Wasn't Expecting You

Autorstwa prettiestoflies

Joey got up off my bed and made his way out of the room, stopping before he exited. "For the record, if we h... Więcej

Character Aesthetics
Locke House
Not my type
The Busy Bean
I'm Unforgettable
Partners
You Surprise Me
You play?
After Party
Sandra
Blacktops
Avoiding
Stay With Me
Alone
The Past
Mom
Halloween
Happy
Meet the Family
Benjamin Cameron
Thanksgiving
One Day
Birthday
Bubble of Bliss
Momma Knows
Love
History on Repeat
He will be ok?
Team Indigo
Hold Me Tonight
Show me how much
Daddy's little girl
When one door closes
Breathe
A Hundred Questions
San Diego
Could never love you like you needed
Brother
Beau
Ice-cream
We're coming home
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Update

Date Night

5.2K 180 33
Autorstwa prettiestoflies

"Why are you so nervous? You've been on dates before, right?" Harper asked me as I stood in front of our full length mirror, preparing myself for my date with Joey.

"Actually, no. I haven't, well not like a real date," I admitted.

"One guy took her to a party as their date, but that doesn't count because he got drunk and ditched her. The next one ended up taking her on some group dinner thing that he didn't tell her was a group thing before hand. Then her first boyfriend never really took her out, Lee was a dick like that, they just fucked so I guess it was fitting that he was a dick and had one. Then her summer fling was just that, a fling," Ali summarised my dating life, not even looking up as she sat on my bed painting her nails.

"Wow. I honestly thought guys would have been all about taking you out on dates in high school. You have the pretty, smart, nice girl vibe that usually screams date me, spoil me, treat me like a queen," Harper said, clearly surprised.

"Plus, she actually likes him. So it's different again," Ali continued.

"But he likes her too," Harper countered.

"Ok, if you two are done discussing my love life like I'm not even in the room, I'd like some assistance in which shoes to wear!" I cut them off, modelling a pair of black ankle boots with a medium heel on one foot and simple peep toe pumps on my other.

"Boots, they are cute, dressy but not over the top," Harper assessed.

I looked back into the mirror. I had tight black skinny jeans, a loose silver satin top with a cowl neckline and spaghetti straps with my leather jacket over the top. Ali has loosely curled my hair and we left my make up fairly natural.

"It's not too much black?" I asked.

"Girl, you look hot! Besides, he's seen you just about at your worst more than once, and still wants to date you," Harper confirmed.

"You going to sleep with him?" Ali asked.

"Ali!!" I exclaimed.

"That's my cousin, close enough to be my brother. I don't want to know, and when it does happen, because it will, I forbid you to talk about it in front of me," Harper screwed up her face.

"I don't see the big deal. You're going to screw him eventually, why not just get it out of the way now. Hate to put all the legwork in and then he is shit in bed," Ali said nonchalantly.

"Ok, so no. I have no intentions of sleeping with him tonight. First of all, as already mentioned, I actually like him. Second, I like him because of him. We get along, I'd like to explore that, it's not purely physical. Third, don't they say sex is better when you are with the right person? If he is the right person, when it happens, by that theory it will be amazing," I explained.

"Ew, feelings," Ali screwed up her face now.

I rolled my eyes at her, picking up my bag and putting my lip gloss, keys, money and phone in there just as a knock came on the door.

"You won't need money," Harper called as I walked to the door. I glared at her as I opened the door.

Joey stood there smiling and it was like the wind had been knocked out of me. He looked amazing. Scanning him from head to toe, he had white sneakers, beige chino's and a navy fitted long sleeve shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He smelt amazing and had slightly styled his hair. I was speechless and suddenly nervous all over again. How could someone so damn good looking want to date me.

"Harper's right, you won't need money," he said, clearly looking me up and down too. 

"Oh, um. Ok, sure," I stuttered out.

"Ready to go then?" He asked, flashing me that signature smile.

"Yup, I'll just grab my bag," I said quickly.

"Breathe Morgan. It's just Joey," Harper whispered to me. I shot her a grateful smile as I swiped up my bag from my desk and left the room again.

"Have fun kids! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Ali called out as I closed the door behind us.

As soon as I closed the door, Joey grabbed my hand and leant in to kiss me on the cheek, "You look amazing," he said softly.

I blushed, "You scrub up pretty good yourself," I replied as he gave me a toothy grin.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked as we made our way downstairs.

"There's an authentic Mexican restaurant in town, so we will start there," he said.

"Start there?"

"The rest is a surprise," he winked.

It didn't take long to get to the Mexican restaurant, Joey finding a park in the street. He was the perfect gentleman, insisting he open my door for me and walking down the street hand in hand.

Inside he had booked us a quieter table near the back. I couldn't help but notice the look of lust towards Joey on other girls faces as we passed. Who could blame them, he looked like a model who walked straight off the set. I was less prepared for the daggers shot my way as he never once let go of my hand. It was no secret around campus that Joey Cameron didn't date, until now.

We ordered margaritas to start, the waitress too flustered by Joey to card us and then I ordered enchiladas while Joey chose a burrito. The waitress fawned over him, telling him how people came from far and wide just for the burrito here. He shrugged her off and kept his attention on me.

"So what don't I know about Morgan Walters?" He asked me after the waitress finally left.

"There's plenty you don't know about me. What would you like to know?"

"Well let's start with basics. I know your dad passed away, I assume you don't have a good relationship with your mother. Any siblings?"

"Unless you count the foster kids I shared my early teens with for a few years? Then no, no siblings," I said. This peaked his interest slightly.

"Foster kids? I'm sorry Morgan, I didn't know you had it that rough."

"Honestly, it's fine. They were a lovely family and I was better off with them. I was still able to go to the same school, I more wish I could have stayed with them till I finished high school. I still hear from them occasionally, mostly on holidays or my birthday. They came to see me graduate high school. Tell me about your siblings."

"Ah the twins. Jessica and Jayda, my parents had a thing for J names. They are 14 now and absolute princesses. I love them to bits though."

"That's sweet. I love that your family sound so close."

"Family means a lot to me. Alright, next question. When is your birthday?"

"Feels like we are playing 20 questions, but a tame version. It's February 8th, when is yours?"

"Not really 20 questions, I just want to know everything about you, even the boring details. Plus I'd hate to miss your birthday! Mine is November 28th, it will fall over thanksgiving break. Which is a shame really, the guys throw pretty good birthday parties."

"I think the guys will find any excuse for a party," I rolled my eyes.

Our conversation continued as we found out each other's favourite colours, season of the year and why, favourite holiday and why, we then moved on to movies, tv shows and music. Discovering how much we actually had in common.

Our dinner was served, but conversation didn't slow down at all. There were no awkward silences, only stopping to talk so that we could eat.

Once our dinner was finished and plates had been cleared, Joey took my hand again, leading me to the exit. Only stopping to pay for our meal.

"Do I get to know where we are going next now?"

"Just trust me. I think you'll enjoy yourself."

"Trust me, he says. Famous last words!" I laughed.

He led me down the street, back past his car. We then crossed over the road and walked down a small laneway. We arrived outside a small theatre where a sign sat telling us it was 'Improv night- Show starts 8.30pm'.

"Improv night? What's that?" I asked.

"It's comedy theatre, but it's not a scripted show. It's sort of like drama class at school, only they are semi professional actors. One of the guys on the teams girlfriend is involved, I've been before and it's usually really funny."

"Sounds interesting! Once again Cameron, your full of surprises," I muse.

Two hours later we are stumbling out of the theatre, still grinning from ear to ear and I'm holding my stomach because my muscles hurt from laughing so much.

"That was one of the best shows I've been to! Ok, it's sort of the first one I've ever been to, but it was great. Ali would love this!" I said as we walked back to the main road.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love listening to your laugh, it's contagious."

"Funny because I always thought I laughed like a hyena. Which isn't cute at all!" I grinned.

He stopped walking and faced me.

"You don't sound like a hyena at all. Your laugh is soft, a huge smile takes over your whole face, everything about you lights up and it's amazing to watch. You're beautiful, Morgan," he says genuinely.

"You're going to give me a head as big as yours if you're not careful!"

"We couldn't have that. There's only room for one big ego here!"

"You're a dork!" I said, lightly poking his chest.

"Ouch, that was like poking a pin into that ego of mine!" He said, stepping up closer to me, talking softer now. He placed his hands on my waist.

"Is this the part of the first date where we kiss?" I ask softly.

"I'm not sure, this is my first, first date. But if I try to kiss you, you won't run away this time?"

"I won't run away," I whisper, looking directly into his bright blue eyes.

I barely finished speaking before his lips were on mine. Standing here on the sidewalk, Joey kissed me. His soft lips moving in sync with mine, the butterflies in my belly had turned to fireworks. He moved one hand from my waist to the side of my face, holding me in place.

We moved closer together, if it was even possible, our bodies flush, lips still connected. Just like our entire night had gone, this felt right, natural, like we fit perfectly together.

All too soon, Joey pulled back, resting his forehead on mine.

"That was even better than I imagined," he whispered.

I smiled up at him, my own arms had found their way around his neck. We stood there for a moment, just basking in each other.

"I should get you back home and I have a game in the morning," he said reluctantly. I nodded in agreement, feeling a little bit shy all the sudden.

He leant in and gave me a quick peck on the lips before pulling us apart and taking my hand, leading me towards his car.

As he drove back to campus, I asked him about the game tomorrow and if he thought they would win. I watched his face light up as he talked about basketball, but didn't miss every time he glanced over at me, an extra sparkle in his eye.

Once back at campus, he insisted that he walk me to my dorm.

"Thank you for tonight, I honestly had a great time," I said.

"So does that mean I get a second date?" He asked hopefully.

"You can have a second, third and fourth. In fact it doesn't even need to be a date. I like being with you Joey," I said, honestly.

"Good. I like being with you too. I really should go though," he sounded regretful.

"Text me. Good luck tomorrow."

He stepped closer to me, planting his lips on mine again. A soft kiss, lingering for a moment before pulling back.

"Night Morgan, dream of me," he winked and flashed that toothy grin.

This time I didn't mind his wink at all.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

2.1M 56.3K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...
3.3K 96 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
149K 5.6K 40
"If you're so sure you're not the guy for me, then why do you keep coming back to me?" "Isn't it obvious?" Chance groaned. "You're too good to give u...
387K 9.7K 43
*Slow updates* After agreeing to be the focus of a college article, senior Charlie Murtaugh gets more than he bargains for when he's assigned a clue...