The Backup Singer

Від brokenbonezz

▌-中宛; ❰ the backup singer ❱ taking the easy way to find success is to be called lazy. izuku midoriya, t... Більше

Chapter 1: Popstar Deku
Chapter 2: Trying Out
Chapter 4: The Email
Chapter 5: A Mistake?
Chapter 6: The Mall
Chapter 7: Uraraka and Todoroki
Chapter 8: Mom
Chapter 9: Identity
Chapter 10: Distant
Chapter 11: All Might
Chapter 12: Suspicious
Chapter 13: Advice
Chapter 14: Discovered
Chapter 15: Me Too
Chapter 16: Date!
Chapter 17: Jealous
Chapter 18: Forgiveness
Chapter 19: Father?
Chapter 20: Legends
~Epilogue~

Chapter 3: New Recruits

2.8K 81 51
Від brokenbonezz

(hihihihihihi welcome bAcK :3 ok less get into ittt yEeT)

~Izuku's POV~

Today was the backup singer tryout, honestly...I'm pissed. Like I don't need backup like why would I need backup?? Well, today was the day and so I got ready to set everything up. 

At the studio, there was a table to sign in and places for the groups to sit and talk. I see Iida on the other side other the room and I decided to talk to him.

"Good Morning Iida," I smiled.

"Oh, Good morning, Midoriya!" He smiles back, "As you know, today is the tryouts and I can see that you're a little mad. Even so, I think you will have very fun hearing these singers."

I rolled my eyes, I'm already annoyed, "Yeah, yeah, ok. I'm going to my office." 

I got to my office and sat down and ate my cinnamon bun, it was my last one so I had to go buy some more tomorrow.

After I ate my breakfast it was already 30 minutes before 12 o'clock so I got out of my office and went to check up on Iida.

I see him still in the main area set up, "Iida, don't you want a break? You've been out here since, well I don't know, you were here before me."

Iida sighs, "Yeah I know, but I really want this to go well, I want you to be excited about this. These singers that are coming can really change you, Midoriya." 

I think about what he says, "Yeah I know, I just need some time that's all." I gave him a soft smile, then offering him to help. We worked in the room until it was time to get ready.

***

It was 4:30 already, thankfully we finished setting up in time. Once we finished I headed home to change out of my loungewear. Today I kinda wanted to show those singers whos boss, so today I wore a nice All Might Shirt (my favorite singer!!), navy blue pants, a blue hat, a white mask to hide myself, and a nice yellow mustard belt to finish it off, oh and also my glasses!

(a/n: manz got stylee 😌✋)

Once I finished changing I headed back to my studio and I saw groups already here, pretty early actually. The tryouts don't start in about 15 minutes.

I walk in and all of their eyes were on me, of course, nothing new. Since I'm technically the number one singer, everyone is going to look at me and judge me. In the beginning, I wasn't ready, I had mild panic attacks and my anxiety would go to the next level. But now that it's a constant thing, I don't really mind anymore.

I walk past then and go into the other room to check up on Iida.

"Hey Iida, how you holding up?" I asked.

"Oh hey, Midoriya! I'm doing pretty good, as you can see people are showing up already." He started.

"Yeah! Hey um, do you know how many groups are trying out today?" I say.

"Oh um, I think probably about 15 groups, why?" Iida asks.

"Well, I just wanted to see how many people would show up. You know, like..um, having the guts to tryout I guess." I answered.

Iida and I continue our conversation until about 5 groups showed up. More and more came, once about 10 groups were here, I greeted them all just for them to feel a bit calmer. 

Even though I didn't like the idea of backup singers, I still wanted to cheer these singers up. 

***

After I greeted more than half of the groups, two more groups came in, just a little bit late but just in time before we start. 

As I finished greeting the group in front of me I turn around and see a tall ash-blond staring at me. He was very handsome and his eyes were just gorgeous. His ruby red eyes really caught me, I couldn't look away. 

After a minute or two, he looks away, I thought that it was a good idea to greet myself.

I walk over to him and tap his shoulder, "Hi! I'm Deku, nice to meet you!" I smiled. He was about to say hi before his whole crew cut him off.

"HI! NICE TO ME YOU DEKU, WE ARE THE BAKUSQUAD!" They yelled in unison. 

They made me flinch, "Wow, aren't you guys a little crazy." I chuckled, I'm pretty surprised they had so much energy than the other groups I saw.

I looked at the ash-blond, I caught him rolling his eyes. I guess he isn't surprised by their actions.

"So I'm guessing the whole group is here if I am correct." I started.

"Yep! Bakubro, Mina, Kiri, Sero and-" When he turned around he sees a brown-haired girl and a bi color-haired boy sucking each other's face. The blond pushed them apart and karate chop both their heads. 

"...and the lovebirds, I guess." He finishes in embarrassment.

When I saw that it was Todoroki and Uraraka I freaked out, Todoroki was my boyfriend in high school and there was a party one night. 

I went with Todoroki and soon we separated. When I started looking around for him I finally found him. Once I got closer I see that he was making out with Uraraka my best friend, wait no, let me rephrase that. I saw him making out with my ex-best friend. I was so heartbroken and I thought I could've trusted Todoroki with all of my love.

The fact that Todoroki was here made my heartache, the pain from that night came back, I instantly left them, "O-Oh, heh, well n-nice to me-meet you a-all." I leave quickly, removing them from my sight.

***

After I finished greeting all the groups, it was time for the tryouts. Iida made an announcement to the singers while I walk into the studio room. 

The first few groups weren't so good, if all the groups sing that terribly then there is no point in having this tryout. 

Somewhere near the end, the groups have gotten better. Some of their vocals were on point, no stuttering, no mistakes, and very harmonic. Everything that I've been looking for. If I have to have backup singers then I need the best. I need to be the best. I'm not going to have my career end because of some other people. 

------------ 

There was only one group left, it was the very loud group. The group that I've been having second thoughts about. Ok, I'll be honest, yes, it's because of Todoroki and Uraraka, I mean don't you think it'll be super awkward? But other than that, they seem so hyped. They are problematic people. I can just tell, even the ash-blond boy was annoyed by them. But I still have to give them a chance. 

To be honest, I don't even want to do this, I mean if they are going to perform just like the other groups that I say then there's no hope. I need a really good group, I feel more pissed than ever. I just want to get back to singing, I want to clear my mind with music.

The last group walked in, "Alright let's get this over with, you guys choose the song you want to sing. Before you perform tell me something that I should know about yourselves. Iida, my manager, will call or email you guys if you got in or not." I explained.

The redhead grabbed the main mic and spoke into it, "Well hi, um...I'm Kirishima, on my left is Mina, Sero, and Torodoki.."

I wasn't paying attention at all when he was talking, all I was doing was eyeing Todoroki and Uraraka. 

"On my right is Bakub- Bakugo, Kaminari, and Uraraka." He finished. After, everyone else went up on the mic and said what instrument they played.

After they finished talking they started to sing a song called Best Part as soon as they started their vocals matched perfectly with the song. After the main chorus part, my eyes landed on the ash-blond, Bakugo. His eyes were closed, he was concentrating. His part comes.

It's the sunrise
And those brown eyes, yes
You're the one that I desire

His voice, by itself...it's so beautiful. He's so amazing, I would like to have a voice like that to work with me.

The chorus part appears.

I just wanna see how beautiful you are

You know that I see it

 know you're a star

Actually surprisingly all of their voices were good, they were perfect. I hate to admit it but their voices might be the ones that I need. 

Where you go I follow

No matter how far

If life is a movie

Then you're the best part, oh oh oh

You're the best part, oh oh oh

Best part

Their voices are so harmonic, I hate it. I hate that these guys are so good and they're going to work with me. Yes, I made up my mind. No need to think, I want them. They are way better than the other groups. 

If you love me won't you say something

Won't you

If you love me won't you say something

Love me, won't you

I'm so surprised, their voice blends together so perfectly. They are really an amazing group, they have the talent and I'm glad they're not putting it to waste.

If you love me won't you say something

Love me, won't you

They put their heart in soul in this, it's so obvious. They have really concentrated faces, it makes me feel so happy. I'm kinda willing to start working with them.

If you love me won't you say something
Love me, won't you

I think them coming here was the best decision they've made, I can take their talent to a whole different level.

After the song ended, even though they were good, I wanted to leave. I'm tired, grumpy, and I wanna take a nap so bad, "Ok, thanks for coming you can leave now." I said.

They left but the blond was the last one, he looked surprised. What did he want? Feedback? Nah, I don't have time for that. I rather yell at them when they come back. God, I'm so evil.

***

After an hour of cleaning the studio, Iida comes up to me, "So which group did you like?" He asks.

"Oh, I like the last group, email them and tell them they got in," I stated as a threw the trash away.

"What?! Are you not even going to think about the others?" He asks with small panic.

"Iida I made up my mind, they know what they're doing. They had coordination and everything. I think I can make them better." I answered, "Email, call them, I don't care. I want them here by tomorrow afternoon." I finished and walked away. 

"Right, I'll tell them tonight!" He yelled, loud enough for me to hear.

"Ok, bye Iida, goodnight!" I waved as I walked through the doors. 

I entered my car and turn the ignition on, hand on the steering wheel. "I hope I didn't make the greatest mistake of my life.." I sighed and left the parking lot.

***

I entered my home and walked over to the kitchen, I looked for my cinnamon rolls and realize I don't have anymore. "Ugghhhh, damn it. I'll buy some tomorrow morning." I said to myself. I made a mental note of the thing I needed to buy and headed upstairs.

I flopped on my bed and soon fell asleep, tomorrow is going to be a busy day...

Word Count: 2049

(a/n: hellllooooo ok so ya, ik the lyrics look weird and idk why 😭✋but anyways hope yall cuties enjoyed this chapter ;) anyways bai baiiii 😘)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

341K 9.1K 39
▌ューイ; ❰ snapped ❱ high school. the time where your set free from your parent's grasp. a time of the rebellious. though it wasn't always fun a...
11.4K 549 12
***𝟏𝟕 + 𝐨𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞*** 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢 𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨. 𝐀 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮�...
33.9K 1.1K 23
Two very different versions of Midoriya Izuku swap dimensions and learn some very important lessons about self-worth. Well, one of them does anyway...
21.7K 540 25
[COMPLETED] Cover made by: VioletYbrehl Izuku has a dilemma. He just realize that he likes someone. So, what is the problem about that? The problem i...