and Mina that matters.

Chaeyoung slowly pulls herself from the kiss but she isn't ready to open her eyes. Chaeyoung is still cupping Mina's face in her hands. Touching her forehead in hers.

She takes a deep breath, she takes another deep breath.

Now there isn't something blocking her airway. She could finally breathe.

"I love you Minari"

Mina nods at Chaeyoung, "I love you too, Son Chaeyoung. I don't want to live without you again, it sucks" Mina shed a tear.

Chaeyoung nods at her, she then hugs her. She hugs her really tight, she places her chin on her shoulder, she isn't going anywhere but Chaeyoung hugs her tightly. Chaeyoung smiles at her, Mina also laughs at her action.

Mina looked at her again and gave her another kiss. A little lighter this time. At this age, they both finally find love again. No, no. Their love is always there, hiding in a very secret place in their hearts, but today they could finally find the key and open the pandora box again. They thought that the box was only filled with hurtful memories, they forget that the flowers and butterflies also fill that beautiful box. 

***

*Song Credits*

For Good - Elphaba, Glinda (Wicked The Musical)

Someone Like You - Lucy Harris (Jekyll & Hyde The Musical)

***Stay tuned for one more epilogue***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 2.6K 16
⚠️: If you're innocent/sensitive bye~🔞 Son Chaeyoung, a very smart and hardworking daughter, graduates and becomes a professor at the age of 17 beca...
85.6K 3.2K 50
Myoi Sharon Mina. The girl who has evrything. Beauty, brains, luxuries... you name it. She is respected by all because of her confidence and kindness...
77.9K 2.6K 14
Their life after Twice would be so much different. What could possibly happen when they meet again at the age of late 30? After splitting for nearly...
257K 12K 64
Son Chaeyoung, a tyrant and philander woman hold the reputation for so long. Not caring for others nor anyone, a remorseless human being. She lives h...