NO STRAIGHT ROADS x Reader

By tomato_teddy

(Y/N) never intended to be in the middle of a music revolution. But here they are. (Y/N) loves music. They ju... More

{ information }
{ dreams }
{ buddies and coffees }
{ home sewer home }
{ accepted }
{ out of this world }
{ thank you!! }
{ parental figures }
{ bloopers!! }
{ barraca mansion }
{ t r a i t o r }
{ tears and coffee }
{ burst into flames }
{ ellie - copter }
{ confetti attack }
{ the ballad of yn }

{ bright cyan }

2.2K 46 28
By tomato_teddy

"Well, that was awkward" Mayday said to Zuke. "Can't believe your ex-bandmate is that strong". She continued sipping her soda and scrolling through her phone. "Well, it all turned out good in the end" Zuke sighed. They had just finished hijacking Eve's concert and were walking back to their home in the sewers, currently walking in Cast Tech.

Mayday suddenly stopped in her tracks. "May, you alright?" Zuke said to her. "Umm, May?". "I-I think I heard something" she told him. She continued listening. It was singing. She knew that voice. And she didn't like it. "Come on Zuke" May told him. "I think we got another distraction besides your brother". She started running to the Festival Plaza. "Oh god" Zuke sighed and followed her.
-----•-----
Mayday and Zuke stopped at the Grand Qwasa. There was someone there to meet them. (Y/N). They were singing in front of a crowd, not facing May and Zuke. They looked different from the last night BBJ met them. Their normal casual clothes turned into something a bit more flashy. A long white laboratory coat with a cyan NSR logo on the back with cyan leggings and black jeans, one leg rolled up. They also wore cyan headphones, white sneakers and black gloves.

They were.. singing. With a proud smile on their face. They obviously enjoyed singing to the crowd. The audience they had managed to collect cheered for them. "May, I really think we should go home.." Zuke said to her. He knew what Mayday was planning on doing. "AYY(Y/N)!!" Mayday shouted. "HOW'S THE FAME GOING FOR YOU THERE, BUD!?!".

(Y/N) paused their singing for a moment and turned around. They were wearing a black turtleneck sweater with their NSR badge pinned onto their coat. "Oh, hey May!" they said cheerfully with a smile. "Sorry guys, I'll come back with another performance soon!". They waved to the crowd and walked over to Mayday and Zuke. "Hey guys" they said. "How are the hijacks going?". "Oh good so far" Mayday told them with a scowl on her face. "We've only got Tatiana to take down and then Vinyl City will be free from their rule!". "You're talking bout all this music revolution drama like it's a Pokémon game" (Y/N) told her. Mayday didn't know what a Pokémon was, but that wasn't important now. (Y/N) sighed. "By the way May, we really need to-"

"I saw you doing your little gig there" Mayday interrupted them, the scowl still present. "How's life now that you're part of an evil organization?". "Well, it's not really that evil, not gonna lie". (Y/N) tapped on her microphone a few times. "I get to show my talents to the world though". "Pfft, show off" Mayday laughed. (Y/N) furrowed their eyebrows.

"I perform one gig and you think I'm the show off?" (Y/N) questioned her. "You destroy this city's government and you think I'M the show off?". "Hey! We're doing this for the better good of Vinyl City!" Mayday yelled. "That's just what your brain is telling you, blondie!" (Y/N) shouted back. "There were audiences at some those concerts! You could've killed them if security didn't force them out!" Zuke looked over Mayday's shoulder. "May, why can't we just-". "YOU WANNA FIGHT!?!" Mayday yelled. "Oh, you wanna scrap?" (Y/N) laughed. "Yeah, we can fight" Mayday scowled. "Your microphone versus our cool rock music". (Y/N) looked nervous. They didn't plan to fight. But if it was a fight May wanted, a fight she would get. "Deal then, punks" (Y/N) chuckled. They held out their hand, expecting some form of handshake. But Mayday slapped it away instead.
-----•-----
We stood in an alleyway. There was enough space for us to do our little karaoke fight or something. I had watched some of the NSR artist's concerts and how they had battled using their music. I had also practiced lots with my voice. Surely I could find out how to battle using it.

"I'll try to take it easy on you" Mayday told me. "Wait.. nevermind! As if I would go easy on a back-stabber!". "May, we really should be heading home.." Zuke said to her. "Oh one practice fight can't go wrong!" Mayday told him and grinned. She held her guitar, ready to fight.

"Oh well" I chuckled. "I guess this is where we start fighting". I tapped my foot a few times on the ground and it made a small, glowing cyan crack in the cement. I looked at the crack in shock. I didn't know I could do that. Even Mayday and Zuke looked at me with a surprised look on their faces. "Haha- Ignore that" I chuckled nervously. I had my microphone to my lips. "We start fighting now". Mayday and Zuke readied their instruments.
-----•-----

Some art I made for this chapter. An unofficial design of Y/N in their battle outift

-----•-----
We started fighting. Zuke and Mayday going ham on their instruments yet again and me dodging and causing more strange cracks in the floor. Zuke seemed kind of hesitant. I mean, they weren't planning on battling me. But Mayday just went full psycho and always tried to attack me.

"Do you even know what you guys are doing!?" I yelled. "I just wanted to talk and you just want to battle me!!". "Just a little payback!" Mayday scowled and tried hitting me with her guitar. I continued dodging her attacks and singing on my microphone. It was pretty intense.

I stepped on one of the cracks I made and it kind of erupted into a geyser. A fleet of glowing notes appeared at my feet. I guess these were supposed to be my weapons. I tried aiming these music notes at Mayday and Zuke and trying to hit them, but they were dodging them quite good. I mean, this was my first battle after all.

Some of my music notes managed to hit Mayday and Zuke, causing small scars and scratches on them. They had managed to get me a few times too. The sleeves of my coat had a few tears and my hair was tangled up. Mayday continued going ham on her guitar and trying to hit me while I aimed my music notes at her.

"You know, you guys would make pretty good NSR artists" I chuckled. "Well, that was our original plan" Mayday told me. "But your buds rejected us simply because of rock". I laughed. "Tatiana had a good reason, but you only focused on your side of the story". Tatiana only wanted order in the city, something she didn't have as a Gooling. It was a bit too far for her to ban rock though. But I'm sure it was for a good reason. Right?

"Pfft, as if!" Mayday shouted. She swung her guitar at me. "That grandma probably never held a guitar!". "You don't know anything!" I yelled. I sent my music notes towards her, but she dodged them.

"Oh so you're now part of the government, now you know everything!" Mayday chuckled and kicked me hard in the legs. I fell down onto the hard cement ground and my headphones fell off my head. The pain was pretty sore, not gonna lie. There was a glowing crack near me and I slapped my hand on it. A geyser of music notes burst out and I tried to aim them at Mayday. But me, laying on the ground didn't have good aim.

"May!" Zuke shouted. I could see Zuke walk over to us. "You guys really should stop this..". "Oi! Why!?" Mayday yelled. "This person freaking backstabbed us and you say that I SHOULD STOP!?". "May, I didn't want to fight!" I yelled. I got up and tapped my foot on the ground again. The cracks and spare music notes disappeared.

"I just wanted to talk for God's sake!". "Yeah, talk in the language of fighting!" Mayday shouted. Zuke held her back. "May! We can't just start fights with people who don't even want to fight!". Mayday looked at him. "They're obviously another distraction sent by Tatiana to stop us from destroying NSR!!". "I WAS JUST SINGING FOR GOD'S SAKE!!" I shouted. Tears were streaming down my cheeks again.

"I'M SORRY, OKAY!?!" I shouted. "I NEVER WANTED IT TO END THIS WAY! I JUST WANTED FOR US TO BE MUSIC BUDDIES!!!". Mayday looked back at me. "I-I'm sorry" I said. Tears were falling onto the cement floor.

"I never intended to even be in Vinyl City. I-I thought it was destiny for me to land in the music capital and p-pursue a career in music. I was friends with you guys way before the auditions. But I got my career just w-when you guys turned sides. I thought I c-could be on both sides... I bit off more than I could chew".

Mayday sighed and walked towards me. She placed a hand on my shoulder. "Look, sorry I pulled you into this fight." Mayday said to me. "I guess I still felt really really angry and forgot that you were a friend of mine". I smiled. "We're still against NSR though" she told me. "And I'm still on NSR's side." I replied. Zuke looked at us with a confused, but happy way.

"But we're still buddies". Mayday smirked. "Yeah.." I said. "Thanks for returning my luggage by the way". "Oh, no problem" she chuckled. "Oh and by the way, how's it like hanging out with 1010-". "May, I think it's time for us to go" Zuke told her.

Mayday looked back at him. "Oh yeah, see ya later (Y/N)!". Mayday waved at me. I picked up my headphones and waved back. They walked out of the alleyway, me standing there alone. And I was left to my own anxious thoughts now.
-----•-----
I was still staying at the hotel. Some people had been slipping fan letters under my door while I was gone. Stuff like "I love your music!!" and "So glad you went EDM". I sat down on my bed and placed the letters into my luggage bag. I decided to change into something more casual. A cream coloured sweater and black sweatpants.

I switched off the lights and plopped myself onto my bed. I inserted my ear buds and continued listening to music. I was left to think my own thoughts now. They only need to defeat Tatiana now to strike down this EDM empire. What would happen to me then? I sighed and decided to try to think of something more pleasant.

I remembered back when I first really got into music when I was 12. Back then, I was a really big fan of Katy Perry and One Direction. I developed my voice back then, singing along to their songs and watching tutorials by vocal coaches.

I was still a shy kid back then, not bothering to tell anyone in my class about my singing ability. But my mum and dad encouraged me to continue my dream of becoming a popstar. Even after their divorce, my mum still called and asked me to sing a song for her to check up on my improvement.

That child's dream then turned into a fever dream reality. I wonder what young me would be thinking if they knew what happened to me. They'd probably brush over the fact I betrayed my best friends and skip straight to the pastel Miku mermaid. As I was thinking about that little kid's hopes and dreams, I fell asleep.
-----•-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 161 18
You lived a life filled with people who loved and cherished you. You were raised by two amazing dads, your identical twin brother and lots of wonderf...
2.7K 120 17
{Part 2 book} Where did I lose my mind like my lover? It's quite surprisingly that I'm a bit more saner than the Devil himself. The flashing lights a...
137K 5K 38
[Vampire Knight Fan fic] Imagine yourself in my shoes. . .You're on your way to high school, first day, senior year, from the parking lot in your bor...
1.2K 285 81
There is no such thing as a good side and bad side in a war. We are both the good and bad side. It just depends on your perspective. At the end of th...